Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:19:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Everyone already knows about bitcoin" no.. no they do not..  (Read 14823 times)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:58:31 PM

The thing is there many ignorant people out there who sre not willing to learn and pass up opportunity because of laziness and other things. We dont need those people anyway. More and more people will use it as the are introduced to it by friends and people they know online.

yeah and some people here will start making all item they sell with bitcoin..thats how the ignorant will start looking information about coin, sign up here, learn about coin, start earning, and making money with it.. it all about time.
Or they just don't think that Bitcoin is useful for their lives. Saying all people are ignorant because they refuse Bitcoin in their life is not a bad thing it is their personal decision we can't decide for themselves. Also Bitcoin is not for everyone even I had trouble in grasping it for the first time. But it does not mean they can't change their minds on it on the later date.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:25:34 PM

The thing is there many ignorant people out there who sre not willing to learn and pass up opportunity because of laziness and other things. We dont need those people anyway. More and more people will use it as the are introduced to it by friends and people they know online.

yeah and some people here will start making all item they sell with bitcoin..thats how the ignorant will start looking information about coin, sign up here, learn about coin, start earning, and making money with it.. it all about time.
Or they just don't think that Bitcoin is useful for their lives. Saying all people are ignorant because they refuse Bitcoin in their life is not a bad thing it is their personal decision we can't decide for themselves. Also Bitcoin is not for everyone even I had trouble in grasping it for the first time. But it does not mean they can't change their minds on it on the later date.
The funny thing is, that so many people here in this forum know about Bitcoin and still are ignorant. The are only interested in making money with Bitcoin and only know how to buy and sell some. By this they think they have learned all and now they will tell everybody about Bitcoin and most likely some BS along with it, because they have no clue how it works.

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:08:50 PM

i think nowadays a huge number of people know about bitcoin because bitcoin is modern currency and bitcoin getting much more popularity day by day so bitcoin users increasing too much faster.
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 08:34:28 PM

I don't think it's true, based on my own experience.
From maybe 50 people I know personally, let's say, maybe 40 using Internet.
From this 40 maybe only 10 using Internet for more serious things like online shopping etc.
How many know about Bitcoin?
I think 5-6.
Others just don't care about such things.
It's still reality and we have to be aware about it.

I had the same experience as you had and I agree with you. But bitcoin is just beginning and we need to see the bigger picture. Take a look at the coming 20 to 30 years. Bitcoin will be famous and will be used widely more than today. The volume of transactions will be massive if the code and algorithm is well maintained till then.

Everyone has the same experience as we all know bitcoin is not really that much popular in practical world but it is just there on internet and someone who is not always involved in internet does not know anything about it, in my case if i ask a half of the people around me i'm sure none of them will say they have even heard about bitcoin, so yes, "Not everyone knows about bitcoin."
actually the reason is that most of the people do not know about bitcoin and those people who know most of them are not still confident to invest their money in bitcoin, but the number of bitcoin users is increasing continuously and hope that very soon almost every one be using bitcoin in future.
Bitcoin is not just an investment,it is a way to transfer money too.You need not to store them if you fear that bitcoin price are unstable,just use it and exist.
That said I think a lot of people are unaware about bitcoin.Last month I went to Bank because my funds coming from Paypal was put on hold by my bank.To my surprise,bank staff was not aware of what PayPal is and how it works.
When peopple working in financial sector doesn't know about Paypal,how can they be suppose to know about bitcoin?
Ravion

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:57:32 PM

Most people don't know about Bitcoin. And most of the people who know that there is something called Bitcoin, don't actually know what it is. It's something that they've seen talked about on TV, at times when Bitcoin makes big gains in value. And especially older generations, they just think of it as some high tech stuff that they rather not even try to learn about.

For more people to learn about Bitcoin, they would have to see it more often and become familiar with it. For example, if a lot of the ATMs have the Bitcoin Logo, or when people make payments in a shop or restaurant, if they see the Bitcoin sign, they'll start thinking about it as some other method of payment, just like Dollars or Euros.
szpalata

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:24:40 PM

i think nowadays a huge number of people know about bitcoin because bitcoin is modern currency and bitcoin getting much more popularity day by day so bitcoin users increasing too much faster.

That is correct, a lot of people don't know about bitcoins but the few that know are gradually bringing many into the known and I believe it will take quite some time for it to sink deep into people's heart. In a nutshell I'd say it is fairly known.
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:32:20 PM

In my place even some of the software engineers do not know about bitcoin. Mostly those people know about bitcoins who are online earners or who were the PTC users once as people from those PTC sites found in advertisements about bitcoin and then they started to work for bitcoin.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:17:13 PM

In my place even some of the software engineers do not know about bitcoin. Mostly those people know about bitcoins who are online earners or who were the PTC users once as people from those PTC sites found in advertisements about bitcoin and then they started to work for bitcoin.

Same here, I know some serious smart people in the computer development industry and they have not heard about bitcoin... let alone the average joe out there. Im sure that I can go out right now and ask 100 people, and not a single one will know what bitcoin is. Only a small % of the population know what bitcoin is, and only a SMALLER portion of that same % actually owns bitcoin. The exposure is insanely tiny. Anyone owning ONE satoshi is already a pioneer.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:28:43 PM

Same here, I know some serious smart people in the computer development industry and they have not heard about bitcoin... let alone the average joe out there. Im sure that I can go out right now and ask 100 people, and not a single one will know what bitcoin is. Only a small % of the population know what bitcoin is, and only a SMALLER portion of that same % actually owns bitcoin. The exposure is insanely tiny. Anyone owning ONE satoshi is already a pioneer.
In that case you need to inform them about bitcoin if you know that in your area some people do not know about bitcoin then you have to tell them that there is a new currency which is much stronger and better than all other currencies and in the future that will be the global currency and teach them about the benefits of today time.
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:57:14 PM

Every time I go to the bank I like to ask them if they have heard of BTC, most of the time the answer is no.   
I do ask a lot of people about BTC.. a restaurant near me.. near ish use to accept it as well, I asked to pay with it, they said it no longer exists.. .... ...

Most people I find still have zero idea what BTC is unless they are friends with the likes of us.. I don't think we are even in early adoption stage.. we are in "the chasm" .. it would appear we are going to survive though... appear anyways..

I dunno just something I have taken note of. 

Pretty much everyone that has heard of it assumes it's worth like 5 cents and shits themselves when I say it's $1k (Cad) .. we are in very interesting times with BTC.

Hey where are you from?
Me too here, in my place bitcoin is like nothing. No one ever heard about bitcoin. But in some local forums, they talk about that.
I really don't understand why just me here knowing about this legit commodity to trade. Peoples should know about bitcoin more.

Taki

Activity: 1078

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:12:06 PM

Of course not so much people know about bitcoin. In the all mass of people there is just like 2% people who use bitcoin. And that is not surprisingly. Bitcoin as technology doesn't provoke so many interest from ordinary people. And only bitcoin as money is interested to the most number of people. But it's new and not so known. So bitcoin will need couple more years to people start to talk about it in  a daily talks.
adidas

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Americans do it better

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:14:08 PM

No they don't. There are people who live off the grid that don't even watch the media or have very much contact with the outside world. They have never even touched the internet.
There are people like that you do know.

juras54

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:12:35 AM

I told your friends about Bitcoin and parents, but no one believes him, thinking that this is an unnecessary dummy
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:40:59 AM

I told your friends about Bitcoin and parents, but no one believes him, thinking that this is an unnecessary dummy
currently most of the people do not believe on bitcoin but in fact they do not know the importance of bitcoin, hope that a time will come when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin as crypto currency.
johnnyyash

Activity: 334

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:57:54 AM

I think many don't really understand what Bitcoin is, and how to go about it....and advantages involved.... And what it can bring in the future
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:44:27 AM

I think many don't really understand what Bitcoin is, and how to go about it....and advantages involved.... And what it can bring in the future
I think this is true. I would add that even people on this forum have no clue how it works. Not everybody has to know all the details about Bitcoin and its technology, but if you are going to talk to people and tell them to put money into it, then you should know what you are talking about. And many just do not know and still tell everyone and this is bad for Bitcoin.

butcherboss

Activity: 338

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:52:16 AM

Here most people have heard about it and the blockchain technology has passed the news several times.
But having heard about it and knowing what it is, is different. People here do know the value and the unpredictability of the currency, from which I think it is holding them back to look deeper in it.

I agree with what you said. People may know about bitcoin but are afraid to use it mostly due to the fluctuations in price. They still do not consider this virtual currency to be safe and it will take some time before they trust it.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 10:08:14 AM

Yes not everyone knows about bitcoins, and not everyone is ready to accept bitcoins as a real monetary currency. its up to use to spread the uses of bitcoins and its advantages of using it

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:30:06 AM

maybe they're not too concerned about the function bitcoin what you say, or do you give him only a bitcoin just a currency. so that they are not interested in bitcoin?
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:48:05 PM

maybe they're not too concerned about the function bitcoin what you say, or do you give him only a bitcoin just a currency. so that they are not interested in bitcoin?
Maybe what you can do is teach them properly. Not just tell them about it. Of course the very idea of bitcoin would really be hard to grasp, specially when it is there very first encounter with digital currency. A brief explanation like tell them what it can do and what are the basic features that would be an advantage over fiat currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: