Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:45:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384456 times)
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:42:10 AM

Are you suggesting the ICO only sold out after bitconnect closed the lending??
Let's put this one to bed once and for all... I'll come clean.  Let me tell you a little story, the answer is in here.

When we first started out, we actually did have an algorithm that did make a bit of profit. We had it running for quite a while and we were making a half-decent profit. This worked pretty well, but as the markets are turning even slightly more efficient (essentially, more like the real world) we see that the profits are decreasing. I don't actually recall what our back-of-the-napkin calculations said now, but we could see that we would have to start over from scratch in around 12-24 months. That is, provided we don't get an infusion of capital to speed up the actual income.

Well, let's be honest here, finding real world investors that are willing to cough up a few million in this "shady world" is not the easiest thing. So well, you (the reader) know that there are very viable alternatives to get an infusion of cash.

So, Bitconnect was born.

There were all around good intentions, we actually *did* have an idea, an algorithm that made a difference, the people to execute, and of course, the developers. We were on to something...

But let's back up a bit, not much. You do bring up a good point...

As you correctly state,
1. many projects (ICOs) are actually requests for donations where donors are hoping to get returns by selling to others that are hoping for returns.
2. Some ICOs provide an intrinsic value in the distributed coin/token (think SelfKey)
3. Some ICOs give a dividend (sometimes by muddying the water) (think Kucoin)
4. Some ICOs are a combination of some or all of the above

The ethics of each of the project types above ... are up for discussion, but this is really not the place nor time for that. But let's say that at this point in this story, we saw ourselves as a combination of #1 and #2, or maybe, possibly, kind of #1 and #3. But you know, due to regulations in various territories we sort of, kind of, maybe ... knew that we really do not want to be #3. It's pretty much bad news.

In hindsight, how we (and many others) differ from the above project types is that we are pretty much promising extravagant quantities of profit, and actually, we were able to. This was down to our "magic" or "secret sauce" -- which we obviously could not share as that is our entire business. The kicker here is of course ... we needed capital to actually beat the curve. We had a runway of, and this is from the top of my head, 1-2 years, before our "magic" was dead.

But I digress...

Bitconnect (the idea) was already born at this point, parts of the team as well. But... How can we get profit as much as possible, as quickly as possible with as little risk as possible...

Well, I don't recall exactly when, but we're somewhere at the end of 2016 and Bitconnect (coin) the ICO was born.

The plan was essentially: get an infusion of capital and trickle down our profits to whomever believed in us. I don't know about you, but try selling an algorithm with the above statement... We needed more.

So, and this is largely a huge credit to one individual of the team, we needed to convey the message of "wow, that is fucking amazing" to a lot of people... and you know, you can try doing that. It's a lot of work, and not nearly as fast as you want. So what you want to do is "one up" that and have others do that for you. Generally this is largely a pipe dream, but I guess the timing and the message was right...

By the way, you'd be surprised how many people just tag along on a project that they have no fucking clue about. In fact, very often when I saw people posting about us I was almost certain that these people were bought, were involved or that it was one of us posting. But no, it was actual people that had no prior association with us. At all. When you see a shill or an alt, think twice. Many of them are something else, we naively ended up just calling them "fans" (okay, I lie, we did call them something else. Something similar, but not quite as nice).

I digressed again!

Back to the story, we, like many other projects, are faced with doubters and people who are accusing us of wrong-doings (well, just check the history); at this point many (perhaps all) of us actually think it's unfair. We have something that works. In the real world. It makes a good profit even when markets are going down.

Indeed, with us monetarily encouraging our (this is a bit hard to phrase with hindsight) "investors" to recruit other "investors", criticism would undoubtedly pile up. But hey, over all it seems that people are believing and the loudmouths are actually silenced by money coming into our platform. At this point it actually becomes pretty easy to ignore the naysayers (as you can imagine).

Up until this point we're actually happily scurrying along, in fact, not only happily, but almost in a euforia. We're providing a real service and we're raking in quite a bit of profit -- everything is going according to plan.

I'll digress again, but instead of saying it afterwards, I'll just tell you upfront. I am digressing:

While all this is going on, we *are* often faced with people essentially asking us and the populace as a whole: "in which scenario in this cryptocurrency world do you see letting strangers in on using your "secret sauce" more profitable than, you know, just using it yourself and collecting ALL the profits?" Well, I hope that is obvious in this story, but that (paraphrased) question is more or less what I ask myself at more than one occasion as it all unfold.

The question itself is not that interesting, I mean, when I first saw it phrased as such, the answer was quite simple; "this scenario". Whilst everyone else answered "I can tell you, there is no such scenario. You need to continuously get fresh money in so that you can pay the ones that are exiting."

I'll end the digression with (and hindsight is 20/20), "Luckily, with these lavish returns, no one will exit for very long."

At periods here we did have to put quite a bit in to keep the value of BCC up, surprisingly not nearly as much as we expected. And at other times a lot more than we expected. We did manage to control the value ok-ish, and sometimes we were incredibly surprised and at other times we found ourselves headlocked with some bigger owners and had to back out. But often this was more or less bugs (or naivety) that were dealt with. When the price went up a bit too fast, we sold. This was according to plan. Perhaps not ethical, but in our defense, it's not like we were the only ones.

But, and this is important, due to the MLM (multi-level marketing) or hell, pyramid scheme as everyone else called it (I won't argue with that today), that is placed on top of all of this we hoped and DID end up with players having thousands of followers. These users or accomplices if you wish, who attracted the most people (they themselves often call themselves marketeers) ... well, they actually became our biggest enemy. This was the elephant in the room for a good while, we actually were slightly blindsided by it. They were the ones that would cash out all the "bonuses" they got from their followers, and they would do so immediately while still have a sizable loan locked up. I mean, sure, they would put maybe 5% back into the platform, but they would withdraw a a fair bit too much than we liked.

I don't recall the actual timeline here, but we're pretty much forced into reasoning that our users have three kinds of money at this point (this becomes relevant later) "money they put in", "money that they got from our algorithm" and "money they got from their followers". This is a bit wordier than how it was referenced, but essentially, that is the idea.

The most important thing that is happening behind the curtains here is that these users eat into our profit. Noticably. When we first notice this, it's not making us well, ... not bleed, perhaps. But it becomes a concern. The problem here is that it's pretty hard to do the maths on this; how much is each "team leader" bringing in and how do you put a value to the message they are spreading. Punishing our best sellers is out of the question.

I am guessing this is the first time where someone might have thought "we can make a run for it!". This is irrational and I am making this up for the narrative. In my experience, a problem is merely a challenge, everything can be solved.

While we were making profits and definitely not bleeding up until this point. Enter the period of...

Bitconnect is bleeding.

The pace at which bleeding happens in a scenario like this depend on a lot of things, but one thing is for certain, and will always be the case in a scenario like this, the bleeding will always accelerate and never slow down.

(hindsight again: that is, until it hits the wall... I recall thinking at this point "well, we had a nice run". But you know, that would be giving up?)

Luckily, we had a team of pretty smart individuals (actually, smart does not cover it .. smart is overrated, they could execute). We are still accelerating, and with that bleeding heavily...

So, again, back to the numbers -- and ironically -- we estimate that we have a few months left before we are more or less dead. Ironically, our initial estimate of our algorithm lastin rouhgly 12-24 months approximately coincide with the death of Bitconnect (funny old world, really).

<<a lot of minor and major catastrophies happen here -- some (at least many relevant) publicly documented>>

We have become increasingly arrogant, and blinded by the speed.

Enter BitconnectX...

A lot of dull events take place here which you can pretty much follow in real-time on previous pages...

Now, you SHOULD ask: Why let people pay for ownership in BCCX with BCC when we need actual BTC/ETH? BCC is frankly worthless without our backing. The answer to that is: The BCC holders are an army of free marketing. They are already sold on our magic. Add to that; if we do not make it very easy for them to board, they might start asking questions. That is the last thing we (or anyone!) would want at this point.

I am not proud of this part. But the sad, and embarrassing part of this all is... we did not know what BitconnectX should be. We needed an idea with the sole purpose of bringing in money to keep ... this thing ... alive.

Today I ask myself: "Why? Let it go. It did not work.". There was perhaps a day in the past where things were that simple. Unfortunately a lot of jurisdictions and, primarily, users that would not be okay with that. We had a lot of loans (our users money) locked up.

So, yes, we needed an idea. This is pretty ugly, but it pretty much boils down to this:
- What looks impressive
- What can be done quickly
- What can be done cheaply

So, some back and forth, we went with the idea of "yet another exchange" as someone sarcastically mumbled as we exited a meeting. The saying goes pick any two out of fast, cheap, great. Well, thankfully there are an *awesome* bunch of open source developers out there so we can actually pick all three. This comes as no surprise to some of you, but the vast majority of you might not realize that with one developer and a few weeks time ... you can get a *lot* done by just modifying a few (but great!) open source projects, and this includes:

- Fullfeatured exchange
- Blockchain explorer
- Desktop wallets for all platforms
- Mobile wallets for all platforms
- Mining platforms
... well the list goes on.

The point here is really, you don't actually need someone who can program, you just need a developer that can *read* code and have a grasp on how to put all of this together. It can even be done quickly.

So, let's just say that, BitconnectX, to my embarrassment is very easy money (primarily thanks to open source developers out there).

Now, how this story ends ... well, that's really up to you ... because I am out of here.

Somebody fetch me a chair, a rope, and a beam ...

AGM76, you are a very dangerous person. I'll be gentle and consider you the victim of some kind of Stockholm syndrome here, you have my sympathies.

But the idea that you keep defending this, ahem, "project" (and its sister project) with inane things like "they paid 100 days of interest before shutting down" is mind-boggling.

A quick glance at the source code reveal that there was a ~5 million coin premine? The circulating supply right now is ~6.3 million.

So, AGM76, please stop advising people. All trading on the coin should stop or even more people will get hurt. What you are encouraging is dangerous.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AGM76

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:08:13 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 05:13:03 AM by AGM76

AGM76, you are a very dangerous person. I'll be gentle and consider you the victim of some kind of Stockholm syndrome here, you have my sympathies.

But the idea that you keep defending this, ahem, "project" (and its sister project) with inane things like "they paid 100 days of interest before shutting down" is mind-boggling.

A quick glance at the source code reveal that there was a ~5 million coin premine? The circulating supply right now is ~6.3 million.

So, AGM76, please stop advising people. All trading on the coin should stop or even more people will get hurt. What you are encouraging is dangerous.

I missed this post before but would just like to point out that the premine is a good thing for these platforms (as obviously it is counterproductive for the coin to be dumped as it would cost them more in interest payments the less value it has). I don't recall how many were sold in the ICO but probably not too much but the other 3-4million was kept as a reserve but never put into circulating supply as far as I can tell (I think there is closer to 10million money supply now btw not 6.3). They may have had to use some of the reserve at the end as they paid everyone out at the same time, but I don't think they did (remember this reserve would have more than doubled if they staked it but not sure they staked all of it as it would have competed with the customer stakes). As a comparison, DavorCoin had a 10million premine and only offered 6million in the ICO. BTW, obviously it is not a good idea for the reserve to be put in supply as it usually would decrease the coin price from inflation but at least it is available if needed and would act as a warning sign that interest rates would need to be reduced (if the company weren't that clever about calculating things). In bitconnect's case they just kept accumulating more and more BCC as their lending was so profitable for them (so I can't see how they got anywhere near using their reserves).

Anyway I digress. For your amusement, I put together a small compilation of responses when coinexchange announced its BCC wallet was back online :

HEY HEY HEY

BTW just noticed something I forgot to take out that seemed to be from bitconnect but @teambitconnectx is a fake account
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 04:21:28 AM

Move over BitConnect, there's a new show in town ...

Code:
http://www.tailopez.com/flow.php?lp=FS-3452&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=youtube&utm_content=YTlink&utm_sid=jNv85bteFFc&campaignid=1008680809&adgroupid=50468293875&physicallocation=9030356&creative=247640027742&matchtype=&network=ytv&device=c&devicemodel=&ifmobile=&ifnotmobile=[desktoptablet]&ifsearch=&ifcontent=[displaynetwork]&keyword=&placement=youtube.com&target=&param1=&param2=&random=12114882233907353579&experiment=&adposition=none&extensionid=&keywordid=kwd-295944508740&interestlocation=9030356&gclid=Cj0KCQiAwKvTBRC2ARIsAL0Dgk3LgbvHBuvw0mmdu5tPRybt0XqXivQIVz6fuL7F2iYdkTTb2E_GWVkaAqfAEALw_wcB

In this FREE training, Tai will teach you various investment strategies used by himself and other successful investors and experts to make money with cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. It's not to late to invest in Bitcoin and other emerging cryptocurrencies, and Tai will break down why now is the best time to make money in this new and exciting market. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies may seem intimidating, but in this free seminar, you will discover the right investment strategy for you, so you can start making money off of cryptocurrencies today!

Text highlighted because the link was from one of Tai's YouTubeMercials (just made that up; wonder if I'm the first, but I digress) where he states no less than three times as to how smart he is due to surrounding himself with smart people like the person who penned the above if not penned by himself.

On a side note, I'm now wondering if AGM76 has an altered ego.

tententen

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:34:58 AM

Im not sure what the right thing to do with this thread would be, but you gotta give it to theymos that he did not censor this...I don't think that that's necessarily a good thing, but he let this obvious scam build traction on his own platform, that couldnt have been an easy choice.
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:53:47 AM

Im not sure what the right thing to do with this thread would be, but you gotta give it to theymos that he did not censor this...I don't think that that's necessarily a good thing, but he let this obvious scam build traction on his own platform, that couldnt have been an easy choice.

gambling is nothing new to bitcointalk ~ it's a sandbox for hairbrained video games gone wrong lol :-D weee

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:05:50 PM

This is going to be harsh lesson for many but at the same time things seems to becoming more complicated. This will not be last ponzi/scam scheme unless the people behind this reach behind the walls. They should be forced to pay every single person else these frauds will keep growing in future too.
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:17:25 PM
Merited by shogun47 (10)

Some persons were persuading me to invest on this coin when the kept rising, but I was wise enough not to. What would I done if I had invested 10k$ on this when the price was over 350$?

This guys need to be brought to book.
shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:35:01 PM

Some persons were persuading me to invest on this coin when the kept rising, but I was wise enough not to. What would I done if I had invested 10k$ on this when the price was over 350$?

This guys need to be brought to book.

Absolutely and anyone in the world thinking they could bring this already sunk ship back up to $300+ need to see a doctor as well. It just won't happen.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
802529er

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Ethereum All The Way Baby

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:57:34 PM

Trust summary for AGM76

This user's password was reset recently.

This user's email address was changed recently

Well looks like someone bought themselves a full member account hoping to be able to save BCC. LOL.

These people deserve to stay poor just like they have for generations.
You can’t help those people

SickMetaGame

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:07:26 PM

I skin through like 33% of that wall of text from so-called "dev" but I suppose this is a troll lol.

If someone really tried to come and defend their "algorithm" that was supposed to be printing money (trading/daily interest) then please kindly go choke on some Thai ladyboys penis.

This whole thing was so basic, the fact that they ran up 2 billy is quite insane.

SMG

YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 05:15:02 PM

Trust summary for AGM76

This user's password was reset recently.

This user's email address was changed recently

Well looks like someone bought themselves a full member account hoping to be able to save BCC. LOL.

These people deserve to stay poor just like they have for generations.
You can’t help those people

I find that interesting because ...

A few minutes later ...

What's the over/under for AGM76 being an close associate of BitConnect? I'm thinkin' that front- and backend dev dude.

MI5: Dear Mr. theymos. Please send us everything on your database pertaining to Mr. AGM76. Thank you. PS: Make no mention of this request, for we're in the middle of a terrorist-funding investigation (ref. https://www.reddit.com/user/AGM76/)

vips200

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:21:00 PM

Scam or not - it doesn't matter because the interest to this token is really big. So we can only envy to pr-team of this project  Grin
envy WTF!!!  those are wrongly spoken words.
shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:34:16 PM

Scam or not - it doesn't matter because the interest to this token is really big. So we can only envy to pr-team of this project  Grin
envy WTF!!!  those are wrongly spoken words.

I am not quite sure what's wrong with you but maybe you are one of those guys who took a mortgage and bet on this or you must be completely crazy. BCC just failed and if you spread another message (for your own benefit), you are going to hut people!

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:36:29 PM

Want to know something funny?

Staking yield was much better than the lending platform.

Min age is 15 day, max age is 30 days compounding at 10% a month the first 6 months and 8% the second 6 months.

That would have given you 3.4x the amount of coins in 1 year.

Let's say you bought 1000 coins at $1, staked them, and sold them at $400 (9 month period), that is about 3x the amount.

You would have made approximately $1.2 million

If you had bought $1000 worth and put it in the lending platform during the same 9 month period.

You would have approximately $14,000

Technically speaking, the lending platform was actually on par or even slightly less at times than the appreciation of just hodling BTC.
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:50:12 PM

Min age is 15 day, max age is 30 days compounding at 10% a month the first 6 months and 8% the second 6 months.

Let's say you bought 1000 coins at $1, staked them, and sold them at $400 (9 month period), that is about 3x the amount.

If you had bought $1000 worth and put it in the lending platform during the same 9 month period.

Technically speaking, the lending platform was actually on par or even slightly less at times than the appreciation of just hodling BTC.

"That's some BCC trading bot!"

kevmon

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:14:28 PM

https://stocksgazette.com/2018/01/27/eryllium-ery-the-privacy-centric-coin-for-the-future-of-money/

Nice article posted today.

IT'S GONNA BLOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:05:00 PM

https://eryllium.com/faq/

I'll be the first to admit that unlike BitConnect, we know exactly who developed Eryllium ...

Thus We Eryllium studies it for a long period of time and come out with a more advance platform for developers and end user to give more value.

... Dr. Word Spaghetti, PhD.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Upon further review, Dr. Word Spaghetti, PhD is teamed up with Dr. Copy And Past, PhD. Who would've thunk it?

AGM76

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:53:30 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 12:10:27 AM by AGM76

Why am I getting so much negative trust comments? Crestington (I think he put me on ignore) has just shown how bitconnect lending wasn't a real Ponzi as the lending was profitable (not many people compounded it but that was even covered even if everyone did). You can't say bitcoin and other cryptos are not non-deliberate ponzis as there is nothing unique about them or anything backing up their price so they are all a bubble, anyway. I am in no way associated with any of these sites but just realised how good an idea they were because they generate profits (the people lending the coin would have got more holding but they were still happy and didn't mind bitconnect taking some of the profits from them - assuming bitconnect sold most of the extra BCC they gained from the lending).

These profits could then be used to market the coin and increase the amount of buyers (this is the only way any crypto gains value btw before you say that's a bad thing). So I can see why people didn't like it but they had no reason to stop as long as they adjusted the interest so that it didn't exceed their growth.

Anyway, BCCX is on now.. I've never managed to buy any yet. I suppose they will need half a billion now to overcome all this bad press haaha  but I think they'd make everyone go mental if they became successful again (I mean all these people saying they are a scam will need therapy- there was something else I was going to ramble on about but forgot )

OH shit I'm not buying BCCX now they have stopped the $150 promotion......  it's at just over $10 now Cry   (just logged in)

It said $150 before instead the real price:

Just found this (which also uses my non-deliberate Ponzi term): https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/world-bank-bitcoin-a-bubble-not-a-deliberate-ponzi/

"The 15-page paper, authored by economist Kaushik Basu, explores the science and mechanics behind various forms of Ponzi schemes. Included is a class of “non-deliberate” or naturally occurring Ponzi schemes, which are really just asset bubbles. Explained by others under what’s referred to as the “Greater Fool Theory”, people buy into these assets unaware of their fundamental value and only because it is expected that others will drive their price even higher through speculation. “This kind of a spiral, which has nothing more to it than people’s expectations feeding into more expectations, can cause huge price rises.”"
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:17:50 AM

Why am I getting so much negative trust comments? Crestington (I think he put me on ignore) has just shown how bitconnect lending wasn't a real Ponzi as the lending was profitable (not many people compounded it but that was even covered even if everyone did). You can't say bitcoin and other cryptos are not non-deliberate ponzis as there is nothing unique about them or anything backing up their price so they are all a bubble, anyway.

You're getting negged because you're lying about this scam. You're also lying about other cryptos ("nothing unique about them or anything backing up their price") with this very lame false equivalence fallacy.

I am in no way associated with any of these sites but just realised how good an idea they were because they generate profits (the people lending the coin would have got more holding but they were still happy and didn't mind bitconnect taking some of the profits from them - assuming bitconnect sold most of the extra BCC they gained from the lending).

These profits could then be used to market the coin and increase the amount of buyers (this is the only way any crypto gains value btw before you say that's a bad thing). So I can see why people didn't like it but they had no reason to stop as long as they adjusted the interest so that it didn't exceed their growth.

They had a very good reason to stop. They extracted the maximum amount of money from their victims and there was no more "growth".

Anyway, BCCX is on now.. I've never managed to buy any yet. I suppose they will need half a billion now to overcome all this bad press haaha  but I think they'd make everyone go mental if they became successful again (I mean all these people saying they are a scam will need therapy- there was something else I was going to ramble on about but forgot )

OH shit I'm not buying BCCX now they have stopped the $150 promotion......  it's at just over $10 now Cry   (just logged in)

http://i66.tinypic.com/2l95hqv.png

There you go, even the fake rollover is over.

And just in case you missed those questions from earlier:

I'm not asking about any other sites. Bitconnect - why didn't they refund their users in full? If they can't deal in USD I'm sure users would have been happy to receive BTC or ETH instead. According to you they were in great financial shape but they paid out in worthless tokens. Sounds a lot like a scam.

Furthermore, why did they shut off lending for EVERYONE if they had legal issues only in a couple of US states? And how exactly are they going to avoid those problems with their new scam - Bitconnect X?

Those are very simple questions based on your own statements. Do you have answers or not?
AGM76

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:22:02 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 12:33:02 AM by AGM76

Why am I getting so much negative trust comments? Crestington (I think he put me on ignore) has just shown how bitconnect lending wasn't a real Ponzi as the lending was profitable (not many people compounded it but that was even covered even if everyone did). You can't say bitcoin and other cryptos are not non-deliberate ponzis as there is nothing unique about them or anything backing up their price so they are all a bubble, anyway.

You're getting negged because you're lying about this scam. You're also lying about other cryptos ("nothing unique about them or anything backing up their price") with this very lame false equivalence fallacy.

I am in no way associated with any of these sites but just realised how good an idea they were because they generate profits (the people lending the coin would have got more holding but they were still happy and didn't mind bitconnect taking some of the profits from them - assuming bitconnect sold most of the extra BCC they gained from the lending).

They had a very good reason to stop. They extracted the maximum amount of money from their victims and there was no more "growth".

http://i66.tinypic.com/2l95hqv.png

There you go, even the fake rollover is over.

And just in case you missed those questions from earlier:

I'm not asking about any other sites. Bitconnect - why didn't they refund their users in full? If they can't deal in USD I'm sure users would have been happy to receive BTC or ETH instead. According to you they were in great financial shape but they paid out in worthless tokens. Sounds a lot like a scam.

Furthermore, why did they shut off lending for EVERYONE if they had legal issues only in a couple of US states? And how exactly are they going to avoid those problems with their new scam - Bitconnect X?

Those are very simple questions based on your own statements. Do you have answers or not?

I keep trying to explain they didn't run out of anything and had made lots of profits by sharing the growth of the coin with the lenders (who didn't mind because they also made money). They only paid in BCC tokens and had loads of them. They only accepted BCC tokens too. They didn't need to have a BTC wallet on the site as people could even buy BCC with ETH on another exchange and send them BCC to the BCC web-wallet. I think these sites need to start using external exchanges and also only accept their own coin as this will stop people thinking they are stealing BTC (how is it possible they stole BTC if they didn't use it for anything or accept it as payment??).

About cryptos, I'm sure there are some companies that do buy-backs of the coin they issued when they profit etc as that would make them not a Ponzi but all others would be just a bubble as nothing really is backing up the price. Also, they can usually be cloned if they are open source so they aren't unique either. They just depend on a community to support them etc.

Oh that just made me realise that bitconnect probably did do buy-backs!! So obviously they wouldn't be a Ponzi...the buying of their own token (maybe with ICO funds or with profits) was probably why the coin rose so much. If they kept some of the extra BCC they were accumulating from their lending, just the fact they took it out of circulation would increase the price..so it is almost the same as buying back their token from profits (but to profit they would need to sell the extra BCC so maybe they could have just sold some and kept the rest out of circulation?).
Pages: « 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: