Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:47:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy?  (Read 29811 times)
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:24:59 PM

-snip-
although this unit seems to almost be a hybrid ASIC/FPGA
-snip-
It is actually a FPGA, it was proven when they released the multi-algo firmware. I wonder if some X11-Gost firmware would be possible... Cool

-snip-
I have already been very impressed with Baikal customer service
-snip-
I agree 100%, and by reading past comments/feedback they are for sure very interested in the image they make for themselves.
They have excellent client service, even when Chinese New Year was on.

Enjoy your unit, I'm certainly happy with their products.

yay happy customers

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
blockops

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 04:41:07 PM

I bought a few Giants directly from Baikal. Excellent customer service, fast shipping. The miners are running great!

I had bought a Baikal from Asicminermarket earlier and that one stopped working, none of the LED's light up. It looks a little different than the ones I got directly from Baikal. Right now I am not sure where to get support on that one.

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:14:43 PM

Share some pics of the dead unit from different angles.
Maybe we (or @baikal) can identify if it's a genuine one.

PS: don't forget to leave positive forum trust for user @baikal to help increase the purchase safety in the community.

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:10:01 PM

I bought a few Giants directly from Baikal. Excellent customer service, fast shipping. The miners are running great!

I had bought a Baikal from Asicminermarket earlier and that one stopped working, none of the LED's light up. It looks a little different than the ones I got directly from Baikal. Right now I am not sure where to get support on that one.

asicminermarket is a scam site, stay the fuck away from that

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:25:28 PM

asicminermarket is a scam site, stay the fuck away from that
I can confirm this considering my rl friends experience. They are scam
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:36:39 PM

Can I ask the advice of someone running a Mini miner?

For the power adapter, will this be sufficient?:

https://smile.amazon.com/Style-Power-Supply-Adapter-Flexible/dp/B019W93CYA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488393010&sr=8-3&keywords=DC+12V+5A+Power+Adapter+2.5mm

This is 12v/5a/60w with 2.5mm plug. Seems to be a match to the specs listed on Baikal site but wanted to make sure before ordering it.

Thanks!
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:49:56 PM

Looks ok. But i'm still waiting for my quad. So i'll let others comment also.
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:29:16 PM

This is 12v/5a/60w with 2.5mm plug. Seems to be a match to the specs listed on Baikal site but wanted to make sure before ordering it.

Use one which can handle 8A. Their efficiency is not 100% (more like 80% at most) so you want to make sure it has enough current.
I will post pic of what I use later.

Regards.

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 08:35:07 PM

Use one which can handle 8A. Their efficiency is not 100% (more like 80% at most) so you want to make sure it has enough current.

Regards.

i have used 6A and 7A just fine, id recommend at least 6A not due to efficiency as that will actually add wattage, not decrease (80% efficiency means 100% rated supply but will draw more than the rated from wall) but rather because the rated wattage/ampere is most likely off and it will deliver worse performance as stated (as with no-name brands and PSUs). Another factor id look out for: size. Smaller units tend to get pretty hot, larger ones are by far cooler.
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:31:05 AM

The buying experience isn't the same as Bitmain.  Here you will get a response from a REAL PERSON.  Baikal is working hard to take care of this community.  So far it has been first class all the way with Baikal.  Any comparison to Bitmain really is an insult to Baikal.  They are doing an awesome job! Two thumbs WAY UP!

Email Baikal or I think they also use Skype.  Tell them what you want, how many you want, and your mailing address.  They will get back to you pretty quickly with the price, and shipping info.  Please keep in mind this is a company in China so there is a time difference to take into account.  You simply send them the payment.  They accept BTC, and Dash.  I think there were other payment methods as well.  As soon as your payment is confirmed with your transaction ID you will get a response saying the payment was received and a estimate of how long it will take to ship.  Shipping costs are reasonable, and the speed of shipping it good.  

If you have questions, feel free to ask.  There are many Baikal fans hanging out here.  Smiley

I agree, their shipping is super fast....3 days to Canada here....I love my Baikals

Yep- this Canuck loves Baikal too.....wish I had many more. I can only order 1 mini from Baikal right now as supply is limited.
Are there any trusted re-sellers?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:50:04 AM

how is it bad advice to sell an item while it has value?

yeah if you sell them when they are useless no one will want them, it's a bit tricky, you need to sell at the right time

actually in this case with asic i would sell when a bigger and more badass asic come out, this is the time your asic is dead 100%
GabryRox

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:30:10 PM

Regards.

i have used 6A and 7A just fine, id recommend at least 6A not due to efficiency as that will actually add wattage, not decrease (80% efficiency means 100% rated supply but will draw more than the rated from wall) but rather because the rated wattage/ampere is most likely off and it will deliver worse performance as stated (as with no-name brands and PSUs). Another factor id look out for: size. Smaller units tend to get pretty hot, larger ones are by far cooler.

Thanks for the advice!  I cancelled my order for the 5a and instead have both a 6a & 7a on the way. Will experiment with both and see which one works best but I suspect both will be fine, in which case I will hold the next one until I am able to get a hold of another mini.
TunerDude007

Activity: 461
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:28:16 PM

The buying experience isn't the same as Bitmain.  Here you will get a response from a REAL PERSON.  Baikal is working hard to take care of this community.  So far it has been first class all the way with Baikal.  Any comparison to Bitmain really is an insult to Baikal.  They are doing an awesome job! Two thumbs WAY UP!

Email Baikal or I think they also use Skype.  Tell them what you want, how many you want, and your mailing address.  They will get back to you pretty quickly with the price, and shipping info.  Please keep in mind this is a company in China so there is a time difference to take into account.  You simply send them the payment.  They accept BTC, and Dash.  I think there were other payment methods as well.  As soon as your payment is confirmed with your transaction ID you will get a response saying the payment was received and a estimate of how long it will take to ship.  Shipping costs are reasonable, and the speed of shipping it good.  

If you have questions, feel free to ask.  There are many Baikal fans hanging out here.  Smiley

I agree, their shipping is super fast....3 days to Canada here....I love my Baikals

Yep- this Canuck loves Baikal too.....wish I had many more. I can only order 1 mini from Baikal right now as supply is limited.
Are there any trusted re-sellers?

Yes  bitcoinware.net, they are out of Toronto but somewhat expensive.
GabryRox

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:20:42 PM

Somewhat expensive???  They have the Mini for $800 CAD, which is well more than DOUBLE the landed cost from Baikal. Not even close to being worth it even with Dash at $45 USD.
TunerDude007

Activity: 461
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:33:27 PM

Somewhat expensive???  They have the Mini for $800 CAD, which is well more than DOUBLE the landed cost from Baikal. Not even close to being worth it even with Dash at $45 USD.

Correct, 800 isn't so bad when the Baikal mini's were priced at 500usd (which is what I paid), I suspect that's when they got theirs as well. But considering they are cheaper now they may want to reconsider, I can't imagine they will sell a whole a bunch.
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:36:31 PM

They won't sell very many...unless the price jumps and people want to get equipment...they'll purchase from the lowest offer on up.

Supply vs Demand.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:14:19 PM

They won't sell very many...unless the price jumps and people want to get equipment...they'll purchase from the lowest offer on up.

Supply vs Demand.

In the past when btc goes up, all asic prices will too. Imho, 1500 coin would equate to
 a "3rd batch limited run" as an excuse. So if my theory holds.  Price of asics would go up
at a minimum. 20-30% imho or so, again this not set in stone, but I'm pretty firm on this guess

It's what asic makers do. Especially if they mine their equipment in mass themselves.

We will see I guess.  

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:26:03 PM

Supply vs Demand.

aren't they producing them, i'm wondering how much they can produce per month? this data can help us about ROI time
GabryRox

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:32:44 PM

Thanks again for the advice on power supplies. I received my Mini yesterday and while inexplicably, the 7a ones plug didn't fit (will be returning it), the 6a was a good fit and the unit has been churning rock-solid over 21 hours straight.  I did have a problem getting it to mine with Suprnova for some reason... web interface says Suprnova is "dead" even though I over-rode their default username with my own.  But, I set up an account at Coinmine.pl and that's been working perfectly... plus, has half the payout fee of Suprnova so better off there anyway. Still, would like to get the Suprvnova issue fixed as a backup plan, so if anyone has any insight there I would appreciate it.
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:36:40 PM

For x11 dash mining, will a regular pool like suprnova yield more btc value than hashing x11 at nicehash?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: