Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:25:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Negative effects of technology  (Read 66957 times)
killgald

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:24:49 PM

Technology has revolutionized our world in the past 20 years, with the rise of cellular phones, the Internet, and later, social media. While the leaps and bounds have led to amazing advances that have improved the quality of life for millions or even billions of people, there are significant drawbacks to adopting new technology to an extreme degree.

The stereotypes of teenagers constantly texting their friends and overworked men and women who can’t escape their emails are stereotypes for a reason – huge numbers of us are constantly glued to our technology devices. Are you suffering from any of these negative effects of technology?

I do not think that we suffer from the fact that they are permanently glued to their gadgets. Many use them not for entertainment, but for making money and receiving information.
Negative only for those who can not control themselves and waste time.
I agreed with you, the problem is that tecnology reach childrens in so early age that abuse and lost the control of time and wasted it. I´m not agreed that a boy of 4 years old stare all day into an Ipad.

Russelmain

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:19:07 PM

Technology has revolutionized our world in the past 20 years, with the rise of cellular phones, the Internet, and later, social media. While the leaps and bounds have led to amazing advances that have improved the quality of life for millions or even billions of people, there are significant drawbacks to adopting new technology to an extreme degree.

The stereotypes of teenagers constantly texting their friends and overworked men and women who can’t escape their emails are stereotypes for a reason – huge numbers of us are constantly glued to our technology devices. Are you suffering from any of these negative effects of technology?

I do not think that we suffer from the fact that they are permanently glued to their gadgets. Many use them not for entertainment, but for making money and receiving information.
Negative only for those who can not control themselves and waste time.
I agreed with you, the problem is that tecnology reach childrens in so early age that abuse and lost the control of time and wasted it. I´m not agreed that a boy of 4 years old stare all day into an Ipad.
I completely agree with you that this has not been observed before and today even young children enjoy the theme of the fruits of high technologies that are available to everyone today. It seems strange to me that it's not so bad that the children learn what they have. It's for us Tajiks Perhaps it's savagery, but for them it's already a Tribute to life.
phil65

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:24:51 PM

I think technology is growing faster than our morals. Quite dangerous...
freegum44

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:04:33 AM

Maybe we distract a lot with it, that's the biggest problem for everyone i think
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

It made people like a robot, following what is on the main stream, checking out other people's lives, made people talk less and gave them less time with their families and friends. It made people crazy.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:39:44 AM

Technology has its pros and cons. Technology opens us to different things like countries we haven't been, ideas, and events. This also aids us in acquiring certain informations in just a short time and somehow connects us to people who are away from us. However, technology also takes us away from people who are around us. Before, during gatherings get to have conversations with the people around but now, we are too busy taking pictures and posting them on our social media. Although technology entertains us, makes our daily activities a bit lighter but too much of it is no longer healthy.

Felipe Postingher

Activity: 94
Merit: 30

Here we go! I am a portuguese translator!

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:42:53 AM

Technology is not always a good thing.

One example is with the children.
In the old days, children used to play outside with their friends.
Now majority of them are just staring at their iPads.

pretty true. it was the first thing that I thought when I first read ur post and its so sad and for sure one of the most negative effects; the human interaction rate is getting so low

siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:16:02 AM

Technology on the latter part has also a negative effects. Children doesn't play outside anymore. And it also has something to do with their health condition. I'm afraid i've heard news about children getting hospitalized because of technology. Maybe their parents encourage/limit them from using gadgets.

Parents remain guilty of the case, the parents must be responsible. I know not all, but most parents always show pictures or games that are on their gadgets when their child is fussy. In fact it is not a good thing. The child may want to continue playing the game, and when not given, anger and fuss will become their weapon .. The point is not to spoil them, let alone to give gadgets on them.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:09:11 AM

Gadgets is a part of technology which we need to use in a right way.  Using of gadgets is not bad on us but if we dont have any limit to them they can harm us there some example that is base on my observation nowadays the first one is the children, because of this technologies they are not focusing to there studies,  they do not want to play outdoor games instead of learning they're spending there time in a useless activities.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
Cyberbits

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:00:07 PM

The more advanced technology becomes, the more it seems to have control over our lives. According to Lee Siegel, "we shop, work, play, love, search for information, seek to communicate with each other and sometimes with the world online. We spend more time online than ever before. Yet people are not arguing about this startling new condition." I believe that people have too readily embraced technology, seeking only the benefits, and ignoring the many downfalls.

"It does not matter if your home is a noisy urban walk-up or a quaint cottage on a secluded bluff. If you have a screen and can pick up a signal, your mind is still in the same placeless place"(Siegel, 64). This "placeless place" that Siegel talks about is the zone that your mind enters when you stare at a screen too long, and it feels like your mind stops “Thinking.”

Recent developments in technology such as the internet also led to a decline in “normal” social behaviors. “The old-fashioned café provided a way to both share and abandon solitude, but sitting in your screen world is a whole other story. You are socially and psychologically cut off from your fellow caffeine addicts” (Siegel, 16, 17). In ages past, you could walk around town for a whole day without seeing all the people you know. Now, everyone you know is within arm’s reach, taking that certain psychological feeling out of seeing people. You see them every second of every day, and hear nearly every single thought of theirs as soon as they think them.
Cyberbits

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:01:09 PM

How information technology is changing the family and how it might affect the future. Some of the ways that IT may affect the perceptions and behaviors of individuals are considered next.
             Critics of this technology argue that it is negatively affecting our family lives. Their concern is that because of increasing use of home computers, a growing number of family people are becoming addicted to computers and loosing human interaction. The main concern here is the acceptance of unreal contact replaces a real one. When we spend time on computers at home and converse with people around the world, critics argue that they are talking to an artificial community and they lack real world face to face human interaction due to talking through a computer network is greatly different from face to face contact. Although using multimedia interface and emotional communication tools we can build up a better environment for communication that does not suffice the real world. On the whole, it will make the people isolate and decrease social skills to be dependent on computers.
Senkuli

Activity: 304

www.daxico.com

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:19:21 PM

Technology is not always a good thing.

One example is with the children.
In the old days, children used to play outside with their friends.
Now majority of them are just staring at their iPads.

Technology does not always have a positive impact on humans, there are also many negative impacts caused by technology.
Technological advances in the form of gadgets have a negative impact on children and adults, causing a lack of interaction to the environment as well as the people around him, causing laziness due to dependence and addiction to gadgets. Technology also affects the industrial sector, where human labor is reduced and replaced by Advanced machines are also robot workers.
bebejhen

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:56:59 AM

Technology has advantages and disadvantages for us. It is really helpful for us because it make things easier but I think its not good for kids. Kids nowadays became addict on online gaming because of that technology. They will just lay in bed and playing games on their cellphones or tablet. Its better for them to play in the field like playing volleyball, basketball etc.
nemagia

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:40:21 AM

Technology has brought a lot of benefits and it needs to be hunted. Many talk about harm, but no one wants to return to the Stone Age. You just need to learn how to use them correctly and there will be no problems.
karansingh300698

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:58:33 AM

technology does have a lot of negative effects on the society, agreed. but one can't ignore the fact that technology is not just iPads and smartphones. technology is better defined by aeroplanes, spacecrafts, medical instruments and what not. so instead of wishing an existence without technology as many of us tend to do, we must practice self control and channel the merits to make the best out of what we got.
2pal34u

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:56:52 PM

it makes us lazy..
Quadast

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:27:18 PM

If the brothers for the basis of high technology For example, cryptography, then I do not see a single negative. Personally for me, one positive and very good help in life. Excite other moments of modern life does not affect negatively on life or the environment, but we should not think about the bad about the good.

auditankara

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:04:27 PM

Back when I was a child, me and my friends used to play outside all day long, technology was not quite introduced to us here in my country(Philippines) during those days. Nowadays, kids are inside their respective houses which is a good thing because they will be far away from all those bad influences but where is the fun in that?. I miss my childhood and I wish someday, I could teach my children what we used to play back then.
I support you pal, i think a kid will find more fun using their full body. And they will also learn more useful things while doing this.
kasturi

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:19:03 PM

Technology makes us grow more advanced, but make us more lazy because everything is backed up online, many people go to the bank and face to face, now they are online, the social impact given is very bad. Maybe it's true that maybe the lifetime people just stay at home and walk outside only with robots that we control through the VR camera
killgald

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:12:14 PM

Back when I was a child, me and my friends used to play outside all day long, technology was not quite introduced to us here in my country(Philippines) during those days. Nowadays, kids are inside their respective houses which is a good thing because they will be far away from all those bad influences but where is the fun in that?. I miss my childhood and I wish someday, I could teach my children what we used to play back then.
I support you pal, i think a kid will find more fun using their full body. And they will also learn more useful things while doing this.
Without mention the positives thing that brings doing sports in early childhood and fomenting relationships and frindship.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: