Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:20:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: First BFL ASIC!  (Read 58260 times)
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:42:01 AM

Well the money has already been stolen, so it's all over but the crying.  And the scammer tag.  

If you are disgusted by coinjedi /  betsofbitco.in 's actions, please post in the relevant scam accusation thread.
Bitcoinassasin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:42:14 AM

Little Single was advertised as 30 Gh/s. 75% of 30 is 22.5.

Yes, the little single was advertised with 30Gh/s. But if you are one of the first customers, there was no little single at this point in time.

Well, we will see if BFL shipping the products. Within this month we should see several reports of delivered SC products. My assumption is that we will not see lots of shipped BFL SCs this month!

Next thing we will have to watch closely is, if BFL is paying their 1000BTC charity donation.

If they do not deliver this month or if they do not pay the charity donation they clearly deserve the scammer tag.

I have no vested coin with BFL but if they make that charity payment, it would be the preorder customers paying. Would be a freckle on their wallets ass at this point. Thus the one benefit of the draw.
But, I in no way do I agree with Bob, make a fckn decision or gtfo of the betting game. The outcome of this bet was obvious.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:43:39 AM

They are, after all, shipping now.  So it shouldn't be long.

Are you really sure they are shipping now? I'm one of the early customers (day 3) and I bet I will not see my BFL product this month!

Luke-Jr says they're shipping, and Luke-Jr says he doesn't lie.

good point.   now we have josh and luke-jr's word on this.   I just wish sonny would weigh in.

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:46:00 AM

Luke-Jr just replied to the scam-accusation thread [ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=165500.0 ] with this:

I think this accusation is too ridiculous to spend time typing up a defense (it's obviously bogus), but if any moderator is taking it seriously for any reason feel free to contact me.

Apparently Luke-Jr has recently become a hardcore BFL shill.  by his words above he feels this accusation is "too ridiculous" to defend.  Do you think all of these people are crazy Luke?  At the very least it seems any rational thinker would have to find grounds for scammer discussion:

Nothing was moved, nothing was shipped. picking one board on the test bench, taking a picture of it, and saying "that one belongs to some other guy, we shipped!" is retarded.

"Butterfly Labs will not ship ASIC-based Bitforce SC products before April 2013"

A prototype sitting on a bench at BFL does not qualify as "shipped", no matter how much you fondled it.

This is all we need to know. BFL has shipped nothing yet. No Easter Shipping Miracle was performed.

They have a working prototype that Luke-Jr has access to and is helping with software development.

Josh claiming on BFL chat last night that they shipped just seemed really disingenuous and slimy. Par for the course as far as Josh goes I suppose.

Grats and great job BFL!!

However for my 2 cents, the bet's outcome should be true.  "Shipped" I think is the keyword here.  I don't think anyone would agree that BFL has 'shipped' - sorry to those who might get mad at the outcome of this bet but hey, you can just mine back your losses right?  Tongue

Disclosure: I did not bet on this

BFL doesn't have a working device.

I guess you have two options.

1.  pay the obvious winners

2.  pay the losers or cancel the bet, thus destroying the credibility your business relies upon

What a dilemma.

(no, I don't have any stake in the outcome of this bet.  it does bother me to see people try and weasel out of debts though.)

Butterfly Labs will not ship ASIC-based Bitforce SC products before April 2013 - This is the title.  It is quite specific.  If bettors don't accept that this claim was the understanding of the bet, then those people are plainly trying to tell untruths.  Even comparisons from the representative of the company (BFL) was to how the shipments of Batch #1 of Avalon were handled.  By invoking that, you are implicitly implying that shipping the product to a customer is what the bet is about.   What more do you really need?  Any disagreement on these facts are just wrong.  I am sorry to say it but it is true.  

Am I wrong on this?

Isn't the intent more important than the technical wording?  Please think about the previous statement before just responding.  Didn't the people betting that this would not happen, go into it thinking that?  I can't really see how that was not the case.  This is my argument.  

Disclosure:
I did not bet on this claim

Ok, people know I am a BFL supporter and have a bet against Micon as to when they will ship, etc.  But I'll say that I can't see any way in which BFL shipped a device before April 1, or any way that this bets of bitcoin bet could conclude otherwise.

Even if you use the technical wording of the bet and do not include the text of the title as being part of the requirement (which I certainly would), some conditions of the bet were not met.

Now, where I disagree with Micon is that coinjedi is in the wrong here.  I think it is absolutely prudent and necessary to take time and gather all the facts before making a final decision involving tens of thousands of dollars (this is a several hundred BTC bet, is it not?).  So, I applaud coinjedi for not rushing to a decision in the event of a close call, which this certainly is.  On the surface, it seems obvious to most people what the outcome should be, but because there is disagreement, coinjedi is right to take his time in deciding the proper result of the bet.

If he somehow concludes that BFL DID ship a unit before April 1st, then and only then would I lose faith in betsofbitco.in.

I have a 50 coin bet w/SgtSpike, he is pro-BFL.  He is also a gentleman bettor.  This is obvious to us

There's nothing to debate about. You must consider all of the text of the contract. The title is part of the contract. You cannot ignore it. The title says "shipped", and BFL didn't "ship" anything. Case closed.

I can't believe this is actually being debated.

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 2h
* Chips count per device may change, depending on results this week

Unofficial BFL News ‏@BFL_News 2h
* New boards testing this week.  (...)  I'd guess shipping next week.

Seems to me that it fails here: "shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee."

There were NO PHOTOs of the device they are selling.  There was a photo of a test board.   I believe if you go to their website you can see the fancy boxes they are packing the guts in.  I do NOT see any photos of the thing that "luke jr" (no Josh Zerlan according to the photo info) took pictures of.   Can you send me to the place on the website where I can buy that "thing"?

"and report its hashrate."

Was the hashrate reported? Does single picture of setup with this info on screen count as report?

It's quite hard to say what are the exact terms and was the statement true even if conditions are barely met.

At the least community will learn to word these bets better.

vote: NOT SHIPPED

The credibility of the information provided is tainted. The decision should be pretty clear cut.

I don't have any stake in any of these bets, but am confused how the obvious decision hasn't been made yet.
BFL lost, and i suggest next time make the terms more clear to avoid this from happening again.

Ignoring the title, let's work with the conditionals for a moment and break them down:

• Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee.

"at least one BFL customer" - Condition Met
"with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date" - Condition Met
"shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum" - Condition Not Met --- Did Luke take the pictures and post them or did Josh? To that end, which forum is this condition referring to? How much detail is "enough" detail? Does the "device" have to be of consumer quality [not a test board, but one that could be shipped to a customer]?
"including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate." - Condition Met
"This customer cannot be a BFL employee." - Condition Met

My vote is this is an engineering sample.  This is not "shipped" to customer.  "Shipped" indicates a full working unit in the customers hands at the customer premesis.  Clearly this is not.

"at least one BFL customer" - debatable as this occured at BFL's location, the device is not actually with the customer
"with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date" - OK
"shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum" - OK
"including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate." - OK
"This customer cannot be a BFL employee." - debatable at this point

As for 75% of advertised hashrate, the answer is NO.

"Advertised" was 60Ghash.  Just because they revised it to 30GH at the last second doesn't meet the definition when the bets were placed.  23GH is 76% of 30GH.

GRASPING.  AT.  STRAWS.

Not only did the ASIC not leave the BFL lab, so was never shipped anywhere

but also this..

This customer cannot be a BFL employee.

Luke Jr was flown in on BLFs dollar to code their software so is an employee!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/luke-jr/97-preparing-my-trip-bfl.html

How many other "customers" where flown in at BFL's expense?

Pictures were not posted until April.  Bet outcome should be true.

Very disappointed to see this after BoB specially solicited feedback, and the feedback being pretty much overwhelmingly in support of the true outcome.

What, did it have to be unanimous?  What was the point?

Code:
One of your bets at Bets of Bitcoin has been decided as a draw and refunded. Details are below:
Statement: Butterfly Labs will not ship ASIC-based Bitforce SC products before April 2013
Link: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=701
Your side: Agree
Your bet amount: 0.25

Bets of Bitcoin
http://betsofbitco.in
bye betsofbitco.in

It is very clear that the conditions are not met --

This bet concerns the 3 Butterfly Labs Bitforce SC products announced here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87934.msg966886#msg966886

That message refers to a press release here:
http://news.yahoo.com/butterfly-labs-announces-next-generation-asic-lineup-054626776.html

Containing:
"2)    BitForce SC Single: a standalone unit providing roughly 40 GH/s, priced at $1,299"

The second condition of the bet:
• The device must achieve at least 75% of its advertised hashrate.

40 * .75 = 30.  That rate was not met.

I'm so pissed at betsofbitco.in right now.

They owe me THOUSANDS of dollars from that bet.

BULLSHITBULLSHITBULLSHIT

bestofbitco.in, you are now on the same level as BFL

Scammer Tags!

Ohhh BFL, the ripples you create humor me.
Ohhh, Betsofbitco.in, how you have suprised me.
Thought the answer to this was an obvious one.

I'd refuse to use that service considering the shaky and dubious evidence to support that it was even SHIPPED! It is not in the consumers hand what gives. Obviously there is some conflict of interest here. Sad to see people WELCH on a bet like this and goes to the ethics of Betsofbitco.in., Luke and BFL. Sad indeed.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:48:53 AM

How early?   Josh said they can ship 500 a day, no, then he confirmed 300 a day.   surely you have received the unit they shipped by now just like Luke?

If they ship 300 singles a day, they should ship my order on the first day. No, I did not receive my single and I did not receive any communication from BFL. I'm quite sure that I will not receive my BFL miner this month.
ziomik
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009

SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:50:06 AM

that stupid ... The bet was won ... This was a pretty fucked up.
I do not know who is responsible, but surely I stopped using the service.
Do not mess around here. Fuck http://betsofbitco.in/ and its website. Bye bye !

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=701

Your side: Agree
Your bet amount: 1.00

DOMINI IN VENDITA/NOLEGGIO
bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com

Contattatemi pure per info.
---- +++ ----
"Se domani senti due massaie che parlano di bitcoin tra di loro dal macellaio, forse e' il momento di vendere.. se pero' le sentirai fra 10 anni forse staranno solo pagando il conto" GBianchi
---- +++ ----
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:51:36 AM

a fucking draw?! wow...thats sad. its simple, BFL hasnt shipped a fully working ASIC @ advertised specs according to the original bet. What a messed up site.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:51:48 AM

How early?   Josh said they can ship 500 a day, no, then he confirmed 300 a day.   surely you have received the unit they shipped by now just like Luke?

If they ship 300 singles a day, they should ship my order on the first day. No, I did not receive my single and I did not receive any communication from BFL. I'm quite sure that I will not receive my BFL miner this month.

You MUST be mistaken because we have both Josh's and Luke-Jr's word that they are "shipping".   Perhaps you can ask luke to check and see if your units are hanging out beside his revised order unit on the test bench and you just do not understand what shipped means.   OR as Josh would say, you effing customers are too effing stupid to know what the eff shipped means so go eff yourself and by the way since we "shipped" Jr's unit, we have received thousands of new suckers customers orders.....

ziomik
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009

SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 05:56:53 AM

It does not seem difficult to understand that BFL has not shipped anything and that the power was less than the stated amount. But that shit is this? Crazy.
Someone had to lose interest in the bet. It 'obvious.
Do you know if the decision of the site or the person who created the bet?

DOMINI IN VENDITA/NOLEGGIO
bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com

Contattatemi pure per info.
---- +++ ----
"Se domani senti due massaie che parlano di bitcoin tra di loro dal macellaio, forse e' il momento di vendere.. se pero' le sentirai fra 10 anni forse staranno solo pagando il conto" GBianchi
---- +++ ----
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:01:47 AM

Somebody deleted a post somewhere before 381.
Nancarrow

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:24:43 AM

good point.   now we have josh and luke-jr's word on this.   I just wish sonny would weigh in.

Hah!  Grin That is one nicely done burn.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:58:21 AM

wtf a draw? are you serious?
AndyRossy

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:02:45 AM

can we propose a scammer tag for coinjedi? His website clearly stated if they ship?

peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:24:50 AM

I must say shameful actions by all 3 conspirators. Congratulations on keeping bitcoin down.
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 08:01:40 AM

Shame on bitsofbetcoin!

This is ridiculous.

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:05:55 AM

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 08:33:08 AM

can we propose a scammer tag for coinjedi? His website clearly stated if they ship?

please, +1 the scammer thread everyone.  Show coinjedi and theymos how scammy you think this is.  The more individuals that +1 it the louder it becomes.

nathanrees19 already downplayed the scammer thread, saying a draw isn't that bad.

to me, it's nothing short of stealing.  How do the rest of you feel about it?  I'm "betting" nathanrees19, the long time BFL shill, is once again in the minority on this point.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:50:54 AM

I'm "betting" nathanrees19, the long time BFL shill, is once again in the minority on this point.

I don't see your point. The non-religious are a minority in the US yet they're the only ones holding an intellectually valid position.
Nancarrow

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:16:07 AM

nathanrees19 already downplayed the scammer thread, saying a draw isn't that bad.

to me, it's nothing short of stealing.  How do the rest of you feel about it?  I'm "betting" nathanrees19, the long time BFL shill, is once again in the minority on this point.

I've already stated my position earlier in the thread - namely, whilst I stood to win on that bet like everyone else who thinks BFL is incompetent, I'm not getting the pitchfork out for BoB's decision. I'd have preferred a win, but for me a draw is acceptable given the fuzzy aspects of the bet and the shady way the content and circumstances of the OP make it (IMHO) a borderline case.

It's not stealing. Everyone who put money in has got their money back. If you bet 15BTC and were expecting (say) 16BTC, the 1BTC has not been stolen. It isn't in BoB's pocket, it's back where it started before the bet. One thing is, if BoB didn't refund the charge to whoever authored the bet, that's bad and they should definitely do that.

I guess it all depends how much of a gambling problem you have.  Tongue

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:00:41 AM

It says enough when all you have is ad hominem and no logical arguments.
I'm not voting on the BoB debacle, but I just have to quote that comment from the scum bag who doesn't back up his regular accusations.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: