Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:19:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 suspended on 16st Mar 2021  (Read 143282 times)
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 08:45:43 PM

I want to know, why YOLOdice are not allowing more than one connection from same API key, even with another one, to bet with same account with two opened bots for example?!
Why do you need to bet from two bots at once?

I am too lazy to test, but does "read_site_data" API already include LTC data?

Hi,

there is an updated API site: https://dev.yolodice.com. Yes, read_site_data include LTC data too.

I might be working on REST API too if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Ethan

I can see why that would be helpful for some people who just want to scrape the site for data (like dicesites.com), but I'm amazed at the stability of the TLS API. At first I was wary of being able to get it working, but after I did, AM often goes days without a reconnect. Most of the time it reconnects because my network changed/I had to restart my machine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ethan_nx (OP)

Activity: 745
Merit: 471

Admin at YOLOdice.com - fast, fair, play/invest.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 10:06:13 PM

I want to know, why YOLOdice are not allowing more than one connection from same API key, even with another one, to bet with same account with two opened bots for example?!

OK, here's the real reason: all bets are being placed in order, first-in-first-served. No bets can be placed at the very same time, therefore we use database locking and queuing internally.

Now, bets from the same user require a bit different (more) locking and queuing than bets from distinct users. In other words - we can create bets from distinct users with better concurrency (and more throughput) than bets from the same user. Because of this even if we allowed simultaneous betting from multiple clients, there would be no (or very little) performance gains in terms of bets per second.

We want  to avoid is keeping a per-user queue of to-be-executed bets on our servers because this would increase resources required to run the service.

Besides, it's not that we "forbid" using multiple clients placing bets at the same time. It's just when client A sends a "create_bet" method and client B sends a request "create_bet" before this first "create_bet" request gets processed, client B gets an error.

Cheers,
Ethan

RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:14:32 PM

Ethan, it seems you missed a string Wink I'm sure they would love to have won that much though
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:03:16 AM

Ethan, it seems you missed a string Wink I'm sure they would love to have won that much though

Thanks! The fix is being uploaded. That's my biggest nightmare - mixing coins. Someone bets LTC, but wins BTC :-)

Cheers,
Ethan

air139

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:08:34 AM

looking forward to investing ltc
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2125

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:46:28 AM

Thanks! The fix is being uploaded. That's my biggest nightmare - mixing coins. Someone bets LTC, but wins BTC :-)

Cheers,
Ethan

A small suggestion: remove LTC option from investment coin select instead of disabling it, since it's pretty frustrating for users to click on something and get absolutely no response.

Also, are you planning to open LTC investments later? ETA?

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:55:31 PM

Why do you need to bet from two bots at once?

Mostly is to get some jackpot, many people doing this intentionally to aim the jackpot, I saw many sites that offer jackpot, many people are trying to abuse it by playing more than one bot, more rolls mean higher chances that you will hit the jackpot right? It will be better to have 2 bots rather than 1 bot, more over if the bot is really slow
Kiritsugu
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:02:58 PM

We've just launched a new competition in celebration of Litecoin integration - come check it out!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766494.0
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:23:22 PM

Good to see the competition has gone live now.
I would rather bet with litecoin, I don't know about others who are using the site but I love that option being available now.
The more variety the better! Wink

Also didn't notice that glitch before with betting with ltc and it showing it won as btc.

I just bet that user was surprised when he saw that amount for the ltc he spent on the wager to get back 40x more($12000 per btc as $300~ltc) of his winnings. Shocked

More viewed as a bonus! Grin
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:30:12 PM

Good to see the competition has gone live now.
I would rather bet with litecoin, I don't know about others who are using the site but I love that option being available now.
The more variety the better! Wink

Also didn't notice that glitch before with betting with ltc and it showing it won as btc.

I just bet that user was surprised when he saw that amount for the ltc he spent on the wager to get back 40x more($12000 per btc as $300~ltc) of his winnings. Shocked

More viewed as a bonus! Grin

"Cross-coin betting" - only at YOLOdice.com :-)

valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:59:14 PM

Hey Ethan!

Thanks for continuing working on YoloDice as usual Cheesy
Is LTC a one time thing or do you plann in integrating more and more coins as time goes by?
I'm not interested in LTC but I got some stacks of ETH and Monero that could be used for that ^^

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:08:32 PM

YoloDice does not cease to amaze. Will there be new contests with a large prize pool?
Kiritsugu
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:35:17 PM

Hey Ethan!

Thanks for continuing working on YoloDice as usual Cheesy
Is LTC a one time thing or do you plann in integrating more and more coins as time goes by?
I'm not interested in LTC but I got some stacks of ETH and Monero that could be used for that ^^
Currently BTC and LTC are all we have, but we will be adding more in the future.  With the way Ethan re-designed YOLOdice (the backend), it should be much easier for him to add other coins in the future.  I know he has considered both ETH and Monero, but he has not reached any conclusions yet, so for now we just have to wait. Smiley
Kiritsugu
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:35:43 PM

YoloDice does not cease to amaze. Will there be new contests with a large prize pool?
There already is, in case you missed it earlier in the thread. Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2766494.0
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:56:50 PM

Currently BTC and LTC are all we have, but we will be adding more in the future.  ...

On the one hand it is great that LTC has been added to YOLODice. Especially,
because it allows people, who gamble with small amounts to make fast and
cheap deposits once again.

However, I´m wondering whether LTC was really the best addition out of all
the available altcoins. The decision of Charlie Lee to sell all of his Litecoin
doesn´t look particularly promising for the future of the coin. His reasoning
is also doubtful at the very least, because he suddenly discovers a conflict of interest
when previously he had no problem with it while working at Coinbase.
Personally, I think that it is entirely possible that LTC would have never been added
to Coinbase if Lee would have never started working there.

I´m looking forward to the addition of another altcoin that is not LTC.
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 09:02:02 PM

Currently BTC and LTC are all we have, but we will be adding more in the future.  ...

On the one hand it is great that LTC has been added to YOLODice. Especially,
because it allows people, who gamble with small amounts to make fast and
cheap deposits once again.

the available altcoins. The decision of Charlie Lee to sell all of his Litecoin
doesn´t look particularly promising for the future of the coin. His reasoning
is also doubtful at the very least, because he suddenly discovers a conflict of interest
when previously he had no problem with it while working at Coinbase.
Personally, I think that it is entirely possible that LTC would have never been added
to Coinbase if Lee would have never started working there.

I´m looking forward to the addition of another altcoin that is not LTC.

IIRC Ethan has stated that adding more coins would be easier now that YD has a multi-coin framework set up. Adding LTC seems like the easiest first choice because of how very similar it is to BTC.
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:49:09 AM

the available altcoins.

Litecoin is well established for sure and we wanted a coin like that. Plus, Litecoin mimics Bitcoin technically so it was easy plugging into the wallet software itself. The biggest obstacle was changing YD code and data structures to handle more than one coin.

Personally I think Ethereum is worth aadding, but it's based on a very different technology, so it's not a direct plug-in. But we can start working on it now.

Other than that, I am looking at Monero. Some of its privacy features make me believe this coin has a future.

But I am open to any suggestions - any coin you think is worth adding, tell me!

Cheers,
Ethan

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:55:41 PM

Litecoin is well established for sure and we wanted a coin like that. Plus, Litecoin mimics Bitcoin technically so it was easy plugging into the wallet software itself. The biggest obstacle was changing YD code and data structures to handle more than one coin.

Personally I think Ethereum is worth aadding, but it's based on a very different technology, so it's not a direct plug-in. But we can start working on it now.

Other than that, I am looking at Monero. Some of its privacy features make me believe this coin has a future.

Cheers,
Ethan

I´m pretty much open to any other altcoin and have no concrete idea, I just have some doubts regarding Litecoin since
Charlie Lee sold all of his Litecoin - pretty much at the all-time high.
Personally, I view Litecoin as a testnet for new Bitcoin features and not as a real
altcoin with a real use case.

But this is of course only my opinion, other people might think more positive about Litecoin.
Obviously I also have to admit that it seems like a good addition for the time being, because transactions
are relatively cheap and fast, which is of paramount importance for a gambling site.

Anyway, thank you for the reply, Ethan!
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

Cheers,
Ethan

I´m pretty much open to any other altcoin and have no concrete idea, I just have some doubts regarding Litecoin since
Personally, I view Litecoin as a testnet for new Bitcoin features and not as a real

But this is of course only my opinion, other people might think more positive about Litecoin.
Obviously I also have to admit that it seems like a good addition for the time being, because transactions
are relatively cheap and fast, which is of paramount importance for a gambling site.

This, to me is why Litecoin made the best first addition to the site. It allowed Ethan and Scott to add a framework for adding new coins to YD, while being very similar to Bitcoin. At the same time, it's on nearly all exchanges, and the exchange rate relative to BTC is not as volatile. This means that people that previously had stopped depositing because of fees, can now play again with LTC.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 03:54:09 AM

Cheers,
Ethan

This, to me is why Litecoin made the best first addition to the site. It allowed Ethan and Scott to add a framework for adding new coins to YD, while being very similar to Bitcoin. At the same time, it's on nearly all exchanges, and the exchange rate relative to BTC is not as volatile. This means that people that previously had stopped depositing because of fees, can now play again with LTC.

Also potential for Bitcoin atomic swaps letting people gamble with a larger number if they like (perhaps some "loss recovering" strategy), as well as some other benefits once LN is more developed.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: