Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:01:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE RISE AND RISE OF MONERO  (Read 35377 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:49:21 PM

Theymos says it right. The idea is great, we all should have fungible coins and privacy, but the problem is the scaling of Monero is a mess, and Bitcoin can eventually become as private as money, rendering Monero pretty irrelevant at that point. We'll see how it goes, I wish I didn't sell my XMR last month, the price was stagnant and I lost hope.

The problem with your assertion is that Bitcoin and its developers/people/team cannot even find a resolution to a single line of code (changing the block size) and yet your assertion is that they will add the complex features of monero to allow privacy at the protocol level?

Not going to happen. Very unlikely, which makes your point irrelevant.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:55:52 PM

Maybe he accumulate when the price was 0.003, now he has tripled the btc worth of holding.  Shocked Shocked

Maybe it was even earlier.  Wink

You can thank Bitcoin Core for crippling Bitcoin's ability to scale for motivating me to take a look at alt coins.

From Bitcoin Jesus to Bitcoin HATER

Cheesy

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
LiskKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:10:08 PM

Since the OP mention Esperanto and "Monero" is the Esperanto word for Coin.... I thought I would dig and found these interesting articles for all of you:

1. http://time.com/4417809/esperanto-history-invention/

2. http://www.coindesk.com/can-bitcoin-learn-failure-global-language-esperanto/

3. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266429.0
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 04:21:36 PM

I like Monero very much. Very much! It has been a challenging coin to trade in the past but that changed last week. Right now I see Monero in a trading range with two recommendations. First would be to try to buy at a discount by placing a low ball bid on the exchange you like to use. Something below .0074. Second would be to wait for price to break out above .01 and buy on a pullback. If your thing is to keep a chart open all day you will know when to increase your position. Of course many would say any time is a good time to buy Monero:)

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 04:39:30 PM

I bought in with the current hype at 0.0087 which is pretty typical, Bought almost 500 of them but im starting to panic a bit now.  Hopefully once it gets above that a bit i will just dump these and try and take a small amount of profit. Maybe it will go up in the future but its too risky atm with no sign of a gui or anything.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:42:00 PM

how the hell is anyone supposed to do any drug business with this type of price madness? they should've made the announcement and then waited a month before actually accepting it. then the pump would be over and they can get down to the serious business of getting people high.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 04:51:15 PM

I bought in with the current hype at 0.0087 which is pretty typical, Bought almost 500 of them but im starting to panic a bit now.  Hopefully once it gets above that a bit i will just dump these and try and take a small amount of profit. Maybe it will go up in the future but its too risky atm with no sign of a gui or anything.

Monero price is evolving inside a symmetrical triangle continuation pattern:

If you want to keep your position open just set your sell stop (you did place a sell stop right?) just below the low price defined by the triangle. Right now that would be sell stop at .0074. At some point in time price will break out of the triangle. If to the upside you win and your sell stop protects you if price breaks down.

mike77777

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:54:50 PM

xmr will return soon to it's proper place @ 0.0012
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 04:58:35 PM

If you want to keep your position open just set your sell stop (you did place a sell stop right?) just below the low price defined by the triangle. Right now that would be sell stop at .0074. At some point in time price will break out of the triangle. If to the upside you win and your sell stop protects you if price breaks down.

Ive not set a stop order yet, Im hoping it wont drop that low or else thats about .5btc down the drain if it does go as low as 0.0074. I bought initially while it was (or appeared)  to be still rising so didnt bother with any stop orders. I will probably be happy getting back my initial amount now =p . you win some you lose some i suppose.

Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:02:39 PM

[img]https://bitcoinnewsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/xmrbtc82416.png[img]

Ive not set a stop order yet, Im hoping it wont drop that low or else thats about .5btc down the drain if it does go as low as 0.0074. I bought initially while it was (or appeared)  to be still rising so didnt bother with any stop orders. I will probably be happy getting back my initial amount now =p . you win some you lose some i suppose.

I hope it does drop below 0.0074 hehe, so I can buy in

0.5 BTC is nothing

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
LiskKing

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:10:20 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 06:20:30 PM by LiskKing

Is any XMR holder speak ESPERANTO? - we shall all learn together ?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2016/08/23/alphabay-oasis-markets-begin-accepting-monero-payments/
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 07:10:52 PM

Need to make a correction: I would set a sell stop at .0073 if you are on the cautious side; if you are willing to take more risk use .0071. Within the next couple of weeks I think we will either see a new all time high or a sharp correction. If you see a sharp correction on heavy volume you should consider buying if you can handle the risk. On an hourly chart of XMR/BTC at Poloniex that would be volume of at least 50000. You want to be buying when others are selling hard so if we have a down day just follow the hourly chart and when volume hits 50000 consider buying. Hard to predict what the price would be at that time. Since the party started Fibonacci levels on an hourly chart give some suggested buy zones:

Remember you could always lose any money you invest in any crypto so buy at your own risk. I put up charts to help people understand how to use risk management when trading. If you trade always use a sell stop and have a profit objective. Don't use an exchange to park your bitcoin. If you are not trading get your bitcoin off the exchange and into your local wallet.

LiskKing

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 07:23:55 PM

How does this coin solve BTC scaling issue?  (blocksize>?)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 07:26:59 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 07:42:16 PM by Febo

How does this coin solve BTC scaling issue?  (blocksize>?)

Maybe this can help.  Lots of questions is answered on Monero Stack Exchange.
http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/405/how-many-transactions-per-second-can-the-monero-network-handle/431#431

Or more simple:
Monero has a currently working solution for main chain scaling by using adaptive blocksize limits and a tail emission.

Article from March 2016 why Monero is perfect hedge for BTC and is also mention how Monero dont have Bitcoins scaling issue.

http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/
LiskKing

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 07:42:31 PM

Thank you. This video has helped me as well

LTB E202 - Understanding Monero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6ftNOe0Io
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 08:14:12 PM

On an hourly chart of XMR/BTC at Poloniex that would be volume of at least 50000.

You mean here BTC?  50k BTC in one hour?

Made a typo should be 500k XMR in one hour sorry.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 08:38:17 PM

https://www.scribd.com/document/322004737/Bitfury-Shared-Send-Untangling-in-Bitcoin-20160821

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
cabron

Activity: 2870
Merit: 603

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 08:56:27 PM

Ain't this just a pump still just like how any coins can do? The graph on bittrex seem to have come down now. I does seem like users are already dumping it. Dark market don't matter to you if you are not in the shady business so this coin must really be for them only. 

Dafar
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:02:58 PM

Ain't this just a pump still just like how any coins can do? The graph on bittrex seem to have come down now. I does seem like users are already dumping it. Dark market don't matter to you if you are not in the shady business so this coin must really be for them only. 

bitcoin was around $100 when its primary use was in Silkroad

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:10:35 PM

Ain't this just a pump still just like how any coins can do?

pretty much. the dark market thing is a way better reason for a pump than the average alt though. it does make it almost unusable as an actual currency but I guess it'll settle down.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: