Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cannabis Industry Coin XCI anon blockchain for the legal marijuana.GUI UPD  (Read 79766 times)
bitass

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:15:09 AM

Good luck with this project, tough times ahead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:10:31 PM

cool big miners leave us some hashrate for now Smiley
tripwirearmpit

Activity: 70

Working to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:13:40 PM

They dont care about you. Only thing they care about is mining profits

Not to mention the leak in my roof.
leonardson

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:49:00 PM

Let's keep kickin' long live cannabis
delle54

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:03:48 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 05:28:05 PM by delle54

I have been watching this for a few days now. The "big miners" are only active for 2 hours a day on Markscheider Mining Pool from 10 AM to 12 AM (GMT +1). During these 2 hours even Gorillapool must have a lot of luck to get one or two blocks. During this activity of about 435 kH/s, you can see that the difficulty gradually rises and afterwards just slowly declines until the next morning.
To me, this seems more of an attack, as someone who wants to make a profit.
XCICOIN (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:31:59 PM

Greetings my friends!
Cannabis Industry Coin is 2 month old! We are making a great progress with the community and future adoption, next year we will introduce XCI to dispensaries and Local Marijuana businesses.
XCI has a great future and all early adopters should have a major benefits being the #earlybirds.
But there is no rush, we are here to stay.

CANNABIS INDUSTRY COIN - XCI - NEW
XCICOIN.ORG
XCICOIN (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:38:46 PM

Great!
Coins with momentum. Cannabis Industry Coin. XCI Coin view based on retrospective PotCoin and Monero view.
https://medium.com/@WeedBlockchains/coins-with-momentum-f9f0c0d65b97

XCICOIN.ORG
XCICOIN (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:44:23 PM

I have been watching this for a few days now. The "big miners" are only active for 2 hours a day on Markscheider Mining Pool from 10 AM to 12 AM (GMT +1). During these 2 hours even Gorillapool must have a lot of luck to get one or two blocks. During this activity of about 435 kH/s, you can see that the difficulty gradually rises and afterwards just slowly declines until the next morning.
To me, this seems more of an attack, as someone who wants to make a profit.

Network is stable now, blocks are going with about 2 min interval as it should be. It is very stupid to switch 400khs mining power to any coin if there is a profit goal. There will be much more coins mined if he will just put a stable long running 10khs there. But he is free to do what he wants.

XCICOIN.ORG
XCICOIN (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:03:55 PM

I was part of the "yes we can" old cannabis coin, are you guys will do the same or what is the roadmap

Roadmaps, roadmaps, roadmaps ...

You know, everything is changing very fast in cryptos. What exactly do you want to see in this roadmap or how should it look like ...Smiley
It is better to do a list of future milestones. Now, for you, briefly:

1. XCI Adoption:
- Legal dispensaries
- Legal marijuana businesses
- Dispensaries and businesses bounties
- More XCI exchanges
- XCI - Fiat and XCI - cash solutions

We expect the first XCI legal marijuana purchase in the year 20 17. https://xcicoin.org/brownie.html

2. XCI Development:
- Blockchain|network improvements
- Wallet improvements
- New web|mobile wallets
- Payment solutions
- Apps and widgets
- Development bounties

3. Community and media
- Main stream and cryptocurrency Media coverage
- Cannabis related media and forums coverage
- Cannabis conferences coverage
- Social media coverage
- Videos, art and guides
- Community bounties
- Developing a Marijuana related social network|magazine of users, growers, businesses, listings, etc. All monetization with XCI (ads, reviews, listings)

This is just a brief list.

XCICOIN.ORG
MWD64

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 02:26:46 AM

It is very stupid to switch 400khs mining power to any coin if there is a profit goal. There will be much more coins mined if he will just put a stable long running 10khs there. But he is free to do what he wants.

Hi,

We see this also sometimes on our CryptoNote coin, BipCoin....We see people spending more money on rented hashing than they can make selling the coin, and way more than they need to mine the same amount. At first I thought "Well, they're doing it to mine the coin and hold on to it for if the price going up." But no, they could buy it cheaper and just hold it if that was their goal. Then I thought "Well, maybe they don't know how much hash power to rent" But then I realized that anyone spending lots of money on mining can probably do the 8th grade math to figure out the max they'll need. Do that plus 5%. Not that plus 300%. lol.

I think these huge hash powers, like 4x as much as they need, is an attempt at an attack to make it hard for other miners and hope it will drive people away from the coin. Either by people holding large amounts of other CryptoNote coins....Or by people holding a lot of Bitcoin who don't want truly anonymous coins catching on in a big way....or maybe some state actor who doesn't want truly anonymous coins catching on in a big way.

By the way, a friend of mine who runs a CryptoNote pool (that included a Xcicoin pool, a BipCoin pool and a Karbowanec pool) was hacked last weekend. He's fixed it and has posted that he got hacked, so people know.
Info is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662140.msg17206508#msg17206508

Anyway, I figured it's about time to come talk to y'all. Always happy with CryptoNotes catching on. 

Take care and I wish your coin well success.

-MWD
BipCoin BipDev team

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license
sia

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:50:32 AM

after closing the wallet, it keeps saving data for more than 45minutes. why ? I am using xciwallet-2.0.0-beta-win64
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 05:31:43 AM

Pool one month http://xci.ms-pool.net.ua/#
 My address - 1BNctdWJ3Tj9YZRKQqeNKpZSmCpXjuWA8NNNyuW9wsvJ2d7XQozzzZ263JBH5HcVQxhyY8REcoVdF2Q SC9YrGJs5BPWTwbV

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
MWD64

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 05:49:25 AM

after closing the wallet, it keeps saving data for more than 45minutes. why ? I am using xciwallet-2.0.0-beta-win64

I had this exact problem with the Bytecoin GUI wallet some months back. As I recall it didn't happen the next time I used it. I think the issue was I had another wallet open at the same time. Most likely a CLI wallet and most likely a CryptoNote CLI wallet.

tripwirearmpit

Activity: 70

Working to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:35:10 AM

I had this exact problem with the Bytecoin GUI wallet some months back. As I recall it didn't happen the next time I used it. I think the issue was I had another wallet open at the same time. Most likely a CLI wallet and most likely a CryptoNote CLI wallet.

Is xci a clone wallet from bytecoin?

Not to mention the leak in my roof.
XCICOIN (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:10:01 PM

Is xci a clone wallet from bytecoin?

No, XCI is not a "clone" or fork of bytecoin. XCI was forked from the cryptonotefoundation and GUI v1 was forked from cryptonotefoundation too and GUI v2 was forked from KRB because guys made a great bug fixes and multilingual support. We will keep coop with other CryptoNote devs.

XCICOIN.ORG
XCICOIN (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:22:35 PM

It is very stupid to switch 400khs mining power to any coin if there is a profit goal. There will be much more coins mined if he will just put a stable long running 10khs there. But he is free to do what he wants.

Hi,

We see this also sometimes on our CryptoNote coin, BipCoin....We see people spending more money on rented hashing than they can make selling the coin, and way more than they need to mine the same amount. At first I thought "Well, they're doing it to mine the coin and hold on to it for if the price going up." But no, they could buy it cheaper and just hold it if that was their goal. Then I thought "Well, maybe they don't know how much hash power to rent" But then I realized that anyone spending lots of money on mining can probably do the 8th grade math to figure out the max they'll need. Do that plus 5%. Not that plus 300%. lol.

I think these huge hash powers, like 4x as much as they need, is an attempt at an attack to make it hard for other miners and hope it will drive people away from the coin. Either by people holding large amounts of other CryptoNote coins....Or by people holding a lot of Bitcoin who don't want truly anonymous coins catching on in a big way....or maybe some state actor who doesn't want truly anonymous coins catching on in a big way.

By the way, a friend of mine who runs a CryptoNote pool (that included a Xcicoin pool, a BipCoin pool and a Karbowanec pool) was hacked last weekend. He's fixed it and has posted that he got hacked, so people know.
Info is here:

Anyway, I figured it's about time to come talk to y'all. Always happy with CryptoNotes catching on. 

-MWD
BipCoin BipDev team

My pool:
http://cryptonotepool.com/#pools was hacked on Saturday 10 December 2016. The crackers changed the payout addresses for Xcicoin and Karbowanec to steal the coin to someone else.
The pool fee (then paying to the hackers) was also made larger.

The fee was made larger on the BipCoin pool, but the address was not changed.

I  believe this was a successful attempt to steal coin, and then try to make this pool look dishonest, by not changing one of the payout addresses.
On 15 December 2016 I've fixed it, hardened against future attempts, and added alerting systems for future problems. All pools should have all this, and not many do.

The amount of all three coins not paid out to miners combined wasn't much. It totaled about the price of two people eating dinner in a cheap restaurant.

I apologize.

To try to win back the public's trust, I am admitting the error, and making the pool fee for all 3 coins ZERO for one month. After that time it will go back to 1.5%.

I run this pool mainly to support CryptoNote and usually only make about enough money to cover the servers. I do hope I can win back your trust.

Thank you.

This looks very suspicious...
We need an investigation and some proof of hack ...
Why should miners believe you? What was the way of hacking? How did you noticed that and when?  What is your pool mining address? (this will not tell us something, but as far as you were hacked we should know all the info). What pools were hacked - Bip? KRB? XCI?

Before any hack proof and investigation I suggest to stop mining on cryptonotepool.com.

That is why solo mining is a perfect for both network and miner. We will update the XCI guides with solo mining guide very soon.

XCICOIN.ORG
XCICOIN (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:26:58 PM

Pool one month http://xci.ms-pool.net.ua/#
 My address - 1BNctdWJ3Tj9YZRKQqeNKpZSmCpXjuWA8NNNyuW9wsvJ2d7XQozzzZ263JBH5HcVQxhyY8REcoVdF2Q SC9YrGJs5BPWTwbV

Thank you for your pool, 100 XCI donated, you can claim another 100 XCI after 1 year of pool running. Any pool owner can claim the same 100 XCI bounty after the 1st month and 1st year of pool life.

XCICOIN.ORG
MWD64

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 11:41:26 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 12:21:09 AM by MWD64

Hi,

Info is here:

-MWD
BipCoin BipDev team

My pool:
http://cryptonotepool.com/#pools was hacked on Saturday 10 December 2016. The crackers changed the payout addresses for Xcicoin and Karbowanec to steal the coin to someone else.
The pool fee (then paying to the hackers) was also made larger.

The fee was made larger on the BipCoin pool, but the address was not changed.

I  believe this was a successful attempt to steal coin, and then try to make this pool look dishonest, by not changing one of the payout addresses.
On 15 December 2016 I've fixed it, hardened against future attempts, and added alerting systems for future problems. All pools should have all this, and not many do.

The amount of all three coins not paid out to miners combined wasn't much. It totaled about the price of two people eating dinner in a cheap restaurant.

I apologize.

To try to win back the public's trust, I am admitting the error, and making the pool fee for all 3 coins ZERO for one month. After that time it will go back to 1.5%.

I run this pool mainly to support CryptoNote and usually only make about enough money to cover the servers. I do hope I can win back your trust.

Thank you.

This looks very suspicious...
We need an investigation and some proof of hack ...
Why should miners believe you? What was the way of hacking? How did you noticed that and when?  What is your pool mining address? (this will not tell us something, but as far as you were hacked we should know all the info). What pools were hacked - Bip? KRB? XCI?

Before any hack proof and investigation I suggest to stop mining on cryptonotepool.com.

That is why solo mining is a perfect for both network and miner. We will update the XCI guides with solo mining guide very soon.

MainCoins is a newbie user no one knows who is trying to trick people to falsely discredit CryptoNote pools run by established users because MainCoins operates a series of failed CryptoNote pools (and one failed CryptoNote coin, Neptunium).

And remember *I* alerted you to the hack. You wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. There's nothing suspicious. There was a hack for a few days, it was fixed, MainCoins is claiming it was hacked a month ago he told no one, and is trying to be the good guy? Jesus.

And as for your demands that I produce evidence that the hack was an attack, It's not my pool. I just knew about it, it is my friend's pool, and I thought I'd aleart yo8u guys since he had gone to bed after dealing with all of it. He was going to let you know in the morning, but I figured I let you know 8 hours earlier.

Full story here of why MainCoins is not a good guy is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662140.msg17216500#msg17216500

As for me telling you that the big hash powers are an attack, you did not know this? Karbo knows this and is doing a hardfork soon to deal with it.

Don't "shoot the messenger who brings bad news." Unless the messenger is MainCoins because then he likely caused the thing the bad news is about.

MWD64

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 12:08:28 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 09:32:30 AM by MWD64

Have you ever mined your coin? Hashrate is around 90 kH/s. Solo mining would produce NOTHING.

If people don't want to mine at cryptonotepool.com, they should mine at slb's pool.
http://democats.org/

It's very trusted, he's very trusted and well known, he and his pools are very solid, he is a main developer on the forknote pool software a lot of pools use. Why would anyone go to someone else when he knows more about it because he built it?

slb's Bytecoin pool is even included as one of four pool defaults in Bytecoin's "mine in the wallet" GUI wallet. And Bytecoin is one of the most successful CryptoNotes except Monero. Bytecoin was also the FIRST CryptoNote and is still going strong.

MWD

mxhwr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:22:00 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 02:05:28 AM by mxhwr

Wonder if this gets pumped like potcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: