Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:35:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:54:44 PM

Think yourselves very lucky you can find people to buy it for 2000 sats that is already stupidly high for this sdc copy and paste job and is only possible because it is collusion not to sell lower.

Well, it's simple. Either I am wrong, or time and Spectre devs will prove you wrong. Wink Wanna make a bet?

Although, by calling Spectre an "SDC copy" you prove that you have no idea what you are talking about, so better think twice before making bets, hehe. Grin

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rikki_Tikki_Tavi

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:18:51 AM

Hi Dev, This coin needs to be on a Chinese exchange. I needs to be on BTC38 exchange and BCC exchange.

Grin
mandica (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:55:09 AM

i guess 1$ is my minimal target for xspec. 5$ should be possible too & i can wait some years for that no problem ....

keep it on and take the time you need for development. no need to rush things out.

At 1$ (20M market cap) the real fun starts, because I (and hopefully some other ICO investors?) will start to donate parts of my gains back to the project, to make this software widely adopted. That's the advantage of having a vastly underrated ICO.  Wink Visionaries who have been supporting the project from the very beginning, will suddenly have a ton of money. Donating it back for development starts a process of exponential growth. Sometimes, "accidents" like that make a project unexpectedly successful. From that point, potential clones will simply have the disadvantage of having much less funding.

Why at $20M? Because the current devs should easily be able to achieve that on their own, hehe. Cheesy I agree that this is the minimum price goal one should have.

I would call it a minimum medium term goal. One that seems very achievable if we stay on track with planned development. This equals a very good opportunity for long term investment, especially since the price is still very reasonable for new investors.

LOL this echo chamber is still going??

these 80 sats tokens the majority owned by 10 people will never be taken seriously.

You can not distribute a token like that.

Think yourselves very lucky you can find people to buy it for 2000 sats that is already stupidly high for this sdc copy and paste job and is only possible because it is collusion not to sell lower.

Just give us a few days and there will be an extensive update and a white paper. We aim to improve on our predecessor SDC and make this work. We have expanded our team by hiring an additional programmer as well and if you follow our updates you know what we are doing right now. You will see that 2000 sats is low once we have the updates out and run some proper PR.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:15:10 PM

Roadmap last updated: 7th May 2017

Donations for development welcome [XSPEC]: SPf1urM3GR5onKwwRAavYatS7ZHmwaCc8o

New updated GUI wallet w/ 'QTWebEngine' or 'C++/QML/QtQuick'
QtWebKit as it is used in the current wallet is outdated web technology. We will consider an upgrade to QtWebEngine / Electron which are updated technology. However, both QtWebEngine / Electron come with a significant performance overhead for native apps. Our aim therefore is to totally get rid of any web dependent technology from the wallet and instead re-design a new GUI wallet with C++/QML/QtQuick/JavaScript. This would reduce the resources consumed by the wallet and give it a native (OSX / Win) and professional look and feel without bringing any additional performance issues (as web technologies usually do when they are used inside native desktop or mobile apps). The Bitcoin GUI wallet was originally developed using QtWebKit and since most of the cryptocurrencies were created by cloning the Bitcoin source, the QtWebKit dependency is an issue for all the crypto wallets building on Bitcoin or SDC. We seek to free ourselves from this and create a more professional GUI wallet that is in line with other OSX / Win apps in common use.
Time estimate: 12-24 weeks

Dependency Improvements
All the suitable versions of third-party dependencies (boost, libevent, etc.) should be included in the GitHub repo as sub-projects; No third-party dependencies should be used from random system folders, all of the dependencies should be inside the project tree. This will be completed to avoid complications and simplify the build process.
Time estimate: 1-2 weeks

Add automated build script for third-party dependencies
Script (bootstrap.sh) should be able to detect platform and arch and build required versions of dependencies; Supported platforms should be: linux32, linux64, MacOSX, Windows 32 bit and Windows 64 bit; This will simplify the “Getting Started Guide” for all developers to two simple steps:
1. Clone sources from github;

2. Run bootstrap.sh in terminal;

This will enable more developers to build the project; The more developers who will be able to successfully build the project the more will contribute to it or test it.

Add Vagrant support
This will give everyone an opportunity to compile the project for all supported platforms on a single machine with a “single click”. This will allow any developer to easily run cross-platform tests for their changes / pull-requests. Being able to run cross-platform tests will help to avoid platform-dependent errors.
Time estimate: 2-3 weeks

Improve spectre.pro file
Build_* options are redundant, linux|macos|win32|win64 options are already available for qmake; add separate library includes for win32 and win64; don’t use C:\some\system\path includes; add multiple small improvements and fix warnings.

Tor & Tor obfuscation upgrades
We will integrate the latest version of Tor that includes ‘obfs4 - The obfourscator’ that is a look-like nothing obfuscation protocol. This means that the whole of the Spectre network will under Tor ONLY and all the nodes will connect through a .onion address. In addition, the obsf4 protocol means that the Tor traffic itself it hidden from the ISP and so Spectre will not be blocked in China, Iran and other countries that aims to block Tor use. https://github.com/Yawning/obfs4
Time estimate: 3-6 weeks

Implement autoupdater submodule
Updated versions will be automatically downloaded from GitHub release pages when user starts an older version of app on his/her machine; this will significantly simplify distribution process.
Time estimate: 3-6 weeks

Add support for Google Breakpad
We are committed to producing high quality and efficient code. The addition of error reporting features means that the application will exit cleanly on any crash and a crash dump will be generated automatically; on the next run user will be asked to send this dump to us. This will enable us to deal with bugs more efficiently. https://chromium.googlesource.com/breakpad/breakpad/
Time estimate: 4-6 weeks

Anonymous Chat Upgrade
We will update / upgrade the anonymous chat function in Spectre by making it more user friendly and intuitive. We will work towards a solution that will enable users to send files over the Spectre network anonymously.

Anonymous ‘Spectre Tokens’ upgrade
Spectre is a 'two-token' system and to complete totally anonymous transactions you need to use the 'Spectre-Tokens' (LINK). During the growth phase of the project we have seen that we need to rethink the way in which the 'Spectre-Tokens' are created and utilised. We are seeking to break down denominations further and create a pool of 'Spectre-Tokens' that can be combined into the desired amount to send. In addition, we seek to develop a new GUI module for sending 'Spectre-Tokens' where you will be able to easily choose the level of anonymity and see the amount available in the pool. This is an improvement from the SDC code. We will also seek to research ways of keeping the pool of 'Spectre-Tokens' topped up.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:20:08 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 03:20:14 AM by mandica

We feel that this ‘behind the scenes’ work is essential for a wider and more successful and fault free distribution which is the first step to wider adoption. It is essential that the user experience is good.
We have hired an additional professional developer w/ MSc Computer Applications, Computer science, B.eng. Computer engineering to stay with us for 4-6 months in addition to our existing team.
We will also complete a professional code review with Coinspect once the first version of the white paper is out.
This will ensure that Spectre has a rock solid code base and proper proof and review of the code and the technology.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 09:52:28 PM

Thank you for updating us on recent things happening at SpectreProject!  Cool
we're behind you.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
p3ngu1n

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:11:23 AM

Great. Smiley
I hope that more development will be made.
mandica (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:21:16 AM

Great. Smiley
I hope that more development will be made.

Yeah, we will fight to be the best!
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:39:29 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 08:03:29 AM by Gandalf86

Wooow ...  Shocked

Detailed Roadmap: Check.
Realistic time estimates: Check.
Suggested improvements from Slack are integrated: Check.
Being more open about the people involved with the project: Check.
Problems for Chinese users will be solved: Check.

I really love the idea of getting rid of the web technology stack! Kiss

Conclusion: Expectations exceeded once again, bright future ahead! Cool A fair market cap would be ~10-15M now, imo. Buy now as long as you can. The current ~800K is ridiculously low. This coin is at least on-par with Zcoin.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Alteredcoins

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:10:32 AM

Great to see this coin coming together! Thanks, team.
morningman

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:05:18 PM

A Windows wallet that will sync would be great
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:28:33 PM

My  one works perfect .What windows are you using ?I currently using windows 10.I guessing you have to update windows to get a working wallet

Hey guys just a quick question .Do i have to leave my wallet open and running in the background to get a staking?

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:31:55 PM

My  one works perfect .What windows are you using ?I currently using windows 10. I guessing you have to update windows to get a working wallet
Shocked  Huh I call BS on this. Grin

Hey guys just a quick question .Do i have to leave my wallet open and running in the background to get a staking?

YES.

It would be even greater if you would explain the problem in more detail; i.e. when was the last time it worked; what did you try so far etc.

CryptoJudgement

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:27:06 AM

A quick update:

1. We are releasing a white paper in the next week or so. Most likely on Sunday 30/04 or shortly after. This is a first revision and covers all current aspects of Spectre and future plans.
2. As with the white paper we will publish a more detailed and realistic road map with some more details.
3. Work is underway to streamline the GitHub repo and finish the new builds and create build scripts and other details to improve the project.

We are not idle!

is the whitepaper published yet? I can't find it.
allthebitandbobs

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:40:12 PM

K i have a shitty laptop i can keeep going for that amount of time .Just a few more questions .What roughly will the reward be .Let say  i have a 1000 coins and left the wallet open for 9 hours .How many coins will i expect to earn ?

ALso would it be safe leaveing the wallet open for that long? .Espically on windows if it is unattented  feel a hacker could easy get excess to my coin ?

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:39:21 PM

K i have a shitty laptop i can keeep going for that amount of time .Just a few more questions .What roughly will the reward be .Let say  i have a 1000 coins and left the wallet open for 9 hours .How many coins will i expect to earn ?

ALso would it be safe leaveing the wallet open for that long? .Espically on windows if it is unattented  feel a hacker could easy get excess to my coin ?

thats why you should encrypt each wallet with a safe password!

and i guess it is not really useful to let the wallet stake only 9hrs a day. i say let it run 24 hrs or don't stake at all

however just my 2 cents and you can try ....
allthebitandbobs

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:05:17 PM

and i guess it is not really useful to let the wallet stake only 9hrs a day. i say let it run 24 hrs or don't stake at all

[/quote]

Thanks for the info  i think i have the hang of it .Yep i encryted my wallet that is for sure  Grin..Also it seems the more coins you have the shorter time it takes to get a reward .So it only worth   your while staking if you have a lots of coins .

Man i am full of questions today .Let say i send coins to my private wallet .Would they be avaible for staking ?Are would i have to send then to my public wallet after  i receive then  sothey be avaible for staking ?

I getting more and more impressed with spectre every day  Cheesy

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:21:19 PM

Thanks for the info  i think i have the hang of it .Yep i encryted my wallet that is for sure  Grin..Also it seems the more coins you have the shorter time it takes to get a reward .So it only worth   your while staking if you have a lots of coins .

Man i am full of questions today .Let say i send coins to my private wallet .Would they be avaible for staking ?Are would i have to send then to my public wallet after  i receive then  sothey be avaible for staking ?

I getting more and more impressed with spectre every day  Cheesy

afaik it doesn't matter as long as your wallet is unlocked for staking only ofc but i'm not a staking pro  Tongue
malerowk

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:39:21 PM

Hey, I just invested into this coin, though I'm having some troubles with the client.

1. Currently I run the client on my pc for staking, tho whenever I start my pc my old wallet with the coins is gone and I have a new one. So everytime I have to take a copy of my backup to get it working.

2. I tried to install the Spectre client on my VPS but I always get this error:
http://image.prntscr.com/image/572603dc6bd843e38c5cda630b9ed672.png

OS of the vps is: Windows Server 2008 R2

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 10:47:53 PM

Hey, I just invested into this coin, though I'm having some troubles with the client.

1. Currently I run the client on my pc for staking, tho whenever I start my pc my old wallet with the coins is gone and I have a new one. So everytime I have to take a copy of my backup to get it working.

2. ---

1. It is a common fault, it has its origin in the bitcoin code, our wallet inherited it,
and it is also in our plans to overcome this.
Meanwhile many times it is enough to close the wallet and then open it again.

2. There are few here that can help you with servers, with pc there are many.
Maybe that's why they delayed, in answering you. 

Enter our slack community for specific help.  Smiley

https://slack.spectreproject.io/

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: