Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:34:27 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2017, 02:35:49 AM by allthebitandbobs

I am highly impress by the new  wallet  Wink .The fast tranction times and the low fees has made spectre my favourite coin to hell with bitcoin.A few seconds for a transaction  and nearly no fee  .I just have a few questions/concerns .

The wallet said tor connection online but how can it be connected to tor if i dont have it installed?
Also wouldnt me being on the regular internet   and that being connected to tor if it is make the tor connection pretty useless anyway ?

Are nearly all the coins premined are did i read the spectre front page wrong?That will discourage people bigtime .

Also what the deal with stacking .I guessing it a type of interest on your deposit ?If there only 25 million coins in supply where does the interest on the coins come from ?

Also i just back up my wallet.Let say my computer crashes what will i do with the dat file to get my wallet back?

Also dont forget you can spend your spectre coin here https://altcoinhorseraceing.com/wp/  .

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 02:57:00 PM

Ok let me clear things up for you! Smiley

The wallet said tor connection online but how can it be connected to tor if i dont have it installed?

The Tor code is integrated into the wallet. That's one of the features of this coin. Connecting to Tor requires a certain protocol, and the wallet itself uses this protocol.

Also wouldnt me being on the regular internet   and that being connected to tor if it is make the tor connection pretty useless anyway ?

Not sure if I understand your question correctly. If you are on the regular internet, nobody knows your Spectre address. There are so called stealth addresses that you can give to other people, that contain no information about your identity on the Spectre network like balance and your transactions. If you start a transaction from your wallet, then nobody can see what your IP address is, because you are connected to other peers via Tor.

Are nearly all the coins premined are did i read the spectre front page wrong?That will discourage people bigtime .

The coin is POS only, which means that the initial supply was instamined, and sold to investors during ICO. It's not discouraging, it is fair for everyone. The funds gained during ICO (which wasn't too much tbh) is for the developers to support their work.

Also what the deal with stacking .I guessing it a type of interest on your deposit ?If there only 25 million coins in supply where does the interest on the coins come from ?

It's called staking, like a "stake" not a "stack" Wink I suggest you read up on the internet what Proof-of-Stake (PoS) is and how it works.

Also i just back up my wallet.Let say my computer crashes what will i do with the dat file to get my wallet back?

Firstly, you should not only back up your wallet.dat, but also the clear text private keys using the "dumpprivkey" command in the debug window. Generally the wallet.dat is sufficient, but there may be problems when it's broken or sth.
Then, to restore your wallet, you can go to Wallet Management --> Import Wallet to import your wallet.dat.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:14:29 AM

Is there anything good news?I still cant run the win7 wallet,and the price go down...
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:22:18 AM

Is there anything good news?I still cant run the win7 wallet,and the price go down...

I'm afraid there are no news for you, neither good or bad. This project takes time, apparently ... which isn't a bad thing. But you gotta be patient in order to make your profit. Devs don't like to be so transparent about what is taking the most time, or how much time they are actually spending on development, so all we can do is hope and wait. And wait. And wait. And suddenly, hopefully, there will be new updates, improved codebase, nice documentation etc. Smiley

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Alteredcoins

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:18:07 PM

Here is what is going on behind the scenes with Spectrecoin development.

Lots to do to lock in a clean wallet plus a whitepaper and coming PR push.

FROM THE DEVS:

CURRENT TASK LIST FOR SPECTRECOIN:

1. Fix dependency hell:
- All the suitable versions of third-party dependencies (boost, libevent, etc.) should be included as sub-projects;
- No third-party dependencies should be used from random system folders, all of them should be inside project tree;
- Take a look at Qt project which includes third-party dependencies to avoid complications and simplify build process;

2. Add automated build script for third-party dependencies:
- Script (bootstrap.sh) should be able to detect platform and arch and build required versions of dependencies;
- Supported platforms: linux32, linux64, macos, windows32, windows64;
- This will simplify the “Getting Started Guide” for all developers to two simple steps:
  + clone sources from github;
  + run bootstrap.sh in terminal;
- The easier the Getting Started Guide the more developers will be able to build the project;
- The more developers will be able to successfully build the project the more will contribute to it or test it.

3. Add vagrant support to give everyone an opportunity to compile project for all supported platforms on a single machine with a “single click” (this is an important addition to the previous task):
- This will allow any developer to easily run cross-platform tests for there changes/pull-requests;
- Running cross-platform tests will help to avoid platform-dependent errors;

4. Fix and improve spectre.pro file:
- build_* options are redundant, linux|macos|win32|win64 options are already available for qmake;
- add separate library includes for win32 and win64;
- don’t use C:\some\system\path includes;
- add multiple small improvements and fix warnings;

5. Switch to the latest Tor version:
- possibly can fix current runtime issues with Tor submodule on Windows;
- improves Tor stability;

6. Fix runtime bugs for Tor submodule on Windows (if current bugs will remain in newer version of Tor);

7. Check for compile time and runtime errors on Linux and macOS platforms. Also check the app for memory leaks on all platforms;

8. Do a research on a topic “Is it possible to remove QtWebKit dependency or not?”:
- this module is deprecated, which means that it no longer receives any updates from official Qt developers;
- it will be a great improvement to the project if we will find a way to switch to QtWebEngine.

9. Implement autoupdater submodule:
- example is current Chrome or Firefox update process (click “update” button and wait for it to download changes);
- updated versions will be automatically downloaded from Github release pages when user starts an older version of app on his/her machine;
- this will significantly simplify distribution process;

10. Add support for Google Breakpad:
- application will exit cleanly on crash;
- crash dump will be generated automatically;
- on the next run user will be asked to send this dump to us.

NOTE1: after implementing steps 1-4 it will be much easier to detect, fix and test any other bugs.
NOTE2: steps #3 and #9 will significantly simplify distribution process.
NOTE3: step #10 will simplify bugreporting process and give us more info about the issue (crash dump from user machine).

ADDITIONALLY: We will also build in a Tor obfuscation function so our wallet doesn’t get blocked.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 07:35:02 PM

Wow, that's quite a list of todo's .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Alteredcoins

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:34:04 PM

Those who are selling now obviously can't see what is happening. HODL for .05 USD or more. Don't be suckers.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:49:22 PM

Those who are selling now obviously can't see what is happening. HODL for .05 USD or more. Don't be suckers.

$ .05 cents lol, that goal is extremely shortsighted. I'm looking forward to something like $5 or more. May take a couple years, but I almost never invest for the short term.

Real progress takes time, and lots of hard work.
Alteredcoins

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:41:00 AM

$ .05 cents lol, that goal is extremely shortsighted. I'm looking forward to something like $5 or more. May take a couple years, but I almost never invest for the short term.

Of course its extremely shortsighted! I'm asking why people can't just wait a short bit for more than double what it is now. I realistically don't think its worth much more than .06-.08 until the whitepaper is released shortly, along with the completed wallet and road to the APP. I think .50-$1 is something to look forward to after that, it will take a lot to get to $5.00, but I don't see why this coin isn't capable of 9+ in the very long term. I have seen less worthy coins go there. This is a "buy a shitload and hold" coin. I'm talking in the above comment to people who seem willing to sell for three and a half cents. Bonkers!
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:41:35 AM

Of course its extremely shortsighted! I'm asking why people can't just wait a short bit for more than double what it is now. I realistically don't think its worth much more than .06-.08 until the whitepaper is released shortly, along with the completed wallet and road to the APP. I think .50-$1 is something to look forward to after that, it will take a lot to get to $5.00, but I don't see why this coin isn't capable of 9+ in the very long term. I have seen less worthy coins go there. This is a "buy a shitload and hold" coin. I'm talking in the above comment to people who seem willing to sell for three and a half cents. Bonkers!

It appears there are a lot of kids that make $5 on their $20 investment, and are inclined to sell. The same thing happened with Bitcoin and Litecoin many, many times. Eventually these kids are priced out of the market. I agree with your take on the near future.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 03:17:28 AM

It appears there are a lot of kids that make $5 on their $20 investment, and are inclined to sell. The same thing happened with Bitcoin and Litecoin many, many times. Eventually these kids are priced out of the market. I agree with your take on the near future.

At the same time, there are a lot of people to take advantage of, to buy with these low prices. They believe in spectrecoin.
And the proof is that the price is the same, despite the ones that, badly sell, now. Because now too, the volume grew.
I will start selling something, but it will be a little later, when the price is greater than $ 6.00  Cool

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 12:52:57 PM

yeah a lot of people (or kids) just speculating on some milke money  Cheesy

but hey more to buy for us at cheap price ....

i guess 1$ is my minimal target for xspec. 5$ should be possible too & i can wait some years for that no problem ....

keep it on and take the time you need for development. no need to rush things out.

cheers
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:37:44 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 03:59:39 PM by Gandalf86

i guess 1$ is my minimal target for xspec. 5$ should be possible too & i can wait some years for that no problem ....

keep it on and take the time you need for development. no need to rush things out.

At 1$ (20M market cap) the real fun starts, because I (and hopefully some other ICO investors?) will start to donate parts of my gains back to the project, to make this software widely adopted. That's the advantage of having a vastly underrated ICO.  Wink Visionaries who have been supporting the project from the very beginning, will suddenly have a ton of money. Donating it back for development starts a process of exponential growth. Sometimes, "accidents" like that make a project unexpectedly successful. From that point, potential clones will simply have the disadvantage of having much less funding.

Why at $20M? Because the current devs should easily be able to achieve that on their own, hehe. Cheesy I agree that this is the minimum price goal one should have.

vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:20:57 PM

At 1$ (20M market cap) the real fun starts, because I (and hopefully some other ICO investors?) will start to donate parts of my gains back to the project, to make this software widely adopted. That's the advantage of having a vastly underrated ICO.  Wink Visionaries who have been supporting the project from the very beginning, will suddenly have a ton of money. Donating it back for development starts a process of exponential growth. Sometimes, "accidents" like that make a project unexpectedly successful. From that point, potential clones will simply have the disadvantage of having much less funding.

Why at $20M? Because the current devs should easily be able to achieve that on their own, hehe. Cheesy I agree that this is the minimum price goal one should have.

I would call it a minimum medium term goal. One that seems very achievable if we stay on track with planned development. This equals a very good opportunity for long term investment, especially since the price is still very reasonable for new investors.
PT92

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:11:52 AM

$1 is still nothing imo, long term (talking a few years) I wouldn't be suprised as this coin would be more among the other "dark"coins.
Alteredcoins

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:45:09 PM

The Cryptopia chart can be difficult to read. Set it to 2days/15min increments. Here, you can see more clearly what we have is an upward trend that keeps getting stifled by someone's clueless dumping. Patience will reward you.
Chibongvdg

Activity: 561
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:49:57 PM

Is there any faucet where we can get free spectrecoin?
Alteredcoins

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:52:29 PM

Is there any faucet where we can get free spectrecoin?

Not at this time. Would be nice to have, though.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:57:11 PM

I would call it a minimum medium term goal. One that seems very achievable if we stay on track with planned development. This equals a very good opportunity for long term investment, especially since the price is still very reasonable for new investors.

LOL this echo chamber is still going??

these 80 sats tokens the majority owned by 10 people will never be taken seriously.

You can not distribute a token like that.

Think yourselves very lucky you can find people to buy it for 2000 sats that is already stupidly high for this sdc copy and paste job and is only possible because it is collusion not to sell lower.

allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:23:56 PM

Wow all the negativity Tongue .Actuallly  out of all the coins out there spec is one fo the best  .Working wallet super secure low fees fast transactions only one that is tor enable No need for expansive electricty are mineing  .What the hell more you what Huh

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: