Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:16:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What type of wallet do you use most?
Lightweight Wallet (Desktop) - 60 (19.6%)
Lightweight Wallet (Mobile) - 42 (13.7%)
Full Node - 17 (5.6%)
Hardware Wallet - 22 (7.2%)
Paper Wallet (self generated) - 16 (5.2%)
Brain Wallet - 1 (0.3%)
Web Wallet - 133 (43.5%)
Exchange/Faucet Credit - 9 (2.9%)
Physical Bitcoin - 0 (0%)
Other/No Bitcoin - 6 (2%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of wallet do you use?  (Read 38502 times)
Myfe

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:30:42 AM

...but to think the web wallet is holding such a significant advantage means that many are willing to change their security of their coins completely just to get a little bit more of comfort when dealing with their bitcoin.

South Park, great comment here. I've snipped some of it to get to the point. While I agree with your point above, I also believe that it's possible that web wallets realize that they need your business and the right thing to do is compensate you for the risk you take (not owning the private keys and all).

Nearly all of us want to succeed with bitcoin and we need to trust each other to do so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:18:36 AM

i used web wallet and paper wallet. and I've been using it for almost 3 years.. so far so good i didn't experiencing a hard problem and its was good wallet because it has lot of way how you will spend your bitcoin  there because it has an option for game credits,gift card,travel tickets Smiley not just like other web wallet which only you can store a bitcoin.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:09:06 AM

I use wallet exchanger, because it can be easy for altcoin trading, the transfer is also fast and for this I use safe. There is nothing to worry about I think to use a wallet exchanger
As a day trader, it is appropriate to store bitcoin on an exchange  to avoid any delays in btc transfers because of the congested network

I use multibit and electrum wallet for saving my bitcoins as I think both of them are very safe place to save your bitcoins and not easy for any hacker to hack your bitcoins as I have never lost any small amount from it.
I know we all have been told desktop wallets are above average in terms of security but what are the chances of losing your BTC if someone has access to your computer physically??
IMO a good wallet should be convenient, provide easy access to it and fast sync if possible and backup plan of your private key, I think Jaxx fits in well but am still using my blockchain web wallet.
SuperSnic

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:38:27 PM

I use wallet exchanger, because it can be easy for altcoin trading, the transfer is also fast and for this I use safe. There is nothing to worry about I think to use a wallet exchanger
As a day trader, it is appropriate to store bitcoin on an exchange  to avoid any delays in btc transfers because of the congested network

I use multibit and electrum wallet for saving my bitcoins as I think both of them are very safe place to save your bitcoins and not easy for any hacker to hack your bitcoins as I have never lost any small amount from it.
I know we all have been told desktop wallets are above average in terms of security but what are the chances of losing your BTC if someone has access to your computer physically??
IMO a good wallet should be convenient, provide easy access to it and fast sync if possible and backup plan of your private key, I think Jaxx fits in well but am still using my blockchain web wallet.
I agree with convenience/sync factors being important. I also think we will see new innovations in wallet technology and interface very soon.
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:46:43 PM

I am a huge fan of mycelium. It has long been my mobile wallet of choice. I've been using it for ages now on my android phone and I really like it. It really is a great wallet, one of the better made ones.
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

Electrum. I have no use for mobile wallets and I consider web wallets to be less secure than lightweight desktop clients. Used the full node since 2011 and until 2016, but 100 GB of storage space for the full blockchain finally became unbearable.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:02:42 PM

I am currently using a mobile wallet. And that is coins.ph wallet. Because it is easier to withdraw money with it because it is flexible. And i need flexible wallets specially here in my place where bitcoins aren't that famous yet. So it's just right to have a wallet that can give you lots of choices to withdraw your money.
But i am laughing right now because i am thinking about these things already when i dont even have a signle brc in my wallet. But still i am excited for my first salary in this sig campaign that i am currently in. So i think it's ok to think of this things already hahahahahaha
death69

Activity: 1202
Merit: 545

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:48:42 PM

Electrum. I have no use for mobile wallets and I consider web wallets to be less secure than lightweight desktop clients. Used the full node since 2011 and until 2016, but 100 GB of storage space for the full blockchain finally became unbearable.
electrum can be considered as one of the best performance wallets. Unless you are learning about the blockchain and bitcoin system and also the nodes, electrum is your best choice. Never use online wallet because they are totally suck
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:39:38 AM

electrum can be considered as one of the best performance wallets. Unless you are learning about the blockchain and bitcoin system and also the nodes, electrum is your best choice. Never use online wallet because they are totally suck

Yes, that corresponds to my own thoughts after I did some research a year ago when migrating from the full node.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:02:17 AM

That's a good pick. I have been using multibit and blockchain wallet. Often I do transactions so most of the bitcoin will be there in the blockchain web wallet and the holding for emergency need was placed into the multibit wallet.
I no longer store my bitcoin in blockchain for some reason, such as expensive fee transactions, resulting in length of confirmation, no more sending facilities to multiple addresses, etc. At this time I prefer to use desktop wallets though inflexible, but at least better than wallet blockchain
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:51:48 AM

Hmm…Electrum? I once heard that they were stealing bitcoins that belongs to users, before someone clarified that the thieved were Electrum.org, a fake website that came up to deceive people. By the way, I make use of mobile wallets anddesktop wallets. I think I’m okay with them. Though I’m thinking of adopting hardware as another option.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:55:39 AM

I'm new to the digital currency usage and here I learn little by little. While I entered the forum to earn a little, I was suggested to use Blockchain.info online wallet as the amount within the wallet is low as well for faster accessing. Till date haven't experienced any issues and continuing to use the same.
crismass1225

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:01:11 PM

i use MEW, Blockchain and Core... i think Faucet wallet is not good [its my own opinion] cause it takes around 7 days to receive it to your other wallet it stuck on the blockchain in that span of days some are more than 7 days depends on how much you will transfer or withdraw....
Script

Activity: 263

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 01:38:07 PM

For bitcoin I use Electrum and blockchain.info, I ran a full node until very recently with Bitcoin Core.

Full node for litecoin and full node for some other shitcoins, also Jaxx.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Borgminer

Activity: 758
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:42:11 PM

I am using Blockchain and Electrum wallet, both are safe and secured. But Blockchain wallet actually don't give you the private keys, so it is safest to use Electrum offline wallet.
quocsi

Activity: 360

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

Paper wallet and electronic wallet are the easiest two wallet for all of us. Especially I am using an electronic wallet because I find it safe and handy

zokora

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:32:02 PM

Lightweight Wallet (Desktop)   - that is what I use!
Lightweight Wallet (Mobile)   - no, I can lose it anywhere
Full Node   -  it is just too heavy
Hardware Wallet   - too expensive Smiley
Paper Wallet (self generated)   - I don't use but why not
Brain Wallet   - I do not trust myself
Web Wallet   - I used to, but not now
Exchange/Faucet Credit   - I use for only amounts I trade
Physical Bitcoin   - just no
Cult

Activity: 479

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 05:06:07 PM

I use Electrum on the desktop for quickly move around exchanges, and I have a hardware wallet to where I keep most of my coins.

I also use some other wallets for altcoins.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
MostHigh

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:12:02 PM

Both my blockchain and wave wallet are all mobile but ether is best on the web since they do not have a legit app but source from third party. This i find really disturbing and exposing to theft.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:18:38 PM

Well type of wallet doesn't matter actually , like if you talk about security , no wallet safe. So the only better option is to use offline wallets to prevent certain bugs which are in abundance in online wallets like blockchain.info . So it's better to use mycelium or electurm, infact both mycelium and electurm if you have a lot of Bitcoins to keep atleast one half safe.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: