Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172888 times)
Lind

Activity: 325
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:48:23 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2019, 12:03:33 AM by Lind

Reading some of these comments, this is the most toxic... uneducated FUD I've ever seen. So many armchair experts who are suddenly versed in Police procedure, how exchanges should be run and their own version of what happened. Meanwhile the drop kick still thinks he "schooled" the "3 of us".

Nothing can be gained from posting here, fuck me for thinking I could provide some context and truth given my position but no one here wants to hear facts. Rather just spam "SCAM EXCHANGE"

Should rename this site to FUDtalk

Yea sure, here you cant delete blockchain research links, reddit links, theories as you (as entity-Topia/mod team) do on "unofficial"-discord. Btw I read the same crap" "armchair experts" from others in your ranks. Belittling people (coz butthurt(?)), who were digging data and not just shit-talking.
So arrogant, yet some of these people who sacrifice their time know their stuff. + They saw other "hacks", "scams" etc.. some of them are here since start of Crypto (even before on their fields) and some are data researcher themselves.

Angry people exist what a surprise, but you would be the same, esp in their shoes.
Others make a point even if a bit vulgar/coated with bitterness. FUD the magical word, yet you are not in kindergarten anymore. Not some shitcoin dev/fan either. (The FUD-shout is their secret weapon in many cases) + You had the choice not to reply to provocation, yet you yourself lost it too and went berserk.

How this is handled and how they (you as I understand u are part of this entity) were fcked over is the real Issue here, despite people warning them, saying delist shitcoins so they spare resources by not maintaining garbage wallets etc.. Topia failed to scale down after prices went to shit,not reorganizing stuff fast enough.

Where did the bullmarket (or lets just call it insane 2017 Crypto Spike) profits go may I ask? Obviously a big chunk (if not all) wasnt put back into the company to face the future challenges. I dare to say an 50k-100k $ BTC could cripple Topia easily with this infrastructure. (Yea I am referring to when registration was suspended/Topia crapping out and those were "golden times")

WARTHOG NETWORK - where everyone can revive again the good old days when crypto was fun -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5458046.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BenTheAnonMod

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 12:48:15 AM

Reading some of these comments, this is the most toxic... uneducated FUD I've ever seen. So many armchair experts who are suddenly versed in Police procedure, how exchanges should be run and their own version of what happened. Meanwhile the drop kick still thinks he "schooled" the "3 of us".

Nothing can be gained from posting here, fuck me for thinking I could provide some context and truth given my position but no one here wants to hear facts. Rather just spam "SCAM EXCHANGE"

Yea sure, here you cant delete blockchain research links, reddit links, theories as you (as entity-Topia/mod team) do on "unofficial"-discord. Btw I read the same crap" "armchair experts" from others in your ranks. Belittling people (coz butthurt(?)), who were digging data and not just shit-talking.
So arrogant, yet some of these people who sacrifice their time know their stuff. + They saw other "hacks", "scams" etc.. some of them are here since start of Crypto (even before on their fields) and some are data researcher themselves.

Angry people exist what a surprise, but you would be the same, esp in their shoes.
Others make a point even if a bit vulgar/coated with bitterness. FUD the magical word, yet you are not in kindergarten anymore. Not some shitcoin dev/fan either. (The FUD-shout is their secret weapon in many cases) + You had the choice not to reply to provocation, yet you yourself lost it too and went berserk.

How this is handled and how they (you as I understand u are part of this entity) were fcked over is the real Issue here, despite people warning them, saying delist shitcoins so they spare resources by not maintaining garbage wallets etc.. Topia failed to scale down after prices went to shit,not reorganizing stuff fast enough.

Where did the bullmarket (or lets just call it insane 2017 Crypto Spike) profits go may I ask? Obviously a big chunk (if not all) wasnt put back into the company to face the future challenges. I dare to say an 50k-100k $ BTC could cripple Topia easily with this infrastructure. (Yea I am referring to when registration was suspended/Topia crapping out and those were "golden times")

It is cute that you think this is me going "berserk" lol

Why would I want to delete anything here? You guys are doing a great job of showing how this forum is just full of FUD.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 01:11:06 AM

what is more toxic, the so called FUD or people losing money?

i'll just leave this link here as an example on what could happen to cryptopia users.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2892892.0
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 01:26:53 AM

So many armchair experts who are suddenly versed in Police procedure, how exchanges should be run and their own version of what happened.

Since you're unpaid moderator who has no official position at the company, this statement would apply to you also.
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 02:39:23 AM

So many armchair experts who are suddenly versed in Police procedure, how exchanges should be run and their own version of what happened.

Since you're unpaid moderator who has no official position at the company, this statement would apply to you also.

Ok this one made me fuckin lol, for real.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 03:06:59 AM

So you do have an official position at the company?
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:20:03 AM

While we wait for Lafu BenTheAnonMod to ponder a response to that question, this post from a couple of days ago is worth having another run up the flag poll:

I'll point a slight difference in wording that changes the meaning.

The police said in their latest update:
Cryptopia management have full access to their facilities and business premises and the Police investigation is not preventing their business from getting up and running again.
It means they had access, but it was limited.

But they said in their twitter update:
Update: The police have now given us access back to our building, while they continue their investigations.
Just by omitting the word "full" they changed the meaning, implying they were barred from entering the building.

I think the police statement is the more trustworthy.

As you can see Cryptopia are misleading people by implying they did not have access to the building while the New Zealand Police conducted their investigations by implying they were not allowed access.

As at 22:20 NZDST (09:20 GMT) 17/02/2019 No update of Cryptopia's website. http://archive.fo/cjew4

xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:38:51 AM

As you can see Cryptopia are misleading people by implying they did not have access to the building while the New Zealand Police conducted their investigations by implying they were not allowed access.

As at 22:20 NZDST (09:20 GMT) 17/02/2019 No update of Cryptopia's website. http://archive.fo/cjew4

Archived for future reference.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:35:45 AM
Merited by psycodad (1)

It is cute that you think this is me going "berserk" lol

Why would I want to delete anything here? You guys are doing a great job of showing how this forum is just full of FUD.

It was actually a very well worded response and you have clearly shown a lack of maturity.

You cant respond to people that are "yelling" at you and you cant respond to polite people with good arguments you clearly have no communication or people skills and should not be talking on behalf of any company Officially or unofficially especially not one that holds millions of customers money.

You may not have Deleted anything here but you did make a effort to bury anything relevant in a bunch of useless name calling messages.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:49:32 AM

While we wait for Lafu BenTheAnonMod to ponder a response to that question, this post from a couple of days ago is worth having another run up the flag poll:

I'll point a slight difference in wording that changes the meaning.

The police said in their latest update:
Cryptopia management have full access to their facilities and business premises and the Police investigation is not preventing their business from getting up and running again.
It means they had access, but it was limited.

But they said in their twitter update:
Update: The police have now given us access back to our building, while they continue their investigations.
Just by omitting the word "full" they changed the meaning, implying they were barred from entering the building.

I think the police statement is the more trustworthy.

Actually, based on this Police update here http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/police-continue-make-progress-cryptocurrency-investigation

"Cryptopia’s managers are on site at their Christchurch address"

Followed by

"and Police are expected to finish at the premises by the end of next week (Friday 15 February)."

So you think the managers of Cryptopia being in the building to assist the Police (I.e literally just being there, not system stuff... because managers wouldn't be doing that would they?)

Means that Cryptopia was in the building the whole time lying to us?

See the kind of FUD being spread here and it is literally because you're reading into the wording the way you would prefer to suit your narrative.

Then on the 15th, the Cryptopia twitter posted https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1096158617022201856

Update: The police have now given us access back to our building, while they continue their investigations. Our staff are working relentlessly to evaluate the funds that were stolen.

Meaning they have had 3 days in the building since the 15th... (technically less because its only just the 18th NOW in NZ)

Another great example of folks on here spreading misinformation to suit their version of events... Sorry to call you on your bullshit.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3038

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 12:31:14 PM

~~~~~
Dont worry i am still here but its a waste of time to post anything to you !

Meaning they have had 3 days in the building since the 15th... (technically less because its only just the 18th NOW in NZ)

@BenTheAnonMod

Dont worry Timelord knows exactly what Date and Time it is in NZ !

pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 01:11:38 PM

The most pressing concern now is "WHEN CAN WE WITHDRAW OUR MONEY FROM CRYPTOPIA?" = not a FUD

Im sure thousands of people are asking the same question and yet cryptopia team dont provide enough information on how they will handle this event.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 02:08:33 PM

The most pressing concern now is "WHEN CAN WE WITHDRAW OUR MONEY FROM CRYPTOPIA?" = not a FUD

Im sure thousands of people are asking the same question and yet cryptopia team dont provide enough information on how they will handle this event.

Because they have only been in the building for 2-3 days, there is no way they can realistically provide that kind of information yet until they can assess the damages and make plans to move forward once the full extent is known. Any reasonable person would understand this, however most assume it is as simple as flicking a switch and everything is back to normal... which is not how the real world works.
DADIBLAND

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 02:20:01 PM

Cryptopia decided not to allow users to access their accounts
THE END
KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 02:40:50 PM

Hiding behind the police, hiding behind the "FUD" word, what next?

You are a bunch of puppets that try to treat people like shit. Who does believe that this is a hack? You have done all the wrong things and now blame us? Shitty customer service, shitty disaster management, shitty scam attempt. Whatever you call does not change the fact that:

"Topia is a shitty company"
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:30:42 PM

Hey I'm in Christchurch in April any chance I can go check out the offices and say hi to the guys?

This thread has become excessively toxic its a pity used to be a good place to get info on Cryptopia. I hold a few k of funds on the exchange, can understand a hack as serious as this is going to take a lot more time to fix. It would be encouraging to meet someone and get some answers first hand.

Whatever happens I will go check out the new premises in Sydenham, I know the area well, used to live on St Asaph St opposite the Cuban.
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:32:35 PM

Hey I'm in Christchurch in April any chance I can go check out the offices and say hi to the guys?

This thread has become excessively toxic its a pity used to be a good place to get info on Cryptopia. I hold a few k of funds on the exchange, can understand a hack as serious as this is going to take a lot more time to fix. It would be encouraging to meet someone and get some answers first hand.

Whatever happens I will go check out the new premises in Sydenham, I know the area well, used to live on St Asaph St opposite the Cuban.

Can you do it and maybe post a video of the encounter? Have them on video reassuring people that everything is ok and once the investigation is over they will reopen if possible.

A video tour of the offices would be good too.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 06:07:29 PM

im not; im actually asking question 'when i'll be able to acess my account and  trade again?'  Cheesy
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:36:27 PM

im not; im actually asking question 'when i'll be able to acess my account and  trade again?'  Cheesy

same. cryptopia was good.
bisti

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:59:34 PM

Because they have only been in the building for 2-3 days, there is no way they can realistically provide that kind of information yet until they can assess the damages and make plans to move forward once the full extent is known. Any reasonable person would understand this, however most assume it is as simple as flicking a switch and everything is back to normal... which is not how the real world works.

Cut the crap man, were they wanking to each other for the past month?
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: