Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426872 times)
giowck

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:48:41 PM

I didn't read all pages for obvious reason...

ccminer doesn't work with my GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
It hashes but doesn't submit anything to pool server.

Why is that? Is my card not supported?

as stated in the Readme file, CUDA Compute 3.0 or better is now required
which rules out Fermi cards.

You can try Bombadil's inofficial compute 2.0 build but it doesn't support
all hashing algorithms (X11 is still supported).

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nomad1109

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

Christian,

Any hints on what could be next? I know you are still working on a way to release killer groestl, but anything else on your radar in the future like algos or other changes?

It is always an exciting time when you add something.... and trying to not think about all that JPC I sold for 2 Sat well. Smiley

Thanks for any hopeful thoughts you care to share!

cbuchner1 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:59:56 PM

Christian,

Any hints on what could be next? I know you are still working on a way to release killer groestl, but anything else on your radar in the future like algos or other changes?

yes working on a new algo.

Christian
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Someone sold 6mil and cracked the price again to 21

Yeah this coin is so tiny that even a small trader with 5-10BTC could easily manipulate the price.

how do they do that?
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:06:12 PM

Someone sold 6mil and cracked the price again to 21

Yeah this coin is so tiny that even a small trader with 5-10BTC could easily manipulate the price.

how do they do that?

by selling and buying Wink

cayars

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:22:43 PM

You would have to switch algo aswell so i dont think that would work. What we need is the miner to do the following

Start stratum
Connect
Check algo
Start the mining thread for the stratum supplied algo

Everytime a new block is found or the stratum points elsewhere, it checks algo, if different then end the miner and start a new mining thread using the new algo

It would allow a multipool that would work with anything ccminer will work for

I was just asking for something much simpler.  Just like slush's miner-proxy.exe for windows.  Only problem with this program is that it only supports SHA and Script.  If it supported x11 I'd be set.

While I like the idea of a multipool it still won't fit everyone.

For example I might want to mine a different coin with my AMD GPUs then I do with my nVidia as they each do better on different protocols.

Or even just considering purely ccminer compatible cards there will be disagreement with the coin to use.  For example right now some would want JackPot and others DarkCoin.  Maybe someone else would want HiroCoin or SecureCoin.  Now if the pool was going to autoconvert to btc then it's a mute point as you would want to mine the absolute most profitable coin at the moment because it will be dumped.

Ideally a pool operator would set up something like this:
sha-256 port 1
script port 2
quark port 3
x11 port 4
groestl port 5
keccek port 6
hvc port 7
mnr port 8
jackpot port 9
etc

The pool operator then make sure that each type above is pointing to the most profitable coin of that type.  This way if someone had an ASIC they could point it at port 1 or port 2 depending on type.  Anyone with CGMiner could point to say port 4 to mine the most profitable x11 coin. Same could be done with ccminer without mods.

However, where it would get interesting is for the pool operator to run a separate simple web service that simply return a message with the order of each algo profitable wise. Example "x11(4),quark(3),jackpot(9),mnr(Cool,script(2),etc".   Most people would just switch to the most profitable coin and in this example "x11(4)" would know to switch to x11 algo and use port 4.

By doing it this way I person could put in a config file certain algos to ignore such as "sha-256" or "script" because they know it will crash the computer due to tuning or running to hot.  The inverse could also be done where you have to manually setup only the algo you want to run (and have tested).

ccminer could easily be retrofitted to make a call every X minutes to the webservice to check for the most profitable coin.  Or could be set to check after every new block is found.

Anyone could probably also write a small quick program that could check for the algo/port to run on and fire off a batch file to run other programs like cgminer also. Of course this would be the "brute force" way by killing off the current process if it needs to switch to a new coin and then starting a new version with the correct command line.

Hell the web service could also return a profitability index with the most profitable getting a 100 score.  For example X11 could get 100 while jackpot returns 92.  This would allow people with a "certain fondness" for a particular coin to favor it unless something scores X amount more.  ie I want to mine jackpot unless something is 10% more valuable.

Something like the above is the way I'd envision it to work.

Carlo

PS But right now I'm just looking for a simple way I can change x11 pools from a central location. Smiley
Hmm, maybe I just setup the simple webservice I just mentioned and take the "brute force approach" I just mentioned.
cryptomines

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:33:16 PM

Christian,

yes working on a new algo.

Christian

New armament, sweet...

You guys rock!

cayars

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:40:59 PM

Take your guess as to what C&C are working on.

I'll go with X13.
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:49:04 PM

I'll go with X13.

well we started with RouletteCoin a while ago, but work on it stalled when a fairly efficient AMD miner was released after Dave Andersen spilled the beans on how to do it efficiently Wink

It would have given us some new algorithms that would also have been useful for X13.

So it's neither Roulette nor X13.
he-man

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:01:05 PM

Blake-256 algo ofc..

Donate if you like he-man Wink

8bgxSh44Gx9fHtn5AKnWXEuVz9vgvfgREd
cayars

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:19:40 PM

I'll go with X13.

well we started with RouletteCoin a while ago, but work on it stalled when a fairly efficient AMD miner was released after Dave Andersen spilled the beans on how to do it efficiently Wink

It would have given us some new algorithms that would also have been useful for X13.

So it's neither Roulette nor X13.

How about C&C-512 then.

The coin mined by those in the know. LOL
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 10:34:54 PM

You would have to switch algo aswell so i dont think that would work. What we need is the miner to do the following

Start stratum
Connect
Check algo
Start the mining thread for the stratum supplied algo

Everytime a new block is found or the stratum points elsewhere, it checks algo, if different then end the miner and start a new mining thread using the new algo

It would allow a multipool that would work with anything ccminer will work for

I was just asking for something much simpler.  Just like slush's miner-proxy.exe for windows.  Only problem with this program is that it only supports SHA and Script.  If it supported x11 I'd be set.

While I like the idea of a multipool it still won't fit everyone.

For example I might want to mine a different coin with my AMD GPUs then I do with my nVidia as they each do better on different protocols.

Or even just considering purely ccminer compatible cards there will be disagreement with the coin to use.  For example right now some would want JackPot and others DarkCoin.  Maybe someone else would want HiroCoin or SecureCoin.  Now if the pool was going to autoconvert to btc then it's a mute point as you would want to mine the absolute most profitable coin at the moment because it will be dumped.

Ideally a pool operator would set up something like this:
sha-256 port 1
script port 2
quark port 3
x11 port 4
groestl port 5
keccek port 6
hvc port 7
mnr port 8
jackpot port 9
etc

The pool operator then make sure that each type above is pointing to the most profitable coin of that type.  This way if someone had an ASIC they could point it at port 1 or port 2 depending on type.  Anyone with CGMiner could point to say port 4 to mine the most profitable x11 coin. Same could be done with ccminer without mods.

However, where it would get interesting is for the pool operator to run a separate simple web service that simply return a message with the order of each algo profitable wise. Example "x11(4),quark(3),jackpot(9),mnr(Cool,script(2),etc".   Most people would just switch to the most profitable coin and in this example "x11(4)" would know to switch to x11 algo and use port 4.

By doing it this way I person could put in a config file certain algos to ignore such as "sha-256" or "script" because they know it will crash the computer due to tuning or running to hot.  The inverse could also be done where you have to manually setup only the algo you want to run (and have tested).

ccminer could easily be retrofitted to make a call every X minutes to the webservice to check for the most profitable coin.  Or could be set to check after every new block is found.

Anyone could probably also write a small quick program that could check for the algo/port to run on and fire off a batch file to run other programs like cgminer also. Of course this would be the "brute force" way by killing off the current process if it needs to switch to a new coin and then starting a new version with the correct command line.

Hell the web service could also return a profitability index with the most profitable getting a 100 score.  For example X11 could get 100 while jackpot returns 92.  This would allow people with a "certain fondness" for a particular coin to favor it unless something scores X amount more.  ie I want to mine jackpot unless something is 10% more valuable.

Something like the above is the way I'd envision it to work.

Carlo

PS But right now I'm just looking for a simple way I can change x11 pools from a central location. Smiley
Hmm, maybe I just setup the simple webservice I just mentioned and take the "brute force approach" I just mentioned.
I didn't read all your post, but I am happy this monstrosity pool doesn't exist yet and hope it will never exist.
First, as everybody knows, multipool are bad for coins (here putting every coin in monstropool will kill them all (strange that you included MNR a coin you actively support because putting it in a multipool won't do it a favour... or may-be we should start dumping it if it the way their supporters think... )
Second, I still like to use my own brain to decide what is good (or not) to mine. And generally my own judgement is doing better than multipool not because I am better but because multipool are just levelling the price of all coin to the lowest acceptable rate for miners (and even lower than that... because ? because it is always better than nothing  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
christian1980

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:39:38 PM

Is there a way that ccminer will close itself if something like this happens?
If it crashes like this, only a small rate of shares will still be sent to the pool.

Thanks.
yes. modify cpu-miner.c and add this code before this string https://github.com/cbuchner1/ccminer/blob/master/cpu-miner.c#L932
Code:
	if (thr_hashrates[thr_id] > 1e8){
applog(LOG_ERR, "abnormal hashes %f, exiting with code 211!", thr_hashrates[thr_id]);
exit(211);
        }

you can choose custom error Wink
I'm on windows 8.1. How do I modify the cpu-miner.c ?  Also, When it messes up  like that is it actually still mining?

I hope cbuchner1 will integrate this patch into the main releases.
If you have this error, youll loose most of your hashing power.

Thanks again, zelante.
I can confirm that this patch is working and you are able to restart ccminer in combination with a bat file if you have this error.
bigjme

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:08:06 PM

I didn't read all your post, but I am happy this monstrosity pool doesn't exist yet and hope it will never exist.
First, as everybody knows, multipool are bad for coins (here putting every coin in monstropool will kill them all (strange that you included MNR a coin you actively support because putting it in a multipool won't do it a favour... or may-be we should start dumping it if it the way their supporters think... )
Second, I still like to use my own brain to decide what is good (or not) to mine. And generally my own judgement is doing better than multipool not because I am better but because multipool are just levelling the price of all coin to the lowest acceptable rate for miners (and even lower than that... because ? because it is always better than nothing  Grin

My intention for what i posted was more so ccminer only points to a locally run stratum server. That forwards it to where ever you want. So if you decide you want to switch algo, instead of shutting down ccminer, sorting out the new batch file, then starting them up, it would use the stratum to get the algo and just switch over.

Not many uses other then laziness but this way could perhaps allow for a simple failover. So without shutting off ccminer is can move to the second choice and switch algo.

I think i might have a look into writing cpu-miner at some point. Even if its just to make things slightly easier to follow

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
cayars

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:15:10 PM

Sorry to tell you then I already started working on it, so I know it's coming.  Roll Eyes

I included MNR because it's an algo ccminer supports.  I personally wouldn't want to see it dumped but if it somehow/someway was the most profitable coin to mine then so be it.  Of course I could also take coins mined, sell them and buy MNR which helps to build a buy wall or remove lower for sale coins aka BlackCoin pool style.

There are all ready many multipools but they specialize in one particular algo.  What I described just takes it to the next level of mining profit.  I think this will become even more useful as time goes by with more people buying nvidia hardware and also still have AMD GPUs.  At any time CGminer might do better mining one type of coin where CCminer does better on another coin. CCminer could support a algo/coin that CGminer doesn't or vice versa so there is starting to be the need for this type of "fancy multipool control".

Concerning individual coins: Of course you can always do better or worse yourself by picking specific coins.  You may not want to mine and dump but want to mine and save coins speculating they will go up in price.  Of course they could also tank or have problems too (SYNC is a good example of that right now). HVC was also a recent coin that many people mined and held thinking the price would go up but it did nothing but fall. Blackcoin, etc

Yes, maybe it does hurt many coins but frankly we have too many as it is.  They are popping up at a crazy rate.  Some newer coins like HVC/MNR use methods that are better then GW at changing diff when hash rates suddenly change.  Coins in the future will need to adopt better ways of handling multipools as they are here to stay.

Likewise, coins need to plan for multipools upfront.  They need to have something unique about them, that defines them, that gives them value. ie Curecoin if done better. Jackpot with that big pot no one wants to miss, etc.

Just curious but what are you currently mining?

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:47:52 PM

I'll go with X13.

Thinking C&C have "sensed" the big bucks to be made on Monero. Even if GPUs would have only a slight performance increase over a high spec CPU, there's some massive potential there. I think other coins are following suit to increase their privacy features (myself a confessed CACHE fan  Cool), but Monero is a very special case in this regard (if it keeps making the right steps as it moves forward).

If anyone else wants to make this one a 'bounty', I'll be happy to pledge 1 week's worth of a 750TI mining Monero, as long as the mining performance is above that of a reasonable spec CPU (say the i7 4770K for example). Preferably many times faster  Grin

Happy mining,
~ Myagui

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 11:50:36 PM

Sorry to tell you then I already started working on it, so I know it's coming.  Roll Eyes

I included MNR because it's an algo ccminer supports.  I personally wouldn't want to see it dumped but if it somehow/someway was the most profitable coin to mine then so be it.  Of course I could also take coins mined, sell them and buy MNR which helps to build a buy wall or remove lower for sale coins aka BlackCoin pool style.

There are all ready many multipools but they specialize in one particular algo.  What I described just takes it to the next level of mining profit.  I think this will become even more useful as time goes by with more people buying nvidia hardware and also still have AMD GPUs.  At any time CGminer might do better mining one type of coin where CCminer does better on another coin. CCminer could support a algo/coin that CGminer doesn't or vice versa so there is starting to be the need for this type of "fancy multipool control".

Concerning individual coins: Of course you can always do better or worse yourself by picking specific coins.  You may not want to mine and dump but want to mine and save coins speculating they will go up in price.  Of course they could also tank or have problems too (SYNC is a good example of that right now). HVC was also a recent coin that many people mined and held thinking the price would go up but it did nothing but fall. Blackcoin, etc

Yes, maybe it does hurt many coins but frankly we have too many as it is.  They are popping up at a crazy rate.  Some newer coins like HVC/MNR use methods that are better then GW at changing diff when hash rates suddenly change.  Coins in the future will need to adopt better ways of handling multipools as they are here to stay.

Likewise, coins need to plan for multipools upfront.  They need to have something unique about them, that defines them, that gives them value. ie Curecoin if done better. Jackpot with that big pot no one wants to miss, etc.

Just curious but what are you currently mining?

JPC and Curecoin (at least I am safe from this crap...).

I agree there are too many coin mostly X11 and scrypt and they have no other utility than being food for multipools.
Now, I don't see why it would be more useful as people are buying nvidia cards (you should say, it is useful to me, as it is a good opportunity for me to make profit with those wanting to buy nvidia...  Grin the other way around is not obvious...).
I mean we did pretty well without you or such multipool so far, we had our niche coins (rare but profitable for a while) those will just disappear because of that multipool as they will be sold for instant profit (dumping large amount on coin each time it starts to raise, well they won't raise anymore).

(I don't even mention that multipool are a plague for those who like solo mining)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cryptomines

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:01:22 AM

I'd say the new alto is cryptonight, but I heard the one who whispered lost their voice, so I am not sure..... I thought I saw something about a new Cpu only algo called ocean in the announcement thread....Maybe..
cayars

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:28:09 AM

djm34,

For starters I don't need to run a pool per say.  I just want to be able to control what I currently have.

So I already wrote an app for windows that can launch any program like ccminer or cgminer with the proper app path and hand over arguments. This is basically a batch file replacement at this point.  However it will be able to talk to a web service to request info on what to run. I'll start it simple by having it check every 5 minutes for an update.  If there is a flag set that the "command line" arguments have changed on the backend it will fetch the new command line, terminate the current miner and start up a new one with the current info. If the "change flag" isn't set then it just checks again in 5 minutes. I'll modify miners later but for now this will work for what I want it to do.

I'll also setup a "backup" config to be used so if anything goes wrong in the communication of the "miner" and the backend, so the local client will know to revert to X configuration.  This too will be updatable on the backend so any time it changes it will get moved down to the local client, just in case...

I'll setup the backend so a username and "rig" number can be passed in (ie cayars.1 or cayars.miner1) so it can check to see if the command line has changed. ie the flag is set or not.

The backend web service will just pull this info from a database table.  So with little time spent I have accomplished what I originally set out to do which is to allow central control over cpu and gpu miners I run.

Then I can get fancy and throw a web interface on top of it to control the miners from a web browser.  I'll make it multiuser of course so others can use it.

Next I can use different APIs to pull info from Mintpal and other exchanges and do profit calculations on the fly or every few minutes on the backend.  If profit of a coin changes then it can automatically adjust the "command lines" for the miners. ie change the algo/kernal, port and pull the default arguments used for that algo/kernal like overclocking, thread concurrency etc that are stored for each kernel.

At this point I'm not running any pools but have just created a nifty way to auto switch between any other coin, pool or multi-pool. Basically just a central place to control things that anyone can use.

Next and last if I wanted would be to run my own pools but I doubt that is something I'd want to do.  No need really as I've already accomplished what I wanted to do in order to make sure I'm mining the most profitable coin at the moment.

I didn't mention earlier but for each "rig" which could be a cpu or gpu or set of them (machine), I'd set default mining speeds for different algos.  This way the "profit calc" could determine properly the best coin or pool to use for each card or miner (cc or cg, or cpu).

But for starters I just want a simple master way to control all my different configs. What I just described allows me to accomplish that and to advance it in stages that make sense to my use.

Does that sound less "scary" to you?  Grin

Carlo
cayars

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:38:00 AM

Chris,

Request for next release.  Any chance you could track the hash rate of submissions over 30 or 60 seconds and write the average out to the screen?

IE add up all submitted hash rates in the last 60 seconds and divide by 60. Then just write "average hash for last 60 seconds=xxx" or something similar.

OR a much simpler method is to just average the last 10 submissions. Write this out to the screen. Clear everything and start over. No timing calcs needed this way.
Using 10 would pretty make it easy to find one "AVERAGE" on the screen any time you look at it.

This IMHO would be really nice as the hash rate tends to jump around a lot and it's hard to get a feel for the average hash rate at times  This should be pretty simple and would be a nice simple addition.

Carlo
Pages: « 1 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: