Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:46:47 PM

kncminer maybe answer our questions?
kncminer-

It might be wise to end the negative comments and skepticism early by actively participating in this thread. People have been burned. Hard.

I placed an order. It didn't cost me anything. However, I will not release funds until some confirmation of hardware is released. After that, I might order a few more.

Cheers.

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:21:09 PM

the last Avalon on eBay just went for $38k

If these guys are real they can charge $5-10k for first batch but nowhere is prototype

what is shadowy ASICminer up to?  Avaoln selling new chips yet?  i will solder all night long make ASIC work just give sell me chips  Shocked

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:24:57 PM

kncminer-

It might be wise to end the negative comments and skepticism early by actively participating in this thread. People have been burned. Hard.

I placed an order. It didn't cost me anything. However, I will not release funds until some confirmation of hardware is released. After that, I might order a few more.

Cheers.

+1 I thinks it a great idea to address at least some of the questions the community has.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:43:20 PM

I expect we will not hear anything from them here again. Soon they will send an e-mail to everybody that "pre-registered" providing very well done "proof" and opening up BTC payments to complete your order. They know their "proof" will be quickly debunked here on the forum but will count on a handful of hasty people that will be fooled by their e-mail and send them their previous BTC.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:59:40 PM

I expect we will not hear anything from them here again. Soon they will send an e-mail to everybody that "pre-registered" providing very well done "proof" and opening up BTC payments to complete your order. They know their "proof" will be quickly debunked here on the forum but will count on a handful of hasty people that will be fooled by their e-mail and send them their previous BTC.
I certainly haven't heard anything from them ....
I'd think that wanting cgminer support would be ideal for any startup ASIC company,
and an easy (and cheap) way to prove they are for real once they produce something ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:26:22 AM

is amazing they can hold on that long without giving us a reply Smiley
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:09:58 AM

Just relax.

(And don't send any money in the meantime.)

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:19:49 AM

Sorry to be skeptical, but here we go again

New company springs up
no product or even product specs
shipping some time in the future
join the cue and only pay half price-what a deal

Thanks for your reply. I honestly can’t blame you at all and I think you are quite right. To make people feel better I will try to do my best to answer as many questions as possible.
First I will start by listing our negative points and then the points that I believe will help people
1.   We have only just opened
2.   We have no previous history
3.   We are taking your money in Advance
So to answer these issues I would like to say the following and please feel free to quote me.

1.   Yes we have just sprang up, everyone has to start somewhere, We have been personally mining for a few months and we want to be part of the ASIC wave which I think we can all say is coming in the next few months Avalon have already started and I don’t need to talk about BFL. 
2.   The hardware development companies we are using (names will become public shortly) have many years of ASIC and FPGA development behind them and we are confident that with their expertise we can produce and deliver when they become public so will there work and you can purchase there designs and see all the publicly available information on them
3.   Let me be very clear on this one our web shop is not taking payments for ANY products today at all. We will only open up for payments when we have some more significant specs to provide. We have opened up for registration only and so that when we do launch a product we will hopefully have a bit of history so point 1 will become less of an issue.

Things that will happen this week
We are going through Thawte to get a EV certificate so our website will be https to give you extra confidence. We will be constantly posting on our news pages of the progress we make in the next few weeks,
We are holding daily meetings with the partners and getting reports on progress on the development, we are faces with some challenges and some decisions that will be made,

We will use the voting section on our site to allow as getting feedback on things like power consumptions requirements and device size. Time is at the essence and we will take feedback and suggestions from anyone in this early stage to actually drive the development with real user requirements

ONLY then when we have enough stats and some hard figures will we launch the ability to enter the order queue, so before that day comes I would like to ask all the Secptics out there, to please comment here and reply. The more you ask questions the more I will try to produce something that will enable you to trust us. I understand that this need will disappear after we actually ship and everyone feel free to actually wait to place the order. But the more people that register the more our hardware partners will through resources at it and the faster we can get something that you can actually order and mine with

As for names behind the company I can give you two names today

Mine is Sam Cole and my college is Andreas Kennemar the company we hold together is called Kennemar & Cole Hense the KNC in the name of KNCminer our other business is an IT consultancy in Sweden we have a site called www.hitta.se you will find  us both on there,

Will you be trying to rape everyone by charging prices that most middle class working people can't afford like $10,000 for a miner or are you going to  charge a more reasonable price? The only reason I could ever think of why you guys would want to sell mining hardware because you are already making a ton of money mining already is to make as much money as you can. Could you give us at least an approx price range?

Thanks

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:22:27 AM

Will it be possible to pick the miners up in person and pay via cash?
Why are yourprices in USD when you are situated in the EU?

What prices? I don't see prices anywhere on their page.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:27:51 AM

Really hope this project is legit. Full support!

This would be great if they actually come out with a product AND start shipping before BFL. Hahahahaha.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:30:02 AM

Orders registered. Look very forward to seeing how this turns out.

If your company can produce a product even equal in stats to the Avalon Asic, you will be unable to keep units in stock. The market needs another competitor right now in a bad way. This will further decentralization, and increase distribution to the masses. Especially at the price point that's being toyed with. Please don't release a product at the price points the other players are playing at (like say a 20ghs miner @ $1500.) You have an amazing opportunity here to benefit the whole community. Your choice to accept PayPal is an honorable one and for any naysayers out there, it should be enough to convince them to spend their money with you. At worst case, they could always request a refund through PayPal.

If they release before Avalon customers get their units they will be quite pissed off, since they paid what, $6000 or more. WOW what a bummer and NO REFUNDS with the Avalon either. Man, it feels real good to see a possible potential company that isn't a scam. Who knows, we will see.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:30:24 AM

I certainly haven't heard anything from them ....
I'd think that wanting cgminer support would be ideal for any startup ASIC company,
and an easy (and cheap) way to prove they are for real once they produce something ...

And you won't, Kano, for they went with Luke, opting for somebody with a track record for showing proof that an entity has shipped.
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:35:34 AM

Postförskott? ^^

You will have a hard time convincing people to pay for preorders without a past track record, I wouldn't do it myself no matter how good/convincing information you were to release.

I would gladly come and pick up a few unit and pay for them in person but there is no way in hell me or 99,9% of the rest of this forum would take the chance to order from a completely unknown company. Then again there is that 0,01% better hurry up and take their money.

If you are completely legit the first thing you need to do is get a unit(s) out to trusted members of this forum to verify that you actually have a product.

and being a registered company in sweden means nothing really "Kameraexperten" and the 2-3 similar sites that pops up for just before Christmas comes to mind ;P
Rodyland

Activity: 499

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:38:01 AM

Postförskott? ^^

You will have a hard time convincing people to pay for preorders without a past track record, I wouldn't do it myself no matter how good/convincing information you were to release.

I would gladly come and pick up a few unit and pay for them in person but there is no way in hell me or 99,9% of the rest of this forum would take the chance to order from a completely unknown company. Then again there is that 0,01% better hurry up and take their money.

If you are completely legit the first thing you need to do is get a unit(s) out to trusted members of this forum to verify that you actually have a product.

and being a registered company in sweden means nothing really "Kameraexperten" and the 2-3 similar sites that pops up for just before Christmas comes to mind ;P

Units to trusted forum members would work. As would hashing power demos on live or test.  Both even?

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:44:13 AM

Hashing demonstrations could be faked since all you really had to do was get hold of a few Avalons and hide them somewhere ;P

Id happily preorder if I could come pay for it in person on pickup (hey it's like 2h by train :p) or pay for it at delivery, if you expect deposits for preorders then you will have to provide some impressive proof that your product is real.

I'm hoping you are real, even wishing it! Can't say I'm looking forward paying import tax for my BFL/Avalon orders and having an ASIC company so close to home would be awesome.
kncminer (OP)

Activity: 79

Bringing new ASIC miners to life

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:52:28 AM

Hi All,

We have been busy which is why you have not heard from us, I will try to answer some quick questions.

First the PayPal vs BTC question.

We will accept both!

Second hardware spec’s

You are all correct we will publish stats on working prototypes with clear and unquestionable evidence (Video/ photograph/youtube/ newspaper reviews/personal checks) that we have working products. We will first publish this to the people who have registered on our site. They and only they (who have registered before publication date) will be given the ability to complete their preorders. Devices will then ship in the weeks after as they are made tested and sent.

For other questions and ones that I have failed to answer form the forum

We have started to add an FAQ to our site. We will build on that with the repeat questions we receive.  If I have not returned a personal response to your question look at our site first If you have a genuine question (we do get quite a few which are very strange) we will do our best to either publish the answer on our FAQ or reply to you directly

Sam

Best regards

Kncminer

kncminer.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:09:08 AM

I quit reading here to comment:

Hi All,

We have been busy which is why you have not heard from us, I will try to answer some quick questions.

BULLSHIT! This we and us is bullshit. It's I. I only. If it truly were a we/us, then one of you guys could have take a few minutes to address a couple issues. There is no motherfuckin' way you can tell me/us that you've been too busy doing whatever tending to a product that doesn't exist.

EDIT: Got your vaporware operation mixed up with another. You are the two-man ASIC vaporware outfit. My bad! Hard to keep all these straight.

In your FAQ, please address how your operation will address the FCC regulations.
kncminer (OP)

Activity: 79

Bringing new ASIC miners to life

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:13:55 AM

Hashing demonstrations could be faked since all you really had to do was get hold of a few Avalons and hide them somewhere ;P

Id happily preorder if I could come pay for it in person on pickup (hey it's like 2h by train :p) or pay for it at delivery, if you expect deposits for preorders then you will have to provide some impressive proof that your product is real.

I'm hoping you are real, even wishing it! Can't say I'm looking forward paying import tax for my BFL/Avalon orders and having an ASIC company so close to home would be awesome.

What I can say is that we will never be able to convince 100% of the people. We understand that.

If I ship 5 units to 5 forum members and they all say it works. I still don’t believe 100% of the previously burnt users would trust any (personally to them) anonymous forum member.
But sure it might increase our trust and we are looking into it.

A better option for us might be to pay the cost of 5 flights and 5 hotels, to 5 forum members and bring you all over to Stockholm Sweden. Have a look at our devices. You can then pay in person for the device which you would be able to take home with you.

If that’s what we have to pay and that results in 1000 More sales. It is a business case and a PR exercise I will be willing to look more into.

I can say today that we will make public all of the evidence we think is both fair and reasonable. Mass shipment is the best evidence I can think of. That will mean hundreds of people with evidence of working boxes.
I whole heartedly agree that everyone should wait until they are comfortable of buying from an international seller. I say this to everyone. Do not order until you have seen the evidence that makes you content. If waiting until we have items in stock and out in the market is what makes you content. Then register on our site for the 500+ list and simply don’t complete your preorder until you are happy.

Sam

Best regards

Kncminer

kncminer.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:26:32 AM

What I can say is that we will never be able to convince 100% of the people. We understand that.

If I ship 5 units to 5 forum members and they all say it works. I still don’t believe 100% of the previously burnt users would trust any (personally to them) anonymous forum member.
But sure it might increase our trust and we are looking into it.

A better option for us might be to pay the cost of 5 flights and 5 hotels, to 5 forum members and bring you all over to Stockholm Sweden. Have a look at our devices. You can then pay in person for the device which you would be able to take home with you.

If that’s what we have to pay and that results in 1000 More sales. It is a business case and a PR exercise I will be willing to look more into.

I can say today that we will make public all of the evidence we think is both fair and reasonable. Mass shipment is the best evidence I can think of. That will mean hundreds of people with evidence of working boxes.
I whole heartedly agree that everyone should wait until they are comfortable of buying from an international seller. I say this to everyone. Do not order until you have seen the evidence that makes you content. If waiting until we have items in stock and out in the market is what makes you content. Then register on our site for the 500+ list and simply don’t complete your preorder until you are happy.

Sam

Let me save you some money. In this thread several members have stated that they are willing to stop by and purchase in cash or with bitcoins from your facility provided the units are what you say they are. No need one iota to dole out one satoshi to accomplish this task, for they're willing to travel on their own dime.

For somebody claiming to have work in the financial field, I find you making such a statement peculiar.

Also, for somebody claiming to have in the financial field, I find your use of the English language similar to a barely-educated high schooler.

...until they are comfortable of with buying from an international seller.

Nobody who has gone to college as you two have should be making the mistake I've pointed out above, especially one working in the financial field.
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:34:06 AM

what is shadowy ASICminer up to? 

Making investors rich.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: