Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:44:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What type of wallet do you use most?
Lightweight Wallet (Desktop) - 60 (19.6%)
Lightweight Wallet (Mobile) - 42 (13.7%)
Full Node - 17 (5.6%)
Hardware Wallet - 22 (7.2%)
Paper Wallet (self generated) - 16 (5.2%)
Brain Wallet - 1 (0.3%)
Web Wallet - 133 (43.5%)
Exchange/Faucet Credit - 9 (2.9%)
Physical Bitcoin - 0 (0%)
Other/No Bitcoin - 6 (2%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of wallet do you use?  (Read 38502 times)
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:14:42 AM

I have a lot of wallets but I mainly use web wallet particularly blockchain.info that I use for everyday transactions and for storing a percent of bitcoin that I got which I use for day trading sometimes and also for paying for services and buying in game items. I also use coins.ph which is a local web wallet here in the Philippines, which I use to easily convert bitcoin to fiat and by doing so, I can easily convert bitcoin to real money without using exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imeetup

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:13:14 AM

Paper wallet - it's all right there Smiley

Just make sure you check your sources and print from a clean box...and keep that piece of paper safe.  Web, exchange; anything out of your hands is extremely likely to be compromised over a physical medium (assuming you're practicing safe storage methods).

Paper wallet is the way to go. I like to obfuscate the printed characters so that if the paper somehow gets into the wrong hands they'd have no clue what to do with it.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:55:15 AM

I used web wallet were I feel secured and safe my bitcoin in the wallet. And Im using this for a long time now. Though, Im still looking other wallet to use.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:45:14 AM

I am using a combination of Online wallet, in my case Coinbase, and an offline desktop wallet – Electrum. Coinbase eases my lower transactions and send them faster without me worrying about the size, and Electrum for saving up Bitcoins.
Having lots of wallets will only make you confused lol. I only have one wallet in blockchain. However my wallet is very safe because using authentication and security blockchain system is quite safe
heppot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:54:20 AM

I am using a combination of Online wallet, in my case Coinbase, and an offline desktop wallet – Electrum. Coinbase eases my lower transactions and send them faster without me worrying about the size, and Electrum for saving up Bitcoins.
Having lots of wallets will only make you confused lol. I only have one wallet in blockchain. However my wallet is very safe because using authentication and security blockchain system is quite safe

yeah its true but there are alot of bitcoiners may be just want to took advantage a lowerest fee..there are different fee transaction site by site.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:52:26 AM

Looks like you don't know a thing about safeness  Cheesy It is known fact that online wallets are not safe, because of hackers or just because of while you are holding your finances on the net it's kind of not your money - this is web wallet's money and in every second they can decide to get closed and you will loose everything!
I haven't pretentions to Blockchain, I also use this online wallet, but as the previous guy I have hard wallet that makes me to feel safe.
Trophonius

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:58:13 AM

I prefer web-based wallets. Because if I have to download a different wallet for every cryptocurrency I would have to many wallets on my PC.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:41:46 AM

I am using Electrum wallet for the past one year.
     It has user friendly options.
     Its safe to store our bitcoins.
     We can set the transaction fee manually.
     A seed is generated for our password which could be used to recover our account if our system gets damaged.
I used to have a Multibit wallet, but I will say that after switching to electrum that to me electrum seems easier to use, even though the interface of multibit is a little bit better, but functionality wise electrum is way better in my opinion.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:44:51 AM

I use wallet on my phone and pc. I use Arcbit for my jobs. In general I am very satisfied, no matter what happens to me
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 01:46:09 AM

A seed is generated for our password which could be used to recover our account if our system gets damaged.
I used to have a Multibit wallet, but I will say that after switching to electrum that to me electrum seems easier to use, even though the interface of multibit is a little bit better, but functionality wise electrum is way better in my opinion.
Web wallets were preferred than any other wallets available. Blockchain wallet is preferred among the web wallets that are used for saving bitcoins. It gives the ease of access than many other wallets with much improved security features as well the fastest confirmation than other wallets.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:34:38 AM

Until now I still use the web wallet
Maybe because it makes it easier for transactions and exchange btc into the currency in my country
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:04:37 AM

I use differrnt wallet they have web wallet and mobile wallet. I use blockchain as of now im satisfied with their wallet because I did not experienced any interruption using it and the miner fee is less for me. I used also coinbase even the transaction fee is high I used it because it is safe wallet . And the last is coins.ph Is my favorite because thats is my country waller and easy to use and very safe many user use this and they have many features compared to the other wallet you can pay bills ,buy loads ,and also buy gift cards.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:50:03 AM

Until now I still use the web wallet
Maybe because it makes it easier for transactions and exchange btc into the currency in my country
Web wallet are good as long as you don't put a lot of bitcoins there and you just put the minimum amount that you need for daily usage. If you are putting all your money there then it is very bad practice because it maybe the reason on losing your money because we all know that there is no safe in the internet and hackers are everywhere so it is better if you find other wallet like hardware or offline wallet.
Matcuda

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:22:31 AM

Looks like you don't know a thing about safeness  Cheesy It is known fact that online wallets are not safe, because of hackers or just because of while you are holding your finances on the net it's kind of not your money - this is web wallet's money and in every second they can decide to get closed and you will loose everything!
I haven't pretentions to Blockchain, I also use this online wallet, but as the previous guy I have hard wallet that makes me to feel safe.
All the same the user will search for a purse to save his coins and will certainly search it on the network, so everyone because of this will take risks, although I understand that fraud can be everywhere and everywhere. But there is no choice.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:40:00 AM

I used web wallet were I feel secured and safe my bitcoin in the wallet. And Im using this for a long time now. Though, Im still looking other wallet to use.
I also have been using online wallet long enough. Probably about 3 years. And as long as I use online wallet. There was never a problem. Even I have never been stolen. And I did not expect that
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:34:27 AM

Web wallets were preferred than any other wallets available. Blockchain wallet is preferred among the web wallets that are used for saving bitcoins. It gives the ease of access than many other wallets with much improved security features as well the fastest confirmation than other wallets.
While the web wallet from blockchain.info is the favorite when it comes to web wallets, I don’t think it is as good as you make out to be, many people complain about the how the fees are calculated in the  blockchain wallet in fact that happened to me when it was trying to charge me a 20 dollar fee in a transaction, something that was absolutely ridiculous.
mc1227

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:38:09 AM

I use web wallet it is safer than the other wallet but its up to you
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:59:12 AM

i use web wallet , in my opinion web wallet is very simple because i can use in anywhere.. but bad thing on web wallet that web wallet is prone of hacker  Undecided
but no problem you can use 2fa for more safety  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:33:28 AM

I use web wallet it is safer than the other wallet but its up to you
The Safest wallet is hardware wallet with full sync client. but web wallet is more easier to use.

moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:54:42 AM

i use web wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: