Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:58:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137402 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:43:46 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 08:55:40 PM by toptek

Anyone selling L3's currently? I have A4's, but would like to try an L3 for the reduces power consumption.

I bought mine on https://www.eastshore.xyz . The shipment was fast and nice, but I can only mine on antpool...

They have a nice download section and should be able to give good support, so far the A4 136 MH, i bought from them runs great i had to get a better PSU then what i was using one of the Blades on the A4 kept dropping off so i replaced the PSU now it holds up .... but saving for a L3 .. or might get a another A4 this time 280 MH for about the same price.

LINK to the new PSU , it is brand new or the one i got is ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232259820738?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

but i see you fixed it firewall Smiley..

I'm just worried more about how long the L3 will run but want one ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:43:37 AM

After 2 months of mining the most time the L3 worked without faults, just one time it dropped 1 hasboard but after the reboot it came back for regular hashing. Few days ago the miner crashed and when I checked the miner status I noticed that the board2 loss 4 asic chips, and I was surprised that this was not hashboard3 that always generated a lot of HW errors. At this time I can't get 4 asic chip to come back up even after the reboot. I contacted Bitmain and they confirmed that the repair cost is around 35 USD for each board without warranty, plus shipping cost. I'm going to create a repair ticket and ship the hashboard back. I just hope to get help from Deep In The Mines to create a return label with their discounted shipping rate.
I noticed that the hardware defects are starting to appear after two months of use and the example is my L3 and two L3 from Longsnow.
Anyone minnig more than 2 months without serious issue?

This is exactly why I posted my saga on the L3's here.  My L3's ran fine for a while also.  But just like the S9/R4/T9's they almost always seem to start off working just fine.  Then the problems start.  So that is why I hoped to share this wisdom with people here about the L3's and to be aware that the same issues that Bitmain has with their other miners are here on the L3 also.  They just don't make a reliable miner.  

However warning people isn't enough because everyone thinks that "accidents" and "problems" happen to other people.  So we continue to buy this junk thinking it won't happen to us.  The cost of shipping unless you get lucky to have someone help you like "@Deep In The Mines" to let you print a shipping label with him will cost you a fortune even if the board repair cost is reasonable.

Next problem is that when you ship back to them it goes to a Hong Kong address.  From there once they get it they told me it can take 5-10 days for it to be shipped to China and processed through customs.  Then the repair can take place.  No estimate on that time required.  Or the shipment time to get it back.  So at this point I think I am probably being very conservative when I say it will likely be at LEAST 1 month before this is all done and the board is back.  Sadly I have 1 hash board out for repair and one controller/io board out for repair.   Just waiting for the next board to bite the dust while I am waiting on the stuff I have already shipped to get shuffled around, fixed, and sent back.

So I know I am probably wasting time sharing this experience with people, but hopefully it will help a few people who will take heed.  Until these miners are sold in other markets and you have someone like "BitmainWarranty" doing repairs locally the time to get a board repaired is very long and the cost is high.  Even with local repair the cost is still high.  So take it for what it is worth.  

I won't be in a hurry to buy more L3's and certainly NOT the L3+.  

maxumark has a hosting plan and L3 ON HAND (you pay $2550 (100 bucks off thru monday 4/3/17) its the works. Also includes REPLACEMENT hash if you L3 decides it needs
to take a trip back to china...I've been hosting with him for a year.....er he also includes the PSU in above and again elec and everything for the year price (best plan)

He may only have 10 or so in house.....for purchase or the hosting plan.....just saying

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802108.0

Anyway ...I've been hosting with him for almost a year and the last of my knc titans are going there..I"ve just grabbed 3 of these deals. We will see chump or champ
easy to be brave at 10c kwh on such deal (not like some of you guys with 5c kwh prices) and current $7.36 usd priced LTC Smiley

anyway asic gambling again...the bitmain L3 may die like it has for others...but with the hosting.....while it vacations in china ...i'm covered.....

again for you guys with  (pretty) 5c kwh this does not mean much...for me who has current (heated house) winter elec rate of 10c kwh and going in a month to 13c kwh
this was pretty much a no brainer gamble for me

I also have been to his house...had my stuff hosted with him for a year....all my 3800mh of pow scrypt will be in the data hall soon....talk to him 2x a week and I will act as 'escrow' if need be....others on here know he is legit...again this is the same price dealhe had at 4.15 usd LTC..just a moving them out at the same price to get the word out he is legit and will be continuing to offer as best a deal he can in the future..again going fast I'd bet half he has are gone already ..either sold or hosted Smiley

we will see.....chump or champ indeed...asic gambling again...off the frigging wagon Smiley

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:21:06 PM

I can also vouch for Maxumark.  He and I have bought and sold miners and mining stuff, and I have talked to him on the phone a couple of times.  He is full time earning his living from cryptos and is a man on a mission!  Grin

The thing that is interesting about this deal with Maxumark is the replacement hash deal for 1 year.  If your miner bites the dust and needs boards replaced/repaired Mark is going to swap board etc and get you back up and running while the boards get taken care of.  If even 1 of the miners were to do this to you then this starts to look like an attractive deal and to have that coverage for a year is peace of mind.

Given the track record of the L3's that I own I can say that this offer might be good insurance.  The cost includes the L3, the PSU, 1 year of hosting at a professional tier 1 data center, climate controlled, and Mark on site to take care of anything that happens.  If you have been thinking about getting an L3 this is about as risk free an offer as you are likely to run across as far as having working and reliable gear at a decent cost. 

Could you buy the miner cheaper yourself? Yes, you could.  Add it all up and you could probably do this whole thing for about $100-150 less than what Mark is charging, but you would have to eat the risk of the L3's dropping boards etc yourself.  I can tell you I am down 1 L3 right now and it has been down for a few weeks.  I would have been down 2 miners, but I robbed from one down miner to get the other one back online.  Thankfully I only had to send just the bad boards.  My boards for the miner are in China trying to clear customs and have not even gotten to the repair facility yet.  By the time this all gets sorted out I will probably be down 1 miner for probably 1.5-2 months.  That is time I am not able to mine.  With the deal that Maxumark has going you wouldn't be down at all.  The hash would be replaced and you would just be out the cost of shipping boards and waiting for repairs.   

So I would say that isn't a bad insurance policy.  I am in a holding pattern myself or I would probably consider taking Maxumark up on one or two of these.  If your are considering doing L3's this might be your chance.  I don't think this offer will be on the table for very long. 
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:59:04 AM

Right now a L3 generates $295 a month after power cost at .10 a KWH mining LTC which is not even the most profitable scrypt coin to mine.

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
shadowhlohavec

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 11:10:29 AM

Where to buy these? when will be a new batch? When it came to eastshore it was already sold out like wtf? Baikal, pinidea, l3 sold out  Sad

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:39:09 PM

Where to buy these? when will be a new batch? When it came to eastshore it was already sold out like wtf? Baikal, pinidea, l3 sold out  Sad

Literally all ASIC are sold out right now. Pinidea, Baikal, L3 etc. No word on when stock comes back either (and I have working relationships with all manufacturers)

titanminer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:15:52 PM

you should able to find them on alibaba.com if not east shore. Nothing on the bitmain site unfortunately
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 315
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:29:34 AM

Literally all ASIC are sold out right now. Pinidea, Baikal, L3 , ...

I happen to be looking. I've come across a couple a "smells like scams".
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:49:02 AM

Literally all ASIC are sold out right now. Pinidea, Baikal, L3 , ...

I happen to be looking. I've come across a couple a "smells like scams".

Ditto....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
shadowhlohavec

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 01:45:26 PM

I have found this at Eastshore.xyz :  Shipping starts on 24th April. Is this a real date of a new batch or just a random date? I don't know, now if to wait for L3 / buy GPU rigs / or wait for pinidea/baikal Huh

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
youngblackgod

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:25:30 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 05:15:24 AM by youngblackgod

I just recently started learning about Bitcoins and altcoins, Almost just threw my money at a t9 till i realized home sha 256 mining is damn near irrelevant at this point but scrypt mining is a bit more profitable for someone just starting out. I know 295 a month isnt much for alot of you veteran guys but i was a 9-5 worker who recently lost his job and just makes money on the side. ive saved up an amount of money to Grab a L3 from eastshore before they sold out but im just waiting for the shipment, I already have a rx480 4gb mining on my gaming computer with 2 more rx480's 8gb's on the way, and a R1 router as well for luck. For someone Who doesnt pay utilities and small monthly rental payments, this was the best entry for me to start mining. My Roi is looking like 45-65 days.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:42:53 PM

I have found this at Eastshore.xyz :  Shipping starts on 24th April. Is this a real date of a new batch or just a random date? I don't know, now if to wait for L3 / buy GPU rigs / or wait for pinidea/baikal Huh

Bitmain has pulled all the L3's back. I am on the same eastshore batch and paid and eastshore was told shipping of
all L3's canceled and wait undetermined time for the L3 plus only.

Bitmain seems to have yanked them all back to mine with. Literally off the truck. Eastshore is beyond
pissed. I'd also assume a delay of 3 months on L3+ so Bitmain can mine like hell and them.
Price of an L3 I'll claim now will double. Anyway I'm getting refunded on the batch in question

Well I got 4 L3's but damn 8 would have been bliss

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:49:26 PM

I have found this at Eastshore.xyz :  Shipping starts on 24th April. Is this a real date of a new batch or just a random date? I don't know, now if to wait for L3 / buy GPU rigs / or wait for pinidea/baikal Huh

Bitmain has pulled all the L3's back. I am on the same eastshore batch and paid and eastshore was told shipping of

Bitmain seems to have yanked them all back to mine with. Literally off the truck. Eastshore is beyond
pissed. I'd also assume a delay of 3 months on L3+ so Bitmain can mine like hell and them.
Price of an L3 I'll claim now will double. Anyway I'm getting refunded on the batch in question

Are they pulling them from the market in order to fix them properly or is there a darker purpose at work here?
titanminer

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:01:31 PM

Thank god I still have my titans Smiley all of this sounds fishy too me lol  Roll Eyes
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:16:10 PM

I just recently started learning about Bitcoins and altcoins, Almost just threw my money at a t9 till i realized home sha 256 mining is damn near irrelevant at this point but scrypt mining is a bit more profitable for someone just starting out. I know 295 a month is much for alot of you veteran guys but i was a 9-5 worker who recently lost his job and just makes money on the side. ive saved up an amount of money to Grab a L3 from eastshore before they sold out but im just waiting for the shipment, I already have a rx480 4gb mining on my gaming computer with 2 more rx480's 8gb's on the way, and a R1 router as well for luck. For someone Who doesnt pay utilities and small monthly rental payments, this was the best entry for me to start mining. My Roi is looking like 45-65 days.

watch out it is very addicting ...  but yea there is no point in home mining BTC any more unless you can set up a nice a farm in your house which is still very possible but takes a lot costly gear , Home mining ,won't die either some one is always looking for ways to keep it a live and who knows you losing your job might be the best thing that ever happen to you sense you joined something that is still very new and fun and makes cash , don't get me wrong it's not easy cash there is a lot of work involved even for a hobby home miner like me plus reading and learning to get it just right ..

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:25:27 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 07:38:51 PM by toptek

Sigh i was just about to buy one off eastshore but do plan to buy another A4 tube form them sense the A4s are running better for me sense INNOSILICON sent me the firmware beta 203 , 204 i was told is suppose to fix a lot more if not just about everything . that they are working on . who knows they may figure out a way to lower the power usage more with software, which is very possible. i may even buy one or two A2 yet but so far i have yet to because i get the feeling I wasn't meant to and i could have ...

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:28:59 PM

I should put my 2 up on Flea-Bay at $2500 each!!  Makes ROI plus some!!

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:35:12 PM

I should put my 2 up on Flea-Bay at $2500 each!!  Makes ROI plus some!!

I'm sure you will get it, only reason i buy it off eastshore they are the cheapest ones Ive found any place that sell real gear of all most any of the new stuff  ...  and are Honest reseller's .

shield132

Activity: 2226
Merit: 865

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:37:51 PM

It's good step from bitmain but why I can't to see information about antminer L3 on bitmain's website? Despite that fact I have seen them on amazon, ebay and aliexpress, also there are reviews on googlr but ehy isn't it on bitmain? Isn't it officially in massive sell? Or there are betas on websites?
BTW seems good miner and it's already popular on litecoin forums. Which one is better, baikal or this?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:11:04 PM

It's good step from bitmain but why I can't to see information about antminer L3 on bitmain's website? Despite that fact I have seen them on amazon, ebay and aliexpress, also there are reviews on googlr but ehy isn't it on bitmain? Isn't it officially in massive sell? Or there are betas on websites?
BTW seems good miner and it's already popular on litecoin forums. Which one is better, baikal or this?

Bitmain isn't selling them world wide yet and may not or on there world wide site, you can see the them on there Chinese site and buy them there, i think on the buy part ...  .Ive seen them on there Chinese site sorry don't have link anymore but some one in this post, posted it i believe ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: