Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:35:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SFC][POW] ★★ Solarflarecoin Rebrand ★★ New dev team ★★  (Read 43712 times)
SolarFlareProject (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 01:42:51 PM

Coin Specifications

Coin Ticker: SFC
POW Scrypt Cryptocurrency
20 million total coins supply (18% to a development fund and 82% distributed through PoW)
240 second block time target
Coin maturity: 50 confirmations

I think you should change coin ticker to avoid confusion..

SFC IS SAFECOIN and it's on coinexchange so people may send their coins there

Before to launch the coin we already checked if any other coin have SFC as ticker, and don't looks like....and Safecoin have SFE not SFC as ticker
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/safecoin/

Good that you checked,you may want to inform coinexchange.io about this as well still https://www.coinexchange.io/market/SFC/BTC
Last time i tried it on behalf of another coin,no one listened me

The question now is: who is wrong? Coinexchange or Coinmarketcap?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lombaqe

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 05:55:44 PM

Coin Specifications

20 million total coins supply (18% to a development fund and 82% distributed through PoW)

Before to launch the coin we already checked if any other coin have SFC as ticker, and don't looks like....and Safecoin have SFE not SFC as ticker

Good that you checked,you may want to inform coinexchange.io about this as well still https://www.coinexchange.io/market/SFC/BTC

I think we passed that question already.

the question is more of, will you or won't you/team ask coinexchange to correct their ticker on that spesified coin to protect your coin users so that they won't accidentally send their coins into wrong crypto wallet.

no need to make bull out of a fly, I'm saying this as mistakes like that do happen and it is small precaution to avoid things like that

Sneaking around in shadows,lurking like a Gollum
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:35:09 PM

Coin Specifications

I think we passed that question already.

the question is more of, will you or won't you/team ask coinexchange to correct their ticker on that spesified coin to protect your coin users so that they won't accidentally send their coins into wrong crypto wallet.

no need to make bull out of a fly, I'm saying this as mistakes like that do happen and it is small precaution to avoid things like that

Yes, i absolutely want to avoid any problem and i've already sent to CE staff a mail explaining that problem.
I want to say thanks for your coop!
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 07:28:53 PM

Good news being listed on the exchange, price looks very unstable at the moment, probably after some starting dump by miners and bounty-holders the price will be stable...
The coin have a very low supply atm, than i think that under 200/250 sat is still a very good price, so when weak hands dumped their coin we will see the true potential of this coin
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:35:03 AM

After some hysterias of buy and sell on the day of launch with miners dumping some thousand of coins, price looks more stable now.
We are working on finishing website and we expect to launch it this weekend.
Also the Virtual Panels platform should be ready for that time, then you can use your coins to rent our modules and get a reward after renting!

Lombaqe

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:04:34 PM

After some hysterias of buy and sell on the day of launch with miners dumping some thousand of coins, price looks more stable now.
Also the Virtual Panels platform should be ready for that time, then you can use your coins to rent our modules and get a reward after renting!

yesterday website showed 2 days to be launched and today it shows 15 days?

iegservers

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:10:29 AM

What is up with the block times ?  And the confirmation times ?  Extremely slow....

Dev needs to continue communication on the forum during and especially right after launch.  Net hash-rate for this coin is already down by 66%, from 1.2GH down to 440MH.
C'mon Dev, lets keep this coin rolling Smiley

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:04:07 AM

Yes, we had to reset the counter because the platform and the website still need some working  Undecided

What is up with the block times ?  And the confirmation times ?  Extremely slow....

Dev needs to continue communication on the forum during and especially right after launch.  Net hash-rate for this coin is already down by 66%, from 1.2GH down to 440MH.

We are continung to work and the coin is rolling...If someone post something we are here, we cant' answer to our own posts  Cheesy
About slow confirmation times and block stuck at 3817, we really don't know whats happening....
we noticed that the most prolific pool http://ypool.ga/sfc now have zero workers, also if at the moment of writing the network hashrate is 500MH/S.
Today we investigate on whats could be that is slowing the network.
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:21:25 AM

Yes, we had to reset the counter because the platform and the website still need some working  Undecided

What is up with the block times ?  And the confirmation times ?  Extremely slow....

Dev needs to continue communication on the forum during and especially right after launch.  Net hash-rate for this coin is already down by 66%, from 1.2GH down to 440MH.

We are continung to work and the coin is rolling...If someone post something we are here, we cant' answer to our own posts  Cheesy
About slow confirmation times and block stuck at 3817, we really don't know whats happening....
we noticed that the most prolific pool http://ypool.ga/sfc now have zero workers, also if at the moment of writing the network hashrate is 500MH/S.

are you being ignorant,trolling or simply decided not to use brains here?

I take a moment to explain how I see the situation and how it feels as I think about it(probably many others as well)

1.people get excited of the coin you did, they start mining it and hashrate goes up --> difficulty raises

2.coin hits exchange, people start mining even more as they feel like they're able to sell the coin and make profit --> difficulty raises even more

3. dev(meaning you) decides to throw 1.5 mil coins in exchange and not even trying to be gentle on selling it, but throws nearly 1 mil right away in sales piling it in pieces of 30-130 k and for the fact that coin is new, not many there really aint too many buyers for the coin and most of those piles just stayes there and dev(again you) lowers price to get them sold any means necessary which affects even more on how profitable coin is to mine. (based on the fact that there's 3817 blocks mined(1 premine and 3567 with 50 coin value after 0 reward blocks) and those 3567 blocks have rewarded 178 350 coins, but the sell wall on cryptopia is currently holding ~1.023 mil coins which simply isn't possible without premined coins)

4. miners don't see point on mining coins especially if it's rental rigs they use and stop mining, but the difficulty has already gone up and it doesn't go down the same speed.

5. the miners that do still mine, take ages to solve a single block cause of high difficulty which means blockchain moves slowly --> confirmation before sellable (6 blocks) and each transaction takes even more time

to put this in simple way, stop dumping premine in big piles with lower price and price raises --> people find it more profitable to mine --> more people mine it --> blocks are found more steadily --> transactions move faster

that's how you could still save the coin. also get the website etc stuff up, to proof that you have actually some intention to develop things around this coin instead of just giving many fancy words that sounds beatiful

my personal oppinion : you should have sticked with the idea of doing ico in first place instead of dumping premine in exchange preventing its value to rise(and that also pretty much makes you look like a guy who's not interested on actually developing long lasting coin, but a simple hit and run scam coin. not saying you're actually trying to scam people and ditch the coin, only that it just looks much like one

EDIT : and as for the difficulty, just for the comparison point to prove my point I make a comparison towards prx excluding the price from it cause that part I already explained before from the part of SFC and I'm not here to promote other coins, just explaining how I see things and laying down the facts

SFC
hashrate ~436 mh
difficulty ~181
block reward 50

PRX
hashrate ~1299 mh
difficulty ~18
block reward 100

Lombaqe

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:40:22 AM

it's not enough to hire a person to do marketing for the coin(yes I have read your posts done in past) to make people turn towards your coin. you need to actually prove that you're developing the coin and want it to last for the investors to come and buy it

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:44:27 AM

Thanks for your technical explanation, was really appreciated for his constructive nature.
Sincerely we are not here for trolling, and probably we are paying our lack of experience on that field because we are a very young team.
Unfortunately we did some mistakes and the price lowered a lot,but we are the first that are interested to keep the coin increasing on value.
There is a big part of premine that is not in our hand because was already spent for developing, and this part probably already hit the exchange.
What we can do for sure by our side is to let the price increase again until reach a new profitable mining point.
About development of the coin, we are here everyday stating how things flow.
Thanks again to Lombaqe for his great explanation.
iegservers

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:28:11 PM

Thanks for your technical explanation, was really appreciated for his constructive nature.
Sincerely we are not here for trolling, and probably we are paying our lack of experience on that field because we are a very young team.
Unfortunately we did some mistakes and the price lowered a lot,but we are the first that are interested to keep the coin increasing on value.
There is a big part of premine that is not in our hand because was already spent for developing, and this part probably already hit the exchange.
What we can do for sure by our side is to let the price increase again until reach a new profitable mining point.

Well, as I see it.  As long as the Dev(You) stick around and continue to be active in the forum, and actively developing apps, throughways for your coin, then the coin can remain profitable.   I am giving you the benefit of the the doubt that you did not create a pump and dump scheme coin. I hope you are sincere with the coin, and will continue to support its growth, as I believe its actually got a good meaning behind it, with the renewable energy aspect.

As for the communication aspect, its not up to the forum users to only ask questions and wait for an answer, its mainly up to the Dev(again, You) to keep the people aware of any difficulties , bugs, etc.  This block and chain issue should have been presented by the Dev(Again, You) before it was even questioned in the forum. You must keep the people abreast of all issues, and also post updates, normal communications, etc, not just "This is my coin, and this is how it is" statements.  Cause its not just your coin, you can have the entire crypto world backing you and mining this coin if you can start communicating just a little more.

Don't kill the coin by selling off everything you hold from premine, etc.  that destroys a coin.  and you dont need 5000btc to develop a coin..

Just my 2 cents.

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:40:27 PM

Well, as I see it.  As long as the Dev(You) stick around and continue to be active in the forum, and actively developing apps, throughways for your coin, then the coin can remain profitable.   I am giving you the benefit of the the doubt that you did not create a pump and dump scheme coin. I hope you are sincere with the coin, and will continue to support its growth, as I believe its actually got a good meaning behind it, with the renewable energy aspect.

As for the communication aspect, its not up to the forum users to only ask questions and wait for an answer, its mainly up to the Dev(again, You) to keep the people aware of any difficulties , bugs, etc.  This block and chain issue should have been presented by the Dev(Again, You) before it was even questioned in the forum. You must keep the people abreast of all issues, and also post updates, normal communications, etc, not just "This is my coin, and this is how it is" statements.  Cause its not just your coin, you can have the entire crypto world backing you and mining this coin if you can start communicating just a little more.

Don't kill the coin by selling off everything you hold from premine, etc.  that destroys a coin.  and you dont need 5000btc to develop a coin..

Just my 2 cents.

I accept your critics and me and my co-devs learned a good lesson here, also for future projects. You are right when say "This block and chain issue should have been presented by the Dev(Again, You) before it was even questioned in the forum." but honestly we also have our own life and we are not everyday sitting on here looking if chain mine blocks or not....we had a day-off and today we noticed the problem, when was already stated by users.
Usually we try to answer as soon as possible here in the forum or posting updates via Twitter, but sometimes we also need to break the routine, drink some beers out, have a social life and clear our mind Wink
As i said to Lombaq in PM, we can only say thanks for positive critics without spreading FUD, we hope to give this coin the deserved attention.

For the moment the blocks are still slow but with the next 1-2 blcoks the difficulty should be lowered to ~18, thats mean that the blockchain should back to work fine.

EDIT: We already and also received critics for the free web hosting (for someone is not serious for a project to have their website hosted for free), we already have a new paid domain and we started to move the website to a paid hosting.
iegservers

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:39:11 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 05:08:03 AM by iegservers

Yes, we had to reset the counter because the platform and the website still need some working  Undecided

Dev needs to continue communication on the forum during and especially right after launch.  Net hash-rate for this coin is already down by 66%, from 1.2GH down to 440MH.

We are continung to work and the coin is rolling...If someone post something we are here, we cant' answer to our own posts  Cheesy

You are incorrect on the stuck block.

Next Network Block   3,420    (Current: 3,419)

3,419 is the stuck block.  Just FYI.

iegservers

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:09:37 AM

Coin Specifications

SFC is also already on YoBit, as SafeCoin FYI.
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 09:45:22 AM

Coin Specifications

Safecoin is SFE in yobit not SFC

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:42:24 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 05:19:43 PM by SolarFlareProject

You are incorrect on the stuck block.

Next Network Block   3,420    (Current: 3,419)

3,419 is the stuck block.  Just FYI.

You are right, sorry for the typo mistake....
Now a lower difficulty should help to increase speed on finding blocks, the network looks restored to an almost normal speed.
iegservers

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:27:21 PM

Coin Specifications

Safecoin is SFE in yobit not SFC

Yea, I realized that this morning.  Thats what happens when you stay up really late, your eyes play tricks on you.. lol
Thanks for the clarification Smiley
Lombaqe

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:00:45 PM

Good job guys, looks good http://solarflarecoin.us/

ps. sorry for taking your chance to announce it first lol

SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:18:26 PM

Today we have some good news: the network looks back to normality, blocks are flowing, also if not at regular full speed, but now the time between blocks looks reasonable.
Great news comes fromt he market, where no more dumps boost up the price of a huge 220%, and i think that's kake of all us very very happy!
Last but not least, our official website is now online!

At the moment it contain all main informations about Solarflare and our vision, there are still some missing pieces but we can work on it on the road!
Thanks to all for support, feedback are welcome  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: