Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:09:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ▂▃▅▆▇⫷[ 🆉🅿🅾🅾🅻.🅲🅰 ]⫸⫷[!10 FLUX PA's!]⫸⫷[ the miners multipool ]⫸ ▇▆▅▃▂  (Read 279272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Jaerin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:13:14 PM

I wanted to let you know that I submitted a bug fix for the 80% value issue that I reported months back.  This is likely the cause of the low payment for coins mined.

https://github.com/tpruvot/yiimp/pull/192

Regardless if you think that this is a problem or not the code fix simply prevents the widely used AverageIncrement function from returning results that are 80% of the actual value when a zero is passed to it.

I am not attempting to rehash the argument again, simply pointing out a bug in the code.

Please consider implementing this on the pool.  It will likely return it to being the top paying pool especially considering Nicehash is likely not to return in the near future.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrCranky

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:15:37 PM

Hi,

New to ZPool, I have been running Nemosminer all afternoon on a GTX 1080 ti and have so far only managed to earn 0.00009777 BTC it would appear that they have stayed the same, if not gone backwards a little over the past few hours. It was over 0.0001000 earlier. What would the reason for this be?
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:21:36 PM

Wow.. Look at all the mouthly little yips with under 50 posts demanding answers.  I can clearly see why you were using nicehash.  You have no social interaction skills or common sense.  Offer suggestions and realize that someone could be in a different timezone on the other side of the world.  Sleep comes to us all, unforseen issues come to us all.  If you don't like things leave.  If you want to give things a chance, stay and shut up and observe.  I've been with this pool for years and as hashrate grew suddenly we had some hickups.  This hasn't changed but over time he has expanded to make things smoother.  Who sees 4700 BTC disappear suddenly?  As for comments mining in the dark?  What do you think nicehash was doing?  Your hashrate is calculated by the shares you send not your overall hashrate on your side.  Completely different system vs nicehash which is PPLS against PPLNS which is zpool.  If you don't know what those are I suggest either reading up on it or sit down and enjoy the ride.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:23:29 PM

I wanted to let you know that I submitted a bug fix for the 80% value issue that I reported months back.  This is likely the cause of the low payment for coins mined.

Regardless if you think that this is a problem or not the code fix simply prevents the widely used AverageIncrement function from returning results that are 80% of the actual value when a zero is passed to it.

I am not attempting to rehash the argument again, simply pointing out a bug in the code.

Please consider implementing this on the pool.  It will likely return it to being the top paying pool especially considering Nicehash is likely not to return in the near future.

Nice catch Jaerin.  Always nice to see someone attempting to improve things.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
CrownRoyal79

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:45:34 PM

Wow.. Look at all the mouthly little yips with under 50 posts demanding answers.  I can clearly see why you were using nicehash.  You have no social interaction skills or common sense.  Offer suggestions and realize that someone could be in a different timezone on the other side of the world.  Sleep comes to us all, unforseen issues come to us all.  If you don't like things leave.  If you want to give things a chance, stay and shut up and observe.  I've been with this pool for years and as hashrate grew suddenly we had some hickups.  This hasn't changed but over time he has expanded to make things smoother.  Who sees 4700 BTC disappear suddenly?  As for comments mining in the dark?  What do you think nicehash was doing?  Your hashrate is calculated by the shares you send not your overall hashrate on your side.  Completely different system vs nicehash which is PPLS against PPLNS which is zpool.  If you don't know what those are I suggest either reading up on it or sit down and enjoy the ride.

You assume an awful lot... I've never used NiceHash, not even once. I switched a couple of my rigs from equihash to lyra2v2. I've tried a couple of different pools in the past 2 days. I like that this pool converts to BTC automatically. However, I would love to know why THIS POOL reports my hashrate at roughly 40% of what my miner reports while a couple other pools report it almost dead-on with what my miner reports. If it's just a reporting problem on the pool side and I'm being paid fairly, then I couldn't care less what gets reported and will keep mining here. But if there is some type of problem and I'm only getting credited for 40% of my hashes then of course I will mine elsewhere.

And since you have more than 50 posts, I'm sure that makes you a bonafide expert on this topic... so please do us all a favor and provide the answer!
dottat

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:53:25 PM

You assume an awful lot... I've never used NiceHash, not even once. I switched a couple of my rigs from equihash to lyra2v2. I've tried a couple of different pools in the past 2 days. I like that this pool converts to BTC automatically. However, I would love to know why THIS POOL reports my hashrate at roughly 40% of what my miner reports while a couple other pools report it almost dead-on with what my miner reports. If it's just a reporting problem on the pool side and I'm being paid fairly, then I couldn't care less what gets reported and will keep mining here. But if there is some type of problem and I'm only getting credited for 40% of my hashes then of course I will mine elsewhere.

And since you have more than 50 posts, I'm sure that makes you a bonafide expert on this topic... so please do us all a favor and provide the answer!

Most of these pools really don't know what your miner's true hash rate is.  It can only guess the hash rate by looking at the number of submitted shares vs your difficulty.  The actual hash rate of your rig doesn't mean squat if its not making valid shares.
CrownRoyal79

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:58:34 PM

Most of these pools really don't know what your miner's true hash rate is.  It can only guess the hash rate by looking at the number of submitted shares vs your difficulty.  The actual hash rate of your rig doesn't mean squat if its not making valid shares.

100% valid shares according to the Zpool. Suprnova reports hashrate accurately - the reported rate bounces above and below what my miner reports. Zpool consistently shows the hashrate bouncing above and below 40%. All I really care about is whether I'm being compensated fairly.
dottat

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:03:20 PM

100% valid shares according to the Zpool. Suprnova reports hashrate accurately - the reported rate bounces above and below what my miner reports. Zpool consistently shows the hashrate bouncing above and below 40%. All I really care about is whether I'm being compensated fairly.

From past earnings the posted 24 hr avg in mBtc X's the avg hash of two of my d3's (30,000) equalled earnings.  This new influx of miners here has changed a number of variables like it has elsewhere and some of the previous stable reporting indicators are off.  Earnings though still seem to be roughly the same perhaps a little lower due to the increased difficulty because of the higher pool hash rate. 

Hopefully the dust settles and folks adjust to the new normal soon.  I would imagine this wasn't anything anyone at this pool or any other pool could have dreamed happening so it's catching everyone off guard.  Imagine the idled hardware at nicehash right now.
Max3k

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:07:40 PM

Most of these pools really don't know what your miner's true hash rate is.  It can only guess the hash rate by looking at the number of submitted shares vs your difficulty.  The actual hash rate of your rig doesn't mean squat if its not making valid shares.
That's not a fact, if you have such problems, you need to watch the total received rate "Hashrate" in %, and already from this percentage the number received of coins (Amount). If you get exactly what is stated on the website, you are losing half of their income, in his case it is 60%. I have sometimes a similar situation occurs, we have to restart the client (miner.exe) only after this, the stats on the pool begins to converge. I don't know why this happens, but it is almost always only one algorithm (lyra2v2).
dottat

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:28:04 PM

Most of these pools really don't know what your miner's true hash rate is.  It can only guess the hash rate by looking at the number of submitted shares vs your difficulty.  The actual hash rate of your rig doesn't mean squat if its not making valid shares.
That's not a fact, if you have such problems, you need to watch the total received rate "Hashrate" in %, and already from this percentage the number received of coins (Amount). If you get exactly what is stated on the website, you are losing half of their income, in his case it is 60%. I have sometimes a similar situation occurs, we have to restart the client (miner.exe) only after this, the stats on the pool begins to converge. I don't know why this happens, but it is almost always only one algorithm (lyra2v2).

That may be truer on the lower hash rate hardware.  I'm only telling you what it looks like from larger asic based miners (x11, script for me).  Sometimes it reports high, sometimes low... and it's based off the shares the site is seeing.  Nicehash actually had a page dedicated to explaining this.  Here's where someone posted it to reddit... last couple paragraphs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/6nkqb7/why_the_hashrate_on_the_website_is_different_from/
guytechie

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:31:09 PM

Something wrong with the Neoscrypt stratum or the way the site is reporting hashrate.

I have 2 rigs - one is at 2.57 MH/s and the other is at 4.55 MH/s.  On the pool site, it says I'm at 886 kh/s (sometimes hitting 1.1 MH/s), and the other is 916 kh/s (sometimes hitting 1.4 MH/s)

Does the Neoscrypt stratum need to be restarted?

Join the club! Lyra2v2, X11, and Neoscrypt users all with the same problem -- hashrates being reported VERY low.
No need to "join".  I'm already a member.

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 11:07:22 PM

have the new server deployed and currently preparing it and getting it setup/secured.

Hopfully later tonight I can move DB and stratum to it.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
guytechie

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:14:09 PM

Can we have this, @crackfoo?  Can we, can we, can we? Please, @crackfoo, please!  It’s Christmas!

BTC:
spider703

Activity: 1764
Merit: 148

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 12:43:44 AM

the site is offline, and mining works, will it be reckoned?

BTC 1Hof999zuqUKpifmzrSABv7tNr4nRaoJKM LTC Lf2L6DTBr2gXT38d7cVRqDQiHMndtXQyNW or write me in https://t.me/spider703
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:01:55 AM

yup, in the works now. building up the new server to handle the increased traffic. Just the front end is off right now as it was causing additional unnecessary stress on the server.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
iModAMD

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:19:18 AM

yup, in the works now. building up the new server to handle the increased traffic. Just the front end is off right now as it was causing additional unnecessary stress on the server.

Hey , I want to thank you for the excellent service you're offering . Mining was working (I use NemosMiner-v2.2-master) . I rebooted my rig 1 hour ago and now it seems I can't connect anymore (waited like 1h still not starting) . Is it normal considering your website is down ?

Thanks in advance !
minerx117

Activity: 728
Merit: 256

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:01:29 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 04:25:07 AM by minerx117

Hey , I want to thank you for the excellent service you're offering . Mining was working (I use NemosMiner-v2.2-master) . I rebooted my rig 1 hour ago and now it seems I can't connect anymore (waited like 1h still not starting) . Is it normal considering your website is down ?

Thanks in advance !

you can use 1.7.6-zpool until api server is back up:

download 1.7.6
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.0

edit.bat (NemosMiner-v1.7.6-ZPOOL1070.bat)

change btc address to yours and select how many gpus you have eg. 1 gpu

SET ADDY=1QGADhdMRpp9Pk5u5zG1TrHKRrdK5R81TE
SET GPUequihash=0
SET GPUccminer=0

eg. 6 gpu's

SET GPUequihash=0 1 2 3 4 5
SET GPUccminer=0,1,2,3,4,5

save and run .bat

Regards Nemo

NemosMiner-v3.8.1.3
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 04:30:59 AM

finally felt my first outage.  I am sure this is normal because a new machine is stepping in and there were DB migrations mentioned... maybe the coinbox has been reset.  She pings clearly though.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
guytechie

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:57:40 AM

Thanks in advance !

you can use 1.7.6-zpool until api server is back up:

download 1.7.6
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.0

edit.bat (NemosMiner-v1.7.6-ZPOOL1070.bat)

change btc address to yours and select how many gpus you have eg. 1 gpu

SET GPUequihash=0
SET GPUccminer=0

eg. 6 gpu's

SET GPUequihash=0 1 2 3 4 5
SET GPUccminer=0,1,2,3,4,5

save and run .bat

Regards Nemo

Does this means people who are still mining with 2.2 isn't auto-switching?

I noticed my miners have been mining the same algo for half a day.

BTC:
crackfoo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 04:58:52 AM

finally felt my first outage.  I am sure this is normal because a new machine is stepping in and there were DB migrations mentioned... maybe the coinbox has been reset.  She pings clearly though.

DB & stratums migrated to new server. Will soon put frontend back on after some monitoring.

Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: