Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:32:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with bitcoin-24.com WARNING! UPDATE!  (Read 38668 times)
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:50:31 PM

That's not all. According to a post in the btc24-help forum, this may have been a more serious matter than some simple suspicions: apparently Simon was in breach of European AML legislation by allowing anyone to trade large amounts of money on his website without having to provide any personal identification. When you think about it, an exchange like his could very well (have) be(en) used to launder money by some seriously bad people.

So, the only way out is a KYC/AML claims process? After that, he might be able to continue operation, but probably not before.

Will Simon be able to handle this?

How does that work for BTC?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

That's not all. According to a post in the btc24-help forum, this may have been a more serious matter than some simple suspicions: apparently Simon was in breach of European AML legislation by allowing anyone to trade large amounts of money on his website without having to provide any personal identification. When you think about it, an exchange like his could very well (have) be(en) used to launder money by some seriously bad people.

So, the only way out is a KYC/AML claims process? After that, he might be able to continue operation, but probably not before.

Will Simon be able to handle this?

How does that work for BTC?

I would guess that it really doesn't matter what asset of you btc24 is holding, based on the claims processes we've had in the past years. (This is assuming he's not actively trying to hide the assets, in which case btc holders would have a hard time.)
pedro82

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:42:55 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 02:41:11 AM by pedro82

This guy shouldn’t be sue, he should be hunted by costumers and forced to release what he is  holding from others. Arrest, liberty restriction  or material seizure will only serve has another excuses for his lack of action.
This guy behave like he is hiding something very wrong,  If he does not run/hide in next few days he is going to crash in whatever hands !  

PM me to build a team to chase him down... it will serve for others example !
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:25:24 AM

This guy shouldn’t be sue, he should be hunted by costumers and forced to release what he is  holding from others. Arrest, liberty restriction  or material seizure will only serve has another excuses for his lack of action.
This guy behave like he is hiding something very wrong,  If he does not run/hide in next few days he is going to crash in whatever hands !  

I don't think he's hiding something. But his communication is extremely bad.

The bitcoins are an issue... the banks have been explained.

SIMON PLEASE JUST COMMUNICATE WHAT'S GOING ON AND GIVE PEOPLE THEIR BITCOINS BACK BEFORE THEY GET TOO UPSET

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:17:31 AM

SIMON PLEASE JUST COMMUNICATE WHAT'S GOING ON AND GIVE PEOPLE THEIR BITCOINS BACK BEFORE THEY GET TOO UPSET

What about the money? If he gives back the BTC before the investigation ends, and the police finds out, he will be in big trouble. 
pedro82

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:16:10 AM

What about the money? If he gives back the BTC before the investigation ends, and the police finds out, he will be in big trouble. 

Why? So it's better for him if police discover that he got money and BTC that does not belong him !
michaelGedi

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:08:46 AM

Why? So it's better for him if police discover that he got money and BTC that does not belong him !

If I was Simon, I would probably wait and assess the problem before acting.

Simon probably doesn't know what to do yet. In fact, it's clear he doesn't know what to do yet.

Now, give the problem he has, the best thing to do is wait and work out what to do.

Also, with all the bad mouthing that's been going on of him, he's probably a bit confused about how he feels about helping everyone.

I just wish he would communicate clearer, even if it's to give little updates and not make big decisions yet.

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

Newscastix

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:53:15 PM

Simon is alive and someone had contact with him recently.

You can check the latest posts at:

http://board.btc24-help.com

meyerbtc

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:11:44 PM

Simon is alive and someone had contact with him recently.

You can check the latest posts at:

http://board.btc24-help.com

ty
shantee

Activity: 381
Merit: 274

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:40:05 PM

Well that's good for him now why this damn asshole doesn't give our BTC back ! (and please don't tell ohh but you have to understand let him some time , this poor Simon as so much troubles, with the banks and blablabla)  ?

10 Great Bitcoin & Litecoin related domain name on sale ! | MY ltc adress : LdCEBkFWAoXNcXXgvJ2zGRk35ircZouUx8
donjoe

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:30:53 PM

As long as none of the users of bitcoin-24.com were ever required to submit any official identification papers, anyone who has an account on that website may actually be a money launderer. You start sending out BTCs when that suspicion has been raised, you're just asking for more legal trouble than you're already in.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
pedro82

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:49:40 PM

As long as none of the users of bitcoin-24.com were ever required to submit any official identification papers, anyone who has an account on that website may actually be a money launderer. You start sending out BTCs when that suspicion has been raised, you're just asking for more legal trouble than you're already in.

If he does not release, next few days, costumers btc he will drawn in sues and probably other troubles, there is a lot in stake  !

Don’t be naïf ...  it’s not a communication problem or restriction, something else happened here !
michaelGedi

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:06:19 AM

Read these 2 threads... finally someone is talking some sense

http://board.btc24-help.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81&sid=76ce23edbb991e13c2eb416231dcfd5f

http://board.btc24-help.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82&sid=28cfe5634e3a59f7c5c6fb4960c60ef9

pedro82

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:51:41 PM

Humm... Huh   Simon had gathered here: http://board.btc24-help.com/  a lot of friendly victims ...
Let’s talk . Any one here can tell me where can i find this poor guy , and how he looks like ?
yucca

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 01:41:13 AM

Just to report that my wife has succesfully transferred her 18 BTC from bitcoin-24 into her private wallet, so she is very happy.

So Simon has turned out to be a very trustworthy young man and much that has been said of him has turned out to be pure FUD.

I'm sure all the fiat will be resolved when the damned banks allow it. Luckily my wife only had <100 eur in fiat.

To me he is more trustworthy now than before the whole escapade happened. And should he develop Bitcoin24 V2 then I will definitely open up an account there.

No doubt he has learned much about exchange management through this so his next engine will be relatively solid, if he charged a small transaction fee then he could employ a few German precision UberGeeks to help harden and scale the system. And they'd be glad of a job, getting in on the ground floor of what may be a great dominant exchange.

kevcoins

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:42:44 AM

good to know that..
sambrose

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 06:36:20 AM

I would refrain from a wagering site where the admins don't respond in a timely manner. There are plenty of decent sites out there.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:37:58 AM

I would refrain from a wagering site where the admins don't respond in a timely manner. There are plenty of decent sites out there.

THE POINT

YOU
bitbadger

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:10:36 PM

Just to report that my wife has succesfully transferred her 18 BTC from bitcoin-24 into her private wallet, so she is very happy.

So Simon has turned out to be a very trustworthy young man and much that has been said of him has turned out to be pure FUD.

I'm sure all the fiat will be resolved when the damned banks allow it. Luckily my wife only had <100 eur in fiat.

To me he is more trustworthy now than before the whole escapade happened. And should he develop Bitcoin24 V2 then I will definitely open up an account there.

No doubt he has learned much about exchange management through this so his next engine will be relatively solid, if he charged a small transaction fee then he could employ a few German precision UberGeeks to help harden and scale the system. And they'd be glad of a job, getting in on the ground floor of what may be a great dominant exchange.
The Bitcoin infrastructure faces a whole heap of problems right now: hackers, ddos attacks, technical outages, wallet thefts, outright fraud. As well as a lack of reliable professional Bitcoin exchanges.

But the biggest problem is that "the authorities", what you might call the financial establishment,  ie government, banking cartel and financial regulators are all opposed to Bitcoin. They're actively opposed to Bitcoin exchanges and they're opposed to exchanging and transferring money to businesses that use Bitcoin. The more they find out about it, the more the oppose it. Banks are blocking or closing accounts of Bitcoin or Bitcoin related businesses all over the place right now often even without warning.

This type of action is occurring all over the world right now and we haven't seen the end of it. We're only at the start of it.

I wish Simon and his business well but these challenges and the hostility of the authorities make it a  difficult business to succeed in. It's going to be a struggle and a lot of creative ingenuity and determination will be needed from those involved if Bitcoin is to stand a chance to become a major player.

Coinmining

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:38:54 PM

I transferred my coins +24h ago...nothing in my wallet yet.

Did you guys recieve your bitcoins within 24 hours?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: