Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
Zareeth

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:17:17 AM

So although he is fond of the old logo more, at least agswinner is open to discussion and not openly dismissive.

Im open to any discussion of any logo which CONTAINS A MOON. Anything without a moon is a total failure and unacceptable for a coin called MOONCOIN. The Moon is one of the most loved and popular symbols in the entire world. Including by people who dont speak Engrish and dont care whatsoever about a letter M with a slash through it. Its almost impossible to improve upon the Moon, its THAT well loved! This is not rocket science, its common sense to people with a brain who actually use it. Period.

If the original is somehow not good enough.... Let's make a great MOON logo that people will instantly say "Oh that obviously must be Mooncoin." FYI that IS the purpose of a logo, instant recognition of your product. So then just maybe we might get back to actually making the coin have real-world value to investors and users. I can promise you 1 thing.... no moon in the logo, NO LONGTERM SUCCESS. Do you want to be a loser, or a winner? Vote for any logo which contains a moon and reject all that do not. Thank you. --a serious investor and friend of Mooncoin

The idea behind the M, was that it is a currency symbol, which MOON is. People in foreign cultures may not use the word "moon" for the moon, but identify it with a character such as in China and Japan (large investors in cryptocurrencies right now)

http://imgur.com/a/0yM9G

Alongside many other variation and words. So yes, the M can be vague in the beginning. What about all the other cryptocurrencies and company logos that are vague until you learn more? It also encourages people to become curious on what this particular symbol means, and actively promotes interest.

Now if we dismiss this and go for the moon option then I agree with some old comments.

First, regarding the initial logo, the moon is not really identified with a golden colour. That logo, while quite eye catching promotes gold, associated with avarice or greed. Bad. Also the words (to the moon) around the side are a bit out of date and not really what moon is just about anymore.

Next, is Niko's logo. Simplistic can work sometimes, but it really doesn't stand out as a strong logo. It's serene, peaceful. It implies this thought process to me personally, "Let's just sit here, wait for great things to happen for us, as this is the moon!"

Here is a good explanation of what the moon means and is associated with in another culture for instance:

http://www.cycleharmony.com/stories/everyday-goddesses/hina-the-hawaiian-moon-goddess

The moon also controls our tide, it is a powerful presence. It has many effects on out ecosystem, and without it there would be an array of extreme natural movements.

I see the moon as a symbol of strength, courage, and solidarity. Think a wolf pack howling at the moon.
There is DESIRE for the moon, to one day reach out and touch it. It provides a light in the dark for those to see and move.

Nico's logo expresses none of this to me. And although Larrimar's logo is not really a symbol of the moon, it stands out as strong, competitive and sophisticated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jasperrr

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:27:22 AM

So although he is fond of the old logo more, at least agswinner is open to discussion and not openly dismissive.

Im open to any discussion of any logo which CONTAINS A MOON. Anything without a moon is a total failure and unacceptable for a coin called MOONCOIN. The Moon is one of the most loved and popular symbols in the entire world. Including by people who dont speak Engrish and dont care whatsoever about a letter M with a slash through it. Its almost impossible to improve upon the Moon, its THAT well loved! This is not rocket science, its common sense to people with a brain who actually use it. Period.

If the original is somehow not good enough.... Let's make a great MOON logo that people will instantly say "Oh that obviously must be Mooncoin." FYI that IS the purpose of a logo, instant recognition of your product. So then just maybe we might get back to actually making the coin have real-world value to investors and users. I can promise you 1 thing.... no moon in the logo, NO LONGTERM SUCCESS. Do you want to be a loser, or a winner? Vote for any logo which contains a moon and reject all that do not. Thank you. --a serious investor and friend of Mooncoin
So much hate. You don't decide what to discuss, anyone may discuss anything.

If you read back, I placed a well-reasoned post in which I explain why you don't need to have an actual moon in the logo. You say we must have one so people know 'oh that's mooncoin'. But that's not how it works. When you see a yellow M, you say 'Hey that's Mcdonalds!' when you see a checkmark-like symbol, you think 'Hey that's Nike!'. When you see a random f in a blue box you're like 'Hey that's Facebook'.

Logo's do not have to contain actual representations of the company name/product. It's more important that a logo is simple yet has subtle touches making it easy to recognize. The current blue crescent does not have these subtle touches. It just looks like a random emoji, or like a children's drawing set:

Thus needing to have a Moon to succeed? Not correct.
Jasperrr

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:46:19 AM

If you read back, I placed a well-reasoned post...
I read that nonsense. What you call well -reasoned...... marketing experts call pure ignorance and recipe for failure. You have earned exactly ZERO MOONCOINS from Moon-edu for your understanding of Marketing 101. Try again. Reminder: Vote for ANY logo with a Moon...Reject ALL logos without a Moon. Thank you.
Please tell me what's wrong about it? How come it works for said companies and many other companies? I hear not a single argument why I am wrong and you are right.

I actually earned my cash through marketing the past 10 years. I only hear you screaming at people to reject something just because you do not like it. Using slick flashy sales techniques like saying: "Do you want to be a winner or a loser? Then DO THIS". Please give me some actual thought out arguments.
Zareeth

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:31:32 AM

A constructive reply to my post would be great Vegasmoon.
Jasperrr

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:34:40 AM

Lets go back to kindergarten Jasperrrrrr. A Nike is not a real thing. Its a fiction. So they conjure up a swoosh. Before you saw it 1000 times, you never saw it, it meant nothing. A McDonalds is not an actual object, its a name, and a dying one at that. Meanwhile, A MOON IS A NATURAL OBJECT EVERY HUMAN KNOWS & LOVES ALREADY. You dont have to make a new one up, it already exists. Perfectly. Just put a nice dress on that sexy mama! There are a million reasons to include the moon in the logo and zero reasons not to. If you cant get that.... you're a lost cause. Me... I make my money in a business with MOON in the name. Yes sir I do! Everything took off tremendously when I made that change. So I speak about success based on acutely relevant FACTS. I know you have a need to be right, but give it up and save yourself the embarassment. Then we can all be friends and profit together as we intended. Vote for ANY logo with a Moon...Reject ALL logos without a Moon. Thank you.
At least have the common decency to talk normal to me. I do not belittle you so no need to belittle me either.

I specifically said that a logo does not have to represent a company name OR a product. Meaning, that for Nike they could have just used sneakers as their design. For Mcdonalds, they can use their iconic french fries packaging or a hamburger. Etc.

Good for you that you make money in a Moon named business. If changing your logo to an actual moon made all the difference, your previous marketing tactics must have been way off. Regarding MoonCoin, we do not need to have an actual Moon. I do not have the need to be right, it is not my design nor is it my contest.

What puts me off is the fact that a small group decides to ignore the voice and vote of the majority. And decides to revolt. Also, it is the fact that you and Nico shout a lot of stuff without supporting it with real facts. And the fact that you both do not have the decency to have respect for people that disagree with you. At least be nice enough to not treat each other like shit, ok?
Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:37:48 AM

If you read back, I placed a well-reasoned post...
I read that nonsense. What you call well -reasoned...... marketing experts call pure ignorance and recipe for failure. You have earned exactly ZERO MOONCOINS from Moon-edu for your understanding of Marketing 101. Try again. Reminder: Vote for ANY logo with a Moon...Reject ALL logos without a Moon. Thank you.

*Nobody* has made any money off MoonEdu... because it's still just a concept that hasn't been implemented yet.

You are allll over the map, aren't you?
Evangelo

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:38:11 AM

The approach was quite simple, this is a decentralized system that we all choose to support. It's important that if there are issues on certain matters, we utilize democracy. What I will not do is represent a dictatorship, it's different if a couple of people talked about the logo and didn't like it only stating opinions. But as Mooncoin ad campaigns continued and the community grew, it got to the point where something had to be done. So in the decentralized system the best way to settle the matter was competition where democracy could take place. I don't throw around the "title" of marketing director as if I'm above anyone, we are all equal including myself and I do my best to demonstrate that. I was totally fine with Nico's logo, however, Nico's logo was bested, because of the most recent events, we as a community should "ALL" continue using the discord channel as a voting platform. Perhaps we should change the logo based on a consensus the next go around. No one is totally wrong for what has transpired, we all must remember that we are still growing as a community, just as is the whole cryptoworld. Next time something of this nature comes to pass, I encourage everyone to utilize their democratic privileges. Not every coin community es decentralized, this is what makes Moon special, we must continue to strive for improvement and growth. #PeaceandProgress

XP Address: XKzDDembVTqPWk77GPFiUGzKc1eySuwNMR
eXperience Points (XP) | Visit: xpcoin.io for more information
Zareeth

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:56:09 AM

I know its hard for you to consider more than one concept at a time or make obvious connections between things, its OK, Ive come to accept that. Please stop asking me to reply to your mentally retarded comments where you try to re-explain what never made sense in the first place. I'm a person with a life. Thank goodness Mooncoin is bigger than Littlestan and his sidekick jAssperrr, who are obviously 2 concepts that haven't been implemented yet. Or at least could be aborted for the good of the community.

Reminder: Vote for ANY logo with a Moon...Reject ALL logos without a Moon. Thank you. DO NOT EXPECT A RESPONSE FROM ME. I've stated my case clearly. NO MOON, NO SUCCESS. I have 100 other worthwhile things to invest my time and money in that don't require me to cast pearls unto swine. Aside from these few asshats, I met a LOT of great people thru Mooncoin for which Im grateful. Good luck to ALL. Over and out.

Why do you continue to evade my questions then? I don't understand why you reply to the others, but evade my actual discussion points...
midmir

Activity: 159

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:22:51 AM

To be honest I do not like the new logo nor the colors. The currently used logo is miles better. Do not change it!
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:06:01 AM

Reminder: Vote for ANY logo with a Moon...Reject ALL logos without a Moon. Thank you. DO NOT EXPECT A RESPONSE FROM ME. I've stated my case clearly. NO MOON, NO SUCCESS. I have 100 other worthwhile things to invest my time and money in that don't require me to cast pearls unto swine. Aside from these few asshats, I met a LOT of great people thru Mooncoin for which Im grateful. Good luck to ALL. Over and out.
Sure, VegasMoon's comments seem extra spicy, abrasive, but he has a point. I agree with this point. To remove the symbols of the moon, or even a name change away from "moon" would be a poor move.  You'd be gutting its identity.

I don't have to make up too many hypothetical examples, there are plenty of real life ones out there.  Look at what happened to Radio Shack.  They reduced their sales of radio components and started selling cell phones.  Sure they made a quick buck, but at the expense of alienating their core consumers.  Dissolution soon followed.

Disney just took over the Star Wars franchise.  What if they decided that in the next movies they no longer included light sabers because it was too violent.  Deleted the Sith because it was too scary, or removed the Jedi because they were too religious sounding.

I have a simple solution for those that wish to move away from the idea of a "moon" in the logo... the source code is open, anyone can read it and copy it (as long as you credit the bitcoin, litecoin, and mooncoin developers).  Take it, change its name, its logo and start a new coin.  
nico12321

Activity: 84
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:37:29 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 10:31:16 AM by nico12321

The approach was quite simple, this is a decentralized system that we all choose to support. It's important that if there are issues on certain matters, we utilize democracy. What I will not do is represent a dictatorship, it's different if a couple of people talked about the logo and didn't like it only stating opinions. But as Mooncoin ad campaigns continued and the community grew, it got to the point where something had to be done. So in the decentralized system the best way to settle the matter was competition where democracy could take place. I don't throw around the "title" of marketing director as if I'm above anyone, we are all equal including myself and I do my best to demonstrate that. I was totally fine with Nico's logo, however, Nico's logo was bested, because of the most recent events, we as a community should "ALL" continue using the discord channel as a voting platform. Perhaps we should change the logo based on a consensus the next go around. No one is totally wrong for what has transpired, we all must remember that we are still growing as a community, just as is the whole cryptoworld. Next time something of this nature comes to pass, I encourage everyone to utilize their democratic privileges. Not every coin community es decentralized, this is what makes Moon special, we must continue to strive for improvement and growth. #PeaceandProgress

Democracy is when every member of the community has a number of votes in a voting proportional to his investment in a Mooncoin. This is a common practice. We do not even know whether the MOON-investors were on that voting. How can such a voting be considered legitimate?
fr33th

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 11:06:52 AM

Democracy is when every member of the community has a number of votes in a voting proportional to his investment in a Mooncoin. This is a common practice. We do not even know whether the MOON-investors were on that voting. How can such a voting be considered legitimate?

Who said holding more MOON puts anyone above the rest? Democracy is about equality - no matter if you have 1000, a million or a billion coins.
nico12321

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:22:32 AM

Who said holding more MOON puts anyone above the rest? Democracy is about equality - no matter if you have 1000, a million or a billion coins.

That is, you say - we do not care about investors and their money! What we will solve here in a narrow circle, and we will not ask your opinion, and if we ask, we do not care how much you invested. The vote of the person who invested $ 0.01 in the MOON == vote of the person who invested $ 100000 in the MOON? Are you serious? The level of risk in making a decision is not comparable. You will scare away all potential big investors. Someone wants to invest big money in MOON after that?
Jasperrr

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:51:09 AM

I know its hard for you to consider more than one concept at a time or make obvious connections between things, its OK, Ive come to accept that. Please stop asking me to reply to your mentally retarded comments where you try to re-explain what never made sense in the first place. I'm a person with a life. Thank goodness Mooncoin is bigger than Littlestan and his sidekick jAssperrr, who are obviously 2 concepts that haven't been implemented yet. Or at least could be aborted for the good of the community.

Oke, will set you to ignore after this post. You obviously don't care about Moon and it's supporters. You're just here to pick fights and hand out death threats. Hope you get banned soon Smiley

That is, you say - we do not care about investors and their money! What we will solve here in a narrow circle, and we will not ask your opinion, and if we ask, we do not care how much you invested. The vote of the person who invested $ 0.01 in the MOON == vote of the person who invested $ 100000 in the MOON? Are you serious? The level of risk in making a decision is not comparable. You will scare away all potential big investors. Someone wants to invest big money in MOON after that?
That's how a democracy works Wink If you like to have full control according to your investment share, I'd suggest you cash out of Mooncoin right away. Put your money in Wallstreet stock where you can get a seat on the investor's board. Just stay away from decentralized coins. The moment you start giving votes according to money, you lose you're entire concept of decentralization.
Goldsheik

Activity: 148

GOLDSHEIK POWER

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:51:39 AM

I don't think the amount of money invested in MOON matters.

$0.01 might be a lot for someone who has $2 in his bank account. It's all relative. Besides, nobody has invested thousands in Mooncoin.
luckyguy2807

Activity: 266

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 11:55:27 AM

Nico, you're making false presumption. In a democracy , every person is equal. One person vote equals another person's vote. That's why people vote, it doesn't not matter if you're white/black/asian/fat/slim/poor/rich you have the same power.

In an association there is a board of directors where they have the power.  

Regarding mooncoin it would be good if there were members who could take more important roles. I proposed in the discord group that we must have a board of "executives", members who hodl more than 20 mil coins. Because I must agree with you I don't want moon to be coordinated with people who own less than 10 mil, or even 1 mil. After all, if I invested some money I would like to see that we're going somewehere.

I'm not saying that the guys that are running the show don't have good intentions but sometimes it seems that things are chaotic. I don't understand why the big holders don't show up and speak they're mind.
Zareeth

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:59:53 AM

Why are you invested in moon? The idea of moon, well the original idea was for it to be a currency for all. Now it seems the demands of a few dominate the coin and it has become just another altcoin.

You want to push away people actively wanting to contribute to something in a fair and democratic way like the initial mission of mooncoin?

You're doing a great job at it. And actively causing far more damage than a simple logo change would!

"What has this moon discord done for moon"

If you look around and participate you would know. Talk to the devs who actually come in and talk with a community.

This ANN is a silly place for debate and discussion. This thread is for announcements, and general information on moon. A chat room like Slack or discord is far more efficient to discuss ideas and work with devs.

I have personally finished summarizing the entire previous ANN (517 pages, 11000+ posts) into 20 odd pages of a word document filled with a brief summary and many links to important historical events in mooncoin, many important people and previous issues like this one moon has faced and come through after removing the toxic elements.

Feel free to come in and check it out if you'd like.

https://discord.gg/fbCyhuk
ylius

Activity: 121

Analyse any coin project for crypto tips -Write me

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:27:26 PM

Hey bros,
to be honest a logo is not very important for now^^

Concentrate your self on development and do something positive and constructive and bring people and GIVE IT ALL !

Do your best is very more usefull than a logo :p

Héhéh and anyway their will be a choice later
And nevermind the result when something is good something is good !  Grin Nevermind a good or a bad logo its just a subjective style and taste from a consensus of people ( some dont
like M of macdonald or Apple loggo, some like them) but then can buy it cause it's known.

- So its not so important. Fix it change it, later if you want.

BUT
What is important is :

What we do, to be present to be active to be positive to act to develop to be known! TO have more miners,investor, some genius too, some good guys, some marketing guy, designers but dont scream moderate your self :p i know you work hard thats good and i said you Thank you for your job this will be paid by our project nevermind what we choose the important is to be together accept it.
There is no defeat their is a team and us ^^
 Dont be to much emotionnal^^ Well i like you all Mooners Smiley
That's good to give a bit ^^ that's good to vote, i personally vote that's was cool.
Even a member who dont have moon could vote that's normal he do reasearch, few friend of me know it and cant reach it.
So thats normal to vote cause the man who vote was really interested by the project.

To be honest we are not yet on the spotlight few people see us yet.
but we are growing  =======> And we can do it!

The golem we are is opening and eye! just one, it take time!
We are improving each days that is important.

Don't desperate! Do your max, don't be negative just accept then sell when you want but we can go very far.
So probably for me  it's not good to sell at 3 / 4 sat even 6 for a long term vision of our project.
But Buy it for long term and you are safe for sure!
You can do short time trading but for me its not really interesting your not contributing to the team, you can win a bit but it bring some instability.
But the price will return later cause there is a minimum intrinsic good value of this crypto.

For me
It's very more rewardfull and gratfull for your self to be involved to be part of the family we are!
To develop us with age month years.
And this is mathematicly go up basicly without doing something so not real risk if you have time.

And  develop smartlike  and more things and stuffs, more shops, more games,
To stack to develop great new ideas and communication, marketing to have something better than other crypto, to be safe!
To help other to be known in the world! :p
The Moon movie hehe i really hope about it one day ^^ or a short film

- Any date about the changing of algorythm?
And you can go all in at 3 sat for sure! HOLD for long is good!
And dont have fear or be sad and don't rage :p

We got a good Cryptocurrency that is Important defend it , show to others its good and help developer.
What they need ask them
Learn by yourself
Don't trust one thing only do your own analyse.

And Be positive! It is for sure the key of success.
If you are not positive, that mean you dont really want win, your just sad that's not good for you for us be win win, that was the sucess of Amazon.

So trust in you trust in the community trust the other mooners dont be in negative, bring people, work hard, invest what you can, or go ALL IN
 we are building good things.
Rome makes days to be build
So dont worry
Cause its Cheap ! Cheesy
3sat 4sat then 6 sat honestly its a good way
Thats all
GIVE IT ALL i like positive man!
Who like pessimist man ? ^^ no one, even girls dont like pessimist men :p hihi a pessimist attitude always failed t, just leave if you are better for you^^
For me i feel an interior fire for moon
I really like it and some great guys in. I dont want sell! Cheesy

Many clever new ideas can be found to be known and to be the big one GOLEM stand up , here we goooo! it could be very great i feel it from home.
just Need a lot of good work and need lot of peeps to get him up, he is heavy.
If something is bulshit i will said to you for sure Cheesy
nico12321

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:07:13 PM

Regarding mooncoin it would be good if there were members who could take more important roles. I proposed in the discord group that we must have a board of "executives", members who hodl more than 20 mil coins. Because I must agree with you I don't want moon to be coordinated with people who own less than 10 mil, or even 1 mil. After all, if I invested some money I would like to see that we're going somewehere.

I have the same worry.
luckyguy2807

Activity: 266

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 01:15:41 PM

I have the same worry.

Nico, i've sent you a PM regarding the website. please check it
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: