Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What type of wallet do you use most?
Lightweight Wallet (Desktop) - 60 (19.6%)
Lightweight Wallet (Mobile) - 42 (13.7%)
Full Node - 17 (5.6%)
Hardware Wallet - 22 (7.2%)
Paper Wallet (self generated) - 16 (5.2%)
Brain Wallet - 1 (0.3%)
Web Wallet - 133 (43.5%)
Exchange/Faucet Credit - 9 (2.9%)
Physical Bitcoin - 0 (0%)
Other/No Bitcoin - 6 (2%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of wallet do you use?  (Read 38502 times)
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 04:37:17 AM

An online wallet to do my transactions and an offline to where I store most of it. Better be safe than risking it all in an online one. You cant see what could happen if suddenly one wallet site tells they are hacked, which I see is always a lie just to run off from their cusromers. They just go away once they got the quota they wanted.

Exactly. That really is the best solution. Online wallet (exchange, web, desktop, mobile, etc) for as your "spending account" that you don't keep much in, then a very secure offline wallet as your "savings account". I don't see how anything else could be better than that.

I only use lightwallet like electrum for my savings, sometimes I try to get the priv key and create a paperwallet then delete the original wallet.  Then I send my fund to that . I don't know how safe is that method but it works fine to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:41:22 AM

I use the wallet of the exchanger because I think it's easier and simple, for safety I use two-factor authentication. I've never encountered a problem until now using a wallet exchanger

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:41:44 AM

An online wallet to do my transactions and an offline to where I store most of it. Better be safe than risking it all in an online one. You cant see what could happen if suddenly one wallet site tells they are hacked, which I see is always a lie just to run off from their cusromers. They just go away once they got the quota they wanted.

Exactly. That really is the best solution. Online wallet (exchange, web, desktop, mobile, etc) for as your "spending account" that you don't keep much in, then a very secure offline wallet as your "savings account". I don't see how anything else could be better than that.

I only use lightwallet like electrum for my savings, sometimes I try to get the priv key and create a paperwallet then delete the original wallet.  Then I send my fund to that . I don't know how safe is that method but it works fine to me.

Paper wallets are far safer than online desktop wallets, so it's good that you use those for savings. If you really want to go all out with security for your paper wallets do some research on "encrypted multisig paper wallets". Set that up right, and your bitcoins are more secure than any other method out there for securing bitcoins.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:11:56 AM

Paper wallets are far safer than online desktop wallets, so it's good that you use those for savings. If you really want to go all out with security for your paper wallets do some research on "encrypted multisig paper wallets". Set that up right, and your bitcoins are more secure than any other method out there for securing bitcoins.
Its either Paper or Hardware wallets would really be safer compared to those web wallets but  desktop wallet is somehow safer compared to web wallets.We just need to secure our PC so that we wont be easily got hacked or stolen our bitcoins. Maximum security would be really needed.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
President79

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:51:34 AM

I want a simple, as long as I know bitcoin about 2 years I only use 1 web wallet from coinbase. the other reason was since I have a wallet, I've yet to save a bitcoin over 0.5 btc.
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:09:45 AM

I want a simple, as long as I know bitcoin about 2 years I only use 1 web wallet from coinbase. the other reason was since I have a wallet, I've yet to save a bitcoin over 0.5 btc.
Yeah I have used Coinbase for a long time and right now, I am using two kind of wallet: Bitcoin core and Coinbase. I find coinbase is very useful to send and receive funds from my friends because most of them are using coinbase and we can make a transaction only with our mail. I use Bitcoin core to store my Bitcoin safer and prevent cyber attacker from stealing my property

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:23:59 AM

I too prefer web wallet for the improved safety features along with the easy accessibility. Coinbase have restrictions in the usage of bitcoin. For this purpose I prefer using Blockchain wallet than most other wallets that are in use.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:27:49 AM

Coinbase is fine wallet, there is no big minimum charge to transfer the bitcoins using coinbase. I always desktop wallet and I use the electrum wallet and it is more convenient to have a multiple address and can combine multiple wallets together.  When you are moving with high btc transaction then prefer the desktop wallets bro.
johnnyyash

Activity: 334

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:40:10 AM

I use only web wallet...but will like to try out the paper wallet
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:41:44 AM

Well the only form of wallet I know of is a web wallet. I find it simple and easy  to use. I don't have bitcoins right now, but If I got the chance to get bitcoins, I will surely took in consideration different kinds of wallet to store it.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:43:20 AM

One of the best web wallets blockchain.info and electrum is one of the best personal wallets, now you could talk about coinbase all day but facts are facts.

🖤😏
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:43:39 AM

I don't know of the wallet I'm using is categorized under web wallet but I voted for it because I can only view my wallet if I'm online. I'm using a local wallet applicable only here in the Philippines. I love this wallet because it is very convenient to use and there are lots of options to choose where to cash out my bitcoin.  
frendsento

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:01:09 PM

Well for Me I use two kind of wallet one is paper wallet I use it for my personal investment, Inorder for me to hold myself from transferring it to an exchange website and cashing it out to early , the second one is the exchange wallet I use it to receive fund from signature campaign and when I am exchanging my bitcoins to fiat
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:08:06 PM

Paper wallet is just a waste of time. It has also risk just like the web wallets. If you have a huge quantity of bitcoin the its a good alternative to try paper wallet but if you have only a small amount it is really a waste of time. There are many ways how to make your bitcoin safe in web wallets. The advantage of having your coin in web wallets is that you can access it everywhere you go and you can do many things with it.
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:10:31 PM

I use online wallet. I know it's not safe and many wallets and exchangers were hacked and that all affected on the price for bitcoin. To minimize the risk I cash out almost everything that I earn monthly and some % goes om my USB wallet for future, I really believe that the price for bitcoin will rise to the sky.
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:23:36 PM

I do the same thing. I have a couple of offline wallets that I use for the BTC I want to keep in for a long term just to store them and wait for the price to go higher. I use localbitcoins and multibit for my daily transactions. Which have been working really well so far and I'm happy with it. The only thing I'd like to change right now is the no. of BTC I have in my offline wallets.  Wink

mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 01:23:18 PM

I use online wallet. I know it's not safe and many wallets and exchangers were hacked and that all affected on the price for bitcoin. To minimize the risk I cash out almost everything that I earn monthly and some % goes om my USB wallet for future, I really believe that the price for bitcoin will rise to the sky.
Exactly same here.I'm using various types of online wallet so i like to call blockchain,coinbase,xapo,mycelium.Well much known there safety and always there have a chanced get hacked and obviously If you plan not touch the Bitcoins for long time, don't use such of this wallet.However,minimize get lost of bitcoins or other unfortunate things always busy with transactions and connected trading site.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:48:16 PM

Paper wallet is just a waste of time. It has also risk just like the web wallets. If you have a huge quantity of bitcoin the its a good alternative to try paper wallet but if you have only a small amount it is really a waste of time. There are many ways how to make your bitcoin safe in web wallets. The advantage of having your coin in web wallets is that you can access it everywhere you go and you can do many things with it.

yes paper wallet is really a boring and time consuming task. And initially when I was new to bitcoin and had very less transaction in a week and at that time I was curious to use new technology and I loved to use paper wallet at that time but now  I have to transact more and paper wallet are time waster.
Dank Frank

Activity: 406

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die...

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:00:06 PM

I use electrum and a couple of web wallets and have some shared addresses where possible. I don't like using the original qt wallet since it eats my cpu and really slows down my internet. I only use full node wallets when they are pos and I can earn something from it by running it.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:04:42 PM

They all come with their own advantages but remember technically speaking there is only one wallet which is the private key.
So whatever you do and whatever you use, they'll all use private keys to transfer coins.
Do you save the private key of each address before depositing? if not then you deserve to lose your money.

No matter what type I always save my private keys but web wallet such as bc.info is my favorite.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: