Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:17:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137401 times)
shadowhlohavec

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 05:29:21 PM

so we have to order and pay it now and we will get it after 5th of may right?

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 05:31:00 PM

This seems like a very reasonable deal? Is there some hidden catch? Also, can anyone explain to me the $500 difference between buying first batch and second? It it simply because they think the difficulty will rise substantially following second batch? Just wondering. Thanks. Anyone have suggestions on hosting options? Cheesy

We host L3s for $132  prepaid for 6 months and L3+ for $264 prepaid for 6 months.

Or you you have 5 or more units you can pay monthly with 1st month + 1 month deposit.

Located in the US Midwest.

PM me, or go to  http://www.btcmeqc.com  for more information.

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

It's going to be sent after 5th. That's normal at Bitmains.
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:19:20 PM

This seems like a very reasonable deal? Is there some hidden catch? Also, can anyone explain to me the $500 difference between buying first batch and second? It it simply because they think the difficulty will rise substantially following second batch? Just wondering. Thanks. Anyone have suggestions on hosting options? Cheesy

Yes of course there is a hidden catch...I was caught of guard as well by the price (lower than the original L3 at twice the hash power?). Its obvious bitmain is prepping to dump these on the market. Scrypt hash power will tripple in the next 2-3 months.

Don't forget that they are also taking advantage of the recent price hikes to make it look like this is a super deal. Dont think that this LTC price will last forever (though I hope I'm wrong).

The shipping date for April has already been sold out! don't understand why they cant just ship all of them out at the same time  Cry does anyone know what any other PSU I can use on the ant miner L3+ besides the APW3+-12-1600W?  ..  

if the entire unit can run at 800w that means u can use 1 dps-1200 server psu and 1 breakout board to run the entire miner. there are 4 hashing boards so if the total power draw is 800 that means each pci cable will handle less than 200w if you consider that the controller is using some of that 800w to power itself and the 2 fans. If those numbers are correct you can run the entire miner with only 5 pci-e cables but only if they are 16awg cables. most pc power supplies use 18awg which in that case you would need a total of 9 to power this miner. all of my psu's u are server psu's or have cabled that i swapped with the stock psu cables so i dont run anything less than 16awg cables. if you want to be careful (probably the best thing to do) you can use 2 16awg cables per hashing board and 1 for the controller. either way at 800w the entire miner can run from one server psu based on the model i listed above. you dont need to use bitmains psu which is more expensive and is less reliable. that and it requires 220v to run their current miners at full speed.

i got 4 of the l3+'s. i cant believe that ebay listing wanted $4800 for one of these miners...more than double the cost from the manufacturer directly. for once bitmain didnt screw us on price. they were completely reasonable and im thankful for that. the $450 difference is based on them being shipped by the 15th of april vs them being shipped by may 5th. i went with the april batch because i dont like my money sitting in limbo any longer than it has to.

to the guy asking about temps and noise...im feeling like that isnt the case honestly. it has the same design as the s9 and has 2 fans just like the s9 but u have to remember the s9 uses the better part of double the power the l3+ uses anddddd the l3+ has 4 boards instead of just 3 like the s9 so less power goes through the boards....less heat....more surface area for the heat to spread out to which in turn means more surface area for the air to come in contact with....all that seems to equal less air is needed which in turn means a quieter miner. this is just me guessing though and i dont have my order yet but based on the info im seeing it seems like that is the case. if not thats fine too since these wont be runnig in my house anyway.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:59:34 PM

Yes of course there is a hidden catch...I was caught of guard as well by the price (lower than the original L3 at twice the hash power?). Its obvious bitmain is prepping to dump these on the market. Scrypt hash power will tripple in the next 2-3 months.

Don't forget that they are also taking advantage of the recent price hikes to make it look like this is a super deal. Dont think that this LTC price will last forever (though I hope I'm wrong).

The shipping date for April has already been sold out! don't understand why they cant just ship all of them out at the same time  Cry does anyone know what any other PSU I can use on the ant miner L3+ besides the APW3+-12-1600W?  ..  

if the entire unit can run at 800w that means u can use 1 dps-1200 server psu and 1 breakout board to run the entire miner. there are 4 hashing boards so if the total power draw is 800 that means each pci cable will handle less than 200w if you consider that the controller is using some of that 800w to power itself and the 2 fans. If those numbers are correct you can run the entire miner with only 5 pci-e cables but only if they are 16awg cables. most pc power supplies use 18awg which in that case you would need a total of 9 to power this miner. all of my psu's u are server psu's or have cabled that i swapped with the stock psu cables so i dont run anything less than 16awg cables. if you want to be careful (probably the best thing to do) you can use 2 16awg cables per hashing board and 1 for the controller. either way at 800w the entire miner can run from one server psu based on the model i listed above. you dont need to use bitmains psu which is more expensive and is less reliable. that and it requires 220v to run their current miners at full speed.

i got 4 of the l3+'s. i cant believe that ebay listing wanted $4800 for one of these miners...more than double the cost from the manufacturer directly. for once bitmain didnt screw us on price. they were completely reasonable and im thankful for that. the $450 difference is based on them being shipped by the 15th of april vs them being shipped by may 5th. i went with the april batch because i dont like my money sitting in limbo any longer than it has to.

to the guy asking about temps and noise...im feeling like that isnt the case honestly. it has the same design as the s9 and has 2 fans just like the s9 but u have to remember the s9 uses the better part of double the power the l3+ uses anddddd the l3+ has 4 boards instead of just 3 like the s9 so less power goes through the boards....less heat....more surface area for the heat to spread out to which in turn means more surface area for the air to come in contact with....all that seems to equal less air is needed which in turn means a quieter miner. this is just me guessing though and i dont have my order yet but based on the info im seeing it seems like that is the case. if not thats fine too since these wont be runnig in my house anyway.

Let us know how it works out for you.  The current L3's that I have run 4 boards also, but heat is a factor at only 400 watts.  Many people have to turn the fans up on the L3's to ensure there is enough air flow for the interior boards.  So that is why Bitmain shoved a second fan on there and they are going to pump up the volume in more ways than one. 

I suspect you are going to end up with a miner on the same playing field of the S9.   So we will all be looking forward to the reports on how these run for you and the sound levels from these.   
vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 08:50:40 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 09:28:08 PM by vinylwasp

I think the price difference can be explained in terms of economic value. When profit margins were skinny as they were in Nov->Feb, the value of the increased efficiency of an L3 over an A4 was much higher than it is now so the price was higher.

Inversely, with profits as high as they are today, reliability is in my opinion much more important than electricity efficiency.
Using 250Mh/s for comparison and 0.00006BTC/Mhs/day as a payout benchmark we can do the sums like this

250Mhs * 0.00006 = 0.015 BTC per day and 0.015 * 1200 = $18USD per day (either L3 or A4 @ 250Mhs)

If an L3 uses 400w and an A4 1050w, the diff is 650w or a 0.65kw saving. 0.65 x 0.075 (my cost of electricity in USD) x 24 = $1.116 saving per day.
Lets assume that Longsnowsm's failure rate is a very conservative MTBF, so we assume that 20% of miners have some kind of failure per 6 month period, and it takes 30 days for the repair.

If we have 5 x 250Mhs miners (either L3 or A4), the gross profits should be 5 miners x $18 per day x 182 (days) = $16,830
The power savings in choosing an L3 = 5 x $1.116 x 182 days = $1018.35

The cost of lost mining production due to card failures = $18 x 2 (failed miners) x 30 days = $1080

Wow, those figures are pretty close, but the difference would fall in favour of electricity efficiency if you used 10c per KWh, however I also haven't factored in your time to deal with repairs, or any shipping or repair costs once they're out of warranty, and frankly I think 20% per 6 months looks too low, so at current mining profit margins I believe reliability is of greater economic value than electricity efficiency, but that's just my opinion.

If you have relatively stable electricity prices they key question in a 2-3 year ROI plan is 'where are scrypt mining profits heading?'
Well, my belief is that GameCedits and Syscoin will explode when the Game App-store and Syscoin BlockMarket are both released later this month. Look at the last 24 Hrs.
I don't understand where the value is in BitconnectCoin so it could implode any day, but overall I think scrypt profits will remain in a range between 0.00005 and 0.00008 btc/mhs.

BTW, I'm assuming Inno match the price of the L3 shortly so up front price differences are removed. Looking at the L3+ price, it does look attractive but we have no idea of the MTBF yet (it really could be worse), and honestly I like the clockwork set and forget reliability of my A4s. Also just remeber that profit loss due to a failed miner will be double with the L3+ as you're losing twice the hashrate. If Bitmain insist on returning the whole miner for a single card failure and it has more cards, the failure rate per miner will actually increase by the % of additional cards it has over the L3, even with the same per card MBTF. Ouch.

Disclaimer: I own quite a few A4's so this response is somewhat biased, but the maths don't lie.  ;-)
firehawk71

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:20:52 PM

Hi all just got 2 L3s up and running last night however I am getting hardware errors also. I have had 12 HW errors in 4 hours on 2 separate machines. Is this normal? On both miners the hardware error rates seem to almost be identical. And its only on one card on each miner? The Hashrate seems to be as advertised.
vinylwasp

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:30:28 PM

Hi all just got 2 L3s up and running last night however I am getting hardware errors also. I have had 12 HW errors in 4 hours on 2 separate machines. Is this normal? On both miners the hardware error rates seem to almost be identical. And its only on one card on each miner? The Hashrate seems to be as advertised.

I suggest you read all Longsnowsm's posts on this thread.
I'm sorry but this seems to be how they start to behave when they're beginning to fail.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:37:45 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 12:03:35 AM by toptek

yes. you can trust bitmain ... to send it but GL with Support from my S5 days it was hell and got worse  ....I'll stay with Script mining Using A4 unless these turn out good so well see the price is good but it's bitmain .  and Gpu mining  and do just as good without the BS .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:38:54 PM

These two should work ok  with the L3 +

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252701978823?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  you can plug two L3 + in to this one maybe 3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191640171414?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI191640171414.N36.S1.R1.TR1 one L3 +

break out board that runs both :

https://centrix-intl.com/details.asp?Parent2ID=1&productid=13329

I have a few of PSU and Break out boards they are really nice, the 2400 watt is brand new ..

for now I'm gonna stay with  A4's mines running stable ...and  buy one two more , i don't care about Power usages i worry more about how long will it  last .. and how stable they are

I know all to well what bitmains  support is like  and how bad it is .. so far INNOSILICON  gets back with the me the next day ..and so far with INNOSILICON i don't have to buy direct for Support .

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:45:26 PM

These two should work ok  with the L3 +

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252701978823?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  you can plug two L3 + in to this one may 3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191640171414?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI191640171414.N36.S1.R1.TR1 one L3 +

I have a few of PSU and Break out boards  there really nice the 2400 watt is brand new ..

Unfortunately the L3+ requires 9 PCIE connectors, that board doesn't have enough.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 09:47:53 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 10:01:50 PM by toptek

These two should work ok  with the L3 +

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252701978823?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  you can plug two L3 + in to this one may 3

I have a few of PSU and Break out boards  there really nice the 2400 watt is brand new ..

Unfortunately the L3+ requires 9 PCIE connectors, that board doesn't have enough.

sorry did not notice ,there is another one it does have enough plugs, i have one two of them ..

this one runs both those PSU with more plugs and made by  Sidehack on the bitcoin part of the forums  and said he has a few in stock ..

https://asicpuppy.com/magentoPuppy/

sidehacks stuff or link to some of his stuff, may have to read thu it  btw he makes BTC miner for us on top of PSU  breakout boards has full PSU kits and does some hosting ..

I'm not trying sell anything  just making sure you all are a  ware of him ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1718358

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:29:42 PM

sorry did not notice ,there is another one it does have enough plugs, i have one two of them ..

this one runs both those PSU with more plugs and made by  Sidehack on the bitcoin part of the forums  and said he has a few in stock ..

sidehacks stuff or link to some of his stuff, may have to read thu it  btw he makes BTC miner for us on top of PSU  breakout boards has full PSU kits and does some hosting ..

Only downside to that one is the DL580 PSU needs 240V to make 1200W, it only makes 800W on 120V from my understanding.
Deep In The Mines LLC

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 10:32:39 PM

Only downside to that one is the DL580 PSU needs 240V to make 1200W, it only makes 800W on 120V from my understanding.

They are 900w at 110v-120v

Deep In The Mines LLC Cryptocurrency miners, power supplies, breakout boards and accessories!

Authorized Biostar and Silverstone Reseller.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:46:25 PM

@Firehawk71, You should be OK with those HW errors.  If they start to climb rapidly, or you see a 100, 200 or more in a 24 hr period then you are likely going to be repairing a board.  Some of the boards start out like yours and remain stable and work fine.  Others on the other hand will start to get worse and the error rate will climb until the miner starts crashing.  Then you will be sending it off for repairs.

I would not worry about it at this point.  I think you will be fine.  I would say if your ambient temps are starting to climb there like they are here then I would say make sure you have some box fans and turn off auto on the L3 fans and set it like 80% and then just keep an eye on it.  The two boards that have issues are boards 2 and 3.  In my case it was board 3 that chronically shows higher temps and usually is where the hardware errors appear.  The thought process here is by turning up the fan we can keep those interior boards cooler and less prone to failure.  Of course keeping a box fan moving some air through it can't hurt.

I would say don't sweat it and just enjoy your miners now.  When they run they are very nice.  They are quiet, they do use little electricity.  They are a good size and there is a lot to like about them.  I would take L3's over the L3+ any day just from what I can see so far.  Of course I am watching to see what new L3+ owners have to say.

I completely agree with Vinylwasp in his math.  It only takes a single board failure to erase a large chunk of your profits.  As long as Bitmain does NOT change the policy and continues to allow us to send back just failed boards the costs for an event can be somewhat tempered by continuing to run a miner that is down a board, and reduced shipping costs to send boards in for repair.  However if this becomes chronic like the S9/T9/R4 and Bitmain insists on sending back the entire miner then the impact is dramatic to your bottom line.   Sadly I think that is exactly what they will do is change the policy so that the entire miner has to be returned.  We will find out soon enough.

Hardware stability and reliability really do have to be factored in and I can assure you that the mini bubbles we seeing blown all over the place by the whales playing whale games will come to an end and we will be back to day to day grinding it out for a little profit.  When margins are thin a single hardware failure like this can make the difference between profitability and a loss we have to make better decisions no matter how hard it is to refrain.  It is just the economic truth...

But I doubt many are listening to this message... All they hear is "WHALE SONG", and are swooned out to sea by the enchanting possibilities.  I don't blame you, it is hard to resist.  If we have learned anything from Bitmain so far is that they have released multiple batches of miners and still have a pretty high failure rate.  They haven't fixed anything with the S9/T9/R4.  I seriously doubt they have fixed the issues with the L3.  In typical support fashion I am told with a straight "email face" that this is the first they have heard of these problems with the L3 I have reported...  Yes, they really said that...  Roll Eyes  
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 315
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:55:38 PM

Sidehack on the bitcoin part of the forums  and said he has a few in stock ..

He also hosts.  I just sent an S9.  I believe he rents PSUs if you don't have one ...
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:35:14 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 12:06:10 AM by toptek

sidehacks stuff or link to some of his stuff, may have to read thu it  btw he makes BTC miner for us on top of PSU  breakout boards has full PSU kits and does some hosting ..

They are 900w at 110v-120v

Thanks  i left that out, i have one of the 1200 watts ruining on a 110 line right now because the A4's are load and the room it is in has no 240 line which im about to have two put in and make my mining room it's kind of sound proofed and has one window so venting won't be a problem either .  

yup they do hit 900 watts. on a 110 line but are not true Platinum Power Supply but are a lot better then the black socket one you can buy for 15 to 25 bucks...  and should run a L3 + with out issue on a 110, i would spend a extra 100 bucks if I had the room and it's house and have a 240 put in, there is a really big difference what you can do with a 240 line and be safe .
bitmain is just tiring to sell there PSU sense that's the only one they make ...

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:14:35 AM

Miracles will never cease... Bitmain FINALLY received my bad hash board at their facility.  Now to see how long before they can turn it back around and it finally gets back to me. 

Right now I am still wagering we will be at a month of down time before the board is back.  Now that doesn't help me too much because the controller/io board also went back to Bitmain through Eastshore and I am still waiting on that to be received, processed and returned by Bitmain.  So even if they get the hash board back to me I will still be down until they get the other board also repaired and returned. 

At least there is some progress to finally report.  Wink 
vinylwasp

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:41:01 AM

I use these 1500w Gold PSUs with 10 x PCIe 6pin connectors: https://rsenda.en.alibaba.com/product/60538267177-0/R_Senda_80Plus_gold_1500W_power_supply_for_bitcoin_miner.html?spm=a2700.8304367.0.0.swPTUU

Ignore the min order figure of 100, I've managed to order as few as 5 for USD $110 ea. landed in New Zealand.
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:14:27 AM

Seems to be sold out...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: