Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137401 times)
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2098
Merit: 1397

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 05:58:52 PM

I dont think this will ever get released outside of China to many large farms in china they probably buy up all the miners direct from bitmain and pay them not to publicly release them

Yea there is so much insider crap going on with bitcoin/litecoin these days its pretty sad.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:31:03 AM

I dont think this will ever get released outside of China to many large farms in china they probably buy up all the miners direct from bitmain and pay them not to publicly release them

I really hope it makes it out.  I still remember the L1 I ordered long long ago that they ended up canceling orders.   I would like to see this L3 make it out to public and also see some first hand's of what people think of it.

The "coming soon" of title does seem to be off.  And you might be right about not going directly to public. If they have made it and no real compitation out there it might make sense for them to mine them for a certain amount of time, then sell them.  As chances are they can still sell them down the road even if used.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:46:32 PM

I really hope it makes it out.  I still remember the L1 I ordered long long ago that they ended up canceling orders.   I would like to see this L3 make it out to public and also see some first hand's of what people think of it.

The "coming soon" of title does seem to be off.  And you might be right about not going directly to public. If they have made it and no real compitation out there it might make sense for them to mine them for a certain amount of time, then sell them.  As chances are they can still sell them down the road even if used.
They already sold them to the public as "Batch 1" and they are exactly to spec.  Everyone now is waiting on a second Batch.

lokomotive

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:04:35 PM

Altthough in small numbers. And can't really say that mainsteam srypt coins are super profitable now.
patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 10:12:41 PM

The latest version of Awesome Miner supports the Antminer L3 miner, including the feature to configure privileged API access.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:33:42 PM

The latest version of Awesome Miner supports the Antminer L3 miner, including the feature to configure privileged API access.

Thanks Patrike for the support.  You gave me demo license so that I could try it out and I have been busy with other things and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.   I will be glad to post a review here once I get some time to give this a try.  Thanks for supporting the community! 
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:51:16 AM

They already sold them to the public as "Batch 1" and they are exactly to spec.  Everyone now is waiting on a second Batch.

I have been busy with other project's lately.  Was it a small batch?  I just thought I would see a lot more hand's on type threads if big launch.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:40:57 AM

So far we know of one public batch that was released in China only.  Details are pretty sparse at this point.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:20:24 PM

Just a heads up for the people watching this thread.  I now have an L3 that is misbehaving.  I will start to drop boards until it stops hashing.  The boards will show up with X's on them.  You can tell it to reboot in the software and most of the time it comes back to normal operation for a while, but it falls off again.  I just power cycled that miner to see if it has any effect.  If it were a board issue they wouldn't come back to life on a reboot so it is implying a software or controller issue.  

Not sure how I am going to address this yet since this isn't available in the US market.  But I will keep you posted.

I would say that this might be why Bitmain hasn't released more batches... But then I thought about it and dumping bad miners on the community has never stopped them before... Look at the S9 and R4...  Roll Eyes
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:27:23 PM

Can you recommend an ATX PSU for these miners?
5PCIe Connectors / min. 400W? Since the Miner is quite silent I am not willing to put a noisy server psu next to it....
Thank you
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:53:42 PM

5PCIe Connectors / min. 400W? Since the Miner is quite silent I am not willing to put a noisy server psu next to it....
Thank you

Well you need a PSU with at least 5 pcie ports so that tends to push you up into a larger PSU than is really needed to run the L3.  The EVGA 1000w P2 is a good PSU that can be used for GPU rigs and work well for the L3.  Also the AX1200i also a good PSU, but both are oversized for this particular miner.  Maybe some other users can chime in with their experiences with some smaller PSU's, but these are my go to PSU's around here for most things.

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2098
Merit: 1397

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:12:29 PM

Thank you

Well you need a PSU with at least 5 pcie ports so that tends to push you up into a larger PSU than is really needed to run the L3.  The EVGA 1000w P2 is a good PSU that can be used for GPU rigs and work well for the L3.  Also the AX1200i also a good PSU, but both are oversized for this particular miner.  Maybe some other users can chime in with their experiences with some smaller PSU's, but these are my go to PSU's around here for most things.

5 PCIE power ports for this miner is way over kill. Each board is about 100 watts, so you can easily power 2 with 1 line, so 3 total (2 for boards split, and one for controller). Just use splitters (make sure they are at least 18AWG) and youll be fine...you could also double split one line to power the controller (which uses basically no current), and get away with a total of 2 pcie lines per miner.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
LabaDaba

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:50:09 PM

Just a heads up for the people watching this thread.  I now have an L3 that is misbehaving.  I will start to drop boards until it stops hashing.  The boards will show up with X's on them.  You can tell it to reboot in the software and most of the time it comes back to normal operation for a while, but it falls off again.  I just power cycled that miner to see if it has any effect.  If it were a board issue they wouldn't come back to life on a reboot so it is implying a software or controller issue.  

Not sure how I am going to address this yet since this isn't available in the US market.  But I will keep you posted.

I would say that this might be why Bitmain hasn't released more batches... But then I thought about it and dumping bad miners on the community has never stopped them before... Look at the S9 and R4...  Roll Eyes

Bitmain at it's best. There were also earlier reports about these going bad and broken fans. Looks like T9 is only good miner from Bitmain. And that is until it starts to break.
naron

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:55:00 AM

I notify, that after one month of mining by my L3 it dropped one time one board. So to prevent dropping board I just restarting it once a week.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:27:59 PM

So ticket open with Bitmain and email sent to Eastshore.xyz.  Bitmain is sending my ticket to a different department.  Eastshore.xyz replied to try setting the network to 192.168.1.1/24 network and that fixed the issue for another customer.  However I already had my network setup this way.  Well the miner went down again this morning.  Lots of hardware errors on 1 board, and the 3 other boards went offline.  Sent the screen shot to Eastshore and then attempted to reboot the miner.... It will now not start, and we have a flashing fault light on the controller.  So I sent the update to Eastshore that the miner is now down for the count.  I can still get to the web inteface, but the miner status shows it is not alive... 

So we will see what happens next.  Hopefully it is just a bad hash board and they will just send me a replacement board...  but not likely I will get that lucky.  I will keep you posted.
naron

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:53:53 AM

So ticket open with Bitmain and email sent to Eastshore.xyz.  Bitmain is sending my ticket to a different department.  Eastshore.xyz replied to try setting the network to 192.168.1.1/24 network and that fixed the issue for another customer.  However I already had my network setup this way.  Well the miner went down again this morning.  Lots of hardware errors on 1 board, and the 3 other boards went offline.  Sent the screen shot to Eastshore and then attempted to reboot the miner.... It will now not start, and we have a flashing fault light on the controller.  So I sent the update to Eastshore that the miner is now down for the count.  I can still get to the web inteface, but the miner status shows it is not alive... 

So we will see what happens next.  Hopefully it is just a bad hash board and they will just send me a replacement board...  but not likely I will get that lucky.  I will keep you posted.

If you know witch board is bad try to disconnect it. If not, disconnect all the boards and try to connect each one separately to find the bad one.
When my L3 dropped one board, it still hashed at 3 boards and after power cycle everything come back to working condition.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:32:33 AM

Thank you

5 PCIE power ports for this miner is way over kill. Each board is about 100 watts, so you can easily power 2 with 1 line, so 3 total (2 for boards split, and one for controller). Just use splitters (make sure they are at least 18AWG) and youll be fine...you could also double split one line to power the controller (which uses basically no current), and get away with a total of 2 pcie lines per miner.

ran titans with y adapters..sucked.....talk to maxumark pm him here....he may be able to ..get a server psu 5 leads 15 awg wire ...to you *unsure* ..no issues with these puppies
... also platinum and 94% vs 91% eff..he can be contacted on here

no issues that way ..oh and instead of 1200 watts like the corsair 1200i the above is (prob overkill) but 2580 watts ......bye bye y adapters

it is great

likely same fix would work well for the L3's with perhaps less 'pop' needed watts wise Smiley

just an FYI

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:33:57 AM

Actually I was thinking about "normal retail" ATX PSUs - without adapters. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:37:24 AM

Actually I was thinking about "normal retail" ATX PSUs - without adapters. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

don't know of any that are above 16 awg...again have titans....so needed at least 16 awg....the above I mention was 2x the power for same price of a
corsair 1200i from newegg more or less..thus for me it was a no brainer

it's the 15 awg in my case that made the diff

but for an L3 a 1200i corsair at 16 awg wire w/o a y adapter should work fine imho..but you'd need 2 and a bit over kill don't ya know

usually the over 1000 psu's have 16awg ..seasonic for example all have 18 awg and me ...even with the L3 I'd like 16 awg to be safe (just saying) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:47:47 PM

So the problem L3 crashed hard yesterday with a fault light on the controller.  So I shut it down, disconnected all the boards, and power cycled the miner and reset the controller.  Then test booted one board at a time to see if one of them was causing the fault.  No fault was found.  So I reconnected one board at a time until I had all 4 boards connected again.  The miner is back up so I am just monitoring it now.

I have email off to eastshore with screen shots of the down miner.  I also opened the ticket with Bitmain and just sent off screen shots to them.  So now I watch for the next dropped boards or fault light.  So it is a waiting game at the moment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: