Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:19:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE RISE AND RISE OF MONERO  (Read 35376 times)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 06:48:29 AM

Lets go first with 100 millions $, then $10 a coin. After that we can go higher.
Both of those things already happened earlier today.
What's next?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 07:24:11 AM

Lets go first with 100 millions $, then $10 a coin. After that we can go higher.
What's next?

Stable 20-30 by year end possible
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:34:32 AM

What's next?

Litcoin marketcap.
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:52:41 AM

XMR went from $25M to close to roughly $130M market cap on a DNM announcement.
FCT has Department of Homeland Security and a Wall Street firm amongst their clients.

There's a mismatch with the demographic of crypto here and many investors put their idealism before money. The US government and Wall Street are easily in the top 5 of what most crypto people despise and for this reason it'll take some time to reach price discovery. The kind of revenue US government and Wall street can generate stomps any shady DNM.

twitter.com/erikledgers
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:40:26 AM

FCT has Department of Homeland Security and a Wall Street firm amongst their clients.

There's a mismatch with the demographic of crypto here and many investors put their idealism before money. The US government and Wall Street are easily in the top 5 of what most crypto people despise and for this reason it'll take some time to reach price discovery. The kind of revenue US government and Wall street can generate stomps any shady DNM.

I saw FCT value rose 5 times in last 2 months. So there is something on what you said.
Monero was just way undervalued. Reason was that there was lots other coins that tried to make it look bad and FUDed it. And there were Monero holders who did not want to pump or shill with sole reason to as long as possible buy cheap coins.

This on top of slower development compared to BTC clones and high emission in first 2 years. You got super cheap price in December 2015. Price just needed to settle on more normal ranges. No matter what would be the news.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:11:13 AM

We're closing in on that LTC market cap boys.
Let's see how much time it'll take for ETH post-1st Sept.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 11:27:44 AM

Not long at all, once FOMO sets in the stampede to the LTC exits begins.

There will be a slingshot effect as XMR passes LTC.

It already happened once, as XMR hurled past Dash's market cap and is now 50% above it.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
xmrlove

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 01:21:18 PM

XMR dev update Ethereum Contracts on XMR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVlQE-ObEXk   (ethereum style smart contracts talk for XMR at 25min in)
wowanstrong

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:10:20 PM

Just several days left. market cap is really huge.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:31:22 PM

Shouldn't this be the Rise and FALL of Monero?

There is no continued rise, the dump will happen. At this moment we are all playing roulette on when it will all come down. The thing that is keeping the price up is the hype around DNM adoption.

Come Sept 1, when DNM Oasis and AlphaBay both starting using XMR... if for some reason we low volume or lower than expected usage I can see the price come tumbling down. But from now to Sept 1st everyone is riding the hype train and it is much harder to manipulate the price down. 

Of course long term I'm bullish, and I think 0.02 will happen... but I'm a little worried about the first week of Sept. Too much hype always leads to some form of disappointment

What's next?

0.02 sounds like a no brainer to me, especially relative to the market caps of LTC and ETH. Then $500M market cap

M i rite guys?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
xmrlove

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:16:48 PM

Shouldn't this be the Rise and FALL of Monero?

There is no continued rise, the dump will happen. At this moment we are all playing roulette on when it will all come down. The thing that is keeping the price up is the hype around DNM adoption.

Come Sept 1, when DNM Oasis and AlphaBay both starting using XMR... if for some reason we low volume or lower than expected usage I can see the price come tumbling down. But from now to Sept 1st everyone is riding the hype train and it is much harder to manipulate the price down.  

Of course long term I'm bullish, and I think 0.02 will happen... but I'm a little worried about the first week of Sept. Too much hype always leads to some form of disappointment

What's next?

0.02 sounds like a no brainer to me, especially relative to the market caps of LTC and ETH. Then $500M market cap

M i rite guys?

XMR is already in USE on the darknet...the second phase of implementation begins on the 1st of SEPT.

XMR SEPTEMBER SCHEDULE:

1. HARDFORK UPDATE!
2. CODE FREEZE + RINGCT UPDATE
3. MORE DARKNET MARKETS ADDING XMR!
4. MORE EXCHANGES ADDING XMR!
5. MULTI SIG COMING TO XMR *OCTOBER ISH

Development Goals

Research Goals

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 12:34:26 AM

What's next?

Next thing to happen is actual use in dark markets - that starts Sept 1. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4z0zih/official_alphabay_dnm_to_accept_xmr_from/

After that, Ring CT gets introduced in the next version of Monero so maybe 6 months?

After that, an easy to use GUI.

Price will continue to increase as knowledge becomes more widespread.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:42:34 AM

Ain't this just a pump still just like how any coins can do? The graph on bittrex seem to have come down now. I does seem like users are already dumping it. Dark market don't matter to you if you are not in the shady business so this coin must really be for them only.  

bitcoin was around $100 when its primary use was in Silkroad

Bitcoin went from $1 to $31 in the first few months of Silkroad.
Feb2011.

Then it fell to $2 so...

Honestly at this point, it really kind of depends if you truly believe in Monero... because I mean as of right now, it's around the $8-9 range.  I wouldn't dare to play with putting a large portion of money in if you were planning on day trading, because whales are in abundance in this market now.  Price swings in either direction will make you emotional (either exuberant or pissed) and you will get out real quick if you are thinking in those terms.  It's either going to go one way or another, it will be platinum to Bitcoins Gold or it will be a bust. Just remember to invest with what you can afford to lose, and if it were me, I would just keep it in cold storage for 3-5 years and see what happens then.

dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:12:55 AM

Monero is about to start crashing very hard people. Lots and lots of people will loose fortunes and for a lucky few some will make them.
I'm out for now but watching from the sidelines.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:16:08 AM

Ain't this just a pump still just like how any coins can do? The graph on bittrex seem to have come down now. I does seem like users are already dumping it. Dark market don't matter to you if you are not in the shady business so this coin must really be for them only.  

Feb2011.

Then it fell to $2 so...

Honestly at this point, it really kind of depends if you truly believe in Monero... because I mean as of right now, it's around the $8-9 range.  I wouldn't dare to play with putting a large portion of money in if you were planning on day trading, because whales are in abundance in this market now.  Price swings in either direction will make you emotional (either exuberant or pissed) and you will get out real quick if you are thinking in those terms.  It's either going to go one way or another, it will be platinum to Bitcoins Gold or it will be a bust. Just remember to invest with what you can afford to lose, and if it were me, I would just keep it in cold storage for 3-5 years and see what happens then.

Think about this fictional scenario. Someone bought with all his money at $10 because he really believes in a cryptocoin. Then the price goes down to $1 but still is holding because he is a true believer. It stays there for 5 years and there is no sign that it will go up and now he is in debt. Would you believe that he is still a true believer? I speculate that that person is now trolling bitcointalk for a living. Cheesy

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:19:23 AM

I addressed this same comment in another thread.  In a competitive environment, FCT will race to the bottom of near zero profit margins.  In contrast, Monero has a natural monopoly as the reference currency of a growing economy.  I don't think the U.S. government is so easily corrupted as to prefer the interests of factom holders to those of the tax-payers.  Certainly fintech startups will reach for anything in their desperation.  It's not like "Wall street" is referring to a bank consortium or something.  In fact the FX majors have their own settlement chain in development.  Players small enough to resort to factom are too small to have a significant value-add, unless they come up with some proprietary innovation.  I am not seeing it.

Monero derives its utility from fungibility and scarcity.  Factom derives its utility from uniqueness.  The two are radically different, and serve radically different markets.  Comparing them on mcap is a category error.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:21:31 AM

Personally I think support for Monero in bitwa.la is huge news, and will have a substantial long-term impact of the growth of the above-ground economy, as well as on the utility of the currency to all users.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
dania1990

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:22:17 AM

dump XMR, buy SLING
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 08:58:44 AM

Feb2011.

Then it fell to $2 so...

Think about this fictional scenario. Someone bought with all his money at $10 because he really believes in a cryptocoin. Then the price goes down to $1 but still is holding because he is a true believer. It stays there for 5 years and there is no sign that it will go up and now he is in debt. Would you believe that he is still a true believer? I speculate that that person is now trolling bitcointalk for a living. Cheesy

Many bought Monero in mid 2014 at $3. Then Monero went even to $0.25. And they were 2 years in reds.  I am sure some sold. But some hold and stay in since they knew what they are holding. It does not matter how much Monero is worth. You hold 1 Monero.
axxo

Activity: 916
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 10:17:11 AM

dump XMR, buy SLING

Forget about SLING you should buy XMR instead.

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀