Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:36:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with bitcoin-24.com WARNING! UPDATE!  (Read 38666 times)
TCollar

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:33:40 PM

So when he was saying his lawyers were applying pressure that meant his lawyers had never heard of it until some person called them.

Or am I spreading FUD?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donjoe

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:44:44 PM

You're avidly attaching yourself to every little piece of seemingly bad news and insisting on blowing a trumpet about it every time, calling Simon names and making smart-ass comments with not a single constructive word in them, so yes, you're still a FUDder to me.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:48:28 PM

So when he was saying his lawyers were applying pressure that meant his lawyers had never heard of it until some person called them.

Or am I spreading FUD?

Some person called the lawyers whose legal statement Simon grabbed from their website. I would really like to know who is Simon's lawyer.
aby

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:58:45 PM

If the bitcoin community is a good reflection of real life stock brokers, then I can see why the slightest amount of FUD causes so much turmoil on the reallife exchanges. Just look at what happend with Gox a couple of days ago.. if everyone would've kept their cool for a while, instead of all the hysteria, stuff usually, works out.

The only one who knows whats going on is Simon, and while I agree he should give more information, I still believe he's doing all that's in his power to solve it.
TCollar

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:09:41 PM

You're avidly attaching yourself to every little piece of seemingly bad news and insisting on blowing a trumpet about it every time, calling Simon names and making smart-ass comments with not a single constructive word in them, so yes, you're still a FUDder to me.

I am.  Bad news needs to be dissected and exposed.  Like it good areas of the more mainstream economy things like my eventless and pleasant bitcoin selling at Starbucks do not need to be mentioned though they happen every other day.  Others like me have similar experiences.

Why not use pressure to make Simon be more honest about what is happening and hope it serves as a cautionary tale for the next person with no experience who says "hey!  I know!  A bitcoin exchange for hard currency!  What could possibly go wrong?"

To me FUD is "bitcoin is untested...in spite of its daily use I dunno" and not "Scams look scammy so maybe scammy looking things is also a scam?"

Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:13:41 PM

I still believe he's doing all that's in his power to solve it.

I´m giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he really should have himself a crashcourse in communication.
aby

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:17:05 PM

I still believe he's doing all that's in his power to solve it.

I´m giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he really should have himself a crashcourse in communication.

+1000 on that.
aby

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:21:47 PM

our engine is checking the account balance before withdrawing. with this issues we had, the orders are not succeeded completely. But the users has seen it in their accounts.
tonight we are working on a withdrawing page. I hope that I can publish it tomorrow in the day.
dollars and bitcoins withdrawals will be allowed asap, before EUR withdrawing, because only the EUR bank account is closed, not the USD, GBP and PLN.
There you can also see, that I (Simon Hausdorf) have no problems with the government. It is only the bank account wich has problems! If I had problems, they should also close my private bank account and also the BTC24 Limited USD, GBP AND PLN Bank accounts on the same bank!
source: http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46/comments/

He seems rather active today. He also wrote a German reply; my german is a bit rusty but I believe he is using the same lawyers MtGox is using in Poland.
Next to that, he plans to sue for loss of income..but we already knew about that plan.

I'm getting slightly more hopefull. I hope when this shit does gets solved, everyone spreading FUD will have the damn courtesy to give him a donation.
Dennichio

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:30:33 PM

I did a transaction to my bitcoin 24 account last thursday, before the shutdown. Does anyone know if the deposit will get canceled?
MagicBit15

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Let's Start a Cryptolution!!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:31:41 PM

I have hear seperate issues as well definitely stay away!!

Tips for Tips: 1Jy8ZycPNjnwNLevNwoRRqPAKkZ8Fqnukc
I won the poetry contest!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219714.40 Thank You, Sir Lambert!!
+5 Rep: Successful Forum Transactions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176117.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209024.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233052 Check My Rep!!
aby

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:14:56 PM

The pastebin holds a lot of information!

5 million has been frozen in Poland.. but apparantly there is a back-up account which has about 2 million.

Also:

<TAiS46> Casimir1904 / all: if they really froze the bank account for 3 month! I will sell my private bitcoins for you money. I will think about, how I will handle it. maybe that the user can only exchange some % of their money to BTC … but i must also ask my lawyer what he says about this.

.. I think a lot of hysteric people misjudged this guy...

fydel

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

Hasta la Bitcoin siempre!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:33:57 PM

-tell us how much money (in btc or $) that was lost due to the buggy engine

Here are my experiences with btc24:
- A friend of mine told me in January that his coins were doubled after buying some and he could withdraw them (karma -1 for him)
- In January after buying coins for myself they were credited doubled too (+49 BTC). I told this to support on irc to the user "unflux" and I after that my balance was -49 BTC on the website
- In Feburary after buying bitcoins they were not credited. I talked to support via emall and they were credited. This happend another time but was also solved by support.
- One week ago I withdrew 53,99 BTC and they were not credited. Status "confirmed" but nothing in blockchain.

Ok. It looks like the mutliply bug was in effect since January and wasnt solved by code changes. I think they were hardcoding the balance changes directly in the mysql database. If this is the case TAiS46 has to deal with a fucked up and inconsitent database.
It is very hard to believe that no coins were lost.

So...Our funds are safe? Please convince me that they still are.

hamster
yucca

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 12:22:48 AM

5 million has been frozen in Poland.. but apparantly there is a back-up account which has about 2 million.

Also:

<TAiS46> Casimir1904 / all: if they really froze the bank account for 3 month! I will sell my private bitcoins for you money. I will think about, how I will handle it. maybe that the user can only exchange some % of their money to BTC … but i must also ask my lawyer what he says about this.

So does this mean that all Bitcoins will be safe and some % of money will be safe?

aby

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:49:07 AM

Also:

So does this mean that all Bitcoins will be safe and some % of money will be safe?

If I do simple math, the bitcoins are 100% safe while with Euro's you now have a ~50% guarantee dependant on how quickly the polish bank opens up.

While I'm still worried what course this polish bank affaire will go, he mentioned he can still withdraw USD's and polish money. If that really is the case, then I expect it to be cleared soon and no later than 3 months max. Which is a lot ofcourse, but I heard some guy mentioning 5-10 years.. which would be a horror scenario.

Anyhow, if the withdrawals for USD/PLN's are indeed succesfull, then I expect this to blow over very soon.
BitcoinFreak123

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:22:22 AM

HEY SIMON, IF YOU GIVE ACCESS TO MY 400 BITCOINS (AT TIME OF BLOCKING WORTH ALMOST 80 EURO) WHNE THEY ARE WORTH 40 EURO, YOU MIGHT ALSO JUST NOT GIVE THEM AT ALL. HEY, YOU KNOW WHAT, IF YOU GIVE THEM BACK WHEN THEY ARE WORTH NOTHING YOU CAN KEEP THEM FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:02:51 AM

Does anybody, by chance, have the account data for the Polish bank account, maybe even for the German one?
Sending my lawyer after my 15000€.

The Bafin has nothing on bitcoin-24 and Simon.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:03:54 AM

The Bafin has nothing on bitcoin-24 and Simon.

By this I mean that my lawyer inquired with BAFIN  and it turned up nothing.
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:34:37 AM

HEY SIMON, IF YOU GIVE ACCESS TO MY 400 BITCOINS (AT TIME OF BLOCKING WORTH ALMOST 80 EURO) WHNE THEY ARE WORTH 40 EURO, YOU MIGHT ALSO JUST NOT GIVE THEM AT ALL. HEY, YOU KNOW WHAT, IF YOU GIVE THEM BACK WHEN THEY ARE WORTH NOTHING YOU CAN KEEP THEM FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

Can I have them then?

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:45:46 AM

Does anybody, by chance, have the account data for the Polish bank account, maybe even for the German one?

+1
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 10:00:10 AM

So does bitcoin-24.com still have problems? If yes, I will ask my customers to stay away from them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: