Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Firo (FIRO) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup  (Read 662430 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
AND01

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:54:29 AM

znode release, the price to rise, to take off

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AND01

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:04:24 AM

Set nodes need 1000zcoin, I think too much. There will not be too many nodes. I suspect this can easily lead to centralization, Reduce the number of zcoins held by the node
zcoinofficial (OP)

Activity: 985
Merit: 268

Firo (FIRO)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:36:50 AM

Znodes Release, upcoming Hard Fork and What you need to know

We are very happy to release Zcoin v0.13.4.1 which includes the Znodes release. A hard fork will happen on block 66550 and Znode payouts will begin on block 66700.

We would like to thank everyone who participated in the testnet to help us find bugs with special shoutouts to Pickle Rick, caretaker, Nicholas, kp and Yura along with countless others who contributed their time.

We have noticed some confusion as to what this upgrade entails so hopefully we can shed some light on this:

What is a hard fork? Am I getting free coins?
Thanks to the many Bitcoin 'hard forks', there's been a lot of confusion what the meaning of hard fork truly means. A hard fork simply means that an upgrade is compulsory and that everyone has to upgrade to the new version before the hard fork block (approximately 23 December). Those that choose to remain on the old version will no longer be able to sync with the new clients and should there be any miners continuing to mine on the old version, they will form their own version of the blockchain. In most cases, the older blockchain has no value especially when it is a non contentious hard fork and it is merely to facilitate an upgrade. Only in hard forks which are contentious, when the fork is done as a result of idealogical differences and garners significant support, would there be two well maintained versions of the blockchain. Zcoin's fork on the other hand has garnered wide community support and indeed a planned upgrade in accordance with our roadmap. As such, the short answer is no, you will not be getting free coins.

What do I need to do?
Before updating, it is always good practice to do a wallet backup by going to File > Backup Wallet. Regardless of whether you're hosting a Znode or not, everyone must make sure you update your wallet to Zcoin v0.13.4.1 before the hard fork date. You will be prompted for a one time reindex. Reindex takes a while though it has been optimized to take advantage of multi core processors so should be a lot quicker than previous versions. Once you are updated, when the hard fork rolls over, you should not notice any interruptions.

If you are hosting a Znode, you can refer to this Znode setup guide. We will be posting a video guide soon!

Should I start my Znode now?
We do recommend starting your Znodes as soon as you can. Although you won't be receiving payouts until block 66700, having it active on the blockchain would place it on the Znode list ready to be queued so that there will be as little delay as possible. Setup of a Znode takes about 15 minutes and maybe an hour or more before everything is stabilized and other Znodes see you. We do recommend updating as soon as you can which would also ensure a smooth transition during hard fork. Other than that, there is no inherent benefit of starting your Znode early.

This is all too technical, I just want someone to manage my nodes for me!
Although we do recommend that people host their own nodes there are many upcoming Znode providers that will be able to host this for you for a fee.

We do not endorse any particular provider though there is very little trust involved. The only thing you would need to give is your znode key (generated using znode genkey) and your txid and index (obtained using znode outputs). If anyone asks you for you to dumpprivkey or to send funds to them, please do not believe them.

We are compiling a list of providers and will be publishing it soon. Please contact me at reuben@zcoin.io should you wish for your service to be listed along with your name, URL, e-mail and pricing.

Where do I go should I need help?
The best place to go is our Discord and ask either in #znode or #support.

There's also some commonly asked questions in our FAQ.

What else is new?
  • Mandatory update from all previous versions. Hard fork at block 66550 so update has to be done before then.
  • Znode enabled and Founder's reward reduction at block 66700
  • Simple Znode GUI
  • Optimizations to improve reindex/sync speed on multiple core systems
  • Zerocoin mints now are spendable at 6 confirmations, previously 7 confirmations.

zcoin.io/znodes-release-upcoming-hard-fork-need-know/

Firo: Implementing Lelantustechnology for financial privacy
firo.org
BCT | Telegram | Twitter | Reddit
blackbird123

Activity: 184

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:53:52 AM

Very nice trend, I've got 10 times in this profit, but I will continue to hold, because I value its value
gbelaz

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:56:59 AM

Thanks for the update about the hard fork.
One question, can you confirm if exchanges will adapt? In case we have Zcoins on exchanges, for example I have some on Bittrex.
AND01

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:03:16 AM

We are very happy to release Zcoin v0.13.4.1 which includes the Znodes release. A hard fork will happen on block 66550 and Znode payouts will begin on block 66700.

We would like to thank everyone who participated in the testnet to help us find bugs with special shoutouts to Pickle Rick, caretaker, Nicholas, kp and Yura along with countless others who contributed their time.

We have noticed some confusion as to what this upgrade entails so hopefully we can shed some light on this:

Thanks to the many Bitcoin 'hard forks', there's been a lot of confusion what the meaning of hard fork truly means. A hard fork simply means that an upgrade is compulsory and that everyone has to upgrade to the new version before the hard fork block (approximately 23 December). Those that choose to remain on the old version will no longer be able to sync with the new clients and should there be any miners continuing to mine on the old version, they will form their own version of the blockchain. In most cases, the older blockchain has no value especially when it is a non contentious hard fork and it is merely to facilitate an upgrade. Only in hard forks which are contentious, when the fork is done as a result of idealogical differences and garners significant support, would there be two well maintained versions of the blockchain. Zcoin's fork on the other hand has garnered wide community support and indeed a planned upgrade in accordance with our roadmap. As such, the short answer is no, you will not be getting free coins.

What do I need to do?
Before updating, it is always good practice to do a wallet backup by going to File > Backup Wallet. Regardless of whether you're hosting a Znode or not, everyone must make sure you update your wallet to Zcoin v0.13.4.1 before the hard fork date. You will be prompted for a one time reindex. Reindex takes a while though it has been optimized to take advantage of multi core processors so should be a lot quicker than previous versions. Once you are updated, when the hard fork rolls over, you should not notice any interruptions.

If you are hosting a Znode, you can refer to this Znode setup guide. We will be posting a video guide soon!

We do recommend starting your Znodes as soon as you can. Although you won't be receiving payouts until block 66700, having it active on the blockchain would place it on the Znode list ready to be queued so that there will be as little delay as possible. Setup of a Znode takes about 15 minutes and maybe an hour or more before everything is stabilized and other Znodes see you. We do recommend updating as soon as you can which would also ensure a smooth transition during hard fork. Other than that, there is no inherent benefit of starting your Znode early.

Although we do recommend that people host their own nodes there are many upcoming Znode providers that will be able to host this for you for a fee.

We do not endorse any particular provider though there is very little trust involved. The only thing you would need to give is your znode key (generated using znode genkey) and your txid and index (obtained using znode outputs). If anyone asks you for you to dumpprivkey or to send funds to them, please do not believe them.

We are compiling a list of providers and will be publishing it soon. Please contact me at reuben@zcoin.io should you wish for your service to be listed along with your name, URL, e-mail and pricing.

What else is new?
  • Mandatory update from all previous versions. Hard fork at block 66550 so update has to be done before then.
  • Simple Znode GUI
  • Zerocoin mints now are spendable at 6 confirmations, previously 7 confirmations.

Good news, great milestone. Congratulations to the development team for more than six months of work achievements, zcoin prices may fly to the moon,
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 12:50:30 PM

What do I need to do?

What else is new?
  • Simple Znode GUI

you do an exceptional job. Congratulations! Cool

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
wolfman01

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:59:45 PM

Congratulations!
kchulani

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:29:33 PM

I look at that chart and see much ore potential. I honestly believe that Zcoins tech is actually far superior than alot of Anonymous coins. In tests t definatly out paces even DASH. And alot of people have a misunderstanding that Zcoin is a fork of Zcash, it is NOT a fork of Zcash at all. It is all by itself a new Blockchain, with far superior technology. It;s just all the marketing on the other anon coins that divert the attention. I predict Zcoin reachng 3 digit prices in he first or second quarter of next year. Perhaps sooner.

majonezas

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:34:39 PM

have you guys noticed that 110,000 mhs of 130,000 mhs is on miningpoolhub?:DD i remember there were rumors a few months ago about a new pool by devs and there all mining power is still on a single pool
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:05:05 PM

have you guys noticed that 110,000 mhs of 130,000 mhs is on miningpoolhub?:DD i remember there were rumors a few months ago about a new pool by devs and there all mining power is still on a single pool

its always been like that for zcoin Sad
im not sure if people just like the quick blocks, or the autoexchange, but 80% of hash is usually there :/
that should change when MTP comes tho, as i think alot of the hash is bot cpus

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:10:33 AM

Good news about Znodes being right around the corner. Based on how the exchange rate of XZC is climbing upward I think the overall market is making note of Znodes as well.
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:14:05 AM

At least we have suprnova.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 12:25:59 AM

This coin looks good. I will maybe invest on it next month if i will have enough money. The zerocoin is already implemented? I mean we can send coins and be untracked?
riderinred

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:26:32 AM

I see a bright future for this coin, especially now that the net neutraility has been repealed in the US.
People are going to start thinking about their privacy and when they discover that btc and most cryptos are not private turn their head towards Zerocoin.

You are your worst enemy and your best ally.
I am just some guy with a keyboard.
mericy

Activity: 256

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:29:27 AM

This coin looks good. I will maybe invest on it next month if i will have enough money. The zerocoin is already implemented? I mean we can send coins and be untracked?
it really is a nice coin.i miss it when the price is low.it is expensive for me now.i will find next coin.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
JasonSW

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:48:29 AM

Surely already there, download wallet and try it.

it really is a nice coin.i miss it when the price is low.it is expensive for me now.i will find next coin.
Think about Zcoin is supposed to rank top 20, you'll find the price right now is still cheap. I agree with some people believed in 3 digit pricing. I kept buying coins when it was #120, well not many people cared about the coin at that time though. By looking at the technology, features and team, how could it be not in top 20?
cooly78

Activity: 602
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:41:45 AM

Zcoin is better than ZCash. If zcoin's marketcap reaches zcash's marketcap (And I think it can happend), then the zcoin price will be $300.

The price still low....
RbiggerG

Activity: 302

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:07:31 AM

Zcoin is better than ZCash. If zcoin's marketcap reaches zcash's marketcap (And I think it can happend), then the zcoin price will be $300.

The price still low....

How can you be sure it is? From a technical standpoint? ZCash people would probably argue the contrary.

enixon291077

Activity: 316
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:37:02 PM

Vote for Zcoin to be listed next week on KuCoin

Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: