Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:13:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137401 times)
MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 07:06:31 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2017, 07:46:03 PM by MachineZero

Well it sounds like Segwit or UASF is going to get pushed through and miners are about to take a serious haircut.  This probably explains the sudden move to presale miners and dump them in the market by Bitmain.  

Funny how the money masters have managed to get everyone to think it is a good idea to just hand the keys over to them and make everyone think it was "our idea".  

So this may explain the sudden odd behavior by Bitmain.  But then again my tin foil hat is wrapped kinda tight...

Is covert ASICBOOST being used on L3 or L3+? Thought that was only for SHA256 PoW, not scrypt.
Only makes sense to dump if PoS kicks in.

kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:37:07 PM

L3 are far too efficent vs. A4. They are on same process 14/16nm so power draw should be close and not 2.5x difference.
titanminer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:51:26 AM

Hello guys,

Yesterday I sent payment (BTC) to Bitmain for 2 x Antminer L3+ devices, in meantime transactions stuck. Now I see that status of my devices are: Paid/Unshipped/Expired. If order expired does Bitmain cancel such orders? It is not fair if they doing such things, because I pay on time,and we all know how BTC transactions can be slow. Anyone has similar problem, what is solution?

Hey guys, my payment is stuck also as i didn't realise the payment fee was low when i sent it to bitmain Sad  any suggestions on speeding up my transaction?

Much appreciated
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:10:00 PM

Hello guys,

Yesterday I sent payment (BTC) to Bitmain for 2 x Antminer L3+ devices, in meantime transactions stuck. Now I see that status of my devices are: Paid/Unshipped/Expired. If order expired does Bitmain cancel such orders? It is not fair if they doing such things, because I pay on time,and we all know how BTC transactions can be slow. Anyone has similar problem, what is solution?

Hey guys, my payment is stuck also as i didn't realise the payment fee was low when i sent it to bitmain Sad  any suggestions on speeding up my transaction?

Much appreciated

I do have problems like that. I've made a payment by money transfer but now it says Unpaid, Expired.
Am I alone in this or it's general problem?
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:15:48 PM

Hello guys,

Much appreciated

all you can do is wait. when my payment gets stuck i notice it goes through the the wee hours of the morning and im eastern time. i have seen my payment gets stuck for an upwards of a day so its not uncommon im sure. mine got stuck when i stopped filling out the info for the transaction to re read the listing on bitmains site and in a matter of a few mins the minimum tx recomended went up but it didnt change on my wallet so i ended up underpaying when sending my payment which caused it to take forever to process lol. in any case even if it expires on bitmains website you can email their support with the order info anf tx details and they will manually approve the payment for you if their system doesnt pick up on it already.

I have a hard time thinking they can manufacture anything less than a 100K units cost effectively.
Most FAB runs are in the millions of units.

idk....we are talking chinese manufacturing and assembly work prices and they are selling them at premiums and markups so im pretty sure lower numbers on miner productions are more than withing their margins. as for chips....of course they are having tons of them produced at once to get lower numbers but 100k+ fully assembled miners isnt something they are knocking out in a few minths. I feel like the heatsink placement on the front and back on each chip is one of the largest delays when producting assembled miners for them. they cant flip the boards over until the adhesive cures and they have to place one on every cip on both sides. either way i think a couple k miners in a single batch is more realistic.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:35:19 PM

288 chips on each unit. 1M chips around 3.5k units. That sounds realistic.

Yep, I neglected to consider the 288 chips per rig. My bad.
Ok, I can see how 3.5k units could sell out in a day.

If anyone has second thoughts, please let me know as I would like to get one if possible.
titanminer

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:42:19 PM

Hello guys,

Much appreciated

all you can do is wait. when my payment gets stuck i notice it goes through the the wee hours of the morning and im eastern time. i have seen my payment gets stuck for an upwards of a day so its not uncommon im sure. mine got stuck when i stopped filling out the info for the transaction to re read the listing on bitmains site and in a matter of a few mins the minimum tx recomended went up but it didnt change on my wallet so i ended up underpaying when sending my payment which caused it to take forever to process lol. in any case even if it expires on bitmains website you can email their support with the order info anf tx details and they will manually approve the payment for you if their system doesnt pick up on it already.

I'm using a old version of my wallet so it doesn't give me a option to adjust the fee, it basically does it for you. my transaction has been seen by 20+ peers and still nothing confirmed?  is it because the fee is to low? its been nearly 2 days.. I could reset the block chain and transactions but does this mean my payment gets sent back to me? and would I have to back up my wallet before doing so?
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2098
Merit: 1397

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:41:58 PM

If anyone has second thoughts, please let me know as I would like to get one if possible.

Based on my estimated size per chip, they are probably producing 100k chips per wafer batch. So about 300-500 units per batch. This is inline with the first L3 batch that bumped hashrate up by about 200-300 GH. To be safe figure they are producing 500 per batch, for a total of 1,500 units for the 3 batches. Your looking at least 750 GH of hashrate added to network. So at least 3.5 TH by July. I would base any ROI calculations on that.

And of course you can assume they'll do what they did with the L3 buyers that got screwed...sell double the hashrate miner for half the cost in july again Tongue

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:43:12 PM

Based on my estimated size per chip, they are probably producing 100k chips per wafer batch. So about 300-500 units per batch. This is inline with the first L3 batch that bumped hashrate up by about 200-300 GH. To be safe figure they are producing 500 per batch, for a total of 1,500 units for the 3 batches. Your looking at least 750 GH of hashrate added to network. So at least 3.5 TH by July. I would base any ROI calculations on that.

And of course you can assume they'll do what they did with the L3 buyers that got screwed...sell double the hashrate miner for half the cost in july again Tongue
I hope the price goes down in July, but not from the current web page it's the same price as the May batch...
As for the hashrate, I (for one) almost never mine LTC directly. Just no profit in doing that. Always been using either nicehash (which could be using my hashrate for LTC) or crap-coins and cash-out for BTC.
So, I don't think it's fair to assume 100% of the new hashrate will be going to the LTC network.
vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:25:11 AM

L3 are far too efficent vs. A4. They are on same process 14/16nm so power draw should be close and not 2.5x difference.

Serial versus Parallel DC circuit design. or
Efficiency (bitmain) versus reliability (inno)
vinylwasp

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:51:49 AM

Based on my estimated size per chip, they are probably producing 100k chips per wafer batch. So about 300-500 units per batch.
Based on their history with BTC miners, I think you're right and would agree that 350-500 miners per batch seems about right, but actually believe they may be selling 1/2 of each batch to pay for the entire batch so they receive theirs for free.

In terms of ROI, it's anyone's guess. There are some great scrypt projects such as Syscoin and Gamecredits which are about to release their core project features whose price could go to the moon in the next few months and at the same time BitconnectCoin could crash any day, and LTC may revert to 1:200 price relationship once the BTC scaling debate is resolved.

Two things to think about:
1.) The L3's will likely have a hardware failure rate similar to other Bitmain products. In this respect my fear is that the L3+ will be worse than the L3 because each board's single serial DC circuit must carry twice the current to feed 2x the chips. This could work out really badly and is the main reason I'm waiting for a while before jumping in. It could also explain why Bitmain is selling these so cheap as the failure rate might be crazy bad.

2.) In terms of profits and ROI, the greater the payout per MH/s as it is right now, the less efficiency matters as daily electricity cost becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of the daily profits. Inversely, when profits are really high as they are now, reliability becomes more important as the cost of a down miners costs more and more. Imagine if you miss a month of 0.00009 BTC/MHs just before it drops back to 0.00004?

I'm sitting on the fence until batch 1 of L3+ miners have at least 90 days on the clock.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:03:57 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 09:14:14 AM by Searing

Damn...I hope you are correct up to July.......and even if they double hash and diff goes up another 33% I'm golden with my hoard till ..hell maybe into 2018
IF Charlie Lee also does his part and gets LTC with seg witness hype and lighting hype off the ground...go baby go ...we need $25 buck coin so my miners
avoid destitutitution and and have to stroll the neighborhood...looking for 'doorstop' action....hubba hubba ..a sad fate indeed...

So is my 'stack' big enough to weather this difficulty hump up ..whatever size it may be? hmmmmmmm...........

then again.....crypto is an 'evil mistress' this all could be a trap Smiley Perhaps it is ALWAYS a trap!

the trap is probably the math...i always get the damn math wrong...grrrrrrr............

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:02:52 PM

I will have to disagree regarding Seg Witness and Lightning.  Only ones going to get richer with this scheme are those that are already rich.  They will move most of the transactions off network and you will end up with more concentration of power than the biggest miners ever dreamed.  Who does Charlie Lee work for again??? Hmmmm

I do hope there is a "staying" price increase for LTC so that normal people can get some benefit from this scam, but the future will be bleak for mining... Maybe the future won't have mining?  Might as well be playing with FIAT trading if we end up going that route. 

The centralization of power and control in crypto is evil.  Any changes have to address these fundamental flaws while we are worrying about transaction times and scaling.  Anything that fails to do both is no improvement.  Sometimes the word "progressive" or "progress" does not mean what we would hope it does. 

Anyway back on topic here.  I am looking forward to the reports from the L3+ owners.  Please post your observations and experiences.  The L3+ is going to be a big deal if this Seg Witness thing happens and 30% of the hash rate gets sucked off into sidechains or whatever scheme they have cooked up so it will mean a significant haircut to miners right out of the gate.  We will need a lot more hashing rate to get the same rate of return unless of course the price of LTC goes to the moon.  I guess we could pray for a moon shot! LOL  Thankfully LTC is not the only game in town. Grin

I am off grid for a week or so... You guys hold down the fort while I am gone.   I look forward to the L3+ reports when i get back!  Grin
ATCkit

Activity: 786

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:44:22 PM

Based on my estimated size per chip, they are probably producing 100k chips per wafer batch. So about 300-500 units per batch.
Based on their history with BTC miners, I think you're right and would agree that 350-500 miners per batch seems about right, but actually believe they may be selling 1/2 of each batch to pay for the entire batch so they receive theirs for free.

In terms of ROI, it's anyone's guess. There are some great scrypt projects such as Syscoin and Gamecredits which are about to release their core project features whose price could go to the moon in the next few months and at the same time BitconnectCoin could crash any day, and LTC may revert to 1:200 price relationship once the BTC scaling debate is resolved.

Two things to think about:
1.) The L3's will likely have a hardware failure rate similar to other Bitmain products. In this respect my fear is that the L3+ will be worse than the L3 because each board's single serial DC circuit must carry twice the current to feed 2x the chips. This could work out really badly and is the main reason I'm waiting for a while before jumping in. It could also explain why Bitmain is selling these so cheap as the failure rate might be crazy bad.

2.) In terms of profits and ROI, the greater the payout per MH/s as it is right now, the less efficiency matters as daily electricity cost becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of the daily profits. Inversely, when profits are really high as they are now, reliability becomes more important as the cost of a down miners costs more and more. Imagine if you miss a month of 0.00009 BTC/MHs just before it drops back to 0.00004?

I'm sitting on the fence until batch 1 of L3+ miners have at least 90 days on the clock.

Agree- great explanation.
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:16:15 PM

Looks like Bitmain haven't even sold out T9/S9. World coming to end Smiley
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:40:23 AM

Looks like Bitmain haven't even sold out T9/S9. World coming to end Smiley

everyone burned up their funds on scrypt miners, baikals, and GPU rigs

t.me/bitcoinasic
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:15:36 AM

Hello guys,

Much appreciated

I do have problems like that. I've made a payment by money transfer but now it says Unpaid, Expired.
Am I alone in this or it's general problem?

I wired money aswell, same like you, said unpaid and expired. I think wait until monday...
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:28:33 AM

Hey Guys,

I am sorry if I ask a question asked a million times already, but I have read the thread now for over 2 hours.

I was thinking about starting mining. I have mined years ago when it was just a laptop but obviously this is over  Cheesy
I have no computer background, I don't know how to repair anything or set up without a video lol I just like the idea and hope its kinda plug and play.

My plan was to buy 1-3 Antminer L3+.  Now I have tried to find how to set it op on solo mining without a pool, could not find any info and landed here.
After reading this thread, I lost all trust in Bitmain. Sounds like the service is shit and the product breaks down non stop....

So here are my questions and I hope someone will find some time to answer.

1)
How do I set up the Antminer (worker) if I want to solo mine LTC?  (I have only found videos where they input the Pool worker under "General Settings")

2)
How do I set up the Antminer (worker) if I want  to mine NVC or Bela or another Scrypt based coin?  (I have not found any infos regarding that. For most of the other coins, there are not even big pools. So I have to go solo/or want to go solo.   And i read that the Antminer are not good in mining Scrypt except LTC)

3)
I use Mac OS X for a couple of years now (again not the tech guy). Is it required to have a computer run and monitor the mining process 24/7?  Or is it enough if I set the miners up, and check them online once a while, using my Laptop for work normally. Or is it required to have a dedicated computer online with the miners if i solo mine.

4)
Do I have to take care of anything, if i got more than one miner? Like linking them together as "one machine" to ramp up the Hashing Power or is it enough if they all mine separately (Of course i know that if they "count as one" its better)

Again, I would really appreciate getting some answers. I will not make this into real profit hunting (breaking even would be enough already), I have to check if my power outlets are able to handle it, I need to check how it is with taxes in my country and my electricity costs way over 29cents/kwh.... But all online calculators are telling me I could make a profit (even tho i don't trust it, otherwise everyone would mine right)

Probably I will buy the next batch anyway since I need to check a lot of infrastructure and laws lol

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Wisdomofsol

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:43:26 AM

just sent payment for one of those july 15 delivery L3's. bout to order a 100/220v step up transformer for like 60 bucks at bh photo video online store.

really hoping this beast gets here unscathed!!! all the fud kept me from ordering more than one...but at like 1.5 btc for everything i mean how could i

not. any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

no rush since i got like 90 days beofre it gets here IF they decide to ship it to me  Grin
vinylwasp

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:01:56 AM

1)
How do I set up the Antminer (worker) if I want to solo mine LTC?  (I have only found videos where they input the Pool worker under "General Settings")

Albortz, before we jump into answering 2-4 can we clarify why you want to 'solo mine' LTC? Solo mining is very rare today and can lead to long periods with no rewards. If you simply want to mine a single coin like LTC, NVC or Bela, the easiest way is to find a coin specific pool and simply point your miner at the pool following the pools setup instructions.

I suggest you read this: https://www.litecoinpool.org/beginners-guide and then think about these questions

a) Do you want to get the maximum profit per day from your miner? At 27c per Kwh, I suggest you consider this.
b) Do you simply want to accumulate LTC, NVC or Bela?
c) You are mostly interested in securing the LTC, NVC or Bela networks?

If you answered yes to a. and .b then I suggest you mine on Prohashing and get your daily profits paid out in any % of LTC, NVC and Bellacoin you choose. You can choose any number of coins and any % from over 200 coins to be paid out in and you will earn far more than mining any single coin.

If you answered b and c. then you just need to mine one of the coin specific pools and get paid out directly.

In terms of setup and managing an L3+ you'll find an excellent L3 tutorial here on the left: https://www.eastshore.xyz/tour/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: