Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 04:54:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?
Yes
No
I don't know/I'm not sure yet
I don't care

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 139395 times)
GreenBits

Activity: 910

I have no mouth and I must scream.

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:55:16 PM

In my opinion bitcoin bank is against decentralizing. what will be the difference between bitcoin bank and an ordinary bank?

Esssentially, bitcoin banks are proposing the same services that normal banks would offer pretty much. loans, money storage, and the purchase of debt. the difference is in the fees, and the rates of return. using a blockchain means a free, built in ledger/database. this greatly reduces operational costs, and the subsequent fees that would be passed along to the customer. add to that the volatility that bitcoin brings, and investments managed by professionals should offer rates of return superior to what we see in the alt markets. but that superior return would be tied to superior risk, like always. so you cant really guarantee the enhanced returns, but you really could get the operational fees down to nil, and still turn a decent profit.

my only problem with bitcoin denominated banks is centralization. its like you just cant get some benefits without dealing with a centralized service Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adykingcity

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:57:40 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.
So who will hold the bitcoin bank, satoshi nakamoto is just a pseudonym, and who will manage the bank?
But it would be nice if bitcoin really has a bank
phreeksta

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:01:29 PM

Wouldn't be a bank kind of senseless for a decentralized currency? For what exactly should I use a bank, when I am already able to do everything I need to ... having an account, sending + receiving money etc. What exactly would a bank bring to the table?
fitriyanti

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:17:11 PM

I strongly agree with the existence of bitcoin bank. because we as bitcoin players become easy to attract bitcoin for us to convert into currency
xSkyer

Activity: 154

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 10:20:43 PM

Wouldn't be a bank kind of senseless for a decentralized currency? For what exactly should I use a bank, when I am already able to do everything I need to ... having an account, sending + receiving money etc. What exactly would a bank bring to the table?

Well, you are right. But think about ordinary people, many of them won't bother about security of their funds. They would like to be provided a secure service. These just don't understand the purpose of decentralised currency. Also "crypto bank" could work like today's exchanges. They would allow to hold many different cryptocurrencies in one place.

phreeksta

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:31:55 PM

Well, you are right. But think about ordinary people, many of them won't bother about security of their funds. They would like to be provided a secure service. These just don't understand the purpose of decentralised currency. Also "crypto bank" could work like today's exchanges. They would allow to hold many different cryptocurrencies in one place.

You have a point there! Security is a big problem for sure. On the other hand, imagine what a bank can do with all the bitcoins they hold. They could manipulate the market easily.
neya

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:41:25 PM

i dont think this bitcoin bank is a good idea.we have already our own wallet serves already as our bank which we can cash out our bitcoin if we need it already.hard also to trust if we need the keys.the security issue also.and who will handle the bank.

WatchMaker

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:56:10 PM

Bitcoin is supposed to be free where people will control their asset.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:28:52 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.
I agree with you. BITCOIN BANK is not a good idea for me. In the first place, what really banks are for? Anyone who is planning to build or create a bitcoin bank aims to earn from interests. Banks are designed to ear profit from the interests of those deposited to them. Why do bitcoin banking if you can manage your own money through exchanges and trading? Well, bitcoin bank is out of the line for me.

Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 12:45:58 AM

A bitcoin bank is great until it is not. Then once it is no longer great you are shit out of luck. It is like having a business partner who you let control all your cash. It is great as long as they pay you. But, then when they run off with the money there is not much you can do. Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
Daimon88

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:33:14 AM

I completely disagree the idea of bitcoin bank i think we don't need it as bitcoin is meant to remain decentralized always and the idea of bank is to centralize bitcoin. Even some regulated web wallets like coinbase, xapo practice same restrictions like normal banks with lots of account lock down and KYC policies which is completely against what bitcoin was developed for.
I think since bitcoin has been popular to everyone even around the world I think bitcoin bank is a great idea. If this would be possible i think it is one of the steppingstone of bitcoin to be accepted by everyone of us even the government of China.
Yes I do agree with the idea of “Bitcoin bank”. But what will it look like. Will it be sort of super computer or like a bank? Whatever it looks like, people will surely getting benefits from it. They will either be using this bank for insurance, savings or transactions processes.

richkellj

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:33:29 PM

for me it is a good idea that to have us bitcoin bank. but in the other side it is have a big risk to have one. why? because most of use are anonymous in this bitcoin world. how could we say that this bitcoin bank is totally legit and we all have in a good hand for those future clients who wants these services, let say it is a good idea to have but not totally recommended because of high anonimity.
Agree with you and it is right the feature of decentralization of bitcoin would be ended if bitcoin banks introduced and mostly people likes bitcoin for decentralization feature. I am also against the bitcoin bank and whenever if it happened then I will start thinking for alternate business because I don’t want interference of others in my personal business and don’t want to reveal something of my secret before someone.

henmark

Activity: 202

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:19:35 PM

yes I agree, I think banks and bitcoin can work together to make transactions easier and simpler. of course bitcoin and bank will strengthen each other so I think this is a very good idea.
I thinks that bank is good but not in respect pf bitcoin because the world of bit coin is totally different from other investment institutions as bitcoin based banks will definitely implement other taxes which is the primary duty of any government of this world, which will lessen the interest level of the investors.

Barbarian

Activity: 308

Smart Money on the Ethereum Blockchain

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:23:53 PM

actually it's good if there is a bitcoin bank, but there only in particular to store our wallet hardware, which we use as a savings for Bitcoin ..
Banks are not good take that out of your mind, they get profits by doing nothing, the service they give is  no longer necessary, besides they have abused their position of power so much that it is impossible we can trust in them, that is why bitcoin is so great because it is trustless.

KEPLER99

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:40:41 AM

actually it's good if there is a bitcoin bank, but there only in particular to store our wallet hardware, which we use as a savings for Bitcoin ..
That is good way to store bitcoins. Bitcoin bank will be so useful for us but for that firstly I think the governments have to take some steps of being unauthorized to it. Bitcoins banks should only save the wallets not bitcoins directly because if it so, then there will be no difference in fiat and bitcoin later on.

coinpennant

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:31:35 AM

Bitcoin bank means centralized organization. I never trust keep my money in other place include small bank in my country. It will be worst idea to make bitcoin as centralized service. But who knows maybe I am wrong...
yohan09

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:48:56 AM

Yes i love bitcoin bank in the future at least it will boost up the popularity of btc and insurance to all our btc holdings. This will also lift up the value of btc because it will drive the curiosity of the mass of what is btc all about. And if somebody will help them elaborate whats the good thing of btc then in realization bitcoin holders are keep enjoying the good fortune bring in.

diegz

Activity: 672

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:49:56 AM

Bitcoin bank means centralized organization. I never trust keep my money in other place include small bank in my country. It will be worst idea to make bitcoin as centralized service. But who knows maybe I am wrong...

That's not true, just think of it like you are keeping your bitcoin on a exchange, your bitcoin stays on just one address, and only moves when you are moving it to other address by means of paying or any reason why you want to transfer it.

In my opinion it will only become centralized when the bank who keep your bitcoin is utilizing your coins and earning from it and they are the one who are in control of your address and just giving you access on it.

streetlight

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:04:52 PM

Bitcoin and bank are oxymorons lol. One of the things Bitcoin does is dis-intermediate third parties that aren't necessary and since the Bitcoin network has it's own triple entry bookkeeping system people don't need banks, just their phones.

Wildwest

Activity: 405

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:13:18 PM

I'm not sure yet and don't think so if this good idea. As we know we have own bank like blockchain, electrum and something else also can be controlled it self we do not need Bitcoin Bank. If there is any "Bitcoin Bank" i don't think people will agree with this idea, bank have full control of money.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.