Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 42988 times)
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:30:36 AM

Forensics starts with actually using your eyes...

Not sure what the implication of that statement is. 

Are you saying I needed to post commentary on the original image before I posted commentary on the image error level analysis?  If so, I didn't have anything useful to add to what was already said.

Or are you implying that the original image is so obviously faked that the error analysis is superfluous?  If so, I disagree because I think it adds some easily seen evidence.

Or is it something else?

This, especially because this error analysis doesn't seem to show much while the manipulation is very clear to see without using the tool.
Also note that the tool doesn't recognise the asics as copied. Apparently the forensics tool can be fooled. From the analysis you  would have never concluded that the asics were never on the board.
In fact, the error rate in that picture seems pretty steady overall so i don't think the analysis allows you to conclude it's fake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Epicblood

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:06:10 AM

I'm kind of teetering on the edge here, ceder seems to be providing valid responses, and both sides seem to have sound arguments. Think I will wait just a bit before ordering xD

1AbYgR1FspHBB5EqyaxX6MrT6jmc7eMVEQ
Looking for Scrypt miner for ML605
Revolutionary MoneyMaking! Build your own cloud miner!
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:21:39 AM

who would buy from them if they don't make used of escrow or credit card or paypal?
ragingazn628

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 07:43:00 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm an electronics HW design engineer with around 10years exp. The company I work for has designed mil spec electronics HW including mil spec ASICs.

Prototype ASICs are usually epoxy encased. The picture could be showing a BGA type Epoxy encased ASIC, hence the rounded side. BGA devices have the pins at the bottom.
Plastic encapsulation, with sharp square edges, doesn't occur until mass production.

TH components are commonly used throughout the prototype stage. The switch to Full SMD design happens later during mass production.

The TH components near the pictured ASICs could be, as mentioned before... micro-controller based ICs.

Just my 2 cents.

So english? Do you think this is legit? Lol
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:45:12 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm an electronics HW design engineer with around 10years exp. The company I work for has designed mil spec electronics HW including mil spec ASICs.

Prototype ASICs are usually epoxy encased. The picture could be showing a BGA type Epoxy encased ASIC, hence the rounded side. BGA devices have the pins at the bottom.
Plastic encapsulation, with sharp square edges, doesn't occur until mass production.

TH components are commonly used throughout the prototype stage. The switch to Full SMD design happens later during mass production.

The TH components near the pictured ASICs could be, as mentioned before... micro-controller based ICs.

Just my 2 cents.

So english? Do you think this is legit? Lol

He is saying it is possible, at a prototyping stage, to have a board and ICs that look like those given by CedarTec. That however doesn't confirm whether or not CedarTec is legit or an 'elaborate' scam. If they provided information like Avalon did such as the contracts with their foundry, verification of correctness and such, it would help to dispel all the 'scam, it's a scam, obvious scam' comments.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:59:24 PM

@CedarTec:

I can help you to make professional-looking PCB so you will be able to scam people with more success.
The price is 10BTC. Custom designed laser engraved plywood chips are also available.
PM for payment address if interested.

Grin

SteampunkASIC in 5...4...3...

If I were a scammer, this is definitely the route I would go.

Holy shit, Phin. I think that's the best-looking build I've ever seen in my life.
ub3rCoin

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:51:01 AM

Guys THIS IS A SCAM !!!

After examining the PCB in more detail, i have concluded this is a SCAM.
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:26:18 AM

¡­SCAM!
  E  n  d    D  i  s  c  u  s  s  i  o  n
jml

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 03:15:17 AM

Guys THIS IS A SCAM !!!

Please elaborate.

"Everything is a matter of degree"
hamstorg

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:50:32 AM

The level of amateur reeks from these scrub highschool dropouts. I think they do not understand that they are not facing the average joe when it comes to computer literacy or bitcoin ESPECIALLY ON THIS PARTICULAR FORUM I might add. They would have a better chance ripping people off involving themselfs in blackhat SEO scams. For example, some idiot has heard of bitcoin..whooo nilly let me buy them asci miners so I can get rich quick with plugging something in the wall. Goes on google -> asic miner, guess who coincidentally shows up in the search results : Our dearest BFL. And decides to buy one of these puppies. There you go, easy scamming, now lets start looking out for keywords in google shall we, im sure after they read this post they will get some crazy new scam going. Remember boys, GOOGLE a is a double edged sword. You may find someone, but WE can DEFINITELY find you. Except if you we're in the same pool skill as some of the oldschool players around here. But then there wouldn't be such puerile attempts of scamming people.

Back to the drawing board now.

I suggest, the forum should open up thread for these "newly formed" ASIC companies to adhere too. I.E a set of requirements that the bitcoin community here deems to be sensible in the ways of competition and legal points of view regarding the companies showing off their yet to be developed ASIC miners.

For example a couple of things we could take in consideration after the rather large influx of these new puppet asic company drama around the board.

Company background
Transparency
Proof(Pictures, test units, etc)

You can add or substract to these conditions, and I am sure lots of other experienced users could create or develop further. After all, we are their main customers, they should be sucking up to us(customers), and not us to these asic companies.

Best Regards,
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:33:39 PM

the funny part which seems like a lot of people missed is look at the chips in the 2nd picture they aren't even aligned properly. The 2nd chip in the 2nd row is lower then the others, and all the others seem at different angles.
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:10:48 AM

On the picture of the PCB you posted - what are the through hole DIP chips, and why the heck would you be using through hole components:

For the retro 80's look, you can't beat DIP-16s.
crisuch

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:56:57 PM

Hi Guys,

Just my 2 cents.

Guys THIS IS A SCAM !!!

ub3rCoin, TELL US WHY YOUR POINT OF VIEW HAS CHANGED...
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:48:07 PM

Hi Guys,

Just my 2 cents.

Guys THIS IS A SCAM !!!

ub3rCoin, TELL US WHY YOUR POINT OF VIEW HAS CHANGED...

Besides the obviously fake PCB?

In the left image with the ASICs, the rightmost chip covers the white silkscreen line about halfway between the SMT components in the red circle and the end of the white silkscreen rectangle. Look at the same silkscreen line in the right image, ironically title "proof.jpg". You can see the line extends past the SMT components in that picture, unobstructed by an "ASIC".
aeronautical

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 10:20:40 AM

I didn't notice that nice find, a good scammer would have a board made.

1ANHKck2nyq82anGDwWDrBy3HJknDpkgzn  marioc@ieee.org
crisuch

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:50:36 PM

Thank you, ub3rCoin. If Cedartec doesn't answer these inconsistencies, it should be considered a SCAM.
CedarTec (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:54:48 PM

Dear bitcointalk community,

as you can see we are using voltage regulators
and diodes on the pcb.
It is no problem to provide the needed voltages.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:57:16 PM

Dear customers,

and diodes on the pcb.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

diodes are important, it's good you have some of those.

Can you take a couple closeup pictures of the ASICs on that board?
Thanks
ub3rCoin

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:24:40 AM

Dear bitcointalk community,

and diodes on the pcb.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

Guys,

Dont fool yourselfs.

65nm IC power supplies need synchronously rectified BUCK converters, due to the lower voltages, to reduce heat, and they still require heatsinks.
These dont use Diodes, but use FETs as the upper and lower switch. (As in your PC around your CPU).

Also.. I dont understand how you can mount a BGA device ontop of a DIP pad??

LMAO is all i can say. Pathetic attempt.
ub3rCoin

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:26:33 AM

PATHETIC SCAM ATTEMPT.

Show use a naked PCB with no componets, both upper and lower sides, and ill retract my post.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: