Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
coastermonger

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:04:15 PM

Kano, I always encourage a healthy sense of caution/skepticism but what's interesting to me is that if kncminer is a scam, they're accepting paypal.  Could this have been done to bolster a false sense of security? Sure.  But if kncminer takes your money via paypal and fails to deliver a product, you can dispute this and very likely win.  Paypal would require them to produce evidence of their product, evidence that they're a legit business, and especially evidence that they shipped something to your address.

Bitrated user: Rees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:04:18 PM

Afaik nobody knows how far they are in the process.
They could have nothing or might already have a prototype ready, but doesn't want to reveal anything just yet until everything is tested properly... so saying that is impossible is a bit silly without sitting on all facts.
premo

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:08:33 PM

if its reasonable priced ima order asap i really dont wanna order from avalon if batch 4 eva comes along n boy avalon im better of playn the euro lottery
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 05:17:44 PM

Kano, I always encourage a healthy sense of caution/skepticism but what's interesting to me is that if kncminer is a scam, they're accepting paypal.  Could this have been done to bolster a false sense of security? Sure.  But if kncminer takes your money via paypal and fails to deliver a product, you can dispute this and very likely win.  Paypal would require them to produce evidence of their product, evidence that they're a legit business, and especially evidence that they shipped something to your address.

Any bum off the street can easily set up a PayPal account, extract all the funds, leaving the account at zero. You may be able to get your funds back from PayPal, but PayPal would surely not be able to get them back from the bum.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:12:49 PM

They could have nothing or might already have a prototype ready, but doesn't want to reveal anything just yet until everything is tested properly... so saying that is impossible is a bit silly without sitting on all facts.
Um, they revealed that they have only just got that other firm involved ... so yeah that's what confirmed it was bullshit for me.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:25:23 PM

they should just order 200k avalon chips, that way they might have something to sell
collapse

Activity: 206
Merit: 102

step forward

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:42:28 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 07:59:22 PM by collapse

they're accepting paypal.  Could this have been done to bolster a false sense of security? Sure.  But if kncminer takes your money via paypal and fails to deliver a product, you can dispute this and very likely win.
Paypal guarantees NOTHING, only if the "scammer" has some "paypal money" in account. In other case you lose,..., all.

Elacoin-ELC,Betacoin-BET,Neutroncoin-NTRN,Americancoin-AMC,Stronghands-SHND,Craftcoin-CRC,DOGE,BCH,BTC,...,Bitcoin,...(and a lot more)
Linux updated wallets (source code) for: ELC, BET, AMC, NKT, SLING, CRC,...
[if (blocknumber > 115000) maxblocksize=largerlimit]   [I don't think the threshold should ever be 0.  We should always allow at least some free transactions.]
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:07:02 PM

well the benefit of paypal is that you can pay via paypal from your CC and do a charge back that way if they don't deliver
collapse

Activity: 206
Merit: 102

step forward

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:36:37 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2013, 04:03:41 PM by collapse

well the benefit of paypal is that you can pay via paypal from your CC and do a charge back that way if they don't deliver

If the scammer account = 0, Where the money comes? Paypal? I think that not,...
Only If credit card has insurance, but depends of credit card,...

Elacoin-ELC,Betacoin-BET,Neutroncoin-NTRN,Americancoin-AMC,Stronghands-SHND,Craftcoin-CRC,DOGE,BCH,BTC,...,Bitcoin,...(and a lot more)
Linux updated wallets (source code) for: ELC, BET, AMC, NKT, SLING, CRC,...
[if (blocknumber > 115000) maxblocksize=largerlimit]   [I don't think the threshold should ever be 0.  We should always allow at least some free transactions.]
zinner27

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:53:56 PM

Have been in contact with them by the phone today. Seems legit.

They couldn't reveal detailed info about the product or the date because if they say "A" it will spread and if they can't delliver then loads of bs will be floating around on the net( just check BFL threads).

And you can preorder without paying at the moment, when more detailed info about the product will be out(on their homepage) preorders will receive e-mail and will have to pay for their order or loose their place in queue.

chipd

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:44:35 PM

Um, they revealed that they have only just got that other firm involved ... so yeah that's what confirmed it was bullshit for me.

Not entirely true. They officially announced their partnership, which is not the same as "just started to work with".
We also have to be much more careful reading/listening in todays global society in general, as there's also language barriers to overcome which can cause a lot of confusion and misunderstandings.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:37:07 AM

Not entirely true. They officially announced their partnership, which is not the same as "just started to work with".
We also have to be much more careful reading/listening in todays global society in general, as there's also language barriers to overcome which can cause a lot of confusion and misunderstandings.
Now you are making up excuses for them ... that are also clearly not correct.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 01:02:24 AM

They couldn't reveal detailed info about the product or the date because if they say "A" it will spread and if they can't delliver then loads of bs will be floating around on the net( just check BFL threads).

And you can preorder without paying at the moment, when more detailed info about the product will be out(on their homepage) preorders will receive e-mail and will have to pay for their order or loose their place in queue.

Ergo, the concern, hence the trying to stop the scam in its tracks.

Do you really think they actually have a cutoff of 500 units? There is no way in hell we would be able to prove such an event.

First 500 pays 100% upfront to be in queue.
Next 500 pays 50%, then the other 50% prior to 2-3 weeks before shipping.

Either way, 1,000 people will be paying 100% prior to a vapor shipping announcement.

They can easily tell the first 1,000-2,000 people who sign up that they are of the first 500 people who HAVE to pay 100% as soon as they get an email from them. Where's the accountability that there would ONLY be 500 people offered this option. And, are we talking 500 people or 500 units? The text I read (sorry for not quoting) reads people.

If viable, KNCMiner was given ample opportunity to get in front of this before it exploded in their face, but now they seem to taking the stance that they don't want to be in the same position as the BFL threads, but that's exactly what they now have.

That said, anymore Newbies care to share with us your positive conversations with KNCMiner?

NEXT!
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:36:37 AM

Pre ordered 5 units order number #614 how can i be in the first 500 if im 614 did i get scammed???!!! Multiple sad faces, i like this company though they put out vaporware and i get to put vapor pre orders lol
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:45:11 AM

They already quoted a date (summer 2013), are they now retracting that and going with a TBH?
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 01:47:02 AM

Ergo, the concern, hence the trying to stop the scam in its tracks.

Do you really think they actually have a cutoff of 500 units? There is no way in hell we would be able to prove such an event.

First 500 pays 100% upfront to be in queue.
Next 500 pays 50%, then the other 50% prior to 2-3 weeks before shipping.

Either way, 1,000 people will be paying 100% prior to a vapor shipping announcement.

They can easily tell the first 1,000-2,000 people who sign up that they are of the first 500 people who HAVE to pay 100% as soon as they get an email from them. Where's the accountability that there would ONLY be 500 people offered this option. And, are we talking 500 people or 500 units? The text I read (sorry for not quoting) reads people.

If viable, KNCMiner was given ample opportunity to get in front of this before it exploded in their face, but now they seem to taking the stance that they don't want to be in the same position as the BFL threads, but that's exactly what they now have.

That said, anymore Newbies care to share with us your positive conversations with KNCMiner?

NEXT!

^^ now ya done it.. our resident asic scam detector has flagged you.

What these people/companys dont understand is that sentiment grows astronomically and once you get into BFL land the community will digital lynch youre brand!

Behave in a manner thats authentic and the community will reward you greatly.. Silence breeds concern and concern turn into fear and uncertainty and when you are asking people to invest in your company or brand at such as scale and you ask of them "trust"... You better be authentic, genuine and forthcoming at the minimum.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:59:39 AM

at this rate you guys will have found out more about their project than they know themselves! Cheesy

What project!!?! lolz  Man the density in some of these threads is ruthless!!

I mean seriously wtf! If i was a company selling rubber penguins and i had this much interest in my company i would be fucking front and center!

What variant of yellow? Recycled rubber?? Beak or no beak ? lolz

Im really learning alot from these asic manufacturers threads. I think im in the wrong business. I need to be selling bullshit! F**k me ..

Beak or no beak bitches! Just remember that line .. 

We need to pony up and send btc to Phinnaeus Gage for trying to stop the herds from jumping off the edge of the cliff!

btw, i know a taxi driver in stockholm and if i can reach him maybe we need to get a wrong address pizza delivery going! lolZ

pizza delivery!!!--->>  we didnt order a pizza!

taxi driver: so ya make asics eh?? lolz

Where is my engagement ring you bastard!!
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:14:53 AM

^^ lolz.. beak or no beak shirts coming soon!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pizza

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:23:15 AM

So BFL who throws quarters at people 1 year with pre money NOT SCAM
Kncminer partnership with a legit 11yr old company, not taking any money BIG SCAM SAUCE

Did i understand everything correctly?
chipd

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:25:04 AM

Now you are making up excuses for them ... that are also clearly not correct.

No I'm certainly not.
I'm only stating facts and correcting people who assume things instead of taking the time to read properly. Wink

What is not correct about that?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: