Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:03:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2017 and WHY !!!  (Read 170379 times)
bobster

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 07:35:30 AM

Guys, you gotta do proper research before investing in an altcoin. I'm seeing many people promoting their coins with just qualitative reasons. Check on the development of the coin, check on the community, check on trading volume and of course market cap. You might want to use a website like coingecko for research.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:47:38 AM

Guys, you gotta do proper research before investing in an altcoin. I'm seeing many people promoting their coins with just qualitative reasons. Check on the development of the coin, check on the community, check on trading volume and of course market cap. You might want to use a website like coingecko for research.
For me, If I'm planning on holding a coin I'll do a large amount of research - check full price and volume history of the coin, dev team, release history, press releases, news, scam accusations, check for premine, number of posts on here. If I'm only trading for a few weeks for speculation - or its a long established coin, then I'll just check the price history on CMC and a small amount of fundamental analysis.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:45:58 PM

I will be holding my Ripple at least the whole year of 2017. Banks are starting to use their technology and I can see more and more adoptions happen. Hopefully.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5030

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:23:20 PM

I will be holding my Ripple at least the whole year of 2017. Banks are starting to use their technology and I can see more and more adoptions happen. Hopefully.

What banks, this is one of the biggiest lies in crypto alts right now. Unless something has changed I'm not aware of so Please enlighten us.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Tribizz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:36:31 PM

Bitcedi

Because
- Running for almost 2 years
- Assets on bitcoin are booming as result counterparty value is rising
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:33:31 PM

Bitcedi

Because
- Running for almost 2 years
- Assets on bitcoin are booming as result counterparty value is rising

Sense...this post makes none.
blackhawk101

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:36:10 PM

SLEEPER COIN:
1. PACCOIN
2. TITCOIN

BUY EM NOW, MOVE OUT PARENT BASEMENT !!!
zola2000

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:25:03 AM

GameCredits

Why? after mobilego starts the prize will going much higher with safe steps.

Whith logic: i can say making payments in a game are the easyest way to use a cryptocurrency, gamecredits looks like a good project.
c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:50:43 AM

GameCredits

Why? after mobilego starts the prize will going much higher with safe steps.

Whith logic: i can say making payments in a game are the easyest way to use a cryptocurrency, gamecredits looks like a good project.

My favorite coin for 2017
...after Bitcoin
Flatfiat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:54:50 AM

SLEEPER COIN:
1. PACCOIN
2. TITCOIN

BUY EM NOW, MOVE OUT PARENT BASEMENT !!!

Holding titcoin aswell, might move this year.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 08:06:25 PM

Belacoin could be one of the popular coin of this year with new big projects like belacam (an application like instagram, but you can earn belacoin with your photos). Open beta test will start tomorrow.
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:01:01 AM

I think today is going to be a very good one for alt trading - volatility seems huge - LTC is up, ETH and DASH are down and getting towards reaccumulation levels, and Magi (XMG) profits are through the roof.
wdc4693

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:12:10 AM

I think today is going to be a very good one for alt trading - volatility seems huge - LTC is up, ETH and DASH are down and getting towards reaccumulation levels, and Magi (XMG) profits are through the roof.

I think this week will be good for ETH!
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1402

Disobey.

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:31:46 PM

BTCR and ZID, if you are interested into some very-early-stage projects.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

UPDATE 2024: Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSx8j8lSewA One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet and human society in general. Go check it out.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:24:16 PM

DASH very competetive value and like bitcoin value was extremely incresing so fast that is why much better to have this coin and hold it for a long time and you will get great profit in the future with this coin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:08:28 AM

DASH very competetive value and like bitcoin value was extremely incresing so fast that is why much better to have this coin and hold it for a long time and you will get great profit in the future with this coin.
I think XMR will overtake DASH in the long term - but I never expected DASH to hit its current levels so I could well be wrong in that prediction =D
Zenoru

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:34:51 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2017, 06:11:22 PM by Zenoru

I hold a significant amount of Ark and Edgeless, I think they both have the potential to reach $30-40+ million market caps within a few months.

Ark seems to have a really strong team of 30+ and are pretty ambitious: they are creating a whole ecosystem with bridged blockchains (SmartBridge), usability in mind, decentralized storage and databases (IPFS and IPDB), and more. It recently had a big jump so it might be wise to buy once it has stabilized.

Edgeless is about online gambling, which is a quickly growing industry. Plus, online gambling and crypto go well together, due to crypto's better anonymity (depending on coin), availability to anyone with internet, and fast, cheap, secure transactions. Now Edgeless seeks to make that even better by being decentralized on Ethereum and having a 0% edge (0.83% in practice, for blackjack at least). And holding Edgeless tokens is encouraged: they act as lottery tickets in monthly drawings for 40% of the Edgeless profits.

For other, probably riskier choices with bigger upside, you can look into Incent, Blocknet, Shift, and Darcrus. All have $2.5 million market cap or less.

Incent appears to have hit a bottom and has a low market cap of $1.8 million (I think probably just 1.5-2x its ICO price, if I'm not wrong) and are trying to create a decentralized loyalty/rewards system. I have not looked much into it but it is certainly trying to solve a new problem.

Blocknet is focusing on being the internet of blockchains (like Ark's SmartBridge). It was almost killed because of the Poloniex delisting but it still has active development and 2.5+ years of maturity. It recently rose from a nearly-dead $200k market cap to $2.5 million market cap in the last few months.

Shift is a 1.5 year old Ethereum-turned-Lisk fork (possibly first for Lisk?) and are trying to implement decentralized websites through IPFS. They already have an alpha version working on their testnet and regularly integrate new Lisk features. I think Lisk was trying to do IPFS as well at some point, though I'm not sure how far they've gotten. This article mentions they might have it in a few months: http://forklog.net/decentralized-startup-for-decentralized-apps-interview-with-ceo-of-lisk/). However, Shift is appealing because of its low market cap of $2 million, and Javascript/IPFS combo could be nice for web development. If they get the public IPFS out before Lisk, and it works well, it could quickly rise up to $4-5 million cap or more. It is still kind of a sleeper coin because of the small team and little marketing, but I expect it to grow a lot in the near future.

Darcrus is focusing on decentralized databases for businesses. It is less than 6 months old and has a low market cap of $1 million (about 2x ICO price). They have a WAVES token and the Darcrus dApps may also be run on the Stratis platform, which is hugely successful (now ~50x ICO price). I think it's just the work of one developer for now, but they seem fairly competent and have worked on Stratis, Supernet, and NXT projects before.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:54:21 PM

I hold a significant amount of Ark and Edgeless, I think they both have the potential to reach $30-40+ million market caps within a few months.

Ark seems to have a really strong team of 30+ and are pretty ambitious: they are creating a whole ecosystem with bridged blockchains (SmartBridge), usability in mind, decentralized storage and databases (IPFS and IPDB), and more. It recently had a big jump so it might be wise to buy once it has stabilized.

Edgeless is about online gambling, which is a quickly growing industry. Plus, online gambling and crypto go well together, due to crypto's better anonymity (depending on coin), availability to anyone with internet, and fast, cheap, secure transactions. Now Edgeless seeks to make that even better by being decentralized on Ethereum and having a 0% edge (0.83% in practice, for blackjack at least). And holding Edgeless tokens is encouraged: they act as lottery tickets in monthly drawings for 40% of the Edgeless profits.

For other, probably riskier choices with bigger upside, you can look into Incent, Blocknet, Shift, and Darcrus. All have $2.5 million market cap or less.

Incent appears to have hit a bottom and has a low market cap of $1.8 million (I think probably just 1.5-2x its ICO price, if I'm not wrong) and are trying to create a decentralized loyalty/rewards system. I have not looked much into it but it is certainly trying to solve a new problem.

Blocknet is focusing on being the internet of blockchains (like Ark's SmartBridge). It was almost killed because of the Poloniex delisting but it still has active development and 2.5+ years of maturity. It recently rose from a nearly-dead $200k market cap to $2.5 million market cap in the last few months.

Shift is a 1.5 year old Ethereum-turned-Lisk fork (possibly first for Lisk?) and are trying to implement decentralized websites through IPFS. They already have an alpha version working on their testnet and regularly integrate new Lisk features. I think Lisk was trying to do IPFS as well at some point, though I'm not sure how far they've gotten. This article mentions they might have it in a few months: http://forklog.net/decentralized-startup-for-decentralized-apps-interview-with-ceo-of-lisk/). However, Shift is appealing because of its low market cap of $2 million, and Javascript/IPFS combo could be nice for web development. If they get the public IPFS out before Lisk, and it works well, it could quickly rise up to $4-5 million cap or more. It is still kind of a sleeper coin because of the small team and little marketing, but I expect it to grow a lot in the near future.

Darcrus is focusing on decentralized databases for businesses. It is less than 6 months old and has a low market cap of $1 million (about 2x ICO price). They have a WAVES token and the Darcrus dApps may also be run on the Stratis platform, which is hugely successful (now ~50x ICO price). I think it's just the work of one developer for now, but they seem fairly competent and have worked on Stratis, Supernet, and NXT projects before.

Great post mate. What is Ark's ICO price? I was very newbie in crypto that time it was very tempting. In the end I opt not to join the crowdfund as I think I should not be rushing things.

Edgeless due to its very daring and ambitious 0 house edge is revolutionary. Let us see how they performs in few months when their financial reports are done.

Incent ICO price is around 15,000 satoshis but the platform looks very promising with very attainable goals.

Darcrus I traded in Bittrex before but I didn't really expect it to made it past beyond imaginations.

Blocknet and Shift i'll take a note at this two as you seemed to have good analysis on investing.

Thanks.  Grin 
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:55:43 PM

Nothings going on there except a circle jerk of bagholders. You cant be serious.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
Zenoru

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:58:52 PM

Great post mate. What is Ark's ICO price? I was very newbie in crypto that time it was very tempting. In the end I opt not to join the crowdfund as I think I should not be rushing things.

Edgeless due to its very daring and ambitious 0 house edge is revolutionary. Let us see how they performs in few months when their financial reports are done.

Incent ICO price is around 15,000 satoshis but the platform looks very promising with very attainable goals.

Darcrus I traded in Bittrex before but I didn't really expect it to made it past beyond imaginations.

Blocknet and Shift i'll take a note at this two as you seemed to have good analysis on investing.

Thanks.  Grin  

Thanks, your words are appreciated Smiley I missed the boat with Stratis (invested in Iconomi instead, which I did moderately well in but currently the BCT thread is a mess with unanswered questions, transparency issues, etc.), Monero, and Ethereum. So I'm hoping these projects take off based on what I think are strong fundamentals.

I believe the Ark ICO price was between 2000-3000 sats. There were lots of bonuses so I'm not sure what exact price was. But it's safe to say that ICO investors probably have 5-8x ROI. After my post, Ark gained like 100%, so you might want to wait for a price dip if you are planning on buying - although Ark pullbacks don't seem to last very long.

The other coins are kind of sleepers at the moment (they have less marketing and are more specialized instead of trying to be ambitious like Ark). So I expect them to trade sideways for a while or have small growth until they are more publicly known through marketing or getting on the first page of coinmarketcap.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: