Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172905 times)
BenTheAnonMod

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 08:14:20 AM

We stole your coins.
Called it a hack.
And now are seeking residency in a non-extraditable banana Republic.

Please provide some proof of this.

And when does this service thread actually become a service thread?

This hasn't been a service thread for years. The OP hasn't posted on bitcointalk since 2017 and the other founder quit bitcointalk in 2016.

Wouldn't you agree Lafu and xtraelv?

This thread is a farce. I've stopped counting the deleted death threats and complete nonsense that has been deleted by the moderator.  Stop mentioning my name.

Why don't you be more transparent yourself ?

You really need to do a *Mic drop* after your posts.

Feel free to archive this by the way. If it does turn out this was an exit scam all along, I'll be the first to come in here and say I was wrong but only if you folks have the balls to do it yourself when it isn't.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 08:23:36 AM

And when does this service thread actually become a service thread?

This hasn't been a service thread for years. The OP hasn't posted on bitcointalk since 2017 and the other founder quit bitcointalk in 2016.

Oh okay my bad.
Then where is an actual service thread?
Where someone can provide details and facts officially and on the record.

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 08:27:28 AM

Oh okay my bad.
Then where is an actual service thread?
Where someone can provide details and facts officially and on the record.

Their official communication channel is twitter and through the website.

Obviously the website is still down due to the security breach. Their twitter has been giving updates roughly every 14 days.

Based on the previous frequency of their twitter posts we are probably due for one soon.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
four3200

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 08:32:43 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2019, 08:46:31 AM by four3200

TripleHeXXX https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=226346 Last Active:    January 18, 2018, 12:25:17 AM

Lurking but not posting.
Guess he's still troll-ing here under an "Anon"; dupers delight.

6436346346 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=533471 Last Active: March 22, 2018, 08:05:30 PM
Last Post:

Re: [ANN] [ ETN ] Electroneum Token 
Cryptopia will NOT be listing this scam

Thanks
Cryptopia Team

is ETN not one of top traded listings?
rather odd final remarks.

xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 09:06:13 AM

TripleHeXXX https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=226346 Last Active:    January 18, 2018, 12:25:17 AM

Lurking but not posting.
Guess he's still troll-ing here under an "Anon"; dupers delight.

6436346346 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=533471 Last Active: March 22, 2018, 08:05:30 PM
Last Post:

Re: [ANN] [ ETN ] Electroneum Token  
Cryptopia will NOT be listing this scam

Thanks
Cryptopia Team

is ETN not one of top traded listings?
rather odd final remarks.

Not at all. It is the ANN for ETN scam token NOT ETN COIN. It is a ERC20 token they are announcing there. ETN coin was listed in November 2017.

https://archive.fo/1QAkw In their ANN they were claiming that they will be listed on Cryptopia. He was expressing that they will never be listed and they have never been listed there.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
four3200

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 09:09:21 AM

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ

Is as vapid as can be.

13-16 daily updates that started with a lie and ended in omission that they were hacked.
"We are still experiencing unscheduled maintenance. Our team is working hard to resolve this and we will provide an update soon."
Stated 3 times.

then silence for a full month, with except of posting a link
http://www.police.govt.nz/news/release/police-making-progress-crypto-currency-investigation
released jan-22 but only tweeted @Cryptopia_NZ on Jan 27

finally
Feb 14
Update: The police have now given us access back to our building, while they continue their investigations. Our staff are working relentlessly to evaluate the funds that were stolen.

What were the co-operating staff and police doing for a full month?
Not evaluating exactly what funds that were stolen?

This above is the sum total of any communication.

Three lines of communication.

1 - misdirect with "unscheduled maintenance"
2 - hide behind no comment cuz investigation
3 - month later "We are open" "But not open, and don't know what was stolen"

4 - Send troll monkeys out to the forums once the obvious is obvious:
  a) We got hacked but provided the public no block trail to follow, which would likely recover or at least freeze the loot.
OR  
  b) That's the plan.  Obscure the tracks.

psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1582

精神分析的爸

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 09:13:33 AM

Everything, everyone has said in here is being archived and will be hilarious once the truth comes out. You especially. As I've already said, can't imagine why someone promoting SEXcoin would be mad at Cryptopia...

Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=2547529 is a truth you can't avoid:

BenTheAnonMod (a paid employee of Cryptopia) is displaying a distasteful lack of empathy towards customers who are genuinely worried about their crypto savings post hack of January 2019.

http://archive.fo/Mj4Am#selection-6165.0-6165.62

I can't compel anyone reading this to follow my lead, but it's a very poor form by a paid employee of Cryptopia {1} to abuse those who have genuine concerns about where their funds have gone.

{1} At least you *claim* to be a paid employee of Cryptopia don't you? (1) (2)

I like how you keep avoiding my SEXcoin point every time I mention it, agenda confirmed.

Do I?

Archived for future reference: http://archive.fo/xmyp6#selection-3161.0-3161.88

Proved my point again and didn't answer my question again, See folks he's promoting SEXcoin which got delisted from Cryptopia for not meeting their listing standards. No wonder he is pushing an Anti Cryptopia agenda, you aren't even remotely subtle.

You forget to mention that they always strictly avoided pointing out which exact criteria of their listing standards were hurt when they (instantly) delisted coins, they just pointed generally to their "listing standards". Not to speak about letting devs know about problems they find so that they could fix them.
Also one has to really wonder how the coins got listed in the first place, given they charge a huge amount to list (and supposedly check the sources for weaknesses and problems).

It only shows Cryptopias general attitude towards their customers that people that are scared having lost their money get insulted from you as spreading FUD and whatever. One could even think you are an agent provocateur from another exchange as you make Cryptopia look even worse than it already does after 40days of complete silence.

four3200

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 09:16:39 AM

Anyone with information which could assist the investigation can contact police by email at crypto@police.govt.nz

during investigation they said police didnt allow us to give info to users NOW WHY YOU KEEP SILENT and now they continue to drain people's money 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
from twitter post==> https://twitter.com/footballelixir/status/1098964397500874754
For the first time since the Cryptopia hack their Skycoin funds have been moved today. 671k SKY were sent to this address, which seems to contain all $SKY from their old withdrawal address and the funds stored in individual deposit addresses:
https://explorer.skycoin.net/app/address/3kPN4pfnLPWVJ3sXaaqELSyYabkXVb5mpx/1

Funds are moving.

An inside job is more likely given the lack of communication.

BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 09:38:48 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2019, 09:49:22 AM by BenTheAnonMod

Everything, everyone has said in here is being archived and will be hilarious once the truth comes out. You especially. As I've already said, can't imagine why someone promoting SEXcoin would be mad at Cryptopia...

Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=2547529 is a truth you can't avoid:

BenTheAnonMod (a paid employee of Cryptopia) is displaying a distasteful lack of empathy towards customers who are genuinely worried about their crypto savings post hack of January 2019.

I can't compel anyone reading this to follow my lead, but it's a very poor form by a paid employee of Cryptopia {1} to abuse those who have genuine concerns about where their funds have gone.

I like how you keep avoiding my SEXcoin point every time I mention it, agenda confirmed.

Do I?

Proved my point again and didn't answer my question again, See folks he's promoting SEXcoin which got delisted from Cryptopia for not meeting their listing standards. No wonder he is pushing an Anti Cryptopia agenda, you aren't even remotely subtle.

You forget to mention that they always strictly avoided pointing out which exact criteria of their listing standards were hurt when they (instantly) delisted coins, they just pointed generally to their "listing standards". Not to speak about letting devs know about problems they find so that they could fix them.
Also one has to really wonder how the coins got listed in the first place, given they charge a huge amount to list (and supposedly check the sources for weaknesses and problems).

It only shows Cryptopias general attitude towards their customers that people that are scared having lost their money get insulted from you as spreading FUD and whatever. One could even think you are an agent provocateur from another exchange as you make Cryptopia look even worse than it already does after 40days of complete silence.

Does anyone actually have any proof in here? You know you can't just say shit without proving it right?
Also Cryptopia doesnt "instantly" delist coins, their knowledge base site specifically states when a coin was announced to be delisted and when it will be delisted (usually a month later).

You can't bullshit me mate.
Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 10:36:18 AM

I know everyone is an expert in here and has multiple exchanges of their own and are happy to state how THEY or Cryptopia SHOULD have done things but thats not the case.
Some of use here are business owners or have been involved in the management of a business and we know very well how customer relations should be handled. What Cryptopia is doing - keeping silent - is at least suspicious and very worrying from a customer relations perspective. Effectively severing relations with your customers and perhaps sending some anonymous persons to annoy the user base shows that you don't want customers any more.

Also Cryptopia doesnt "instantly" delist coins, their knowledge base site specifically states when a coin was announced to be delisted and when it will be delisted (usually a month later).
Actually they did just that - they suspended trading at the moment of the announcement, that's an effective delisting.

One could even think you are an agent provocateur from another exchange as you make Cryptopia look even worse than it already does after 40days of complete silence.
Nothing prevents them from setting the record straight, to announce the facts and any future plans, to put their customers' minds at ease. But they don't do it. I only know of one such instance when you keep silent despite making things worse by doing so: when the lawyers tell you to say nothing further in order not to draw any (more) personal liability.
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 10:45:22 AM

I know everyone is an expert in here and has multiple exchanges of their own and are happy to state how THEY or Cryptopia SHOULD have done things but thats not the case.
Some of use here are business owners or have been involved in the management of a business and we know very well how customer relations should be handled. What Cryptopia is doing - keeping silent - is at least suspicious and very worrying from a customer relations perspective. Effectively severing relations with your customers and perhaps sending some anonymous persons to annoy the user base shows that you don't want customers any more.

Actually they did just that - they suspended trading at the moment of the announcement, that's an effective delisting.

Why would they continue to allow trading of a coin that doesn't meet their listing standards that is being delisted? You're saying they should allow people sell the coin that doesn't meet their listing standards on the exchange, rather than withdraw it elsewhere like they do.
xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 10:49:54 AM

I've lobbied on behalf a couple of coins that were queued to be delisted and got it reversed after fixing the issues that started the delisting process.

The delisting criteria is clearly stated on their website and it is no mystery why coins get delisted.

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=5d7482d2db9e9bc032a664a14a96199f
https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=b8aa010ddb452b80d7e096888a961934

I've had it a number of times where the coin dev was aware of the issue for a long time prior to delisting process starting but did nothing qbout it but messaged me to help them within hours of the markets being paused.  

When the issues were fixed the delisting process was stopped and the paused market resumed trading.

BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:01:06 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2019, 11:17:49 AM by BenTheAnonMod

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=3139d4a1dbed1f009990f6fcbf96192c

"PLEASE NOTE: Cryptopia aims to give at least one (1) month notice before decommissioning a coin or wallet. However, in some instances an immediate delist is required to protect our users. From 1 April 2018, when a coin is being delisted, a notification email will be sent to all users holding that coin."

So proof that they always give 1 month warning UNLESS it is an immediate threat as to protect their user base.

Anyone else want to spread misinformation?

DADIBLAND

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:24:42 AM

CRYPTOPIA

THE END
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:53:41 AM

Once Cryptopia does announce their plans to move forward, what ever they may be. I look forward to how many of you will come and say you were wrong, unlikely that any will have the guts to do so. But don't worry, everything is being archived and will be posted in detail showing all the FUDers to be what they really are. I'll post a link to that thread in here too.

xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:06:10 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2019, 12:18:45 PM by xtraelv

Once Cryptopia does announce their plans to move forward, what ever they may be. I look forward to how many of you will come and say you were wrong, unlikely that any will have the guts to do so. But don't worry, everything is being archived and will be posted in detail showing all the FUDers to be what they really are. I'll post a link to that thread in here too.

What is the point of that ? Some people you will never convince. It is a waste of energy and what the ignore button was designed for.

A lot of the nonsense posted here are just a couple of people who if you look at their history do that all the time.

It is quite understandable that people are upset. I am too. But it does not excuse some of the unreasonable claims and threats being made against the people that are sorting this out.

Most of the staff, shareholders, CEFs holders and coin devs that have listed coins are in the same position as the standard members of the exchange. Most of them will have crypto balances on the exchange, investments that are reliant on the exchange and few or no answers. There are many coins that are reliant on the exchange for trading volume.  It is in everyones interest to get this sorted out so everyone can have some answers.

Coincheck took 10 months to re-open. I think Cryptopia deserves more than 9 days back in their premises to provide some answers.

Most people I have spoken to have faith in the current Cryptopia management to provide answers and a solution.

ju34400

Merit: 511

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:19:46 PM

of course FUD and threat are useless, but you as a topia mod you are more than useless here
and i encourage everyone to ignore you
For now nobody can prove at 100% if scam exit or incompetence but it won't change the fact they are liar and doesn't care about their customers
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1582

精神分析的爸

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:45:37 PM

Do I?

Does anyone actually have any proof in here? You know you can't just say shit without proving it right?

First, when saying delisting I mean halted trading and deposits. For at least the following coins that happened out of the blue and without prior announcement and without any of these coins suffering even an attack:
GEN, SPACE, SJW

I am sure we could find many others where that was the case.

As you seem completely unable to have a polite choice of wording in a conversation I'll refrain from further replies to your posts. I am sure that makes me some <fill-in-rude-obscenity> but then again...
I could even care less if Cryptopia wouldn't owe me ~0.3 BTC which thanks to rallying prices are meanwhile worth even a bit more.

BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 12:57:53 PM

Do I?

First, when saying delisting I mean halted trading and deposits. For at least the following coins that happened out of the blue and without prior announcement and without any of these coins suffering even an attack:
GEN, SPACE, SJW

I am sure we could find many others where that was the case.

As you seem completely unable to have a polite choice of wording in a conversation I'll refrain from further replies to your posts. I am sure that makes me some <fill-in-rude-obscenity> but then again...
I could even care less if Cryptopia wouldn't owe me ~0.3 BTC which thanks to rallying prices are meanwhile worth even a bit more.

You just answered your own point... Why would they allow deposits and trading if they want the coin OFF the exchange because it doesn't meet their requirements? Hence withdrawing the coin elsewhere...

as I said above, the only time a coin would be delisted without warning is...

"However, in some instances an immediate delist is required to protect our users."

As per https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=3139d4a1dbed1f009990f6fcbf96192c

So, there is your answer.

Really what you're saying is "Fuck Cryptopia for not letting me dump my holdings of the coin they will delist" Be honest.
KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 01:04:13 PM

I have a feeling that topia will be back because paid puppets still talk here...
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: