Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 669 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ARK - DPoS 🔹 ARK Protokol 🔹 MarketSquare 🔹 IPFS 🔹 Staking on Binance 🔹  (Read 781259 times)
sailthor

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:32:14 PM

I had not checked the ARK's roadmap to Core v2, but just yesterday I noticed it's 56% ! Did it went up? Are we getting closer?  Grin
Indeed. Devs don't like to hype things up - they like to get work done. Ark is exactly how all cryptos should be right now since every coin is in very early stages.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:45:20 PM

I had not checked the ARK's roadmap to Core v2, but just yesterday I noticed it's 56% ! Did it went up? Are we getting closer?  Grin
Indeed. Devs don't like to hype things up - they like to get work done. Ark is exactly how all cryptos should be right now since every coin is in very early stages.
I just got into this project. and I'm asking myself all the day, why this coin still be so cheap, for so long, while shit coin just spent the money on PR and do nothing with the code or dev-team had no work to do. and some even copy the idea of ARK still got marketcap bigger than ARK. a little bit disapointed with marketing team of ARK ^^. but any way, I can see how the price will be when they've done all the thing and start marketing harder!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 12:01:42 AM

I just got into this project. and I'm asking myself all the day, why this coin still be so cheap, for so long, while shit coin just spent the money on PR and do nothing with the code or dev-team had no work to do. and some even copy the idea of ARK still got marketcap bigger than ARK. a little bit disapointed with marketing team of ARK ^^. but any way, I can see how the price will be when they've done all the thing and start marketing harder!
Here is one easily noticeable reason why ARK isnt scaling. Its the first i noticed:

It seems that the makers of ARK wallet and ARK blockchain are themselves undervaluing the coin.
There is a fixed transaction fee of 0.1 ARK = $0.5 as of now.
Next question is, were the Devs having a foresight of ARK hitting any real high marketcap value? Transaction fee for a coin like ARK is already too high at coinmarketcap of $400million. what would happen if it got to marketcap of LTC or ETH or XRP ??
Basically it can never get there because it is absolutely unrealistic to pay such fee.
Maybe the Devs saw an ARK max value of $1.

Secondly, i need to pay 5 ARK to get a second passphrase; something that shouldn't even cost money in a client.
I personally dont have a problem with paying something little as my way of donation but 5 ARK?!?!?!
Thats way too much on first thought if you're thinking optimistically. Even when thinking neutrally its still high.
So i began to realize that the Devs probably thought ARK should be 20 cents.

The good thing about ARK is that it is fast. But that also means that the blockchain data will grow big really fast. How long can this be sustained.
Now another question is, who are those with the full nodes?
I wonder if i can get a full node on my own. But would i even want to? It will be like a fast growing malignancy on my hard drive at the expense of speed.

ARK feels too centralized. I opened my wallet to see a top left corner messge saying  v 1.5.1 is out. who has that right to determine what every wallet user sees in their wallet??

Nevertheless, i love ARK.
GhostFaceUK told me a lot about ARK and about DPOS and about how the voting works when i first expressed interest in the coin. He is the delegate i have voted for. I've leant a lot about it on my own too
I sold off a lot of my BTC for ARK.
To many of you its not much but 9000 Ghana cedis can pay my school fees for 6 years in medical school and thats about what i have put into ARK.

I hope to see more from ARK core 2.

ARK is #48 in terms of github activity on cryptomiso.com

I recommend that everyone here buy just a few GLT and keep an eye on them. They are position 7 and there is a lot going on in the chambers of GlobalToken in terms of development

By the way, i follow ARK and i love all the conferences and the meetups.
Keep up the spirit.

ARK to the moon!!!

GaleRecoN

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:52:50 PM

I wonder if i can get a full node on my own. But would i even want to? It will be like a fast growing malignancy on my hard drive at the expense of speed.

ARK feels too centralized. I opened my wallet to see a top left corner messge saying  v 1.5.1 is out. who has that right to determine what every wallet user sees in their wallet??

What are you talking about? Do you even know how this stuff works?

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:22:03 PM

Here is one easily noticeable reason why ARK isnt scaling. Its the first i noticed:

It seems that the makers of ARK wallet and ARK blockchain are themselves undervaluing the coin.
There is a fixed transaction fee of 0.1 ARK = $0.5 as of now.
Next question is, were the Devs having a foresight of ARK hitting any real high marketcap value? Transaction fee for a coin like ARK is already too high at coinmarketcap of $400million. what would happen if it got to marketcap of LTC or ETH or XRP ??
Basically it can never get there because it is absolutely unrealistic to pay such fee.
Maybe the Devs saw an ARK max value of $1.

Secondly, i need to pay 5 ARK to get a second passphrase; something that shouldn't even cost money in a client.
I personally dont have a problem with paying something little as my way of donation but 5 ARK?!?!?!
Thats way too much on first thought if you're thinking optimistically. Even when thinking neutrally its still high.
So i began to realize that the Devs probably thought ARK should be 20 cents.

The good thing about ARK is that it is fast. But that also means that the blockchain data will grow big really fast. How long can this be sustained.

Nevertheless, i love ARK.
GhostFaceUK told me a lot about ARK and about DPOS and about how the voting works when i first expressed interest in the coin. He is the delegate i have voted for. I've leant a lot about it on my own too
I sold off a lot of my BTC for ARK.
To many of you its not much but 9000 Ghana cedis can pay my school fees for 6 years in medical school and thats about what i have put into ARK.

I hope to see more from ARK core 2.

ARK is #48 in terms of github activity on cryptomiso.com

I recommend that everyone here buy just a few GLT and keep an eye on them. They are position 7 and there is a lot going on in the chambers of GlobalToken in terms of development

By the way, i follow ARK and i love all the conferences and the meetups.
Keep up the spirit.

ARK to the moon!!!

About fees:

We are working on the reduction of transaction fees, and also enabling a fees market. This process will require 2 releases:

version 1.1.0: this is a soft fork, with the following fee structure and integrations:

ARK transfers (type : normal TX) : 0.01 ARK
    ARK voting / un-voting (type : voting TX) : 0.02 ARK
    2nd passphrase registration : 1 ARK
    Delegate registration: 10 ARK
    Introducing an option to un-vote and vote for a delegate in the same TX making it more user friendly, negating the need to vote once for adding and once for subtracting a vote. Also negates the need to move funds to a new account and vote from there to save on a transaction cost. (This is NOT yet implemented in the Desktop Client)

After we release the soft fork DevNet block for 1.1.0, all blocks forged on DevNet after that will start accepting transactions with this new fee structure. While 1.1.0 is in testing, we will be working on the 1.1.1 DevNet update

You can red more here: https://blog.ark.io/technical-roadmap-update-from-arks-head-of-development-fd6c9dac19c6

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Rosam

Activity: 257
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:30:01 PM

Hi everybody, wallets at cryptoPia have been ... well I do not know exactly since the only info is that there is no connexion to the network. That means you can not send Ark you obtain there to the ark wallet. Has anybody got any idea about that (why and how long?)
yours

mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:32:35 PM
Merited by kraterion (2), exus (2)

Your best bet would be to just contact the support, I had this type of issue whith XEM, couldn't withdraw. I submitted a support ticket and they gave me back my XEM after a week because they couldn't solve the problem (it a was a connection problem, XEM wallet connected to zero nodes)

RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:20:26 PM

Hi everybody, wallets at cryptoPia have been ... well I do not know exactly since the only info is that there is no connexion to the network. That means you can not send Ark you obtain there to the ark wallet. Has anybody got any idea about that (why and how long?)
yours

Everytime I've come across such a problem, they have just fixed it after a few hours or days without me sending them any ticket. It's not like they're going to answer sooner than a week with all the volume they've got!  Cheesy
BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:47:04 PM

ARK's update on partnership and collaboration with Blockport project!

Read more: https://blog.ark.io/ark-blockport-partnership-updates-d105e93e2591

GaleRecoN

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:44:18 PM

ARK's update on partnership and collaboration with Blockport project!

Read more: https://blog.ark.io/ark-blockport-partnership-updates-d105e93e2591

This is very exciting. Blockport ICO was sold out in minutes. This will be great opportunity for ARK and Blockport. Not only will this partnership help with exposure for both projects, it'll also force ARK to update their technology for robustness and improvements (ACES and desktop wallet in particular) and also put it to work in a real world use case. I can already see ARK moving from concept to business with full fledged product Smiley

Haven't sold a single ARK yet, even considering developing some smart contracts once ARKVM is released...congratulations and good luck!

techbytes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:24:02 AM

New ARK explorer developed from the ground up, new design and quicker response.

schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:40:08 AM

ARK feels too centralized. I opened my wallet to see a top left corner messge saying  v 1.5.1 is out. who has that right to determine what every wallet user sees in their wallet??

Not really. What I am saying is simply how they look to me and not how they actually  are.
I never really said anything with absolute certainty unless I was very sure.

If I am wrong anywhere please enlighten me

About fees:

We are working on the reduction of transaction fees, and also enabling a fees market. This process will require 2 releases:

version 1.1.0: this is a soft fork, with the following fee structure and integrations:

ARK transfers (type : normal TX) : 0.01 ARK
    ARK voting / un-voting (type : voting TX) : 0.02 ARK
    2nd passphrase registration : 1 ARK
    Delegate registration: 10 ARK
    Introducing an option to un-vote and vote for a delegate in the same TX making it more user friendly, negating the need to vote once for adding and once for subtracting a vote. Also negates the need to move funds to a new account and vote from there to save on a transaction cost. (This is NOT yet implemented in the Desktop Client)

After we release the soft fork DevNet block for 1.1.0, all blocks forged on DevNet after that will start accepting transactions with this new fee structure. While 1.1.0 is in testing, we will be working on the 1.1.1 DevNet update

You can red more here: https://blog.ark.io/technical-roadmap-update-from-arks-head-of-development-fd6c9dac19c6

Thanks for the info. Sounds cool!
Not that it affects me since I barely make any transactions but I suggest transaction fees be reduced to 0.001 instead and everything else be as you stated

GaleRecoN

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:11:37 PM

ARK feels too centralized. I opened my wallet to see a top left corner messge saying  v 1.5.1 is out. who has that right to determine what every wallet user sees in their wallet??

Not really. What I am saying is simply how they look to me and not how they actually  are.
I never really said anything with absolute certainty unless I was very sure.

If I am wrong anywhere please enlighten me

In blockchain people set up nodes to help run it. They process transactions and make it stable. See: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/
You can get a full node yourself and yes, you do need to meet hardware requirements. A lot of people use VSP to set it up and just pay a monthly fee for it. You won't get payouts unless if you becomes a delegate. To be a delegate, you need to run a full node and get enough votes to be in the top 51.

What makes you think it's centralized? The wallet was developed by the ARK team and has nothing to do with centralization. All it does is let you access your funds in a desktop wallet instead of going to an exchanges. The message you see is saying that there's a new version for that wallet.

template

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:16:57 PM

cryptopia wallet is offline?
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3038

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:47:23 AM

If you have any working addnodes please pm me that  ! 

Regards  Lafu

yokoama

Activity: 45
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:22:33 AM

Hey Ark Community!

We ran into an issue with our node last night an experiences some down time. To compensate we will be increasing our share to 98-99% temporarily. Also, don't forget the Ark meet up this Saturday in The Netherlands: https://www.meetup.com/meetup-group-iCGNURmS/events/246395335/

Keen to learn more about The Foundry, check our proposal: https://forum.ark.io/topic/501/actively-forging-successful-ark-outreach-program-yokoama-acf-board-member-and-tk0n-delegate-proposal-95-payout-1-for-ark-outreach-we-pay-tx-fees-true-blockweight-active-website-daily-payout-fran%C3%A7ais-deutsch

Best,

Yokoama - The Foundry
rorschach1

Activity: 840
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:17:26 AM

No it's working. I checked right now.
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:34:57 AM

No it's working. I checked right now.

I also can confirm this it is back to normal status and everything is working smoothly right. But mostly I use Binance for listed tokens there because it is much faster than and have more big volume.
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:38:34 PM

Ark Crypto Meetup Utrecht, Germany (February 10)
https://coindar.org/en/event/ark-ark-ark-crypto-meetup-utrecht-germany-3271
Zeehenk

Activity: 399
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:14:27 PM

Utrecht..... GERMANY?!

Pages: « 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ... 669 »
  Print  

Jump to: