Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: 1

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XSPEC] Spectrecoin | Untraceable Tx | Ring Signatures | Tor Integration  (Read 115648 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 10:42:35 AM

From OP roadmap:

Tor & Tor obfuscation upgrades

We will integrate the latest version of Tor that includes ‘obfs4 - The obfourscator’ that is a look-like nothing obfuscation protocol. This means that the whole of the Spectre network will under Tor ONLY and all the nodes will connect through a .onion address. In addition, the obsf4 protocol means that the Tor traffic itself it hidden from the ISP and so Spectre will not be blocked in China, Iran and other countries that aims to block Tor use. https://github.com/Yawning/obfs4

Time estimate: 3-6 weeks

What's going on about this feature now?  Is it close to be reality?

I believe as mandica suddenly went to hospital for a few weeks, and also jbg was sick or something, I think the estimates of that roadmap need to be adjusted once again... You really learn to be patient with this project.  Grin Should be called ZenCoin...  Wink

But my impression from Slack is, even if there are many delays, devs are trying their best to create a great product, so the time waiting will hopefully be worth it.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:44:34 AM

Spectrecoin got huge potential. SDC was long time undervalued and then came the explotion.
After the adding of bittrex and coming updates (TOR etc.) we will see prices over 100k.
duyenwong

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:23:42 AM

Has anyone been successful in compiling the source code on linux, either with or without QT?  I get errors about event2/util.h in Tor.

if you're on ubuntu you need to
Code:
apt-get install libevent-dev 

Thanks, that helped compile on my Ubuntu desktop, and it runs fine.  However, it builds on raspi3 (lubuntu/ubuntu) but when I run spectre it gives :

tor_assertion_failed() : Bug : src/tor/memarea.c:127 ...

Does it work on the raspi3?

I did add another 1G of swap on the raspi, so there is around 1.5G before starting spectre. 
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:13:17 AM

Has anyone been successful in compiling the source code on linux, either with or without QT?  I get errors about event2/util.h in Tor.

Code:

Thanks, that helped compile on my Ubuntu desktop, and it runs fine.  However, it builds on raspi3 (lubuntu/ubuntu) but when I run spectre it gives :

I did add another 1G of swap on the raspi, so there is around 1.5G before starting spectre.  

Please file a bug report on Github: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre

I remember a similar problem on my Raspi3, now running it on a x86 server. I'm afraid that until someone fixes the problem, you'll not be able to use the Raspberry 3.  Undecided

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
duyenwong

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:25:22 PM

Code:

Please file a bug report on Github: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre

I remember a similar problem on my Raspi3, now running it on a x86 server. I'm afraid that until someone fixes the problem, you'll not be able to use the Raspberry 3.  Undecided

Thanks for confirming, won't waste more time on raspi3 then.
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:15:31 PM

Apologies for the silly question guys but how can I obtain the private key/passphrase for my Windows desktop wallet?

The beginning of a new era.
srqrebel

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:08:34 AM

Apologies for the silly question guys but how can I obtain the private key/passphrase for my Windows desktop wallet?

You create your own passphrase.  On the left side of the wallet, in the drop down list under "Backup," select "Change Passphrase" (or perhaps it says "Create Passphrase" initially - I don't recall).  The passphrase is used for unlocking the wallet.

I don't know how to obtain the private key, in fact I was wondering about that myself.  Any help would be appreciated.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
harvw

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:50:04 AM

You create your own passphrase.  On the left side of the wallet, in the drop down list under "Backup," select "Change Passphrase" (or perhaps it says "Create Passphrase" initially - I don't recall).  The passphrase is used for unlocking the wallet.

I don't know how to obtain the private key, in fact I was wondering about that myself.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know how to find the private key either. If you look in the spectrecoin 'roaming' folder, there appears to be a private key within the 'onion' folder although I'm not sure if it's the correct one.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:27:19 AM

You create your own passphrase.  On the left side of the wallet, in the drop down list under "Backup," select "Change Passphrase" (or perhaps it says "Create Passphrase" initially - I don't recall).  The passphrase is used for unlocking the wallet.

I don't know how to obtain the private key, in fact I was wondering about that myself.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know how to find the private key either. If you look in the spectrecoin 'roaming' folder, there appears to be a private key within the 'onion' folder although I'm not sure if it's the correct one.

Like with every other Bitcoin-based wallet... using the 'dumpprivkey' command in the Debug console.

If your wallet is encrypted, take a glimpse here and then use dumpprivkey: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356943.0

Type 'help' in the console to see what the syntax is.

harvw

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:08:10 AM

You create your own passphrase.  On the left side of the wallet, in the drop down list under "Backup," select "Change Passphrase" (or perhaps it says "Create Passphrase" initially - I don't recall).  The passphrase is used for unlocking the wallet.

I don't know how to obtain the private key, in fact I was wondering about that myself.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Like with every other Bitcoin-based wallet... using the 'dumpprivkey' command in the Debug console.

If your wallet is encrypted, take a glimpse here and then use dumpprivkey: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356943.0

Where can I find the debug console in the wallet?

allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:15:57 AM

K folks getting a bit redilcious now at this stage .I be asking here and on slack for the last few days now and still no answer on how to fix my wallet.Either i what to know how to resynce my current wallet  are  .Transfer the dat file to a new wallet on a new computer .It very concerning that what should be   be very easy fixes for the devs have no clear answers yet .O refer to a answer a few days ago that does not apply to my situation .O yeah great answer .

Seems nobody has half a clue how retore a wallet from a dat file

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
tts1521

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:22:41 AM

To restore a wallet from .dat you rename the back-up to wallet.dat and then you copy and replace in This pc -> Users -> your user -> AppData -> Roaming -> Spectre Coin.
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 05:55:59 PM

Thanks.

In the left panel, descend with the mouse, until the last menu, Tools ---> Debug
Open the new Debug screen, choose the Console window.

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
harvw

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:36:08 PM

Thanks.

In the left panel, descend with the mouse, until the last menu, Tools ---> Debug
Open the new Debug screen, choose the Console window.

Great. Thanks.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:37:41 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 06:59:23 PM by Gandalf86

My submission for the sticker contest (resized version):

Link: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170618/firvy5ag.png

The goal is to have a bumper sticker that can be placed in cities to make people aware of Spectre.

Remember, winner gets 0.25 BTC ($625 USD). Can anybody compete with me?  Wink

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:42:32 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 06:59:43 PM by Gandalf86

Minimalist version, which I also like: (resized version)

Link: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170618/rb3vskoq.png

These are prefect for putting on your laptop for example.

ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:14:58 PM

UPDATE!!

I am off long term sick and may be in and out of treatment for several weeks. Despite of this I have a hired programmer that I will catch up with in a few days. The white paper is almost done and we have plans and we have no intention to abandon this. There are still a number of people actively involved and when I am back on feet properly I will drive this forward.

In that respect and since I am in a hospital bed, I am looking for a person that can act as "exec manager" if you will so that I can keep in touch with. I will also set up a small group where the programmers and a temp "exec manager" and myself can communicate. I do not have the capacity to keep up with everyone. We currently have some funds for development but someone else will have to steer for a while until we are all back in good health.

Want to steer the project for a while, PM me here. I will read messages once a day. Nullsec is an admin in the Slack channel.

We have NOT abandoned this!

Hello, any news about this, do you find your temp "exec manager" ?
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 01:12:40 AM

The goal is to have a bumper sticker that can be placed in cities to make people aware of Spectre.

I've got a thought, maybe delete "currently" and use the new free line for a more visible website (it's a bumper sticker, right?)  Cheesy

luvbeening

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:51:44 AM

I've got a thought, maybe delete "currently" and use the new free line for a more visible website (it's a bumper sticker, right?)  Cheesy

no fees....really?
tekbe

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:40:29 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 04:28:32 PM by tekbe

Minimalist version, which I also like: (resized version)

Link: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170618/rb3vskoq.png

These are prefect for putting on your laptop for example.

Nice.
I'd say: go with the minimalist version! Smiley Even get rid of the "http://". Simple "spectreproject.io" will do.
the font family of looks a bit random to me though.

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: