Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:54:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384457 times)
AGM76

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:40:36 PM

Well obviously the people who say the truth are often hated. So you are telling me that they are making up all the BCCX they sell each day? So even before they closed the lending they didn't received $13million each day in BTC? They are losing if they did always sell out because they are taking BCC tokens worth less than 10% of the price they are accepting for them.

You use the word "obviously" in a way that makes me think you don't know what it means.

I'm saying that we have no way of knowing what's going on with BCCX. There is no transparency whatsoever. There is no way of knowing if they are selling out or if they're selling more than $13m worth.

So when you invest in any ICO, why is that not a Ponzi if they value of the token isn't really based on the success of the company as profits are not shared (at least with most stocks there is some eventual hope of a profit share or acquisition later on but someone buying a company that issued these crypto tokens in the past does not need to buy these tokens back)? Aren't these tokens usually a zero sum game so if the price goes up there has to be losers when people sell??

Your whataboutism is getting old. Bitconnect is a proven scam. That is not going to change even if there are other scams out there. Bitconnect is the scheme that blatantly promised high returns and then collapsed. If other ICOs do the same they're scams too but why don't you go post about that in their respective threads? Keep this on topic.

The reason I posted on this thread was that people like you kept saying bitconnect 'collapsed' when it is blatantly false. They profited hugely from the lending and were not in any financial troubles. So they didn't 'collapse' in the way most people think and could have carried on fine if it wasn't for all the 'scam' complaints and getting authorities interested. They never scammed anyone before they were forced to close the lending and still paid everyone back their loans early at the 15 day average market price.

so maybe you can tell me where i can find information about bccx, you seem to know a bit about bcc.

I don't think many people know much about it other than it is going to launch an exchange (which I suppose the X stands for)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:22:38 PM

Well obviously the people who say the truth are often hated. So you are telling me that they are making up all the BCCX they sell each day? So even before they closed the lending they didn't received $13million each day in BTC? They are losing if they did always sell out because they are taking BCC tokens worth less than 10% of the price they are accepting for them.

You use the word "obviously" in a way that makes me think you don't know what it means.

I'm saying that we have no way of knowing what's going on with BCCX. There is no transparency whatsoever. There is no way of knowing if they are selling out or if they're selling more than $13m worth.

So when you invest in any ICO, why is that not a Ponzi if they value of the token isn't really based on the success of the company as profits are not shared (at least with most stocks there is some eventual hope of a profit share or acquisition later on but someone buying a company that issued these crypto tokens in the past does not need to buy these tokens back)? Aren't these tokens usually a zero sum game so if the price goes up there has to be losers when people sell??

Your whataboutism is getting old. Bitconnect is a proven scam. That is not going to change even if there are other scams out there. Bitconnect is the scheme that blatantly promised high returns and then collapsed. If other ICOs do the same they're scams too but why don't you go post about that in their respective threads? Keep this on topic.

The reason I posted on this thread was that people like you kept saying bitconnect 'collapsed' when it is blatantly false. They profited hugely from the lending and were not in any financial troubles. So they didn't 'collapse' in the way most people think and could have carried on fine if it wasn't for all the 'scam' complaints and getting authorities interested. They never scammed anyone before they were forced to close the lending and still paid everyone back their loans early at the 15 day average market price.

so maybe you can tell me where i can find information about bccx, you seem to know a bit about bcc.

I don't think many people know much about it other than it is going to launch an exchange (which I suppose the X stands for)

I guess that explains why the daily quota of U$.250M worth of BCCX has been reached every day within minutes during its ICO - cuz not that many people know what it's about.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Like I've said, I want in on some of that action.  Cry

snowboard

Activity: 158
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:39:21 PM

bccx stands for BitConneXt.. which literally means next scam
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:32:06 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words or, in this case, a con-trillion BCCX ...

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:21:41 PM

Of course the scammers profited, that's the point of the scam. But they didn't pay everyone back. Worthless made-up tokens are worthless. They should have paid back those dollars that they promised - should be easy since they were not in financial trouble? But they didn't. Therefore scam. Authorities tend to be interested in large scams.

Just throw him on ignore like I did, problem solved.

Kinda stupid to keep on defending it after it's collapsed with all the lawsuits going on. Im not sure he understands how bad it is to accrue a ton of neg trust, especially now that it's so much harder to rank up.
vips200

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:47:43 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 10:34:02 PM by vips200

Does anyone know why BCC is losing its price dramatically?? please explain??

It's just like as a pyramid scheme which they want to get out with your money . It's a scam project run by some professional HIYP scammers .
I can know this project as like as scam pyramid at the starting days and I did not join it . Many investors lost much money for this scam project.

How many times can you say pyramid and scam in one short post - must be a record. They are accepting BCC tokens for their new ICO BitconnectX and BCC markets have such low comparative volumes that it would be worthless for them to dump and also counterproductive (they already lose well over $10million a day from the initial panic-selling taking BCC for $150 as they would have raised $13million a day instead taking BTC and other coins)?

They are not losing anything. BCC and BCCX are tokens the made up out of thin air. The cost to the scammers is 0. "Selling out" isn't a fact either, scammers love to create FOMO. What matters is that they are promising unrealistic returns, don't have actual business income, and it will all end badly (again) for the same reason - ponzi schemes are unsustainable and only last as long as victims are willing to give them more money.

You're a persistent little fucker. Enjoy the red.

Well obviously the people who say the truth are often hated. So you are telling me that they are making up all the BCCX they sell each day? So even before they closed the lending they didn't receive $13million each day in BTC or equivalent assets? They are losing if they did always sell out because they are taking BCC tokens worth less than 10% of the price they are accepting for them and limited liquidity too at the moment.

So when you invest in any ICO, why is that not a Ponzi if the value of the token isn't really based on the success of the company as profits are not shared (at least with most stocks there is some eventual hope of a profit share or acquisition later on but someone buying a company that issued these crypto tokens in the past does not need to buy these tokens back)? Aren't these tokens usually a zero sum game so if the price goes up there has to be losers when people sell (i.e. all gains are from bringing in new people to buy the token at the expense of others)??

This is so obvious I never had to look any of this up to find these answers but I have now done a bit of digging and ask you to ponder this from someone (didn't bitconnect not only generate profits as the 'broker' but also from the lending too? This is unlike almost all other cryptos which are totally Ponzi-like):

"When you buy a stock, your money goes to the last person(s) that previously owned your shares – and to pay a fee for the transaction. The only generation of wealth comes from the transaction fees and that goes to the brokerage. The direction of the stock price is determined by the balance of people buying vs. selling the stock – a net buying forces the price up and a net selling forces it down. The degree depends on transaction volume and rate. The point being that not everyone who holds the stock in question can cash out at a net gain.
If you accept the fact that the activity of trading stocks has no way in itself of generating wealth, then it it is a short path to the conclusion that trading stocks can only transfer wealth (to the brokerage and to people who sell at a gain – all from people who sell at a loss)."

your completely wrong on stocks.Take a economics class. Stocks are based on intrinsic values.You can have net winners for generations to generations. on dow jones index funds or S&P 500 funds, also individuals stocks in rare cases e.g. coke stock someone held for 5 years profit, the next person 5 years profit, so on and so on. Yep day to day trading ,timing the markets, exactly you can string together net losers, and of course trading fees, fees similar cryptos.
AGM76

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:41:10 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 10:59:00 PM by AGM76

A picture is worth a thousand words or, in this case, a con-trillion BCCX ...

I don't know what that was trying to show except prove that the volumes are really low and bitconnect didn't ever in their history seem to dump their BCC (how scam coins profit). They are even taking it as worth $150 in the new ICO. Also, aren't they raising $13million worth of cryptos every day? Not sure what your "U$.250M" figure was about. Assuming they aren't making it up, they could have made about $12million more each day if they didn't accept BCC for $150.

Many people think bitcoin is a bubble or 'non-deliberate' Ponzi (https://businesstech.co.za/news/finance/202958/what-bitcoin-has-in-common-with-the-mmm-ponzi-scheme-according-to-russia/  and https://news.bitcoin.com/professor-sec-bitcoin-penny-stock-ponzi/) and going by the history of the fiat currency and the lack of controls globally on money supply it has to be said it operates in a similar way with repeated boom and busts.

A scam Ponzi coin would collapse when the devs or owners dump the coins. The lending system actually offers protections against this to investors (now that you understand how all these cryptos are ponzis in the sense of being zero-sum). Even Amazon never offered dividends on its stocks and the price has risen at absurd rates from inception. The argument with stocks with no profit share or buy backs is that the company can be acquired at a premium if they are successful and this will obviously mean the shareholders could benefit in the future when companies make profit, unlike cryptos which don't need to be bought back when a company is acquired and don't act like normal shares. Even non-scam cryptos for the most-part including bitcoin are simply speculation and a zero sum game which most people should be aware of when investing (i.e. they are a non-deliberate Ponzi or speculative bubble).

I think if you look at it outside its marketing (their terms are pretty clear though that they can change the lending rates) BitConnect were never a Ponzi and they only paid rates sustainable compared to the growth of the coin. They generated wealth with the lending rates but the coin price still increased dramatically despite up to 100% per year staking inflation. There was no reason for this not to continue (probably with more sustainable interest rates) and they could have carried on generating profits for a while. I'm assuming they sold their extra BCC from the lending rates as profit to further grow, otherwise it would still act similarly to a share buy back by reducing the circulation of the coin. The bottom line is that the lending was profitable and also made lenders happy with their share of the return. They had been reducing their rates already so they never even got into their BCC reserves - something else that should make holders optimistic of the future.

So on the surface the marketing seemed deceptive but the massive returns were always paid on time so there was no real fraud perpetrated, especially considering 'all' cryptos are non-deliberate ponzis. The bitconnect system generated the company profits which they could use to invest and generate more income and coin growth. Many legitimate stocks end up at almost zero value due to people selling and companies failing but that doesn't make them a ponzi. On the other hand, bitconnect generated lots of income from the lending rates and so to call them a ponzi (when nearly all cryptos are already non-deliberate ponzis) is a bit far-fetched. They found a system which allowed them to grow their coin value while still generating huge profits (almost no other coin generates profits like that). The competition didn't help, but bitconnect was the first and should have been able to carry on if it wasn't for the bad press and legal issues.
AGM76

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:51:03 PM

your completely wrong on stocks.Take a economics class. Stocks are based on intrinsic values.You can have net winners for generations to generations. on dow jones index funds or S&P 500 funds, also individuals stocks in rare cases e.g. coke stock someone held for 5 years profit, the next person 5 years profit, so on and so on. Yep day to day trading ,timing the markets, exactly you can string together net losers, and of course trading fees, fees similar cryptos.

That bit of large text (which I didn't quote here) was quoted from someone else but it was just trying to also explain how there is no real value to the stocks unless the profits of the company really affect the price. In actual fact, they do, but only because another company can acquire the stocks at a higher price if the company is successful (assuming no dividends or buy backs etc). If you imagine it's talking about cryptos, then it would be true most of the time that the company profits do not actually affect the price. They would be called a bubble or non-deliberate Ponzi so all winners will be matched by losers (no extra wealth is generated so it's a zero-sum game).
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:52:56 PM
Merited by dooglus (10)

So on the surface the marketing seemed deceptive but the massive returns were always paid on time so there was no real fraud perpetrated, especially considering 'all' cryptos are non-deliberate ponzis. The bitconnect system generated the company profits which they could use to invest and generate more income and coin growth. Many legitimate stocks end up at almost zero value due to people selling and companies failing but that doesn't make them a ponzi. On the other hand, bitconnect generated lots of income from the lending rates and so to call them a ponzi (when nearly all cryptos are already non-deliberate ponzis) is a bit far-fetched. They found a system which allowed them to grow their coin value while still generating huge profits (almost no other coin generates profits like that). The competition didn't help, but bitconnect was the first and should have been able to carry on if it wasn't for the bad press and legal issues.

You still haven't explained how those legal issues in a couple of states prevented them from refunding all victims the actual USD value of their deposits, if they we're in such a good financial position?

The ponzi collapsed just like every other ponzi. Scammers realized that there isn't enough new cashflow to keep it going and shut it off. They are brazen enough to try another round with the X. Somehow magically there are no "legal issues" with that, right?
AGM76

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:22:05 PM

You still haven't explained how those legal issues in a couple of states prevented them from refunding all victims the actual USD value of their deposits, if they we're in such a good financial position?

The ponzi collapsed just like every other ponzi. Scammers realized that there isn't enough new cashflow to keep it going and shut it off. They are brazen enough to try another round with the X. Somehow magically there are no "legal issues" with that, right?

Bitconnect was only about cryptocurrency and the USD was just denoting the value of the BCC coins they would receive when they got around to converting them to BCC (you didn't have to convert the interest immediately as it was left in the lending wallet). Crypto companies can never deal in fiat currency without a lot more regulations and KYC etc.

Anyway, the truth is there are many of these types of websites coming out now with lending platforms. I suppose most don't allow US in the ICOs any more (bitconnectX excludes USA too).
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:59:04 PM

Bitconnect was only about cryptocurrency and the USD was just denoting the value of the BCC coins they would receive when they got around to converting them to BCC (you didn't have to convert the interest immediately as it was left in the lending wallet). Crypto companies can never deal in fiat currency without a lot more regulations and KYC etc.

Anyway, the truth is there are many of these types of websites coming out now with lending platforms. I suppose most don't allow US in the ICOs any more (bitconnectX excludes USA too).

Bitconnect was proven to be a hyip/ponzi/pyramid/scam/evil scamish hyip ponzi pyramid scheme thus they ran away and you are the mastermind of this scammy circus
kris BTC

Activity: 288
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:32:12 AM

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10278342

Looks like Bitconnect & BitconnectX ISO will be dissolved and the deadline is supposed to be this month so I would think twice before investing in either coin people
kris BTC

Activity: 288
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:33:31 AM

Looks like Bitconnect & BitconnectX ISO will be dissolved and the deadline is supposed to be this month so I would think twice before investing in either coin people
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:40:47 AM

"Soon, our cup runneth over with BCC and BCCX."

AGM76

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:52:12 AM

There was a new company formed with all the promoters (who now deny being directors?) ....interesting info I just heard about Glenn Arcaro (this was a week before the lending ended):

Listen at this time: https://youtu.be/saLPS6WKMAA?t=316
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:28:36 AM

There was a new company formed with all the promoters (who now deny being directors?) ....interesting info I just heard about Glenn Arcaro (this was a week before the lending ended):

Listen at this time: https://youtu.be/saLPS6WKMAA?t=316

https://youtu.be/saLPS6WKMAA?t=316

I like the part where she states it's day ten of her cleanse so she's going out to get a smoothie. I reckon that ridding BitConnect outta her life is not part of her cleansing process ... just like that smoothie.

"Dude, it's ONLY day ten of my cleanse, so please allow me to pass so that I can enjoying cupping my favorite soft blue ball chair in my office."

"Sorry I was late but some dude was blocking me from entering the building, playing some sort of crypto police, investigating a crime that you and I both know wasn't committed."

azeem.kingkong

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:41:12 AM

This project is at critical dump position. Fear level increased thus profit in Bcc increase CryptoCurrency price rises is directly proportion to Fear
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 02:02:07 AM

I'm not asking about any other sites. Bitconnect - why didn't they refund their users in full? If they can't deal in USD I'm sure users would have been happy to receive BTC or ETH instead. According to you they were in great financial shape but they paid out in worthless tokens. Sounds a lot like a scam.

Furthermore, why did they shut off lending for EVERYONE if they had legal issues only in a couple of US states? And how exactly are they going to avoid those problems with their new scam - Bitconnect X?

Those are very simple questions based on your own statements. Do you have answers or not?

99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:21:38 AM

I never ended up getting into Bitconnect (thank God), but I did follow Trevon James on YouTube and would watch most of his videos. There was many times when I almosted invested, but I just could never get myself to pull the trigger. I was on the fence about BitconnectX too, especially when the ICO was selling 1 Token - $50 USD. I thought that was maybe an exit scam and it appears it was definitely a cash grab of sorts. Too bad so many people fell for this and got screwed. These guys must have made over $1 billion dollars...literally.
lsdTether

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:21:21 AM

Are you suggesting the ICO only sold out after bitconnect closed the lending??
Let's put this one to bed once and for all... I'll come clean.  Let me tell you a little story, the answer is in here.

When we first started out, we actually did have an algorithm that did make a bit of profit. We had it running for quite a while and we were making a half-decent profit. This worked pretty well, but as the markets are turning even slightly more efficient (essentially, more like the real world) we see that the profits are decreasing. I don't actually recall what our back-of-the-napkin calculations said now, but we could see that we would have to start over from scratch in around 12-24 months. That is, provided we don't get an infusion of capital to speed up the actual income.

Well, let's be honest here, finding real world investors that are willing to cough up a few million in this "shady world" is not the easiest thing. So well, you (the reader) know that there are very viable alternatives to get an infusion of cash.

So, Bitconnect was born.

There were all around good intentions, we actually *did* have an idea, an algorithm that made a difference, the people to execute, and of course, the developers. We were on to something...

But let's back up a bit, not much. You do bring up a good point...

As you correctly state,
1. many projects (ICOs) are actually requests for donations where donors are hoping to get returns by selling to others that are hoping for returns.
2. Some ICOs provide an intrinsic value in the distributed coin/token (think SelfKey)
3. Some ICOs give a dividend (sometimes by muddying the water) (think Kucoin)
4. Some ICOs are a combination of some or all of the above

The ethics of each of the project types above ... are up for discussion, but this is really not the place nor time for that. But let's say that at this point in this story, we saw ourselves as a combination of #1 and #2, or maybe, possibly, kind of #1 and #3. But you know, due to regulations in various territories we sort of, kind of, maybe ... knew that we really do not want to be #3. It's pretty much bad news.

In hindsight, how we (and many others) differ from the above project types is that we are pretty much promising extravagant quantities of profit, and actually, we were able to. This was down to our "magic" or "secret sauce" -- which we obviously could not share as that is our entire business. The kicker here is of course ... we needed capital to actually beat the curve. We had a runway of, and this is from the top of my head, 1-2 years, before our "magic" was dead.

But I digress...

Bitconnect (the idea) was already born at this point, parts of the team as well. But... How can we get profit as much as possible, as quickly as possible with as little risk as possible...

Well, I don't recall exactly when, but we're somewhere at the end of 2016 and Bitconnect (coin) the ICO was born.

The plan was essentially: get an infusion of capital and trickle down our profits to whomever believed in us. I don't know about you, but try selling an algorithm with the above statement... We needed more.

So, and this is largely a huge credit to one individual of the team, we needed to convey the message of "wow, that is fucking amazing" to a lot of people... and you know, you can try doing that. It's a lot of work, and not nearly as fast as you want. So what you want to do is "one up" that and have others do that for you. Generally this is largely a pipe dream, but I guess the timing and the message was right...

By the way, you'd be surprised how many people just tag along on a project that they have no fucking clue about. In fact, very often when I saw people posting about us I was almost certain that these people were bought, were involved or that it was one of us posting. But no, it was actual people that had no prior association with us. At all. When you see a shill or an alt, think twice. Many of them are something else, we naively ended up just calling them "fans" (okay, I lie, we did call them something else. Something similar, but not quite as nice).

I digressed again!

Back to the story, we, like many other projects, are faced with doubters and people who are accusing us of wrong-doings (well, just check the history); at this point many (perhaps all) of us actually think it's unfair. We have something that works. In the real world. It makes a good profit even when markets are going down.

Indeed, with us monetarily encouraging our (this is a bit hard to phrase with hindsight) "investors" to recruit other "investors", criticism would undoubtedly pile up. But hey, over all it seems that people are believing and the loudmouths are actually silenced by money coming into our platform. At this point it actually becomes pretty easy to ignore the naysayers (as you can imagine).

Up until this point we're actually happily scurrying along, in fact, not only happily, but almost in a euforia. We're providing a real service and we're raking in quite a bit of profit -- everything is going according to plan.

I'll digress again, but instead of saying it afterwards, I'll just tell you upfront. I am digressing:

While all this is going on, we *are* often faced with people essentially asking us and the populace as a whole: "in which scenario in this cryptocurrency world do you see letting strangers in on using your "secret sauce" more profitable than, you know, just using it yourself and collecting ALL the profits?" Well, I hope that is obvious in this story, but that (paraphrased) question is more or less what I ask myself at more than one occasion as it all unfold.

The question itself is not that interesting, I mean, when I first saw it phrased as such, the answer was quite simple; "this scenario". Whilst everyone else answered "I can tell you, there is no such scenario. You need to continuously get fresh money in so that you can pay the ones that are exiting."

I'll end the digression with (and hindsight is 20/20), "Luckily, with these lavish returns, no one will exit for very long."

At periods here we did have to put quite a bit in to keep the value of BCC up, surprisingly not nearly as much as we expected. And at other times a lot more than we expected. We did manage to control the value ok-ish, and sometimes we were incredibly surprised and at other times we found ourselves headlocked with some bigger owners and had to back out. But often this was more or less bugs (or naivety) that were dealt with. When the price went up a bit too fast, we sold. This was according to plan. Perhaps not ethical, but in our defense, it's not like we were the only ones.

But, and this is important, due to the MLM (multi-level marketing) or hell, pyramid scheme as everyone else called it (I won't argue with that today), that is placed on top of all of this we hoped and DID end up with players having thousands of followers. These users or accomplices if you wish, who attracted the most people (they themselves often call themselves marketeers) ... well, they actually became our biggest enemy. This was the elephant in the room for a good while, we actually were slightly blindsided by it. They were the ones that would cash out all the "bonuses" they got from their followers, and they would do so immediately while still have a sizable loan locked up. I mean, sure, they would put maybe 5% back into the platform, but they would withdraw a a fair bit too much than we liked.

I don't recall the actual timeline here, but we're pretty much forced into reasoning that our users have three kinds of money at this point (this becomes relevant later) "money they put in", "money that they got from our algorithm" and "money they got from their followers". This is a bit wordier than how it was referenced, but essentially, that is the idea.

The most important thing that is happening behind the curtains here is that these users eat into our profit. Noticably. When we first notice this, it's not making us well, ... not bleed, perhaps. But it becomes a concern. The problem here is that it's pretty hard to do the maths on this; how much is each "team leader" bringing in and how do you put a value to the message they are spreading. Punishing our best sellers is out of the question.

I am guessing this is the first time where someone might have thought "we can make a run for it!". This is irrational and I am making this up for the narrative. In my experience, a problem is merely a challenge, everything can be solved.

While we were making profits and definitely not bleeding up until this point. Enter the period of...

Bitconnect is bleeding.

The pace at which bleeding happens in a scenario like this depend on a lot of things, but one thing is for certain, and will always be the case in a scenario like this, the bleeding will always accelerate and never slow down.

(hindsight again: that is, until it hits the wall... I recall thinking at this point "well, we had a nice run". But you know, that would be giving up?)

Luckily, we had a team of pretty smart individuals (actually, smart does not cover it .. smart is overrated, they could execute). We are still accelerating, and with that bleeding heavily...

So, again, back to the numbers -- and ironically -- we estimate that we have a few months left before we are more or less dead. Ironically, our initial estimate of our algorithm lastin rouhgly 12-24 months approximately coincide with the death of Bitconnect (funny old world, really).

<<a lot of minor and major catastrophies happen here -- some (at least many relevant) publicly documented>>

We have become increasingly arrogant, and blinded by the speed.

Enter BitconnectX...

A lot of dull events take place here which you can pretty much follow in real-time on previous pages...

Now, you SHOULD ask: Why let people pay for ownership in BCCX with BCC when we need actual BTC/ETH? BCC is frankly worthless without our backing. The answer to that is: The BCC holders are an army of free marketing. They are already sold on our magic. Add to that; if we do not make it very easy for them to board, they might start asking questions. That is the last thing we (or anyone!) would want at this point.

I am not proud of this part. But the sad, and embarrassing part of this all is... we did not know what BitconnectX should be. We needed an idea with the sole purpose of bringing in money to keep ... this thing ... alive.

Today I ask myself: "Why? Let it go. It did not work.". There was perhaps a day in the past where things were that simple. Unfortunately a lot of jurisdictions and, primarily, users that would not be okay with that. We had a lot of loans (our users money) locked up.

So, yes, we needed an idea. This is pretty ugly, but it pretty much boils down to this:
- What looks impressive
- What can be done quickly
- What can be done cheaply

So, some back and forth, we went with the idea of "yet another exchange" as someone sarcastically mumbled as we exited a meeting. The saying goes pick any two out of fast, cheap, great. Well, thankfully there are an *awesome* bunch of open source developers out there so we can actually pick all three. This comes as no surprise to some of you, but the vast majority of you might not realize that with one developer and a few weeks time ... you can get a *lot* done by just modifying a few (but great!) open source projects, and this includes:

- Fullfeatured exchange
- Blockchain explorer
- Desktop wallets for all platforms
- Mobile wallets for all platforms
- Mining platforms
... well the list goes on.

The point here is really, you don't actually need someone who can program, you just need a developer that can *read* code and have a grasp on how to put all of this together. It can even be done quickly.

So, let's just say that, BitconnectX, to my embarrassment is very easy money (primarily thanks to open source developers out there).

Now, how this story ends ... well, that's really up to you ... because I am out of here.
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: