Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:04:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SFC][POW] ★★ Solarflarecoin Rebrand ★★ New dev team ★★  (Read 43716 times)
SolarFlareProject (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

Solarflaircoin added to
Mining-Dutch.nl

Diff:   8192    stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3379
Diff:  Vardiff   stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3479
Diff:  16384    stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3579

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot guys, you was very fast! Link added in OP!
Big up!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lombaqe

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:04:09 PM

Solarflaircoin added to
Mining-Dutch.nl

Diff:   8192    stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3379
Diff:  Vardiff   stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3479
Diff:  16384    stratum+tcp://mining-dutch.nl:3579

Enjoy.
pleasant looking pool,very nice layout  Cool

Sneaking around in shadows,lurking like a Gollum
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:22:23 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 11:39:54 AM by SolarFlareProject

Hi all, as discussed through msg with our big contributor Lombaqe, we are facing the problem of slow retargeting when difficulty is high.

Today for example:
Current Difficulty   143.31197786
Est. Next Difficulty   197.81380121 (Change in 60 Blocks)
That's mean that with few miners the blockchain will be soon stuck again for the second time.

Then we have to find a solution for this:
Discussing about the part of code that is causing the slow retargeting:
Code:
static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 4 * 60 * 60; // 4 hours
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 240; // 4 minute blocks
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; // change every 60 blocks
static const int64 nReTargetHistoryFact = 4;
we think that with actual difficulty, 4 hours are too much. To find 60 blocks at starting difficulty is very easy but now with few miners is a mess and could take ages.
We are working on tuning this and we already have an idea on how to modify retarget time, but as we are an open community any feedback on which will be the best solution will be appreciated  Wink
Cheers!
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:43:56 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 10:57:43 AM by Lombaqe

I think it would be good idea to change it into

Code:
static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 4 * 5 * 60; // 20 minutes
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; // change every 5 blocks

I know the change would be very radical, but it would also work better with the current state as it would prevent blocks to get stuck for longer period of time. 4 minute block time has never been the problem so no need to change that. as for retarget history check.. maybe change it to 6..?(6 x 20 minutes = 2 hours of history check)

I'd also like to know what others think about this solution

EDIT: could also use history of 12, which would make it 4 hours and would smoothen difficulty change also

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:44:24 PM

We have our official Slack channel, feel free to ask for invitation and discuss about next development!
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:14:19 PM

We have our official Slack channel, feel free to ask for invitation and discuss about next development!

add me  Cool

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:34:33 PM

add me  Cool

Your invitation has been sent  Wink
jupiter00000

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

http://jupitertheproducer.bandcamp.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 08:38:41 PM

add me  Cool

Me too?  Grin

Twitter: @Jupiter00000
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:14:24 PM

add me  Cool

Me too?  Grin

Just send me your email via msg and i add you to our channel  Wink
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:18:50 PM

Work in progress, on several fronts Wink

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:48:58 PM

Development continue!!
Download of wallet is now available also for MAC OSX users!
Get it now!

Lombaqe

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:53:08 PM

Development continue!!
Download of wallet is now available also for MAC OSX users!
Get it now!

nice job there  Wink

Story777

Activity: 78
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:03:35 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2017, 02:28:22 AM by Story777

Hi all, as discussed through msg with our big contributor Lombaqe, we are facing the problem of slow retargeting when difficulty is high.

Today for example:
That's mean that with few miners the blockchain will be soon stuck again for the second time.

Code:
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing; // change every 60 blocks
we think that with actual difficulty, 4 hours are too much. To find 60 blocks at starting difficulty is very easy but now with few miners is a mess and could take ages.
We are working on tuning this and we already have an idea on how to modify retarget time, but as we are an open community any feedback on which will be the best solution will be appreciated  Wink
Cheers!

Finally, it's great to see some technical discussion here with a new coin. I have accidentally come across this coin and tbh it has caught my interest. In my opinion to see the work gone into this coin already separates it from other shit coins. Time will only tell but it looks like Solarflarecoin is headed in the right direction. To have the wallets, pools and blockchain etc up and running is great. To also have the MAC OX wallet running is even better! Not because I only use mac (also a windows user) but to see the "mac user population" not targeted would be like not really caring that all the audience considered and to me that would limit the interest long term in this coin.

I would like some more specifics about this coin, but being so new I guess time will allow this and I need to do more research.

I do think we need to look at the slow retargeting and to action this remedy very quickly. I have seen many coins get "stuck" and the interest declines very quickly with the coin, and trolls become more apparent. I do not have any programming skills but have been involved in crypto for a few years so have seen how these coins can wither and die quickly. Any coin can die in the future but so far Solarflarecoin is heading the right direction. As I am currently mining this coin, slow retargeting when the difficulty is high is a concern for me at this point and tbh I will switch coins to mine if this is not remedied. I am sure Im not the only miner who will do this. So thank you Lombaqe and other contributors.

Keeping up routine information from the Dev shows commitment and gives stability (not just technically) but those of us who want to buy into this more longer term.

Choosing the correct exchanges is very important but we need volume before being considered on any large exchange (e.g.. Poloniex). I would like to see more social activity on here or elsewhere before getting too excited about this coin, as interest is everything.

I hope to see this coin increase with interest and price.
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:57:08 AM

Today for example:

Code:
Cheers!

Finally, it's great to see some technical discussion here with a new coin. I have accidentally come across this coin and tbh it has caught my interest. In my opinion to see the work gone into this coin already separates it from other shit coins. Time will only tell but it looks like Solarflarecoin is headed in the right direction. To have the wallets, pools and blockchain etc up and running is great. To also have the MAC OX wallet running is even better! Not because I only use mac (also a windows user) but to see the "mac user population" not targeted would be like not really caring that all the audience considered and to me that would limit the interest long term in this coin.

I would like some more specifics about this coin, but being so new I guess time will allow this and I need to do more research.

I do think we need to look at the slow retargeting and to action this remedy very quickly. I have seen many coins get "stuck" and the interest declines very quickly with the coin, and trolls become more apparent. I do not have any programming skills but have been involved in crypto for a few years so have seen how these coins can wither and die quickly. Any coin can die in the future but so far Solarflarecoin is heading the right direction. As I am currently mining this coin, slow retargeting when the difficulty is high is a concern for me at this point and tbh I will switch coins to mine if this is not remedied. I am sure Im not the only miner who will do this. So thank you Lombaqe and other contributors.

Keeping up routine information from the Dev shows commitment and gives stability (not just technically) but those of us who want to buy into this more longer term.

Choosing the correct exchanges is very important but we need volume before being considered on any large exchange (e.g.. Poloniex). I would like to see more social activity on here or elsewhere before getting too excited about this coin, as interest is everything.

always nice to see new faces around, welcome  Cool if you want, pm me your email and I can invite you to the sfc slack. I'm there pretty much 24/7 myself and Solar stops by pretty much daily at least once as well with few other of us, so it's easier to talk there about things and oppinions etc  Grin

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:02:08 AM

Today for example:

Code:
Cheers!

Welcome on our project, as Lombaq said is always nice to see new peoples posting here.
we are happy that interest is growing day bay day, also if with small steps....I'm here always posting, and our mission is to continue on developing, and MAC was one of other missing pieces of the puzzle.
We already discussed about slow retargeting time and we are looking to make the switch as soon as possible.
About the exchanges, we know how important could be get listed in a big and trusted exchange with good amount of daily volume..
Yobit was definitively avoided as we are getting feeling that something strange and big could happen soon on that exchange (slow deposit, missing withdraw, wallet locked, fake trading volume and so on), but we are sure that soon we will get listed on another good exchange Smiley
You (and any other) are welcome to discuss on future development here, or can join us on our Slack channel https://solarflarecoin.slack.com
tortellino

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:13:32 AM

@all: What settings do i have to make when i want solo mining in my wallet? any ports or servers needed?

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:49:59 AM

@all: What settings do i have to make when i want solo mining in my wallet? any ports or servers needed?

if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, but it should work fine if you add these into %appdata%\Solarflarecoin\Solarflarecoin.conf

Code:
rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=any chosen port just remember to use same on your miner settings

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:53:07 PM

if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, but it should work fine if you add these into %appdata%\Solarflarecoin\Solarflarecoin.conf

Code:
rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=any chosen port just remember to use same on your miner settings

Yeah you are right...that settings should works fine!
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:01:24 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2017, 04:24:32 PM by SolarFlareProject

Feeling lucky that some stupid people's are dumping on me thousand of their coins for such low value Grin
Already happened with previous 600 sat jump and soon will happen again!
See you soon @ 10X actual value!!

PS: love that coin  Wink

We think that who is selling at such low price probably in future will rethink on that  Wink
we recognize that the coin at the moment is traded at a price much below their real price, probably with some new improvements that will jump up, making happy all $SFC holders  Grin

Just today we sent our request to get added on the big family of altcoins of Shapeshift (that could help us a lot on managing our platform payment system) and the exchange Bitstamp.
Not least, soon you will get more info about us on https://www.worldcoinindex.com
fgb

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:54:44 PM

Approx February 2017
Launch of Solarflare Virtual Modules Platform

can't wait news dev?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: