Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:47:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662502 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
orion1424

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:25:21 PM

I do not doubt the intention of the developers and the potential of the XZC. But the start-up of the pool was and remains a disaster. What was the testnet period then?.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:57:49 PM

Cpu mining?

An i7-6700k does 0.85 Mh/s and the difficulty is 2088. That comes down to 0.32 coins per day if I'm not mistaken.

It's awful to mine even with GPUs.

In fact, that is great news, as it means the coin is undervalued, and the price should jump up soon. If mining were cheap, miners would just dump on the market. While at the current situation, miners will not sell cheap, this is to the benefit of all us Smiley

there is something called fixed supply, it doesn't matter how many miners there are the same amount of coin will be produced, therefore unless you are talking about hype, the coin will not get any pump

Nope, I am not talking about hype. The thing is - to produce that same "fixed supply", now more electricity is being spent. So this makes the coin more expensive for all of the miners. Hence this should reflect on the coin price.
Or, alternatively, the hashrate will drop soon, and diff will go down. This is actually very likely scenario. But if it doesn't happen, price will jump.

Most miners sell off coins for peas instead of holding for speculative increase and many of them won't even bother calculating their future profit; they just mine and get surpised and angry if they don't like the results.
So most likely the diff will go down, instead of the price going up.

I think the new algo is profittable only for farm and not for little miner

When is that not true? Your earnings are tied to how much you invest on a farm.

Not your keys, not your coins!
kiranrh

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:08:29 PM

Since last 2hours 1 share accepted..  Shocked

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 04:10:13 PM

Since last 2hours 1 share accepted..  Shocked

Use low diff port (1599)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:56:59 PM

And private gpu farms win again.  Djm released a unoptimized gpu miner,  and optimized ones to private farms. Big guys win again.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 04:59:35 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 05:36:50 PM by felixbrucker

Try

sgminer -k lyra2z -o stratum+tcp://xzc.suprnova.cc:1596 -u USERNAME.x -p x -I 18

i have added the intensity setting, but it still crashes (error is -11 not -1, sorry)

What AMD drivers are you using?

You sure you aren't mining something when you run sgminer? It works on all my rigs just the speeds suck.

i was using 16.7.3 and i wasnt mining anything else at that time, it was tested on win7 x64

edit: also 16.12.2 not working, too
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 05:15:31 PM

how do i set up the cpu miner download. will there be wiki for linux like the first one

ok im gone to assume the dependencies are the same and i just need to delete the old cpuminer file and use the new git clone and follow the same instructions ?
bump

check out their slack, many  miners there ! https://zcoinofficial.slack.com/messages/mining/ the dependices ARE the same tho yes i believe
thank you will give it a whirl tonight
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 05:21:57 PM

And private gpu farms win again.  Djm released a unoptimized gpu miner,  and optimized ones to private farms. Big guys win again.
blablabla... I started to work on that a week ago (with the final parameter), 2 miners 2 releases so you get what you get (and if you are unhappy Wolf is selling his version.)
For the time I had, I am still happy with what I did, if you're not... guess who don't care Cheesy

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:29:20 PM

Cpu mining?

An i7-6700k does 0.85 Mh/s and the difficulty is 2088. That comes down to 0.32 coins per day if I'm not mistaken.

In fact, that is great news, as it means the coin is undervalued, and the price should jump up soon. If mining were cheap, miners would just dump on the market. While at the current situation, miners will not sell cheap, this is to the benefit of all us Smiley

there is something called fixed supply, it doesn't matter how many miners there are the same amount of coin will be produced, therefore unless you are talking about hype, the coin will not get any pump

Nope, I am not talking about hype. The thing is - to produce that same "fixed supply", now more electricity is being spent. So this makes the coin more expensive for all of the miners. Hence this should reflect on the coin price.
Or, alternatively, the hashrate will drop soon, and diff will go down. This is actually very likely scenario. But if it doesn't happen, price will jump.

Miners DO NOT determine market value. In no way, shape, or form. The market is generally free floating from mining with the exception of really small coins in which the emission rate effectively tanks the market.

See this all the time. It's actually pretty silly that people assume that mining has any sort of intrinsic value outside of securing the blockchain for investors. The coin will function with a gajillion miners or just one. Only people we're fighting against are eachother.

Thanks for regurgitating what you've heard while missing all the key points Amph. Can always count on you.

And private gpu farms win again.  Djm released a unoptimized gpu miner,  and optimized ones to private farms. Big guys win again.

I was actually thinking the other thing the other night while I was getting things ready... looked at GPU power usage and went 'yup, there are going to be a lot of private miners'. All else being equal, at the very least hashing power on a 1070 can be doubled without doing much of anything simply based on the power numbers I'm seeing. We've already seen this with Zcash. Probably a lot more then that.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 05:36:18 PM

Cpu mining?

Miners DO NOT determine market value. In no way, shape, or form. The market is generally free floating from mining with the exception of really small coins in which the emission rate effectively tanks the market.

See this all the time. It's actually pretty silly that people assume that mining has any sort of intrinsic value outside of securing the blockchain for investors. The coin will function with a gajillion miners or just one. Only people we're fighting against are eachother.

Thanks for regurgitating what you've heard while missing all the key points Amph. Can always count on you.

And private gpu farms win again.  Djm released a unoptimized gpu miner,  and optimized ones to private farms. Big guys win again.

I was actually thinking the other thing the other night while I was getting things ready... looked at GPU power usage and went 'yup, there are going to be a lot of private miners'. All else being equal, at the very least hashing power on a 1070 can be doubled without doing much of anything simply based on the power numbers I'm seeing. We've already seen this with Zcash. Probably a lot more then that.
yup it can be doubled by just looking at it... so start staring at your gpu, you never know it might work

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
zjwencn2014

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:49:37 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 06:17:15 PM by zjwencn2014

dev,

because time ? startup time and last block time ? win7 .

2.0 wallet .

empty wallet can sync .

not empty cannot sync , but can show coin quantity , why ? need to do ?

(sync finish at 20426,close wallet , then input backup wallet.bat ,  after cannot sync ,stop at 20426 block , but can show coin quantity and 6 connection )
goodminer

Activity: 120

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:53:04 PM

Hmm strange problem with sgminer...I have r7 370 card and It gives me about 130 khs, it gives me accepted shares, but all hw errors, nothing rejected and pool accepted this shares??!
Can someone give me working but file?
My drivers are 17.1.1...
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:09:51 PM

Cpu mining?

it's the other way around, the price don't follow the diff, it's the opposite the diff follow the price
kiranrh

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:12:36 PM

my Rx 480 gpu giving 200kh/s , and my cpu is giving 250kh/s .. Huh

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:30:44 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2017, 12:19:21 AM by drays

Not sure whom you are opposing to, Amph or me...

Anyway, while I see your point, one cannot deny miners affect the price, while surely they do not determine that. I have been observing that many times, though you are correct I was looking mostly on smaller coins. Its better to tell - miners strongly affect the price, with the exception of the most solid coins, where the demand is big enough to make miners dump unnoticeable.

I have looked at you other posts in other threads though, and can see you are often providing really great insight.

Most miners sell off coins for peas instead of holding for speculative increase and many of them won't even bother calculating their future profit; they just mine and get surpised and angry if they don't like the results.
Yes, unfortunately this is probably the thing I was missing. If most miners are like that, then they indeed are only good at securing the blockchain, nothing more.

... this space is not for rent ...
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 06:58:35 PM

yup it can be doubled by just looking at it... so start staring at your gpu, you never know it might work

im guessing djm34 has been around the world,
you know.. globally

my father wears sneakers in the pool
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 07:54:42 PM

im guessing djm34 has been around the world,
you know.. globally
wat ?

djm34 facebook page
losk22
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:20:47 PM

Horrible! Developers artificially increased the complexity of the production coin! And, like hamsters, We ate this deception! Developers somewhere running a private pool with an optimized algorithm and they get a huge portion of the coin! Compare the total hash of the network and the fact that the hash in all pools! Angry
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 08:46:18 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 09:18:53 PM by djm34

Horrible! Developers artificially increased the complexity of the production coin! And, like hamsters, We ate this deception! Developers somewhere running a private pool with an optimized algorithm and they get a huge portion of the coin! Compare the total hash of the network and the fact that the hash in all pools! Angry
and the earth is flat... yes we know
(at last a conspiracy theory  Grin wait here while I grab popcorn, popcorn feels so much better than deception  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:46:56 PM

Cpu mining?

it's the other way around, the price don't follow the diff, it's the opposite the diff follow the price

Almost. The diff follows the nethash. Price follows simple supply and demand. If diff doesn't work right it
affects supply and indirectly affects price.

It's only when you calculate mining profitability that price has an effect, and only applies if you exchange
to your currency of comparison.

About last night...

It backfired, plain and simple. So may things went wrong.  People are complaining to DJM34 about the poor
AMD performance. He was not hired to rewrite lyra2 from scratch or optimize it, just implement zcoin. It wasn't his
fault he started from an ancient base with poor performance on exiting lyra2 algos, The zcoin devs should have
known that AMD wasn't going to be competitive because it wasn't competive before.

For Nvidia the core lyra2 code was already very much optimized, but the perforance on zcoin is still poor.
The algo parameters are just not suitable for GPU mining, even with optimized code.

So you have an algo that already has limited gain potential for GPUs over CPUs due to its I/O requirements and
you increase those requirements to further reduce that potential because you want to encourage GPU mining.
It doen't make sense.

Everyone knew the cutover was going to be like a launch and knew when it would happen. Everyone with AWS
credits knew just what to do with them and when. It gave them a golden opportunity to use their credits at the
most profitable time.

Everything that happened was completely opposite to the desired intent.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: