Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger  (Read 186281 times)
Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:40:29 AM

I am really interested in Quantum Computing so a coin like QRL is rally interesting. It is too bad with all the delays but I am hoping for an upcoming main net launch soon.
I have looked through the Whitepaper a bit and it is really impressive, like a thesis work.

Anyone here have any idea on what the fees are going to be like for the transacitons on the ultra secure Blockchain? I read a bit about the fees in teh Whitepaper but I didn't get an understanding of how much we can expect them to be. The transaction size will need to be larger compared to other ledgers which seems to imply a higher transaction fee since more work needs to be done. Will it be like bitcoin (which is pretty high right now) or will the QRL team be able to have it more like Litecoin? If any Developers (or experienced guessers) in this thread this would be very interesting to know.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cyyber

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:22:50 PM

I am really interested in Quantum Computing so a coin like QRL is rally interesting. It is too bad with all the delays but I am hoping for an upcoming main net launch soon.
I have looked through the Whitepaper a bit and it is really impressive, like a thesis work.

Anyone here have any idea on what the fees are going to be like for the transacitons on the ultra secure Blockchain? I read a bit about the fees in teh Whitepaper but I didn't get an understanding of how much we can expect them to be. The transaction size will need to be larger compared to other ledgers which seems to imply a higher transaction fee since more work needs to be done. Will it be like bitcoin (which is pretty high right now) or will the QRL team be able to have it more like Litecoin? If any Developers (or experienced guessers) in this thread this would be very interesting to know.

While making transaction, user will have the option to decide how much fee, he/she would like to pay for the transaction. On the other hand, stake validators creating the block, will obviously process, the txns having higher fee first. Means people paying higher fee will be given higher priority. Its hard to say the exact value of fee, because it really depends upon the volume of transactions on a given particular time.
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:38:35 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 01:53:06 PM by WilderX

While making transaction, user will have the option to decide how much fee, he/she would like to pay for the transaction. On the other hand, stake validators creating the block, will obviously process, the txns having higher fee first. Means people paying higher fee will be given higher priority. Its hard to say the exact value of fee, because it really depends upon the volume of transactions on a given particular time.

This is my reasoning:

1) Transaction volume will stay low at first as QRL is mostly valued for it's store of value, security, most secure safe heaven for your crypto holdings if you will Smiley I know the whales will eventually see this  Grin

2) We will see exponential growth in transactions volumes once other features of QRL start to kick in such as post-quantum encryption directly in the browser. We can sign transactions and encrypt communication between browsers and nodes. Actually this is already a possibility in QRL, but it will take time while users, companies etc. see the potential of this. Let's say for example post quantum encryption between your browser and your bank and any such situations where you need the highest security in communications. I think this is going to be huge area for QRL!

and other features in the pipeline will surely raise transaction volumes on QRL once they are implemented. I am personally not worried about transaction costs I am ready to pay fair value for the highest security as should everyone!

I don't see QRL as a competitor in the microtransaction space where you want the cheapest transactions some other chain can do that. QRL is where you move and store heavy value and communications, signatures, identification etc. stuff that really matters that calls for highest security.

LEILO

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:06:47 AM

This will be over $1k in a next few years. Patience and time...shit doesn't get done overnight.
WilderX

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:40:30 AM

Tx costs will be far less than Bitcoin, because Bitcoin is Proof of Work based and QRL is Proof of Stake. There is no mining with heavy electricity consumption involved.

WilderX

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:46:39 AM

This will be over $1k in a next few years. Patience and time...shit doesn't get done overnight.

1000$+ ?

Shocked I have too few QRL. Must buy more!

Ebenezar64

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:41:38 AM

This is my reasoning:

1) Transaction volume will stay low at first as QRL is mostly valued for it's store of value, security, most secure safe heaven for your crypto holdings if you will Smiley I know the whales will eventually see this  Grin

2) We will see exponential growth in transactions volumes once other features of QRL start to kick in such as post-quantum encryption directly in the browser. We can sign transactions and encrypt communication between browsers and nodes. Actually this is already a possibility in QRL, but it will take time while users, companies etc. see the potential of this. Let's say for example post quantum encryption between your browser and your bank and any such situations where you need the highest security in communications. I think this is going to be huge area for QRL!

and other features in the pipeline will surely raise transaction volumes on QRL once they are implemented. I am personally not worried about transaction costs I am ready to pay fair value for the highest security as should everyone!

I don't see QRL as a competitor in the microtransaction space where you want the cheapest transactions some other chain can do that. QRL is where you move and store heavy value and communications, signatures, identification etc. stuff that really matters that calls for highest security.

You make very good points and I agree that a large selling point of QRL is going to be as a store of value. However most people won't like high TX costs (even for storage) since all will not have large investment and the TX cost will "feel" like loosing money if it is too high. But this should not stop the larger investors from seeing the value of having a safe place for their money. But for this QRL must also show a stable price over the long term before larger investor will be willing to store their cash/information there.

This is not something bad for QRL it is just important to understand what market QRL will be applicable for to be able to predict a possible future market cap. For now I will start accumulating small amounts of QRL over time and maybe in a few years it will be a gold mine Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Isenx

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:13:18 AM

1000$+ ?

They planned 100$ as an end goal for QRL (read the text they published when they had some issues with their collaborator)

If you don't own 10000 QRL, you might regret it someday.
WilderX

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:07:40 AM

1000$+ ?

They planned 100$ as an end goal for QRL (read the text they published when they had some issues with their collaborator)

I have buy orders in @ Bittrex! Sell me your QRL or the bunny gets it!

WilderX

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:54:37 AM

QRL Development Pulse - Week 46

v0.55 is out
Code refactoring has been stabilized
50% Code coverage
PRs are constantly checked in a local testnet
integration testing is now standard
Updated PoS + fork recovery
grpc API is now productive (wallet + blockexplorer)
CLI prototype is now being deployed.
Progress in linux deployment/packaging

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1585

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:06:20 PM

1000$+ ?

I think this coin is futuristic really, I just wonder if the large coins will just fork once they see the "quantum threat" and then the advantage of QRL would be lost?

Ebenezar64

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:17:54 PM

QRl is pumping heavily right now! Up almost 100% and on first page at Coinmarket cap. Someone has read the the 1000$ post and are now desperate to get some  Roll Eyes

WilderX

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:23:06 PM

Roger Ver has started he's accumulation of QRL.

NutMasterTardd2

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:25:43 PM

This pump happens ever few months for no reason really and then falls back down, are we thinking this is to do with mainnet and real value is being gained now?

I'd expect this to be the same thing, accumulation and quick profit. I would expect the huge pump to 0.001+ next year. Though volume is building so it is hard to call, I'm holding long term anyway so I don't miss out on a good profit.

:: Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:27:39 PM

Source?
WilderX

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:29:01 PM

Source?

I messaged him about QRL earlier.

Vigovski

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:29:19 PM

I remember there was a guy named altcoiner.
I just want him to look at QRL graph and drop on his knees while holding his head with both hands and asking him self what he missed.
NutMasterTardd2

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:41:56 PM

I remember there was a guy named altcoiner.
I just want him to look at QRL graph and drop on his knees while holding his head with both hands and asking him self what he missed.

This is nothing, wait until mainnet - This project is so under the radar it is unreal. Great opportunity for people reading this now.

:: Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::
Sash_lav

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:46:03 PM

What happened with QRL???
WilderX

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:54:38 PM

1000$+ ?

I think this coin is futuristic really, I just wonder if the large coins will just fork once they see the "quantum threat" and then the advantage of QRL would be lost?

One does not simply fork true quantum resistance.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: