Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:28:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the classroom, yes or no and why?  (Read 7696 times)
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:51:00 PM

I believe that high school students would be useful to know the basics of cryptocurrency and everything that is connected with it...the sooner they learn about it, it will be easier for them to make their future

I doubt that is going to happen, just look at what they teach at schools now, they do not even teach how the economy works, and you see people going in debt to pay their college education not understanding there is not real demand for their degree and that they are going to be 40 and still paying their student loans.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nicko_brad

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:08:13 AM

For me, I think it is not advisable to teach bitcoin in schools especially those kids who are too young because they won't appreciate it. They should focus more on practical things that are they need to know and become more successful when they get old. We can teach bitcoin to those teenagers who have interest to learn about it, so we can easily make them understand.
Genosx

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:10:51 AM

In my own opinion I think it is a great idea that the government should consider; educating the people about in bitcoin since cryptocurrency is slowly builds its name the whole world.
Informing the students about bitcoin will help the society to start a innovation for a great future.
winterland

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:35:25 PM

i think bitcoin in the classroom will be not a good idea especially for kids because they will focus only on the bitcoin because they will think about the money in the childhood while if we start discussing bitcoin in the degree level it will be good. sometime in the computer classes teachers are discussing these crypto currencies and they also guide their students that how can you enter into the online currencies system and how you can earn and how you can manage these currencies.
Kids do not think like that, you are putting the thought of an adult in the body of a children, most kids know what is money since they interact with it but they do not understand where it comes form and what they need to do in order to get more of it.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:43:09 AM

Education is the real foundation of all things especially to achieve a bright future. I think educating the people about bitcoin and cryptocurrency since in elementary and high school is a great thing.
We can start a wonderful future if all people are educated about bitcoin and make something chang for their better future.
amuckrule

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:03:52 AM

If it’s to teach mathematical lessons then there’s nothing wrong with it. You might see students familiar with the term, or parents who oppose t it.
annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

Possible but I prefer no. I it is good if the government will promote bitcoin in academe but I don't like it. Think of this, if you will join a signature campaign or a bounty campaign they will required you to have a degree in bitcoin and that is not good for people that don't like studying like me. I spent half of my life studying and I don't want to do it again. I am investing in bitcoin because it is hassle free and I want it just like this.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:15:08 AM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?

I think it is a good idea to integrate bitcoins on schools. When teaching decimals as well. But when integrating bitcoins to the learning system, I think it should heavily focus on the computer side of learning or more IT courses. We can have a lot of possible alt coin makers from the future generation.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
biffapparent

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:21:08 PM

I don’t think specifying Bitcoin in classrooms are necessary. Perhaps the broader idea is more helpful for them to be able to decide where they can invest.
elvinjamon

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:16:32 PM

This is for a personal writing project I'm working on. I imagine that Bitcoin would be good for things like teaching things like math with decimals ("How many Satoshis do you need to get a tenth of a Bitcoin?", stuff like that), budgeting (Spend it on whatever you want, but when it's gone, it's gone), or even a little bit of IT / programming stuff like how cryptography works. What do you guys think of this?

Maybe it is good to teach bitcoin in the classroom regarding programming stuffs or cryptocurrency works,  with that, individuals will know the process of creating virtual currency.  Also,  it is very effective to teach how to trade bitcoins to alt coins
Vin183~

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:19:46 PM

I think that's a good thing. Because then everyone can know what bitcoin is with the real meaning. It is therefore possible to reduce negative thinking about bitcoin from people who are not or are not yet familiar with bitcoin.
winterland

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:18:51 AM

Education is the real foundation of all things especially to achieve a bright future. I think educating the people about bitcoin and cryptocurrency since in elementary and high school is a great thing.
We can start a wonderful future if all people are educated about bitcoin and make something chang for their better future.
Education is key but you do not have to stop learning when you are out of school, keep learning, in fact most of the useful information you are going to learn does not come from the school but from information that you look by yourself, so if you want to learn about bitcoin do not wait until it is taught in a classroom.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:12:12 AM

i personally think that bitcoin is one of the best topic and most important topic everyone can/should and will understand. its not about only money its more than that. its our future its the technology that opens the doors of open source and living in the reallity with complete freedom.

In general i agree that bitcoin in classroom but not for all student at least student in univercity. If lower than that i think they will not undertand and it is not the right time for them to start.
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:32:07 AM

As long as it has the idea of what the true topics is, it doesn't matter what are the things that will be used or ways it will be taught. And I think it is also better, that children's will have an a idea of what bitcoin is so they won't be so much ignorant when one day it become very useful to the society. I think it would be great, but the question is, would teacher/prof. would see it very useful?
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:46:14 AM

I think it could be an additional lesson, especially in the economic sector. Bitcoin has a major element of economics, crypto as matematka or also information technology science and development. This will be a very long lesson I think, but at least all students will be interested about this, it could be some ane people behind it all.  Cool
usahaali06

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:01:32 AM

The idea is pretty good, if bitcoin is incorporated into the learning material then people will more easily recognize bitcoin. With the method of introducing such bitcoins, then people will be more confident and curious with bitcoin.
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:04:18 AM

I suppose you can do that. You're teaching math and creating cryptocurrency awareness in the classroom.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:21:16 AM

Yes it's a good case if it's not a good idea if satoshi make a math formula HAHA. It is best to study it with students who have a Business-related courses. They will study Bitcoin History and how it runs in our day now, studying how it helps people who use it. It's a good idea to study it and tell the success of bitcoin to people and to be able to inspire students at bitcoin someday. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Genosx

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:30:14 PM

for me it is no, because when bitcoin enter inside the classroom the students will not listen to their teacher, they will just sharing about bitcoin and will focus on earning it rather than to pass their academic subject.
In other way it is good, because children may learn about earning bitcoin and they will earn profit even they are student.
burnwrench

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:29:40 PM

For me, I don't think that they should bother teaching it on school because for one, Bitcoin is not forever and Two, economics subject can already sum up the basics about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: