Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:36:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317678 times)
Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:35:54 PM

Definitely think we need to get the subreddit updated. Hasn't been updated in years and the mods are gone. Having a good sub on reddit can really help.

Johnwayne420 is already on the job for getting the subreddit placed back in our active hands. Smiley Shouldn't
be long and we can get it updated with correct links and info and have it as a new social media home base.
Littlestan

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:38:34 AM

We need more traders...

Might be a bit yet while we wait on the BTC correction to complete and further developments to MOON
to materialize.
Evangelo

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:13:57 AM

Cryptofun from a trollbox c-cex:

http://i.4cdn.org/biz/1495677801551.jpg

Greetz
Steve

@metamorphin, I almost died laughing !!! This is great !!! We are making Mooncoin great again !!

XP Address: XKzDDembVTqPWk77GPFiUGzKc1eySuwNMR
eXperience Points (XP) | Visit: xpcoin.io for more information
Evangelo

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:26:40 AM

We need more traders...

Agreed, however, we need precise trading strategies that will raise the Mooncoin interest w/profit, This past week I've been working with a lot of pairs on the exchanges finding out what pairs help put Mooncoin in the best positions. Sometime this coming week I will provide a brief overview and perhaps we ( Mooncoin Traders ) can build upon that. Also if you trade Mooncoin on the exchanges or are interested in doing so and haven't join the Mooncoin Exchange Group on Facebook, please feel free to do so; https://www.facebook.com/groups/833216996835617/

Evangelo

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:33:15 AM

Has anyone else familiar with this website? And would it be a good place for Mooncoin?

https://poswallet.com/

mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:45:05 AM

Has anyone else familiar with this website? And would it be a good place for Mooncoin?
Yep I can say yes that a good place for Mooncoin, but wait in this case Mooncoin already got listed there or just any plans to get listed in poswallet
tdinan1

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:11:41 AM

Hey , if its ok with you guys I have been organizing an informative animated video similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYJ0sNVVpg for mooncoin. I would love a simple breakdown of smartshares that I could include in the video. Also any input or help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I have an animator on board but it would be out of pocket which I dont mind if I can get some help on a script and content. I will not launch the video until it is approved by devs/overall community.

Thanks!
pamims

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:51:11 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 09:00:38 AM by pamims

Does this imply that you're going to add staking ability to MoonCoin!! =D

Also, I'm curious as to how smartlikes will be implemented. Any information you have on that would be fantastic!
Do we have a timeframe of when this feature will be available?
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:58:21 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 11:08:52 AM by coinflow

Also, I'm curious as to how smartlikes will be implemented. Any information you have on that would be fantastic!

Smartlikes will have to be discussed anyway. They were not really used and in its current state the concept is too complicated. That may drive the attention away from Mooncoin as a currency and force development-power to the wrong direction. Adding another layer like MoonLite could be counterproductive. Something "smart" is oftentimes the contrary of what it describes. And "likes" are too much connected with social networks, which many of the cryptocurrency-users don't "like". As Reddcoin already has a similar function and aims to be the social network-currency and DOGE is THE tipping-currency and STEEM is on the same way, we should leave this to them and not become another "me too-product".

Evangelo, MoonEdu sounds interesting. Real value for the individual comes from education. What are your ideas?

At first it's needed to solve the more severe problems, like the recurring stop&go on the blockchain. This could be done by adding a PoS-factor or completely changing the algo to PoS. Or by changing the algo to a really ASIC-resistant one (and ideally GPU-resistant, too) Scrypt is "outdated" in this respect and does not prevent it anymore.

redectro

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:17:47 PM

Smartlikes will have to be discussed anyway. They were not really used and in its current state the concept is too complicated. That may drive the attention away from Mooncoin as a currency and force development-power to the wrong direction. Adding another layer like MoonLite could be counterproductive. Something "smart" is oftentimes the contrary of what it describes. And "likes" are too much connected with social networks, which many of the cryptocurrency-users don't "like". As Reddcoin already has a similar function and aims to be the social network-currency and DOGE is THE tipping-currency and STEEM is on the same way, we should leave this to them and not become another "me too-product".

Evangelo, MoonEdu sounds interesting. Real value for the individual comes from education. What are your ideas?

At first it's needed to solve the more severe problems, like the recurring stop&go on the blockchain. This could be done by adding a PoS-factor or completely changing the algo to PoS. Or by changing the algo to a really ASIC-resistant one (and ideally GPU-resistant, too) Scrypt is "outdated" in this respect and does not prevent it anymore.

I posted on here yesterday asking if wether a PoS algo will be implemented. To me it seems like a good way of solving the problem above.
Littlestan

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:21:26 PM

Last week when I first heard about MOON on a random /biz/ thread, it was the SmartLikes idea that really popped for me and made me want to buy in.

I'd also made the connection to REDD-ID, albeit in a slightly different way than you. Wouldn't it be a perfect system to complement REDD-ID and their
mass social media tipping platform? Think of it; you're floating around the Internet, tipping whomever you please while SL'ing *whatever* you please!
The idea that you could potentially make more MOON out of it makes it all the more alluring.

Just thinking out loud, but I think this is one of the more promising features of MOON.
Moshen

Activity: 147
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:25:28 PM

Currently there are 32974 Mooncoin funded addresses.
1,896,073 transactions were successfully processed since 2013.
You can verify this info at /CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=MOON]http://[Suspicious link removed]/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=MOON.

There were more than 40000 funded addresses before coins from about 10000 small addresses (Cryptsy addresses)
went to 2 top addresses (which are Cryptsy derived).
That indicated that about 10000 accounts at Cryptsy held MOON.

Aside from 10K addresses that belonged to cryptsy, remaining 30K addresses could be part of internal wallets on bigger exchanges and this could invalidate the assumption of moon being properly distributed as there is no way to find out whether all that huge token is held on distinct addresses or within the exchange wallets.
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:46:28 PM

Last week when I first heard about MOON on a random /biz/ thread, it was the SmartLikes idea that really popped for me and made me want to buy in.

I'd also made the connection to REDD-ID, albeit in a slightly different way than you. Wouldn't it be a perfect system to complement REDD-ID and their
mass social media tipping platform? Think of it; you're floating around the Internet, tipping whomever you please while SL'ing *whatever* you please!
The idea that you could potentially make more MOON out of it makes it all the more alluring.

Just thinking out loud, but I think this is one of the more promising features of MOON.

REDD-ID is quite the contrary of one of the central advantages of cryptocurrency, which is privacy and anonymity: https://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/6cf4t2/what_is_reddid/

Making MOON "more alluring" is the opposite of what MOON makes. MOON is quality, stability and reliability.

Littlestan

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:57:38 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 01:10:49 PM by Littlestan

REDD-ID is quite the contrary of one of the central advantages of cryptocurrency, which is privacy and anonymity: https://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/6cf4t2/what_is_reddid/

Making MOON "more alluring" is the opposite of what MOON makes. MOON is quality, stability and reliability.

I don't quite understand what you mean... by alluring, I mean attracting more people to the coin to use its features. Isn't that what we want?
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:18:59 PM

I don't quite understand what you mean... by alluring, I mean attracting more people to the coin to use its features. Isn't that what we want?

Not via "alluring" to swallow the bait, but by convincing with solidity.
Unfortunately Mooncoin is still seen by many as a pump and dump coin ( see this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512202.msg19225655#msg19225655 ). It isn't, of course. But "alluring" someone with superficial gimmicks, as well as artificially pumping the price to get attention, will only manifest this way of thinking.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 02:19:44 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 02:53:14 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Regarding SmartLikes,
their idea is very interesting, it's not just tipping, in fact it will have nothing in common with tipping.
SmartLikes is an experiment, from scratch, that's why of course some problems were detected during testing some time ago,
but these problems are not insuperable, very likely in June (or July) the new version will be ready.

SmartLikes is not "alluring"/"marketing gimmick" thing etc.,
it really can provide very interesting opportunities which never appeared in the crypto scene before.

Littlestan

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:26:09 PM

Guys, I'm not trying to argue, but having a feature that is alluring isn't a bad or negative thing. When people purchase something, its almost certainly for specific reasons they found alluring. By definition, it is what attracts attention.

I related my story about how I got into MOON by being attracted to it... I was 'allured'.
Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 02:29:17 PM

What I agree on: focusing on price and exchanges is not a good thing.
Let's build an unique and interesting product and exchanges will come,
if not, they just will miss a lot of possible fees.
After all venture companies can buy MOON even at Bleutrade and Nova,
the question is how to make MOON really interesting, like ETH, to use it actively.
Without innovations and with no additional Mooncoin projects (like MoonWord or SmartLikes)
why would people prefer to use MOON and not DOGE or LTC?

barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:43:32 PM

moon coin i think scam because he dump from 4 billio to 5

scam beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:58:16 PM

What I agree on: focusing on price and exchanges is not a good thing.
Let's build an unique and interesting product and exchanges will come,
if not, they just will miss a lot of possible fees.
After all venture companies can buy MOON even at Bleutrade and Nova,
the question is how to make MOON really interesting, like ETH, to use it actively.
Without innovations and with no additional Mooncoin projects (like MoonWord or SmartLikes)
why would people prefer to use MOON and not DOGE or LTC?

The most obvious reason is mostly missed, even if you already have mentioned it several times and was common sense for all of the early users of MOON for a long time: The Moon is very important for many cultures, it sparks thinking, dreaming, it fuels imagination. It is the one, that made life possible on Earth (through stabilizing Earth's movement by its gravity).

Many people have good feelings about the Moon and they associate it with stability and reliability. It is the basis for many stories, many myths and more. People buy Mooncoin to be part of the community, maybe to "own" a part of their beloved Moon. Just as much as many people buy Dogecoin, because they like dogs, not because of the tipping-feature.

The Moon will always be there, as long as humanity exists on Earth. As soon as it disappears, the Earth will start going down, because it will begin to roll wildly and the seasons as we know it and the tides will go crazy all over the Earth, meaning the end for mankind; if the Earth has not been eaten by the Sun previously already.

Just as the Moon made a lot of scientific progress possible by bringing many of very talented scientists together at the NASA, Mooncoin should pick this up and and that's why MoonEdu sounds very interesting, because education is what made "To the Moon!" in its original meaning possible. Starting with Ptolemy, Kopernicus, Galilei, for example.

SmartLikes and tipping, well - as said -, let's leave it to the more specialized currencies for this: RDD, STEEM, DOGE and the likes.

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: