Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:09:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:52:33 PM

The only thing I want to know is how you did not know a month ago (at the beginning of ICO) that something which takes 6 months to code was not going to be ready in a month.

Focus was shifted from having a fully implemented Argon2d GPU miner to a workable GPU solution that is fair to all parties. It was a simple error in judgement, when you are very close to your goals you want to go for it. During coding it became apparent that certain elemenst regarding fast verify were missing. As MCDev pointed out, to prevent a too narrowed vision some triggers should've been implemented to initiate alternative scenario's. What has happened will be discussed once we are in a more calmer stage of development.

Right now we are testing as mentioned earlier. So far so good. I guess there will be an update after a good night's rest.
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:59:53 PM

Argon2d CPU mining has begun on the test network.

dDNS has an issue to rectify and Stormnode payments need a change and test.

The development team are working around the clock and are ensuring the software works and that peoples investments are protected.

The same as Silk(SLK) and its launch, DarkSilk will have 10000 blocks at the beginning of the chain that give no block reward (0DSLK).

This gives Silk Network the time to setup dnsseeders, full nodes, add checkpoints, forward the code to bittrex and have a secured network.

At the point the above is done, the codebase will be released publicly.

nice!
Any exchange to list it after launch? Roll Eyes i will make my node, but i need to pay my bills too  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
gormae

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 11:15:13 PM

Am I correct to assume that darksilk won't be called darksilk upon release? Branding still moving forward?
PrometheusX

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 11:32:39 PM

The only thing I want to know is how you did not know a month ago (at the beginning of ICO) that something which takes 6 months to code was not going to be ready in a month.

Focus was shifted from having a fully implemented Argon2d GPU miner to a workable GPU solution that is fair to all parties. It was a simple error in judgement, when you are very close to your goals you want to go for it. During coding it became apparent that certain elemenst regarding fast verify were missing. As MCDev pointed out, to prevent a too narrowed vision some triggers should've been implemented to initiate alternative scenario's. What has happened will be discussed once we are in a more calmer stage of development.

Right now we are testing as mentioned earlier. So far so good. I guess there will be an update after a good night's rest.

I also can confirm that tests are currently running
And what i have seen is very nice

Argon2d CPU mining has begun on the test network.

dDNS has an issue to rectify and Stormnode payments need a change and test.

The development team are working around the clock and are ensuring the software works and that peoples investments are protected.

The same as Silk(SLK) and its launch, DarkSilk will have 10000 blocks at the beginning of the chain that give no block reward (0DSLK).

This gives Silk Network the time to setup dnsseeders, full nodes, add checkpoints, forward the code to bittrex and have a secured network.

At the point the above is done, the codebase will be released publicly.

nice!
Any exchange to list it after launch? Roll Eyes i will make my node, but i need to pay my bills too  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Exchange will be at Bittrex

SLK - SYZU8arw9LSxDtM7shm2S23WrD5WSbGbB9
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 01:59:52 AM

while some of you guys will help decide the fate of your country
I decided to relax

It has some interesting information
Enjoy

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 05:08:26 AM

6 months to code?

The team has been working on this project for 2 years.

Development of software causes new issues as functions are added/changed, not to mention test time.

Like ALL development, hurdles are hit and they must be overcome.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 05:09:14 AM

Am I correct to assume that darksilk won't be called darksilk upon release? Branding still moving forward?

You are incorrect. DarkSilk will launch as DarkSilk.

The rebranding will happen across the board simultaneously.

Paperwork and the announcement of everything will happen well before any rebranding of wallets happen.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 07:32:35 AM

while some of you guys will help decide the fate of your country
I decided to relax

snip

It has some interesting information
Enjoy

Thanks ttoroie that's really the only thing I need to do right now! Watch it while the chaos begins after Trump is going to be appointed as the new US president......
escapee

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 07:54:11 AM

is there any plan to be added to another exchanges?
I'm wodering about that.
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 08:34:20 AM

6 months to code?

The team has been working on this project for 2 years.

Development of software causes new issues as functions are added/changed, not to mention test time.

Like ALL development, hurdles are hit and they must be overcome.
Argon2d has no fast-verify code and it will take between 3-6 months to get it implemented as we need to write it from scratch.

Here is where he didnt say 2-3 months, said 3-6 months..

In either case where a project was supposed to be released a month after the ico, one might think that this issue of writing this from scratch, and the non-existance of fast-verify would have been known long before we opened our wallets up.  

This project promised transparency, accountibility, a sense of community, and a team of dedicated developers to release a asset backed security by todays date.   ANY question relating to the interests of the ico holders should be answered in a timely fashion, especially in times of failure, or witholding key information that would negatively affect the securities you sell at the weaver.  

You cannot have one foot into corporate and one foot out into crypto..  either both feet in or stay decentralized kids so accountibility is important here.. if it wasn't me and many others would not have invested into athe silk network ltd. Public offering via the weaver.

As funds were held in escrow until release (as i read) this should not be an issue in refunding investments. I couod see a week or two or a month even, but well into next year with no certain date,  with a team falling apart, and an unknown name or title for the project, in the midst of a corporate dissolution and new incorporation... is completely and absolutely unacceptable.   You guys stepped up to the big boys plate, so please act like adults and the crypto geniuses you claim to be, both in coding and business.  Would be appreciated.  
   Good luck on the home stretch and take these words into serious consideration.

Dontigua we were having an ICO on the development of a crypto token based system that behaves like: 1 a currency, 2 an asset. Yet they remain crypto-tokens.

The team is not falling apart, we are only dealing with blowback due to a sudden delay in release. Please refrain from being the cause of a problem that doesnt really exist.

As i said. Tokens.

You knew at the start of the ICO it wouldn't be ready. That's all I'm saying.

I still have faith, but communication and transparency is KEY.
SilkNetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 04:26:24 PM

Silk Network Rebranding Official Statement - 9th November 2016

DarkSilk will change to Dynamic(DYN), Stormnodes will be rebranding to Dynodes and Sandstorm will be branded as PrivateSend, along with InstantX staying as it is.

Silk will change to Sequence(SEQ) with Masternodes being brought into the codebase branded as Seqnodes.

Weaver will be simply called Duality and act as the main online portal.

Silk Network is rebranding to the name Duality and the company Silk Network Ltd will pass control of the project to Duality Blockchain Solutions Ltd.

These changes will not happen until after the launch of DarkSilk and not for a few months at least. If you have any questions after reading the whitepaper, please come to Slack where we will be happy to assist and answer as many questions as possible.

Duality Blockchain Solutions Whitepaper:

http://www.slideshare.net/SpencerLievens/duality-blockchain-solutions-whitepaper

Invite Link to Slack:

https://dualitychat.herokuapp.com/
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 05:19:48 PM

DarkSilk will change to Dynamic(DYN), Stormnodes will be rebranding to Dynodes and Sandstorm will be branded as PrivateSend, along with InstantX staying as it is.

Silk will change to Sequence(SEQ) with Masternodes being brought into the codebase branded as Seqnodes.

Silk Network is rebranding to the name Duality and the company Silk Network Ltd will pass control of the project to Duality Blockchain Solutions Ltd.

These changes will not happen until after the launch of DarkSilk and not for a few months at least. If you have any questions after reading the whitepaper, please come to Slack where we will be happy to assist and answer as many questions as possible.

http://www.slideshare.net/SpencerLievens/duality-blockchain-solutions-whitepaper

Invite Link to Slack:

Boom!  You hear that?...  Thunder...  Cryptoworld doesn't know what just happened...  I don't have words!

drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 06:49:36 PM

https://youtu.be/J4NAV9tipVw

was posted in the duallity telegram group: https://telegram.me/dualitychat

Patient identification solutions is a massive problem in the United States. If duality can solve this issue. This could be huge. Looking forward to seeing the development move forward.

Yea I don't think anyone has processed this yet...  HUGE!!!

OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 07:09:14 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2016, 12:45:22 PM by OrsonJ

Invite Link to Slack:

Boom!  You hear that?...  Thunder...  Cryptoworld doesn't know what just happened...  I don't have words!

Very nice, I especially like Duality. Is anyone else having problems accessing the whitepaper via that link? Any chance you could stick a copy on the silk network site?

Edit: Link working now.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Rav3n85

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 07:26:04 PM

I dont get this, how come duality?
Karartma1
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 07:37:05 PM

R.I.P. Silk Network

Long Live to the Duality Blockchain Solutions Ltd.

There's not much else to say.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 11:06:25 PM

R.I.P. Silk Network

Long Live to the Duality Blockchain Solutions Ltd.

There's not much else to say.

i  like how that sounds heehee, and i admit i voted against the rebranding.  

I liked the SLK name for its association, even tho it wasn't really associated at all with the Silkroad in China or the one run by Mr "wholly shit they gave him LIFE"
i liked it for its example of free market in the hands of the people by the people, and one of the first mass uses of BTC for a real market, albeit a pretty dark one, but hey guns don't kill people, people do. BTC is a tool, how we use it is up to us.

But SLK is/was different on BCT, it's a project that has come a long way (the whole story is in this thread if one reads it all), and there's no doubt that this false Silkroad Association can greatly limit the business and marketing potential of this project as a it moves forward and evolves. With it, to support the project, we ALL must evolve with it.
Speaking with someone involved with SLK a long time made me see the DRIVE and PASSION the people who support this have for it's future.
And so i must get on the bus, i must evolve my approach to the project as it is evolving as well. And i will.

I don't think i will be disappointed.   Smiley

you guys take the time you need, those 6 line updates go a long way, i know this will launch in time and we will all forget our impatience ;p

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
NotMyFarm

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 01:19:39 AM

Invite Link to Slack:

Boom!  You hear that?...  Thunder...  Cryptoworld doesn't know what just happened...  I don't have words!

Very nice, I especially like Duality. Is anyone else having problems accessing the whitepaper via that link? Any chance you could stick a copy on the silk network site?

good post - great news
but
as you are rebradning everything i would do the same with InstantX and PrivateSend
those are Dash terms and i would definately use different names to be seperated from other projects !!

ParmaBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 01:46:14 AM

Invite Link to Slack:

good post - great news
but
as you are rebradning everything i would do the same with InstantX and PrivateSend
those are Dash terms and i would definately use different names to be seperated from other projects !!

This is what i was waiting to read before deciding what to do with DSLK invested fund. Now i know i can wait a little bit more the launch of the project. Duality is great i like it. I will join the slack chat very soon.
Karartma1
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 06:08:42 PM

I would like to ask if someone has more than two connections in the SLK wallet. If so can someone please post more nodes?
I'm currently using ttoroie's list from one month ago but since then lots of nodes disappeared.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: