Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:36:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137399 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 07:57:05 PM

You may assume this is the case but there's no guarantee that diff will increase any further and even if it does there's still no guarantee that it will increase consistently for 12-24 months.
If you look at LTC diff chart from Oct 2014 to Oct 2015 when Titans and A2's came on stream, diff increased to 58,000 in Dec 2014, and then fell back to just above 40,000 for 6 months before rising slowly to 58,000 again by the end of 2015

No $ figure, but LTC / BTC dropped from 0.0115 around first of OCT 2014 (continuing a LONG fall from a late 2013 peak) to 0.00612 in mid-May 2015 when the price started to spike and hashrate started climbing again - no doubt due to the return of profitability of older gear and in cases of folks in high electric cost areas return of profitability for ANYTHING at all.

The other thing to keep in mind about the last couple years, is that for much of that timeframe there were NO SHIPMENTS AT ALL of new gear, other than small quantities of the Innosilicon "Farm Boy" units and the fairly small numbers of Alcheminers (and the MAT/etc versions) that were ever shipped. There was no way for hashrate TO increase much with almost no new gear entering the market - and NO new gear at all for almost a year prior to the first shipments of the A4.

Right now, for the first time in about 2 YEARS, we actually have more than one company making Scrypt ASIC - and Bitmain has a long history of shipping every unit of a miner design it CAN 'till it has a "newer, usually more efficient unit" available, unlike Innosilicon which tended to ship hard for a while then taper off.

At this point, I am going to be a bit shocked if difficulty doesn't top 200,000 by the end of the year (vs. the under 100,000 right now) - it might hit a slowdown for a bit when the existing A2/Alcheminer/Titan hordes get unprofitable, but even that won't stop it I am far too certain.

I suspect the current rise won't taper off much 'till the L3 gets fairly close to break-even at 3c/kwh electric, barring a major chip foundry going down again.

Makes me happy my A2s have already hit ROI - and I'm a bit happy the A4 took as long to actually get shipped after it was announced, that extra 4-6 months of high profitable mining mattered!

I do disagree that this is the end of home mining - the L3 is the FIRST "comfortable for a home miner" machine to show up in a while, with the DEBATEABLE exception of the R4. 400 watts and fairly quiet is something ANYONE can fairly easily find a spot for - unlike the other mostly rather loud and MUCH higher power consumption miners of the last 3+ years.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:32:41 AM

At this point, I am going to be a bit shocked if difficulty doesn't top 200,000 by the end of the year (vs. the under 100,000 right now) - it might hit a slowdown for a bit when the existing A2/Alcheminer/Titan hordes get unprofitable, but even that won't stop it I am far too certain

A2/Alcheminers have reached break even at 10c/kw with the last diff spike...you can already see the effect...hashrate peaked at about 2.9 TH and dropped about 300GH since then. I bet you will be sticking around the 100-150k diff for a while as we hover around this equilibrium point of A2 going offline and A4/L3 replacing them.

Keep in mind the current gen hardware only increased efficiency x2...hashrate per machine has stayed around the same.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:00:21 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2017, 08:11:27 AM by Searing

You may assume this is the case but there's no guarantee that diff will increase any further and even if it does there's still no guarantee that it will increase consistently for 12-24 months.
If you look at LTC diff chart from Oct 2014 to Oct 2015 when Titans and A2's came on stream, diff increased to 58,000 in Dec 2014, and then fell back to just above 40,000 for 6 months before rising slowly to 58,000 again by the end of 2015

No $ figure, but LTC / BTC dropped from 0.0115 around first of OCT 2014 (continuing a LONG fall from a late 2013 peak) to 0.00612 in mid-May 2015 when the price started to spike and hashrate started climbing again - no doubt due to the return of profitability of older gear and in cases of folks in high electric cost areas return of profitability for ANYTHING at all.

The other thing to keep in mind about the last couple years, is that for much of that timeframe there were NO SHIPMENTS AT ALL of new gear, other than small quantities of the Innosilicon "Farm Boy" units and the fairly small numbers of Alcheminers (and the MAT/etc versions) that were ever shipped. There was no way for hashrate TO increase much with almost no new gear entering the market - and NO new gear at all for almost a year prior to the first shipments of the A4.

Right now, for the first time in about 2 YEARS, we actually have more than one company making Scrypt ASIC - and Bitmain has a long history of shipping every unit of a miner design it CAN 'till it has a "newer, usually more efficient unit" available, unlike Innosilicon which tended to ship hard for a while then taper off.

At this point, I am going to be a bit shocked if difficulty doesn't top 200,000 by the end of the year (vs. the under 100,000 right now) - it might hit a slowdown for a bit when the existing A2/Alcheminer/Titan hordes get unprofitable, but even that won't stop it I am far too certain.

I suspect the current rise won't taper off much 'till the L3 gets fairly close to break-even at 3c/kwh electric, barring a major chip foundry going down again.

Makes me happy my A2s have already hit ROI - and I'm a bit happy the A4 took as long to actually get shipped after it was announced, that extra 4-6 months of high profitable mining mattered!

I do disagree that this is the end of home mining - the L3 is the FIRST "comfortable for a home miner" machine to show up in a while, with the DEBATEABLE exception of the R4. 400 watts and fairly quiet is something ANYONE can fairly easily find a spot for - unlike the other mostly rather loud and MUCH higher power consumption miners of the last 3+ years.

May be so....but at 11c kwh electric winter rates and 14c kwh summer rates....I may get another btc or ltc miner someday (as a toy/spaceheater) but unless we see a MASSIVE
PRICE RISE and/or the ratio of LTC (or other scrypt pow I'm not picky) to above 0.006 say LTC to btc I'm out! Alas!

imho I also think as others have stated on here that
Bitmain will run these miners out in versions of L3,L4.L5 etc like they do their BTC miners...till they hit around a 3c kwh rate or less to make money good for data hall
bitmain runs not so workable for the rest of us......that  bitmain can take over much of scrypt mining seems off to a good start data hall and equipment wise ..I mean really 250mh for
400 watts...gonna be tough for others to jump in imho

just the way these things work it seems....anyway I'm likely out of mass miners in a big way...even data halls are 8c to 10c with rent that I've been able to tell....so unless I move to China
out of luck it seems...of any more then 1 or 2 of anything Sad (eventually)

Then again...I at one time drank the Butterfly Labs Koo-Aid thus ...I hope..really hope...I'm dead wrong on any of the above!

At this point, I am going to be a bit shocked if difficulty doesn't top 200,000 by the end of the year (vs. the under 100,000 right now) - it might hit a slowdown for a bit when the existing A2/Alcheminer/Titan hordes get unprofitable, but even that won't stop it I am far too certain

A2/Alcheminers have reached break even at 10c/kw with the last diff spike...you can already see the effect...hashrate peaked at about 2.9 TH and dropped about 300GH since then. I bet you will be sticking around the 100-150k diff for a while as we hover around this equilibrium point of A2 going offline and A4/L3 replacing them.

Keep in mind the current gen hardware only increased efficiency x2...hashrate per machine has stayed around the same.

Hope you are correct as well. But if difficulty hits like 200,000 I'm out for sure...even 150,000 would be tough to justify ..I mean really 44 titan cubes to make 11 original
4 cube titans at 3,200mh (with some dies down)....to make what 300 bucks a month in the basement (summer 5) and rest in data hall in Iowa (6 titans)....the 4 in the
basement would be toast...that's for sure at that point Sad

That would be beyond getting borderline silly imho. Smiley

But the HOLY GRAIL is IF say BTC was to hit at a floor of 1,250 to 1,500 usd...and the price ratio of ltc to btc and/or other scrypt would creep up to the equivalent of say
6-7 usd....then the hamster wheels in the Titans could continue and the L3 folk could see an ROI at the end of the tunnel too boot.

(Dare to dream, live the dream, dread the fall)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:25:48 AM

Well Bitmain has now released a batch of T9's and now a couple of batches of S9's.  NO L3's YET!  Very frustrating.  The rest of the world is falling behind while L3's are mining in mass in China.  Not cool!
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 03:49:44 AM

Well Bitmain has now released a batch of T9's and now a couple of batches of S9's.  NO L3's YET!  Very frustrating.  The rest of the world is falling behind while L3's are mining in mass in China.  Not cool!

The mining center of mass is in China - so no surprises here
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:40:30 AM

Well Bitmain has now released a batch of T9's and now a couple of batches of S9's.  NO L3's YET!  Very frustrating.  The rest of the world is falling behind while L3's are mining in mass in China.  Not cool!

I've stated below on other threads my 'guess' on all this. I also incorporated others who state bitmain has habit of dumping equipment into the world till about a 3c per kwh return on ROI
MAYBE possible...then new equipment is rotated in at their data halls and out to the public (end of line) then it is rinse/wash/repeat.

The real problem in all this FUD just going thru my mind (KNC Titans soon to get their evil wish of the blessed release of doorstops..they've been trying for years) anyway
is the LACK of control on my part (others).

IF Bitmain is gonna flood the market with these like toasters and/or down to only say a way of return at the 3c kwh rate...then the 'lack of control' on this is what is really
bugging me....so if that is true out of my hands.

IF the price of LTC does not go up in some manner to more of a 0.005 to 0.006 ltc to btc ratio...well then KNC Titans again 'win' and can become doorstops at this rate
by July 4th 2017 ..more or less....again I lack any control on this

IF they are kicking out L3's like toasters .....do I really want to buy in with every other tom/dick/harry and drive difficulty up ...get an L3 just to find out it has the same
KNC Titan doorstop dream say 4-5 months after the Titans 'retire' to doorstop status....again no control

So I figure it is really about me not being able do do anything to 'feed' my future asic miner addiction that is the problem

So will wait..HOPE for a price pump to add/time etc to my current KNC Titan miners and maybe something better will come along more equip wise in the fall
that makes sense to get (probably no more data halls at that point..couple of units in the basement again) Smiley

But the wave of difficulty I see coming on top of Bitmain kicking stuff out (as they have done with asic btc units anyway) like toasters...I can only plow thru the wave with my little asic surfboard dream and hope if I paddle like hell there is some option for a 'home miner surfboard' on the beach on the other side....no way with my knc titans or L3's by soonest march in
hand is that gonna be able to 'surf' that difficulty wave ...

I can't see even 'looking' at an L3  of any flavor.....till this time in that .there is just NO frigging control with the option that bitmain will kick them out like
toasters and take over being main miner of scrypt equip as well as btc equip (likely imho) and that the price will likely also stay flat (at least till my knc titans doorstop
and perhaps the L3's) ..

thus only game to play is duck underwater ..duck the wave...and salute/wave at the knc titans as they float by and sink and swim like hell on the other side of this suspected difficulty wave in scrypt that will wash away many till (fall 2017?) and hope
something as a 'modest' miner comes along I can host for fun in the 2 or 3 unit variety that at least can heat the house and/or stick in a data hall....*unlikely imho*

But man, Bitmain...they are just too damn big..they can pump out asic toasters like crazy for others and their data halls even at these LTC prices and of course price
no frigging idea on price or the ratio of ltc to btc (last I looked 0.00412 ltc to btc) FML

ugly, ugly....it is hard ...damn this asic addiction sucks...but must control lemming like behavior on the L3's and jump off difficulty cliff with everyone else

as an aside ...folk who DID already get an L3 you got a shot long term..but say Bitmain opens page up say in a couple weeks after Chinese new year? .IF so and it is
2 weeks to get to your L3's  at these prices and LTC or other scrypt pow coins stay sideways.....what is that March 1st!....man that is UGLY!

I hate will power and not getting toys..it is so 'un-fair' to my greedy asic toy collecting 'pay for themselves' happy land I've been in for the last year or more Sad

anyway ....how it is flowing now...bitmain will be bitmain (toaster volume out the door) the only real shot is increase in LTC and/or other scrypt coin prices and ratio
to BTC otherwise I'm SOL on this.

(then again I drank the BFL kool aid at one time...so what do I know....it would be nice if the above was just plain wrong) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:00:56 PM

Bitmain will run these miners out in versions of L3,L4.L5 etc like they do their BTC miners...till they hit around a 3c kwh rate or less to make money good for data hall
bitmain runs not so workable for the rest of us......that  bitmain can take over much of scrypt mining seems off to a good start data hall and equipment wise ..I mean really 250mh for

and rest in data hall in Iowa (6 titans)....the 4 in the

It's not that they'd stop making them when ROI hits the 3c/kwh electric level - it's that folks stop buying them when they can't make any money on them.

And since when does Iowa have data halls? The main reason I moved OUT of Iowa was the expensive(ish) electric.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:26:30 AM

and rest in data hall in Iowa (6 titans)....the 4 in the

It's not that they'd stop making them when ROI hits the 3c/kwh electric level - it's that folks stop buying them when they can't make any money on them.

And since when does Iowa have data halls? The main reason I moved OUT of Iowa was the expensive(ish) electric.

Well ya missed one. Looks like the inside of a tom cruse MI movie 😲

Also Dec 24th to Jan 24th a 32% difficulty jump in ltc hashrate FML

1874gh to 2758gh

Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:28:55 AM

Just a quick update.  I have been mining on Nicehash for a few days and the L3 works well on Nicehash.  No problems.  Hashes very close to the rated hash rate. No issues to report.

Only thing I have noticed with the L3's is that every once in a while one of them will restart.  Has not happened but once or twice.  No issues, restarted normally, and is working fine.  So I don't know the reason for the restart.  But thought I would mention it.  

So far the L3 works like it should.  Very happy with them so far.  
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:33:27 AM

Just a quick update.  I have been mining on Nicehash for a few days and the L3 works well on Nicehash.  No problems.  Hashes very close to the rated hash rate. No issues to report.

Only thing I have noticed with the L3's is that every once in a while one of them will restart.  Has not happened but once or twice.  No issues, restarted normally, and is working fine.  So I don't know the reason for the restart.  But thought I would mention it.  

So far the L3 works like it should.  Very happy with them so far.  

With tarky Titan firmware 3rd party for KNC Titans they restart all the time tweaking stuff and/or bringing back a slow die etc. could be the same usefulness on your firmware

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:52:45 PM

Searing, dont worry, heres what most likely will happen:

Price of LTC vs BTC will continue to drop, like it has consistently for over a year or so.
People w/ new ASICs will continue to dump .. dropping the price even faster.
Difficulty will rise substantially.
Hopefully diff will rise fast enough that Bitmain never ROI's(because people hopefully stop buying) on their creation of a Scrypt ASIC(all god damn crypto ASIC manufactures should just die already.)
Titans and other old equip will be dumped.
Diff will peak then start to come back down due to LTC price being so low, Im thinking by the time all the above happens probably we be at .002btc
Miners who bought new ASICs relearn the hard lesson again that buying new ASICs at full price(usually only option).... often enough, results in really never ROI'ing

Year or 2 later....

New hardware is announced and the vicious cycle starts again ... oh and theres the reward halving =P

Its quite a stupid race really. The trick is getting in at a very advantageous point and then getting out soon as that advantage is gone.

For me, Titan will probably be the last ASIC I ever own ... then sadly this hobby will be dead for me ... which really fucking sucks =(

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 07:18:25 PM

Guys, while a datacentre full of mining equipment will draw a lot of power, it's nothing compared to an Aluminum smelter, Steel Mill, Iron Foundry etc.
Even a large manufacturing plant such as a car plant would likely draw more and there are plenty of those in China.

Generation cost varies across regions but if you do your homework you'll find that the raw cost of electricity generation in China is around the mythical 3c per kilowatt (it varies per region, per technology: gas, coal, hydro, nuclear).

The market rate after the government subsidy of 0.42 Yuan/kWh seems to be about 0.66 Yuan/kWh (10c) but there are big discounts for larger users and direct purchase schemes for the really big users such as those above. Those very largest industrial consumers in the list above are paying about 4c per Kwh, so I would imagine Bitmain are paying something like around 6 -7c per kwh (in the middle of the range).

If you think how politics influences subsidies, subsidies go to the largest employers so I don't think Bitmain are going to qualify for anything special there.
We'll never know the exact number, but it's not 3c.

Like everyone here, I'm trying to work out how this will play out and good data beats FUD every time.
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 08:38:04 PM

ColoHub is located in Iowa. They are offering hosting right now at $55 per KW per month.

This is where I have my farm, and lucky for me its 2 miles from my house.

Here is their Miner Hosting/Data Center Thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1709887.msg17132668#msg17132668

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
lokomotive

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 10:04:12 PM

ColoHub is located in Iowa. They are offering hosting right now at $55 per KW per month.

Thanx for info
LegendsRoomLV

Activity: 70

Las Vegas entertainment built on Ethereum

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 04:53:37 AM

Well it looks like we have leaked photos and prices on the internet for the next miner to be released by Bitmain.  The Antminer L3, 250mhs scrypt miner, 400watts at the wall.  

Looks like Alibaba and some of the alternate channels are pricing it around $2300, which probably means a price near $1800-1900 directly from Bitmain. Just my guess.  Looks like things are about to heat up in the Scrypt mining world.

Preliminary specs from AliExpress:
Products Status:Used,StockModel            
Number:Antminer L3-250M
Type:BladeMax Memory Capacity:250Mh/s      
RAM Type:L3HDD
Capacity:L3Blade Server Architecture:230 mm (L) * 135 mm (W) * 158 mm (H)
L2 Cache Capacity:L3Interface Type:EthernetMax Processors:144
Processor Type:BM1485
Hash Rate:250Mh/s
Power Consumption:400 W
Mining Agreements:Scrypt algorithm all coins
Size:230 mm (L) * 135 mm (W) * 158 mm (H)
Total weight:3.5kgFan Size:12CM*1
Operating Temperature:0 to 40
Rated Voltage:DC 11.60 ~13.00V
Power connector:6PIN X 8
Noise:60dB

If you are in a hurry to get one you can order on AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ANTMINER-L3-LTC-miner-250M-newest-scrypt-miner-Litecoin-mining-machine-250M-400W-on-wall-better/32788307240.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.10.N5AC0a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_10000009_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_427_426_10103_10073_10102_10096_10052_10050_10107_10051_10106,searchweb201603_3,afswitch_5&btsid=80bbe765-18f8-4706-b784-b89b384417df

Side 1:

Side 2:

Front:

Rear:

Thanks for the heads up!!!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:46:33 AM

I have my stuff with maxumark there as well. No problems at all. Recommend. A+++++++++++++++

Searing

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:56:15 AM

Searing, dont worry, heres what most likely will happen:

Price of LTC vs BTC will continue to drop, like it has consistently for over a year or so.
People w/ new ASICs will continue to dump .. dropping the price even faster.
Difficulty will rise substantially.
Hopefully diff will rise fast enough that Bitmain never ROI's(because people hopefully stop buying) on their creation of a Scrypt ASIC(all god damn crypto ASIC manufactures should just die already.)
Titans and other old equip will be dumped.
Diff will peak then start to come back down due to LTC price being so low, Im thinking by the time all the above happens probably we be at .002btc
Miners who bought new ASICs relearn the hard lesson again that buying new ASICs at full price(usually only option).... often enough, results in really never ROI'ing

Year or 2 later....

New hardware is announced and the vicious cycle starts again ... oh and theres the reward halving =P

Its quite a stupid race really. The trick is getting in at a very advantageous point and then getting out soon as that advantage is gone.

For me, Titan will probably be the last ASIC I ever own ... then sadly this hobby will be dead for me ... which really fucking sucks =(

I agree Titan is 'dead man walking' IF the price were to pump and IF Bitmain was to have gaps to mine their data halls (like say between L3 and L4) the usual rinse/wash/repeat
they do ...Bitmain data hall first...big data halls in china 2nd ....Chinese folk next..then we hear about this a month after that in the rest of the world.

But at this price it is about PRICE...my only hope to extend my knc titan's demise to what they have always longed for ..ie bricking themselves into doorstops'

would be a combo of that gap between l3,l4,l5 that game bitmain plays and LTC price goes back to above 0.005 ltc to btc (I wish 0.008 ltc to btc)

Unless that happens above the L3 won't even ROI imho ...another Bitmain version say an L4 will come out before and plow right past them too

with out some kinda combo of the above..my titans won't make space heaters for next winter (hey its an option to save 1200 a year in heat)

IF IT REALLY IS Toaster city and bitmain just floods them out...then the L3 imho will be in the same postion as a knc titan by nov/dec this year imho

killed by the next L4 or whatever pumping out at that point of time.

So being a dead (or soon to be) zombie knc titan miner with ROI meant...all the above is out of my control..at least at my 11c (winter) and 13c (summer) ave electric
price between data hall stuff and home....

Any Large whales out there in 3-4c kwh land that wants a good deal on space heaters. I hear it can get 'chilly' in Oregon...use the Titans keep all your new L3's toasty Smiley

But hell I got my first miner in nov 2014 and all other equip ROI'd a while back ....not to mention the knc liguidation stuff has all ROI'd from last summer to boot...so as
of when the titans came out in nov 2014 that is maybe I can stretch it out to 2 1/2 years....I mean how lucky can a smuck be .....that was ridiculous...

probably best I just mine like hell till they all croak..and use the cubes for 'doorstops', 'bookends' 'paperweights' 'rowboat anchors' 'kitty litter box' use near an open
WI FI and a lake as 'ice fishing house space heaters' see endless possibilities Smiley

But gonna hold off on the L3 ...I think they are testing the waters.....after this coming difficulty wave washes most of us away .they will bring out the big guns in

a beefed up L4 imho in the fall......hey its what Bitmain does....any body else did scrypt we could have a shot at riding it out..but bitmain is just too damn big

If I'm wrong about the L3 I have BTC .....If I'm right about the L3 not being where to jump in (if any miner ever again is) I have coin....

We also serve who 'grovel and hide' hoarding ........ So I'm waiting the 'pucker' factor on jumping in on an L3 at a 14 month roi on the hope of a price pump is just
way to high at my 10c kwh rate (winter) and 13c kwh rate (summer)

I salute those getting an L3...I'll be the guy cowering in the corner with popcorn watching...with the knc titan terminal illness ....

(off to cry now) Sad

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:21:48 PM

Well, at least in the short run, it will cost about $0.85 - $0.90 per day of electric...
As of this writing, it would pay 0.01125 BTC/day, or about $10 per day.
So, you would net $9 per day initially, based on todays prices...
Naturally, that wont hold up as time goes on., just like the A4, which costs about $2.25 per day electric and similar hash rate.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:22:47 AM

Bitmain flooding out L3 units might not be as big an issue as folks think - they appear to be having the same "can't get enough chips on a regular basis" issue that they have had all along on the S9.

I do wonder though if Innosilicon is working on a "second gen 14/16nm" chip design.

vinylwasp

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 04:09:00 AM

I do wonder though if Innosilicon is working on a "second gen 14/16nm" chip design.

I don't think so as it costs a lot to change the chip fab, but I do know that they were interested in talking to experienced software devs/engineers about enhancing the software.
I pointed them at emdje who developed several different software releases for the A2 as well as GenTarkin, but I know they were going to look at this again after the Chinese new year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: