Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:20:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon  (Read 137401 times)
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:13:13 PM

Keep in mind tx fees and exchange fees when taking that into consideration.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:12:06 PM

Should I be concerned?
Yesterday I received my L3+, it seemed to work stable at ~504MH/s. This morning I realized a reduced hashrate, looking at the "Miner Status" reveals, that one blade is not hashing, all ASICs were marked with X.
Luckily a reboot seemed to solve this issue, lets hope it will not happen again...

Are any of the boards showing hardware errors?  Keep an eye on the HW errors and watch to see if they are escalating.  It is not a good sign when the miner starts to drop boards.  Sad
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:56:42 PM

Difficulty was near horizontal for what? 2 years? I guess we will be making up for it now...

I'll keep mining as long as I can, I have average priced power so I wont be the first to turn off but I wont be far down the line. :/

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
titanminer

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:27:03 PM

Should I be concerned?
Yesterday I received my L3+, it seemed to work stable at ~504MH/s. This morning I realized a reduced hashrate, looking at the "Miner Status" reveals, that one blade is not hashing, all ASICs were marked with X.
Luckily a reboot seemed to solve this issue, lets hope it will not happen again...

Could you show some picture ??

I am interesting to get 1.
Will do so next time, as I said the reboot solved it (until now).
Don't mind me asking, On real world, how many LTC can you mined with a 504mh/s per day?

For everyone that's pondering around LTC/Asic's and wondering what the profitability is.. use one of the calculator which will basically gives you a rough idea on the earnings but be aware of the difficulty rocketing for sure in the months to come. 
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:02:01 PM

Should I be concerned?

Are any of the boards showing hardware errors?  Keep an eye on the HW errors and watch to see if they are escalating.  It is not a good sign when the miner starts to drop boards.  Sad

You are right and I whish I could have tested the miner longer. But when my wife went into the Garage today she came back to me and "kindly" asked me to "reduce that noise".
Being afraid that she would take care of it I decided to send it to my hosting center today, so I have to wait a few days before I can continue testing...
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:44:45 PM

Birthday gift for Waifu => Earplugs Smiley
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:52:56 PM

Should I be concerned?

Are any of the boards showing hardware errors?  Keep an eye on the HW errors and watch to see if they are escalating.  It is not a good sign when the miner starts to drop boards.  Sad

You are right and I whish I could have tested the miner longer. But when my wife went into the Garage today she came back to me and "kindly" asked me to "reduce that noise".
Being afraid that she would take care of it I decided to send it to my hosting center today, so I have to wait a few days before I can continue testing...

Is l3+ really so noisy?
Im going to have it in my basement, waiting for May batch.
FlensGold
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:55:19 PM

Should I be concerned?

Is l3+ really so noisy?
Much louder than the L3, but less than A4 or Antminer S9. But unfortunately too loud for my wife having it in the garage.
Well, I have to admit that our neighours have their garden right next to it and we don't want trouble with them Smiley
This wasn't a problem for me, I already planned to send it to Hosting because my energy price is far too high (approx 0.3/USD per kWh).
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:19:24 PM

Should I be concerned?

Are any of the boards showing hardware errors?  Keep an eye on the HW errors and watch to see if they are escalating.  It is not a good sign when the miner starts to drop boards.  Sad

Is l3+ really so noisy?
Much louder than the L3, but less than A4 or Antminer S9. But unfortunately too loud for my wife having it in the garage.
Well, I have to admit that our neighours have their garden right next to it and we don't want trouble with them Smiley
This wasn't a problem for me, I already planned to send it to Hosting because my energy price is far too high (approx 0.3/USD per kWh).

Your wife lives in the garage??!!!  Wink

Wisdomofsol

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:48:07 PM

Should I be concerned?

Is l3+ really so noisy?

might i ask which hosting center?
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:53:44 PM

Wow, that must be a pretty loud miner if it can't reside in the garage.  I moved my miners to the garage because they were too loud to be inside...but getting booted out of the garage Cheesy
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 08:47:04 PM

Wow, that must be a pretty loud miner if it can't reside in the garage.  I moved my miners to the garage because they were too loud to be inside...but getting booted out of the garage Cheesy

How do you deal with the heat, dust, and humidity effectively ?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
coralreefer

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:38:37 PM

Wow, that must be a pretty loud miner if it can't reside in the garage.  I moved my miners to the garage because they were too loud to be inside...but getting booted out of the garage Cheesy

For me personally...I live in a high humidity area and corrosion on the electronics so far has not been an issue (maybe due to the higher temperature around the miner lowering the humidity in it's immediate area), heat has not been an issue as you are just looking for a delta...as long as the garage is significantly cooler than the miner (which it should be) it will cool (of course not as well as in a cool house).  But dust...I get lots of dust...haven't had an issue yet, but this could be an issue over time...I need to keep an eye on it.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 10:46:58 PM

For me personally...I live in a high humidity area and corrosion on the electronics so far has not been an issue (maybe due to the higher temperature around the miner lowering the humidity in it's immediate area), heat has not been an issue as you are just looking for a delta...as long as the garage is significantly cooler than the miner (which it should be) it will cool (of course not as well as in a cool house).  But dust...I get lots of dust...haven't had an issue yet, but this could be an issue over time...I need to keep an eye on it.

How many miners / what types do you have in there?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
coralreefer

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:12:34 PM

How many miners / what types do you have in there?

I just have a several different fpga's running right now.  I had a couple of different asics (i.e. S7, etc) running there but I sold those and I've been looking for something else.  I was looking at the x11 baikal miners but right now ordering them is a pain, so I am just looking to see what else is out there.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 02:08:54 AM

https://foxminers.com/
Who's in CA? Who can check for bad people or not? Swindle to fraud
Product Features:
<utter trash and snipped for space>

LOL  face palm  Warranty: 2 Years

48 chips, 0.02 W/GH/s, & 75th, could you IMAGINE? Cheesy  haha, ovbious scam is ovbious ;p

the 2 year warranty alone says it is a scam..you don't have a warranty on a product that with even reasonable difficulty will not
pay to mine crypto the 2nd year Smiley that is just stupid ..

also such a product would be in full REVIEW mode by every major crypto magazine and site with the specs and price

naw scam city..stay away....always be cautious if you are the first to hear about something..likely not first ..just first to think so because it is a scam

Also 28nm chip having much betetr efficency per watt than ShitMain
***  Foxminers LLC If someone buys this miner without a well-known and trusted Forum User 1st getting one for doing a review and posting it here then well, you have been warned ***

Is well documented as a scam in the BTC hardware section and very-on going to say the least.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1879542.0

You want real damning? They plagiarized the data sheet for SFARADS old dual miner chip released in Feb-March of 2014. Side-by-side comp of the SFARAD data sheet and the fake one from Foxminers
https://draftable.com/compare/hYFmXGvTJdxh

'nuff said

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
naron

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:20:56 PM

Has anyone tried a new firmware for L3?

https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=00720170427061423393MzhoyF8d06F6
FlensGold
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:24:11 PM

Looks like the antbleed patch:
* Remove the function: post mac address and remote stop mining interface
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 02:24:32 PM

Only appears to correct Antbleed, so I have not tried to update my L3's.  I made the hostname change to address the issue and declared it fixed.   Grin
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 03:14:19 PM

Only appears to correct Antbleed, so I have not tried to update my L3's.  I made the hostname change to address the issue and declared it fixed.   Grin

Most likely just faking it, that they fixed antbleed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: