Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the classroom, yes or no and why?  (Read 7696 times)
carefumles

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:49:31 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?

Bitcoin is so bad with kids because it’s money and can be used before being 18.

so if kinds have money will make uncontrolled think which will be so risky.
D-Fault

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:09:27 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?

Only if IT programming, even that in very narrow way. For any of your future suggestions "we can teach English with Bitcoin ..." I can answer you with only but a couple of a words: "what for?"
milandres0207

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:34:50 AM

Bitcoin in the school will need more studies before the implementation of it to the curriculum especially in a k to 12 program like in our country it is a newly implement so the school is under observation and it is hard to say that bitcoin can teach in school.
Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:47:44 PM

I think teaching a bitcoin would be a great idea.
For the people to know the benefits of bitcoin.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:53:46 PM

Kids already know about BTC.  They learn about it through word of mouth from friends that bought drugs in dark markets.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:17:02 PM

I think it will be such an interesting class. Although maybe if we don't understand about crypto and don't take interest in it, that kind of class will be so boring and annoying.
But i hope there will be a class like that though, so i can understand more about bitcoin and i won't be confused again to whom i need to ask all the questions i don't understand about bitcoin, because i will have a teacher right?
Maybe the goverment and school should consider this idea.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
ramini

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

ICO Starting on 1st of April

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:36:02 PM

Yes, Sounds great but only on business & I.T. courses. Grade school children might not handle it at the young age. It could only be part of the discussion of a certain subject but not as a whole. It can also be a good topic to be use on thesis.

ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:42:25 PM

Kids already know about BTC.  They learn about it through word of mouth from friends that bought drugs in dark markets.
Can't say if this is reliable source of information if kids begin with hearing such things about cryptos it will adversely affect their thinking about crypto. They will think that btc is used merely for illegal purposes. Believe it or not 50% people who know about crypto still dont invest in it because they think that it is some sort of illegal crime. 
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:12:46 PM

why not we should start teaching realistic things to children in school rather than some outdated
syllabus. bitcoin might not last really long but giving them a little idea about it can make a really big difference
in their life
BTG-BTC

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:15:56 PM

unfortunately there is not much to know about bitcoin, blockchain yes
Bitcoinsislife

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:02:05 PM

For me yes, because this is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals. So they know about it, so they can concentrate on using bitcoin.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:25:26 PM

It will be a really nice idea if they are going to teach bitcoins on schools because children will have a knowledge to learn how to earn bitcoins and strive to become rich in the future. This is a very nice start for everyone if this kind of education will be implemented.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:49:57 PM

If you are talking about teaching maths then just maths os better. There are some topics which shall be avoided by school curriculums and one of them is bitcoin I guess. Teaching about bitcoin in school won't effect too much but can shift the track of students from studies to earning bitcoins after they would come to know about the potential of Bitcoin. So bitcoin should be avoided by school curriculums according to me.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:09:07 PM

If you are talking about teaching maths then just maths os better. There are some topics which shall be avoided by school curriculums and one of them is bitcoin I guess. Teaching about bitcoin in school won't effect too much but can shift the track of students from studies to earning bitcoins after they would come to know about the potential of Bitcoin. So bitcoin should be avoided by school curriculums according to me.

Perhaps if included in the school's additional curriculum, bitcoin would be useful, since the age of learners is better aimed at the core development of blockchain technology so they do not directly learn about unregulated investments by the government. The younger generation is a very competent person in the development of crypto currency technology but this novelty will be very effective for college or business school curriculum.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:10:47 PM

Introduction of Bitcoin on school will be fun and could be helpful also, specially for children. However, it should consider the grade level of the students.  

Digital currencies and blockchain are playing significant role in the future and children should learn it.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:15:30 PM

Bitcoin is a bit too specific of a topic to earn it's own designated school subject, nor even featured in math. If anything it could be included in the curriculum for economic education/IT in middle and high schools, but at this point it's too early to think about teaching it as a subject as most education officials will dismiss it as something not worthy, granted that will bite them someday, but as I said that day is far way.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:24:21 PM

I wont agree in teaching bitcoin in classes.
I believe the people must be able to choose what they wanted,  they went to schools in order to gain knowledge in general about different aspects in life.
And bitcoin is not a subject everybody would want to have, listeners or students must first must have interest on it in order to make the lessons effective. But if they didnt want to hear about it then the efforts will just go in vain.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:01:32 PM

It is a great idea that every student in school has an opportunity to learn and educate about the importance of bitcoin in our society. Through this they can build a strong foundation for the innovation of the system in future.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:07:00 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin is a specific subject that can be teach is classroom. Rather I would like to say that, we can give example of Bitcoin for a great innovative invention done with two great quantum physics theories blockchain and cryptography.

Bitcoin is not a bite of everyone's mouth. Because there are so many white papers are available to learn blockchain and cryptography.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:17:00 PM

Very interesting idea , integrating bitcoin to the educational system will have a positive impact on student's knowledge , from one side, they acquire new information that can help'em in daily life, and in the other side, they remain in correspondence with newly financial services that are launching
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: