Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172888 times)
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 11:34:55 AM

Cryptopia site is looking better and cooler now. It's been a while since I stopped trading due to the falling market. Now I can feel most top coins especially bitcoin are ready for the big bounce.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kreatoralex

Activity: 1257
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:24:08 PM

Who faced this

Arhgus

Activity: 199
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:00:37 AM

yeah just a cryptopia  does not support this btc wallet
try another exchange
Arhgus

Activity: 199
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 12:00:12 PM

Why cryptopia close all 51% attack coins on their website with no refund BTC to customers?
(Because Term and conditions allow you to fu*k your customers? many different coins)
Don't invest on cryptopia exchange they will close the markets and will not refund you!

Thank you for contacting Cryptopia Support.

As AU has fallen victim to a 51% attack we have determined that the coin no longer meets our standard listing requirements and has been delisted.

All holders of AU were emailed notifying them that withdrawals would be enabled from 02:00:00 AM (UTC) on the 20th of December 2018.
As our users have now withdrawn 100% of the coins remaining in our AU wallet, there would be no advantage to providing further notice of this coin's delisting as withdrawals of AU would not be possible during the notice period.

I am sorry that you were not able to withdraw your coins in time, however there is nothing further we can do to recover these funds.

Kind regards,
Olivia

???Cryptopia Support Huh
"""I am sorry that you were not able to withdraw your coins in time""" Huh? What kind of answer is this? Give me back my money . You allegedly gave 20 hours to withdraw coins? why not 5 hours. Hey citizens and who managed to see the mail? I think it's time to respond to cryptopies. Either customers will prefer decentralization exchanges ...

xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:39:40 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2018, 12:40:33 PM by xtraelv
Merited by FractalUniverse (1)

Thank you for contacting Cryptopia Support.

As AU has fallen victim to a 51% attack we have determined that the coin no longer meets our standard listing requirements and has been delisted.

All holders of AU were emailed notifying them that withdrawals would be enabled from 02:00:00 AM (UTC) on the 20th of December 2018.
As our users have now withdrawn 100% of the coins remaining in our AU wallet, there would be no advantage to providing further notice of this coin's delisting as withdrawals of AU would not be possible during the notice period.

I am sorry that you were not able to withdraw your coins in time, however there is nothing further we can do to recover these funds.

Kind regards,
Olivia

???Cryptopia Support Huh
"""I am sorry that you were not able to withdraw your coins in time""" Huh? What kind of answer is this? Give me back my money . You allegedly gave 20 hours to withdraw coins? why not 5 hours. Hey citizens and who managed to see the mail? I think it's time to respond to cryptopies. Either customers will prefer decentralization exchanges ...

I sympathize with your plight.

A 51% attack is a blockchain based attack.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/1/51-attack.asp

There is nothing an exchange can do to prevent it other than delist and remove a coin subject to such an attack if the coin devs are unable to secure the chain against future attacks.

The Aurum coin devs have flat out refused to take responsibility for the attack that occurred on their blockchain.

51% attack explained:
https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=91fc54cddbfc2b0052d2ef728a961948

Cryptopia is a peer to peer exchange which means it facilitates the trades between buyer and seller. Cryptopia does not own the coins that are for sale on their site and they are reliant on the blockchain developers to secure their coin networks. Coin balances belong to the buyers and seller on the exchange.

Your Coin Balances are operated by us, and represent entries in your name on the general ledger of ownership of Coins maintained and held by us. This means the Coins in your deposit wallets may be pooled in our internal accounts with other Users' Coins at any time.
Each User's entry in the general ledger of ownership of Coins is held by us, on trust, for that User.
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Terms#5

Failure by the blockchain developers to secure the blockchain have resulted in the blockchain being attacked.

Blockchain is based on consensus - potentially affected users or the coin developers could fork Aurumcoin to recover, re-establish or re-emburse coins missing from the blockchain balance.

This is something that the Aurum coin developers have not chosen to do.  Unlike other coin developers that have re-embursed after 51% attacks on their blockchain and taken responsibility for events that occur on their blockchain.

Cryptopia was entitled to receive the balances, the balances were confirmed by the blockchain nodes but attackers were able to exploit the coin blockchain to reverse the crediting of those balances and thereby stealing the coins from the blockchain held balances.

Cryptopias wallet were kept secure and the private keys were never exposed. This is not something that Cryptopia is responsible for or could control. This has occurred because the blockchain was insecure with insufficient hashrate to secure against such an attack or code to prevent such an attack. (Check pointing code like used by bitcoin and litecoin in the early days when the hashrate was still relatively low can prevent 51% attacks)
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3114/which-blocks-get-to-be-checkpoints
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1797/what-are-checkpoints

Cryptopia bring back BTC according market value:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/aurumcoin/

The volume of Aurumcoin on coinmarketcap in my opinion is likely to be fake volume aimed to trick potential buyers. Those coins may not even exist - is potential fake bot volume or volume generated by the same buyer and seller to give the impression that the coin is not dead. From 29/10/18 till 23/12/18 the blockchain did not move.

https://www.coinexchange.io/news/post/64/

The Aurumcoin wallet has been in maintenance for months and the blockchain hasn't  moved for 2 months. So the trading that occurred on Coinexchange.io during that time was soley with the exchange ledger balance and most likely fake.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
AUKING

Activity: 386
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:12:15 PM

@xtraelv I don't understand what you mean.
You say that @rossen & @Althor49
Are supposed to give cryptopia 15,750 AU?
1. Why? This is open source, they are probably not the attackers.
2. Why do you think they have so many coins?
3. Why cryptopia don't buy from someone or give BTC compensation?
Even CryptoHub compensate us investors.
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack, this is not just AU problem. Why should any one of us your victims will ever invest in your cryptopia exchange?
I really don't understand you please explain yourself
g1itch

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3038

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:46:36 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2018, 08:54:10 PM by Lafu

Have seen it and written to one of our devs and admins !  

Update :

They know it now and working on it !

Update 2 :

They sorted out the issue and look now deeper into it , page is online but in maintenance mode now.

Update 3 :

We are back online ,  Sorry for the inconvenience

xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:07:36 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2018, 01:30:55 PM by xtraelv

More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack, this is not just AU problem. Why should any one of us your victims will ever invest in your cryptopia exchange?

1) The coin devs are responsible for their code and exploits that occur on their blockchain.
2) They can fork to return the coins they lost on their blockchain.
3) Cryptopia didn't cause the loss

Cryptohub was hacked which was the responsibility of Crypto hub - it occurred on the Cryptohub servers. - entirely different scenario.
https://twitter.com/cryptohubonline/status/1043163502628798464?lang=en

There are not
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack,
- please provide proof of your allegation.

If you don't like their terms and conditions you should absolutely not trade on there. Accepting their terms and conditions is required to use their platform.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Terms#1

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
AUKING

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:47:10 PM

1) The coin devs are responsible for their code and exploits that occur on their blockchain.
2) They can fork to return the coins they lost on their blockchain.
3) Cryptopia didn't cause the loss

Cryptohub was hacked which was the responsibility of Crypto hub - it occurred on the Cryptohub servers. - entirely different scenario.
https://twitter.com/cryptohubonline/status/1043163502628798464?lang=en

There are not
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack,
- please provide proof of your allegation.

If you don't like their terms and conditions you should absolutely not trade on there. Accepting their terms and conditions is required to use their platform.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Terms#1

@xtraelv I do not agree with you at all.
For sample, who is the CEO of Bitcoin? you demand CEO in cryptopia T&A
Please delist Bitcoin from cryptopia...

And here is the proof that many coins were attack on cryptopia:
https://coinjournal.net/cryptopia-has-over-100-markets-disabled-charging-fees-for-return/
xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:50:38 PM

@xtraelv I do not agree with you at all.
For sample, who is the CEO of Bitcoin? you demand CEO in cryptopia T&A
Please delist Bitcoin from cryptopia...

And here is the proof that many coins were attack on cryptopia:
https://coinjournal.net/cryptopia-has-over-100-markets-disabled-charging-fees-for-return/

Nonsense - Show a screenshot in the T&C where it demands that.

BTC is also a base market. One of the premium coins of crypto. Their hashrate make it unlikely to be 51% attacked.

Cryptopia refused to list Ethereum after the ETC / ETH fork for a long time. No coin is exempt.

The link that you have posted does not prove your claim that
More than 100 markets are stuck in cryptopia's exchange after 51% attack, this is not just AU problem.

Coins were delisted after they did a coin review. Coins that did not meet their listing criteria were provided notice of delisting. Some of the coins I assisted in meeting the criteria and the delisting notices for some of those coins were withdrawn.

Most of those coin have not been 51% attacked are being delisted due to other criteria that they fail to meet.

But you are correct in saying that Aurumcoin and many other coins have problems. Those coins have to be removed to maintain user confidence. Coins that cannot secure their blockchain should not remain listed on any exchange.

xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:08:30 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2018, 10:46:00 AM by xtraelv

I will not invest in cryptopia before all my coins are back and all the list I gave, many coins attack like GLD and nany more. Be careful clients from this exchange.

I totally agree that people need to be careful. Be very careful when choosing to buy coins. It is not just limited to Cryptopia.

Be familiar with the risks involved with cryptocurrency:

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/RiskStatement

Many coins will fail. When Cryptopia delists coins due to failing to meet their listing criteria they often end up failing completely.

Be very careful with investing in coins because small coin networks are often targeted by scammers and hackers.

Cryptopia tries to provide some protection by delisting coins that don't meet their minimum criteria. This however does not mean that coins that remain listed by them are completely safe from exploits.

Coins like aurumcoin where the blockchain is exploited, make false claims about being backed by gold,  the blockchain does not move for months and the developers disappear are extremely high risk and will probably fail altogether.

Disclosure: As volunteer moderator I am not staff at Cryptopia. This is personal opinion. I am not authorized to speak on behalf of Cryptopia.
Cryptopia staff do not monitor this thread as it is not an official communications channel. Low quality blockchain coin networks have caused financial losses to me.

AUKING

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:54:46 AM

I will not invest in cryptopia before all my coins are back and all the list I gave, many coins attack like GLD and nany more. Be careful clients from this exchange.

I totally agree that people need to be careful. Be very careful when choosing to buy coins. It is not just limited to Cryptopia.

Many coins will fail. When Cryptopia delists coins due to failing to meet their listing criteria the end up failing completely.

Be very careful with investing in coins because small coin networks are often targeted by scammers and hackers.

Cryptopia tries to provide some protection by delisting coins that don't meet their minimum criteria. This however does not mean that coins that remain listed by them are completely safe from exploits.

Coins like aurumcoin where the blockchain is exploited, make false claims about being backed by gold,  the blockchain does not move for months and the developers disappear are extremely high risk and will probably fail altogether.

Disclosure: As volunteer moderator I am not staff at Cryptopia. This is personal opinion. I am not authorized to speak on behalf of Cryptopia.
Cryptopia staff do not monitor this thread as it is not an official communications channel. Low quality blockchain coin networks have caused financial losses to me.

Totally disagree,
Cryptopia decide which coins to add it's their responsibility.
Cryptopia will go bankrupt, mark my words.
This is too small exchange to compete major coins, so they add small coins and then getting rid of them, with no refund to customers.
AUKING

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:36:51 PM

SCAM EXCHANGE
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 02:52:01 PM

They should read this book The Go Giver.  Some people are living in fear of this exchange, some people are angry with it, and that might be one reason why the attacks are happening.  If you pay someone to host your coin, you should have a certain guarantee.   I'm sure in some cases the delisting was sincere, but in some cases I know they could have waited.  It's like this Darwinian race to keep a community/team going, and a lot of devs don't have that in them. 

paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 03:52:37 PM

Many coins will fail. When Cryptopia delists coins due to failing to meet their listing criteria the end up failing completely.

Totally disagree,
Cryptopia decide which coins to add it's their responsibility.
Cryptopia will go bankrupt, mark my words.
This is too small exchange to compete major coins, so they add small coins and then getting rid of them, with no refund to customers.

They are not a small exchange.  They said they have 120 employees in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2zVbtRCpoY

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:14:52 PM

Hey Cryptopia , any idea when you gonna reopen ARK wallets!!?? Its getting a bit ridiculous now , especially considering the wallets were open when i sent my disappeared ark there many weeks or months ago!!!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:25:49 PM

SCAM EXCHANGE

I see not a lot has changed with this exchange 

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:18:07 PM

yeah . still no problems on my side. looks like there are some issues with shitcoins abandoned by their devs, but i have had no major problems with old coins.
cryptopia should be more strict about adding new coins though. it looks like they will add anything upon paying listing fee.
But people should be aware that almost all new coins, forks, and icos are scam schemes anyway and most will be abandoned sooner or later;
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:43:41 PM

yeah . still no problems on my side. looks like there are some issues with shitcoins abandoned by their devs, but i have had no major problems with old coins.
cryptopia should be more strict about adding new coins though. it looks like they will add anything upon paying listing fee.
But people should be aware that almost all new coins, forks, and icos are scam schemes anyway and most will be abandoned sooner or later;

Yes, Cryptopia will accept new coins once they will pay entrance fee and of course some standard rules on crypto exchanges like a reliable network. What differs in Cryptopia is I never heard them delisting coins even if they have very low volumes unless there is a proven attack or when the coin is technically unsafe.   
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: