Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SFC][POW] ★★ Solarflarecoin Rebrand ★★ New dev team ★★  (Read 43712 times)
iegservers

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:44:58 PM

So a hardfork is required to fix the coin. Will you roll the blockchain back, or let the attacker keep the rewards? You could probably do either safely without too much additional blowback from users as the chain is fairly young.

Yes,  a fork was already planned due to fix the slow block retarget time then we are working on that direction.

So then everyone should stop mining at this time, as it will be for nothing then , correct ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lombaqe

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:04:18 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 10:49:57 PM by Lombaqe

So a hardfork is required to fix the coin. Will you roll the blockchain back, or let the attacker keep the rewards? You could probably do either safely without too much additional blowback from users as the chain is fairly young.

Yes,  a fork was already planned due to fix the slow block retarget time then we are working on that direction.

So then everyone should stop mining at this time, as it will be for nothing then , correct ?

blocks won't be reversed, what has happened,has happened. reversing blocks now back would cost lots of people including exchange money as many bought cheap coins in the exchange after all. soon there will be fork taking place in 2 sections. first part includes 2 things to happen

1.confirmation time increase at first to give security by making it harder to complete attack
2.lowering of the retargeting time and increasing block history check to prevent difficulty sticking up for long and slowing whole blockchain

second part will be implementation of ACP to strenghten up security and to prevent this from happening

by now, you are able to mine if you want and as soon as preparations are complete and the fork is close,it will be informed. Any questions about things,feel free to ask in here or send email address through pm and I invite you to join us in slack

Sneaking around in shadows,lurking like a Gollum
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:20:11 PM

blocks won't be reversed, what has happened,has happened. reversing blocks now back would cost lots of people including exchange money as many bought cheap coins in the exchange after all. soon there will be fork taking place in 2 sections. first part includes 2 things to happen

1.confirmation time increase at first to give security by making it harder to complete attack
2.lowering of the retargeting time and increasing block history check to prevent difficulty sticking up for long and slowing whole blockchain

second part will be implementation of ACP to strenghten up security and to prevent this from happening

by now, you are able to mine if you want and as soon as preparations are complete and the fork is close,it will be informed. Any questions about things,feel free to ask in here or send email address through pm and I invite you to join us in slack

I'm not familiar on this matter so in layman's term , will the current coins gets burn if the hard fork progresses? It will all get vanished?
I have some coins on cryptopia and have bought it for a price of 200 satoshi and kind of worried Sad Thanks
SolarFlareProject (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:34:33 PM

I'm not familiar on this matter so in layman's term , will the current coins gets burn if the hard fork progresses? It will all get vanished?
I have some coins on cryptopia and have bought it for a price of 200 satoshi and kind of worried Sad Thanks

Nothing will happen to existing coins,and absolutely will not burned!
All balances are safe and you will be able to spend/trade your coins like now Smiley
Just be carefull when you change version of wallet if you have coins on it, don't deleting the file wallet.dat otherwise, yes, your coins will be lost.

npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:27:09 AM

Nothing will happen to existing coins,and absolutely will not burned!
All balances are safe and you will be able to spend/trade your coins like now Smiley
Just be carefull when you change version of wallet if you have coins on it, don't deleting the file wallet.dat otherwise, yes, your coins will be lost.

That's good to hear , thanks for replying quick. Yeah I will definitely backup my wallet.dat file Smiley
Good luck to the SFC  Wink to the sky and the moon.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 12:33:46 AM

I saw a bunch of you were dumping because of this minor issue, and just bought another bag full. Thanks dumpers.  Grin

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:38:34 AM

As you already know, yesterday the network suffered a "Time Warp" attack (for those wo want to read something http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/48503/how-does-a-time-warp-attack-work)
We already found some solutions on the problems, and we are going to update the new source code that should prevent this to happen again in future.
We are increasing the number of confirmations required to spend funds, that's will cause some wait on transactions, but will ensure the network preventing that a future attacker will move their coins easily.
We are also adjusting difficulty retarget time (in addition setting a correct look through history blocks) in order to prevent that the network will be stuck on high difficulty with long wait for retarget at acceptable difficulty, and thats will help a lot the network.
So what we suggest is to put your mining operations in pause, as also the pool have to update to the new code.
As soon as the new code is up, we inform you to download and update your clients.
Radent

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 05:53:49 PM

Explorer Offline. where another link?
Dev fund 18% where is going to?
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:08:19 PM

Don't understand why you are scared of where 18% dev funds are going to?
Funds are at the same place of they where always was...
About block explorer, probably is down because we are looking to fix the problem and make the network safer as it was..
You can check another block explorer on Prohashing site
https://prohashing.com/explorer/SolarFlarecoin/
Radent

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:27:27 PM

About block explorer, probably is down because we are looking to fix the problem and make the network safer as it was..

Sorry, on suspicion of me. Because usually Developers submit will be used to Giveways, Promotion, Transletter, etc.
I glanced at the front page have not found the information.
Thanks for this information. I see that's price still lower.
I will support.
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:59:33 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 10:11:00 PM by SolarFlareProject

Sorry, on suspicion of me. Because usually Developers submit will be used to Giveways, Promotion, Transletter, etc.
I glanced at the front page have not found the information.
Thanks for this information. I see that's price still lower.
I will support.

Don' worry  Wink
We already used some of the 18% funds for develop clients, wallet, website, the upcoming platform and lots of things have still to be accomplished.
You can scroll through the topic to see that the project is on track with development, and if you wan you are welcome to join our community on Slack
https://solarflarecoin.slack.com where we discuss about everything related Solarflarecoin and the project Wink
About price, is still under what should be, but there are lots of people's that everyday profit from the spread between bid/ask....and good times will come!
Thanks for your support  Wink
nikl

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 10:14:51 PM

Here's the new and updated source code, all client versions are on the way.
https://github.com/solarflareproject/solarflarecoin_fix

Doesn't work for me. Wallet downloads first 4 blocks and stucks.
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 10:19:03 PM

Is this some sort of dragonball z Krillin move kind of coin ? Solar.... Flare ! Hahahaha
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 10:53:12 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 11:08:36 PM by SolarFlareProject

We noticed that something is going wrong on here, there are some troubles on syncing networks with old/new clients, and also pools are showing strange values.
At this point the we have to back to work on figuring how to fix things, then we recommend to do not download the fix as didn't work!

Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:39:19 PM

We noticed that something is going wrong on here, there are some troubles on syncing networks with old/new clients, and also pools are showing strange values.
At this point the we have to back to work on figuring how to fix things, then we recommend to do not download the fix as didn't work!

You do know there is a test network for coins so you don't have to bork mainnets up...
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:30:07 AM

hello everyone.  been mining now for for over a day now at aikapool.com and have some coins at unconfirmed all day.  how long does it take to confirm the coins? if anybody else is having problems at aikapool.com plz post here.  and also the diff is at 11.9m according to cgminier.  is this correct? thanks
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:28:22 AM

hello everyone.  been mining now for for over a day now at aikapool.com and have some coins at unconfirmed all day.  how long does it take to confirm the coins? if anybody else is having problems at aikapool.com plz post here.  and also the diff is at 11.9m according to cgminier.  is this correct? thanks

there has been issue with the blockchain and is currently being worked on towards a fix.

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
SolarFlareProject (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 07:13:26 AM

As Bumbacoin wrote in last post, we are experiencing problems on update the code after the TimeWarp attack that we had one day ago.
We released a new version of the code but looks like some goes wrong on the update, then we are working to restore everything to normal.
We will keep you posted.
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:56:26 PM

As Bumbacoin wrote in last post, we are experiencing problems on update the code after the TimeWarp attack that we had one day ago.
We released a new version of the code but looks like some goes wrong on the update, then we are working to restore everything to normal.
We will keep you posted.

should we stop mining then?
Story777

Activity: 78
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:03:49 PM

Yes, stop mining until further notice by SolarFlare Coin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: