Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What type of wallet do you use most?
Lightweight Wallet (Desktop) - 60 (19.6%)
Lightweight Wallet (Mobile) - 42 (13.7%)
Full Node - 17 (5.6%)
Hardware Wallet - 22 (7.2%)
Paper Wallet (self generated) - 16 (5.2%)
Brain Wallet - 1 (0.3%)
Web Wallet - 133 (43.5%)
Exchange/Faucet Credit - 9 (2.9%)
Physical Bitcoin - 0 (0%)
Other/No Bitcoin - 6 (2%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of wallet do you use?  (Read 38504 times)
requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 02:49:16 PM

I prefer only web and mobile wallet because I don't carry my hardware or paper everywhere I go so having the wallet on the cloud is the safest and by for me. I Think most of the user loves either mobile or web wallets because there is nothing to do to view the wallet just a few taps that's it and no problem at  all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:07:19 PM

I prefer only web and mobile wallet because I don't carry my hardware or paper everywhere I go so having the wallet on the cloud is the safest and by for me. I Think most of the user loves either mobile or web wallets because there is nothing to do to view the wallet just a few taps that's it and no problem at  all

41.6% of the respondents the highest so far, prefers also the webwallet like you. I used web wallet because of its convenient and I don't have to download the whole system.It is convenient for me as I can directly convert to my local currency in instant transfer also to my bank account.

Open for Campaigns
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:29:50 PM

41.6% of the respondents the highest so far, prefers also the webwallet like you. I used web wallet because of its convenient and I don't have to download the whole system.It is convenient for me as I can directly convert to my local currency in instant transfer also to my bank account.
well its also easy coming from our country to pay bills mate, that's why i also prefer using web wallet its so convenient there's an easy way to cash out / converting btc to fiat, i love how our local exchange manage to be multi tasking easy and friendly for all their users.

20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:41:11 PM

It's shocking to see how few users use hardware wallets.

It's way easier to use web wallets, it's comfortable. You only have a website and that's it, no need to download or buy anything. However, for big sums it's not worth it to use web wallets only for comfort. It's much better to use paper wallets and hard wallets for the big amounts, like savings for example. This if you don't want to lose your money.
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:51:40 PM

Online/web wallet are risky, Anytime web wallet can be attack with hacker.Or site may turn into scam.But web/hardware wallet are safe from hackers and no one hacker can hack your wallet if your computer is free from malicious. sowftware/apps.People use desktop/hardware wallet for storing huge amount ob Bitcoin.Otherwise all of people using Online wallet.ONLINE wallet are easy to use and very comfortable for huge transaction. I am also using online wallet for my daily use.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:52:01 PM

For every day/week/month use I prefer to use web wallets because when ever i ho I can make payments or receive through my phone or tablet.

That was as a hot wallet but for larger amounts i prefer to use hardware wallets instead of heavy desktops applications.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:08:48 PM

It seems most users are newbies and too lazy to set up a desktop wallet or have very few bitcoin to have a hardware wallet.
My other theory is that they are just earners and they can afford to use web wallet since they will dispose their bitcoin once they received it anyway.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 04:30:24 PM

It seems most users are newbies and too lazy to set up a desktop wallet or have very few bitcoin to have a hardware wallet.
My other theory is that they are just earners and they can afford to use web wallet since they will dispose their bitcoin once they received it anyway.
Thats right , there isa free web wallet so other think why would they buy  hardware wallet , I think of it too that I will not buy bitcoin hardware wallet ,i will not spare a money for a bitcoin wallet cause their are a free bitcoin wallet that is very accesible by everyone.
Devboy

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:41:10 PM

From beginning use mobile wallet,from my experience i will recommend mycelium wallet for your mobile device.When i bought a personsl computer then i would like to use web wallet.I learn this wallet and prtty satisfied with this feature.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 04:47:13 PM

Thats right , there isa free web wallet so other think why would they buy  hardware wallet , I think of it too that I will not buy bitcoin hardware wallet ,i will not spare a money for a bitcoin wallet cause their are a free bitcoin wallet that is very accesible by everyone.
Web wallet for me are worst delayed support or something any issue or bug in their site.. much better to use only light weight desktop wallet never experience any problem and i think you have your own command in debugging mode..
Which is you can fix your self if you have issue in your electrum wallet..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
staff_1307

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:49:26 PM

I use a web wallet, and for me, it's a comfortable way to use money.
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:01:58 PM

Not only you,most of the people here use web wallet for theire Bitcoin.The poll also saying that.Also including me.Many time i have read various issue about online wallet.So why, I felt worried sometimes,but i never faced any issued with my wallet.Before joining or sign up any site,we need to read theire TOS and Faq. People face roblem with theire wallet because of violateing theire rules and regulations.
alisus

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:55:10 PM

I'm using Mutibit. It is light but because I was a new person, they need to consider for further use And it will learn to people who have experienced So finally I could know them
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:01:24 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 06:48:25 PM by Arcteryx

I'm using Mutibit. It is light but because I was a new person, they need to consider for further use And it will learn to people who have experienced So finally I could know them
It is a multi signature one right?
I have never tried them before. They are for mobile devices only?
If they are then that's the reason why.
I don't have an android phone or IOS one either. Lips sealed

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 08:07:32 PM

As long as we're using money we can afford to lose, using a web wallet is fine as it's much more convenient for small payments.

If I had more Bitcoin, I'd probably use hardware wallets as a "savings account" of sorts and use a web wallet for any everyday transactions I might need to make, as a sort of "current account".

Adelajda

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:34:03 PM

I do not use any single wallet for my bitcoins. I always keep more than two wallets including hardware and online wallet. This is the key to safely store my bitcoins. I also maintain a small balance in my trading accounts which I use for daily trading.
You are telling that you do not use a single wallet for bitcoins and then in the second sentence you are claiming that you are using a hardware wallet and an online wallet. Tongue .
I do use a light weight wallet to store my coins and i do keep some coins in online web wallets.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:45:40 PM

yeah because using an online wallet will provide great flexibility. you can open the wallet wherever you are only if you can connect to the Internet. and you can use the authentication in the online wallet for better security
rozee
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:29:49 AM

yeah because using an online wallet will provide great flexibility. you can open the wallet wherever you are only if you can connect to the Internet. and you can use the authentication in the online wallet for better security
yes i am agree with you with use online wallet we can access it whenever wherever while we are still able to access the internet also android wallet is very usable for me no need PC when i can't bring my pc everywhere android wallet is so accessible and it's so safe (IMO) i use email auth also phone number authentication so far not get any attack from hacker hope it will always be safe Cheesy
ukasyah

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:57:56 AM

I use blockchain.info. It was recommended by a friend actuallt that said that blockchain have good features and the layout is good either when I compare it with the other wallet. besides, we can have multiple addresses even many wallets also have that future.

Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:08:45 AM

I think the most easy to use, flexible, cheap, good security. is using an online wallet. using an online wallet you can get it all dude
That's why I use the online wallet of a few years ago until today
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: