Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:06:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137399 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:40:40 AM

Ok, the L3 showed up a day early.  I pulled it out of the box and powered it up and put it on Prohashing.  Right now it is hashing above it's rating on Prohashing at the moment at 270mhs.  Miner says 251mhs. 
ci

What are the restart times like Longsnowsm, and does the UI provide any temp data, especially in relation to the DC/DC circuitry?

Did that burst rate of 270Mhs hold over 24 hours after multiple coin switches?

After watching Bitcoin Master's youtube video 'Mining Bitcoin is harder than you think' I'm interested to hear about the reliability of the L3's by 'early adopters' before buying some myself Wink

Just as an aside..what does bitmain have for warranty 45 days? 90 days? either one would make me 'pucker' big time Smiley (the knc titans have scar'd me) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:39:51 PM

Ok, the L3 showed up a day early.  I pulled it out of the box and powered it up and put it on Prohashing.  Right now it is hashing above it's rating on Prohashing at the moment at 270mhs.  Miner says 251mhs.
ci

What are the restart times like Longsnowsm, and does the UI provide any temp data, especially in relation to the DC/DC circuitry?

Did that burst rate of 270Mhs hold over 24 hours after multiple coin switches?

After watching Bitcoin Master's youtube video 'Mining Bitcoin is harder than you think' I'm interested to hear about the reliability of the L3's by 'early adopters' before buying some myself Wink

Just as an aside..what does bitmain have for warranty 45 days? 90 days? either one would make me 'pucker' big time Smiley (the knc titans have scar'd me) Smiley

The miner did not want to hold the hash rate with the default settings.  It immediately dropped the hash rate and was not performing well.  I increased the diff and it was marginally better, but after adding the -h=3 setting the hash rate started to climb and is much happier and is pretty close on average to the rated hash rate.  Of course the pool swings high and low, but I think you can see in the pic below that on average it is looking pretty close to the rated hash rate.

Here is the hash rate since I started the miner.

Here are the temps that we can see from the UI;

I think if I recall from the Chinese page on Bitmain the warranty was 180 days.  The L3 page isn't up at the moment on the the Bitmain site.  But I think all of the new miners are now listing 180 day warranty.  Not that they honor the warranty! LOL

I am also noting a few hardware errors in the screen shot here with the temps on one board.  Not bad enough to worry about yet, but I am keeping an eye on it.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:45:02 PM

Well the hash rate fell pretty fast on Prohashing... Doesn't not look like the L3's are happy on multipools either.  I have diff set at 65536 and didn't seem to make a difference so far.  Still monitoring to see what it does.

Try the titan settings if you havnt already. I gained ~20% by tweaking settings on PH.

Thanks for the recommendation to use the Titan settings.  I went and found they recommend setting a value of -h=3 to -h=5.  They only mentioned setting diff to 8192, but I left that at 65536 and tried -h=3 and the hash rate seems to have stabilized pretty close to the rated hash rate around 250mhs.  It is not looking bad at all right now.

So far it is working better than my A4's did on Prohashing.  This miner is really quiet, perfect home miner.  My gpu rigs are louder than this thing.  So far so good.  I will continue to monitor and let you know of any weird behavior.  After 24 hours I will take some screen shots of the performance and post for you guys. 

Did you also setup submitting stales? That alone boosted my hashrate a decent amount on my titan as PH pays you for stales as well.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:20:24 PM

Could you please measure noise level with some app for smartphone? Let's say 5 inches from miner and 4 feet from it.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:33:19 PM

Could you please measure noise level with some app for smartphone? Let's say 5 inches from miner and 4 feet from it.

My smartphone app says about 50db at about 4 inches and about 36db and about 4ft.  As far as noise goes this thing is really quiet.  I love it!

Of course the location of the miner is cool so the fan isn't working hard.  Current speed is about 2600rpm.  I do notice it speeds up and slows down based on cooling needs. 
gegebitlover

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:20:58 AM

hi guy
sorry Longsnowsm just info you buy antminer L3 in eastshore.xyz ? so eastshore is not a scam ? how long shipping ? thank you Longsnowsm

this is a video of eastshore.xyz antminer L https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x3KpA-B8jo

SORRY MY ENGLISH  Wink

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:46:29 AM

Eastshore.xyz is not a scam.  So let me tell you about the ordering process with Eastshore.xyz.  It was a very good experience with them and I will probably order from them again.

The steps:
You can place the order directly on their web page.  You can wire transfer or send BTC.  Once you place the order you will get an email saying they received the order pending payment.  Once they receive the funds you will get an order confirmation email saying they received your payment and that they would be shipping your order.  About 1-2 business days later you will get another email from them with a screen shot of the miner/miners you ordered running showing hash rate, temps, hardware errors etc and that the miners are going to the logistics department to be shipped.  Finally about 1-2 business days later you will get another email stating your order has been shipped and the tracking number.  So the total processing time is roughly 3-5 business days to get your order out the door with the parcel carrier.

Depending on who they ship with and your location will determine how long it will take for you to get the order.  In my case the shipment was with UPS and it took about a week for me to get the order once it shipped.

I can recommend Eastshore.xzy to the community.  The order process was very smooth, professional, and they delivered what I paid for.  I did have an opportunity before I ordered to email them to ask questions and they responded back in a timely manner and were very helpful.  Two thumbs up for Eastshore.xyz.

I hope this helps.  I took a big risk placing the order, but saw another review on this forum by another member who recommended them and had purchased miners from them.  So I decided based on that feedback and the positive response from the company that I would take a chance and order.  I was not disappointed.   

I am not affiliated with Eastshore.xyz in any manner.  I offer this as my review of the company and my experience with them.   Grin
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:38:25 PM

Eastshore.xyz is not a scam.  So let me tell you about the ordering process with Eastshore.xyz.  It was a very good experience with them and I will probably order from them again.

The steps:
You can place the order directly on their web page.  You can wire transfer or send BTC.  Once you place the order you will get an email saying they received the order pending payment.  Once they receive the funds you will get an order confirmation email saying they received your payment and that they would be shipping your order.  About 1-2 business days later you will get another email from them with a screen shot of the miner/miners you ordered running showing hash rate, temps, hardware errors etc and that the miners are going to the logistics department to be shipped.  Finally about 1-2 business days later you will get another email stating your order has been shipped and the tracking number.  So the total processing time is roughly 3-5 business days to get your order out the door with the parcel carrier.

Depending on who they ship with and your location will determine how long it will take for you to get the order.  In my case the shipment was with UPS and it took about a week for me to get the order once it shipped.

I can recommend Eastshore.xzy to the community.  The order process was very smooth, professional, and they delivered what I paid for.  I did have an opportunity before I ordered to email them to ask questions and they responded back in a timely manner and were very helpful.  Two thumbs up for Eastshore.xyz.

I hope this helps.  I took a big risk placing the order, but saw another review on this forum by another member who recommended them and had purchased miners from them.  So I decided based on that feedback and the positive response from the company that I would take a chance and order.  I was not disappointed.   

I am not affiliated with Eastshore.xyz in any manner.  I offer this as my review of the company and my experience with them.   Grin

It can also go a long way
I ordered 05/01/2017       2 x L3   

2017-01-10 09:35   Your order is Awaiting-shipment
 2017-01-16  11:49  Your EastShore order is Shipped

Shipment Progress UPS

Almaty, Kazakhstan    19/01/2017    18:19    Departure Scan
   19/01/2017    15:55    Arrival Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of    19/01/2017    12:41    Departure Scan
   19/01/2017    8:07    Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China    19/01/2017    5:00    Departure Scan
   18/01/2017    6:28    We were unable to load the package on the plane as scheduled. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.
Shanghai, China    18/01/2017    6:25    We were unable to load the package on the plane as scheduled.
   18/01/2017    3:59    Export Scan
Shanghai, China    17/01/2017    22:30    Arrival Scan
Wenzhou, China    17/01/2017    21:30    Departure Scan
   17/01/2017    19:57    Origin Scan
   17/01/2017    16:36    Collection Scan
China    16/01/2017    4:39    Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:02:48 PM

I have to say I am not thrilled with UPS on these International shipments.  I have had several just like Tupsu that are delayed, mechanical issues, reroutes, hung up in some sort of customs mess.... All kinds of stuff and it delays the shipments with them.  If you watch the UPS delivery estimate it will change on you possibly several times. 

My package was delayed twice and pushed out 3 days and ended up coming in 1 day earlier than they expected...  So I can concur with Tupsu and expect delays with UPS. 
lokomotive

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:18:54 PM

Don't they ship with DHL or EMS?
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:16:47 PM

Don't they ship with DHL or EMS?

mine arrive tomorrow with UPS.
Warsaw, Poland    19/01/2017    19:47    Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany    19/01/2017    19:47    Arrival Scan
Almaty, Kazakhstan    19/01/2017    18:28    Departure Scan

But the web site only shows one  shipping method TNT
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:43:54 PM

The listed shipping method they had when I ordered was Fedex.  But then it still shipped via UPS.  So you don't get a choice.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:01:40 PM

Lookin at it's price its just way too high. Can't really understand why would someone go for 1year+ ROI time (with cheap electricity) when you can ROI much faster if you invest same money into building a GPU rig (not to mention resale value)
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:06:56 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 09:27:23 PM by Longsnowsm

Just had a second order arrive today and one of the boards is not showing up on the miner.  So I have an email off to Eastshore to see what they are going to do to address this.  Not to happy right now.  Sad

UPDATE: Found the problem, loose cable on one of the controllers.  Second unit now has all boards hashing.  However this second unit appears to run much hotter temps than the first unit I received.  Will have to monitor.  Watts used at the wall are 384w
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:35:18 AM

Just had a second order arrive today and one of the boards is not showing up on the miner.  So I have an email off to Eastshore to see what they are going to do to address this.  Not to happy right now.  Sad

UPDATE: Found the problem, loose cable on one of the controllers.  Second unit now has all boards hashing.  However this second unit appears to run much hotter temps than the first unit I received.  Will have to monitor.  Watts used at the wall are 384w
Cool, I find it amazing that out of no where a miner shows up using less than 1/2 the power of the best thing going.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:55:19 AM

UPDATE: Found the problem, loose cable on one of the controllers.  Second unit now has all boards hashing.  However this second unit appears to run much hotter temps than the first unit I received.  Will have to monitor.  Watts used at the wall are 384w
Cool, I find it amazing that out of no where a miner shows up using less than 1/2 the power of the best thing going.

And you can carry on a conversation in the same room... No hearing loss required with the L3. LOL  Grin

I changed the diff setting on the L3's to vardiff and they seem to be hashing a little bit better.  So the only setting I needed on Prohashing was the h=3.  So far so good.  The L3 hashes better than my A4's did for me.  So I am pretty happy about that.
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:17:22 AM

UPDATE: Found the problem, loose cable on one of the controllers.  Second unit now has all boards hashing.  However this second unit appears to run much hotter temps than the first unit I received.  Will have to monitor.  Watts used at the wall are 384w

And you can carry on a conversation in the same room... No hearing loss required with the L3. LOL  Grin

I changed the diff setting on the L3's to vardiff and they seem to be hashing a little bit better.  So the only setting I needed on Prohashing was the h=3.  So far so good.  The L3 hashes better than my A4's did for me.  So I am pretty happy about that.
I may get mine updated to batch 3 then sell them off, even at a small loss sell 3 get 2 maybe I don't know. I just find it interesting that there was that much of a breakthrough.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:43:46 AM

Originally the A4 announcement was in line with the numbers from the L3.  The A4 chip testing seemed to indicate they would be able to hash at these rates for a lot less power.  Then something was lost in translation as they bundled chips on the boards.  I don't know where the disconnect is, but it is clear they missed the mark pretty badly.  The A4 should be hashing like this and consuming this little power.  I think that is up to Inno to figure it out and get it fixed. 

I sill cannot get over 384watts.  It is pretty impressive.  I just moved them over to Zpool.ca to see how they hash there.  It was looking pretty good on Prohashing.  I will let it run for 24 hours on zpool.ca and compare the numbers and earnings. 

I sold my A4's as soon as I got wind of the L3's.  I like the A4's, they are well built, but they still have to get the bugs worked out of those miners.  Right now it looks like these L3's rated at 250mhs actually deliver more real hash rate on the pool for me than the A4's did on multicoin pools.  The L3's start off strong and continues to hash well.  My A4's would trail off and stabilize well below what I thought it should be.  And 1070w vs 384w?Huh No contest.  The L3's if they prove to hold up and be reliable are the new gold standard in Scrypt mining.

ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:51:54 AM

My smartphone app says about 50db at about 4 inches and about 36db and about 4ft.  As far as noise goes this thing is really quiet.  I love it!

Of course the location of the miner is cool so the fan isn't working hard.  Current speed is about 2600rpm.  I do notice it speeds up and slows down based on cooling needs. 

Wow - it is as quiet as my 10 GPUs rig!

Super!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 04:05:13 AM

Originally the A4 announcement was in line with the numbers from the L3.  The A4 chip testing seemed to indicate they would be able to hash at these rates for a lot less power.  Then something was lost in translation as they bundled chips on the boards.  I don't know where the disconnect is, but it is clear they missed the mark pretty badly.  The A4 should be hashing like this and consuming this little power.  I think that is up to Inno to figure it out and get it fixed. 

I sill cannot get over 384watts.  It is pretty impressive.  I just moved them over to Zpool.ca to see how they hash there.  It was looking pretty good on Prohashing.  I will let it run for 24 hours on zpool.ca and compare the numbers and earnings. 

I sold my A4's as soon as I got wind of the L3's.  I like the A4's, they are well built, but they still have to get the bugs worked out of those miners.  Right now it looks like these L3's rated at 250mhs actually deliver more real hash rate on the pool for me than the A4's did on multicoin pools.  The L3's start off strong and continues to hash well.  My A4's would trail off and stabilize well below what I thought it should be.  And 1070w vs 384w?Huh No contest.  The L3's if they prove to hold up and be reliable are the new gold standard in Scrypt mining.

Found this as an aside....just me wondering about what it going on with difficulty for LTC and other scrypt (likely) ..Saw this article...This may be the next direction in mass
that bitmain goes...scrypt miners.

Anyway I watched the home bitcoin miners (at least at the 10c kwh rate) implode in 2014 with massive dump of equipment. As I had xfered my BTC KNC Neptune ASIC miner
(lifetime due to above of 5 months) to a KNC Titan Scrypt miner (waited till nov 2014 to get such) This looks awful familiar Smiley

Then I saw this article

https://news.bitcoin.com/chinese-bitcoin-miner-might-be-trying-to-corner-asic-chip-market/

Ack!

Think I'm gonna wait on these...this looks a lot like it could be the demise of home mining for scrypt miners...at least at these ltc to btc ratios and or prices for LTC as
an example.

Anyway I get 14.17 months at flat difficulty on the L3 yet....but then again at 400 watts you could maybe play the long game on these with heat in winter etc....a couple
years.

But price of LTC say and pow scrypt coins. With the additional Bitmain putting them out like toasters...too many variables for me to put my toe in the pool yet (I'll crack i always crack
all them nice 'whirly' fan noises and blinking LED's etc......but maybe I can resist till

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: