Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pls describe ur actions honestly
I lose most of the time cuz I'm gambler, baby! - 32 (17.8%)
Occasionally I do end up with a low outcome - 90 (50%)
Mistakes? Haven't heard o'them. Got steel nerves and titanium balls. - 58 (32.2%)
Total Voters: 180

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you manage ur emotions?  (Read 55890 times)
babymoney

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:17:29 PM

The best emotional management comes from having a clear cut strategy and knowing exactly what to do when you execute each trade. If your strategy is extremely detailed, emotional management will come naturally.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:33:35 AM

Well it's irritating that you've lost so much or you've sold early and the next day the price go bloom. What I'm doing in times like this is drink a cold water and ride the bicycle or walk down the street, think some and stretch some. It's really hard to bear loss, sometimes you won't be able to sleep at night but as the time passes by I'm back to myself and think throughly of what to do to compensate from what I've lost. It's not always a win so trade what you can afford to lose.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:40:49 AM

The best emotional management comes from having a clear cut strategy and knowing exactly what to do when you execute each trade. If your strategy is extremely detailed, emotional management will come naturally.
When we will be following a strong technical analysis based strategy, there will be no chances for us to lose our emotions hence managing emotions while trading will be much easier along with profit making.

We are all face the situation of needing emotion control when our trading strategy is not supporting us profit making. When a high fluctuating market deviate our targets, automatically all the traders get emotions broken which is leading to ad-hoc decision making. When our important decisions are taken under pressure, its accuracy will be low.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:24:36 AM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?
I'm not good in handling my emotion that's why I'm making everything sure. I set technical analysis and if doesn't achieved, I just hold it and read some news. I'm maling a plan so that I have a guide an basis for my every decsion. I don't tend to put myself in unpredictable situation so that I can be able to keep off my emotion control me.
VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:37:56 AM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?
I'm not good in handling my emotion that's why I'm making everything sure. I set technical analysis and if doesn't achieved, I just hold it and read some news. I'm maling a plan so that I have a guide an basis for my every decsion. I don't tend to put myself in unpredictable situation so that I can be able to keep off my emotion control me.

In theory, everything sounds right. But will it all be observed in practice? I can not. And I often violate the prearranged plan and do emotional things. Sometimes they bring a good profit

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:10:41 AM

In theory, everything sounds right. But will it all be observed in practice? I can not.
As I am a trader myself, I must admit that in some cases it's quite difficult to follow my initital plan (based on analysis) at the time my feelings tell me to do the otherwise. Important is that you stick to your plan no matter what your feelings 'tell' you to do. This is where proper traders get seperated from those that aren't strong enough. Seriously, feelings/emotions are a horrible guide.

And I often violate the prearranged plan and do emotional things. Sometimes they bring a good profit
As I said, feelings/emotions are a horrible guide. It's basically the same as gambling since luck is the only thing you then depend on. So yes, in some cases it might result in you making profits, but at the same time, it can result in you losing out. It's not worth the risk, and you don't learn anything...
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:13:25 AM

Sometimes that clear strategy could be altered as unexpectable thing happens that's why we shouldn't just make a clear strategy but we also needs alternative strategies so that we can handle a situation without tolerating our emotion controls us.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:52:55 AM

Sometimes that clear strategy could be altered as unexpectable thing happens that's why we shouldn't just make a clear strategy but we also needs alternative strategies so that we can handle a situation without tolerating our emotion controls us.
Having always a back-up plans is good because we do be ready when unexpected things do happen on the way.If we dont have any ways to cope up then for sure emotions will overcome us and will control us on our actions which lead on wrong decisions.We should really have strong discipline and control to ourselves in any field its either on trading or even on gambling .

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 10:41:59 AM

To manage our emotions,we should not blindly follow the market.we should analyze market situations before taking any decision.We should not get panic and sell our coins and at the same time,we should not quickly buy some coins due to FOMO.We should remain cool and just observe market and trade in long terms instead of short terms.

Surely this is a good action in trading, to reduce the level of losses that sometimes arise due to emotional action and not selective in observing the market price movements. Thus, carelessly doing trade transactions that certainly has the consequences of loss
Chanceuxmech

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:13:17 PM

Manage your decision by not always depending on your feeling ot emotion because it might lead you to confusion. Think wisely of the best way to use up your money. You can invest it to gain more. Think of the advantages of coming up into a trading or investing. You may use your instinct to decide quickly not just emotion.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:19:14 PM

Don't be affected on what you see's when you lose then think positive that everything will be alright at the time comes if feel negative on your self maybe your emotion will affect your attitude and sometimes you will be more rude to others or when you are playing gambling once you started wthout emotion maybe you will become greedy.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5930

Meh.

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:40:57 PM

I've been gambling and trading more money than I'd like to think of since I was 14. I'm a very emotional guy so sometimes when taking losses I've cried. But for each loss I've been getting more and more numb. Nowadays I can usually shrug away a loss of thousands of $, but sometimes they hurt a bit more, depending on how my life is currently looking.

I'd say that if you emotional you should just consider the money as "numbers" on a screen. Keep telling yourself that and eventually you won't care too much.

If you have a good living standard it helps. Never do stupid decisions like putting all your eggs in one basket though, that can become catastrophic.

Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:42:19 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 10:41:30 PM by Jewell

To manage our emotions,we should not blindly follow the market.we should analyze market situations before taking any decision.We should not get panic and sell our coins and at the same time,we should not quickly buy some coins due to FOMO.We should remain cool and just observe market and trade in long terms instead of short terms.

Surely this is a good action in trading, to reduce the level of losses that sometimes arise due to emotional action and not selective in observing the market price movements. Thus, carelessly doing trade transactions that certainly has the consequences of loss
those people who do not have proper education or knowledge about trading or gambling, such people become emotional very soon, they do not give any attention to study and analyse the situation, but they only think how to increase the investment, either in gambling or trading. which really cause a lot of lost to them. those people who have good planning are really making money from trading and even from gambling.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:43:15 AM

By managing our emotions, this is the most things  happened to those people who don't have enough knowledge about trading, gambling
and etc. So for us to control our emotions it needs self discipline and self control.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:12:37 AM

Greetings!

For a simple explanation, I never stick away from my plans no matter what regardless if the coin I'm holding dumps, I will stil choose to hold it and sell it as I reached the TP I set.

Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:37:13 AM

Practically since I'm still new with altcoin trading, I tend to have a low outcome but I really don't play with my emotions because it'll bring negativity and might end up losing a lot with the money I put in trading.
ekans45

Activity: 229
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:53:00 AM

Practically since I'm still new with altcoin trading, I tend to have a low outcome but I really don't play with my emotions because it'll bring negativity and might end up losing a lot with the money I put in trading.
That's the mind set if you are new in trading. If you want handle more of your emotion, only target small profit yet risky since you can do it many times in just a day unlike doing long term trading which os riskier as coin may not break the resistance.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:09:30 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 03:55:56 PM by raven7886

I never stick away from my plans no matter what regardless if the coin I'm holding dumps, I will stil choose to hold it and sell it as I reached the TP I set.
How you are staying calm when you are watching your money is being lost. It is kind of dying situations for me. Either I need to move of my computer screen or I need to take some messy decisions to control myself. I had experiences of leaving of my positions and faced lost and quit my positions and faced loses too.

Managing emotions in favor of profit making may not possible for all the traders. But if we get practice to it then we can be sure about earning a living just from trading.
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:40:54 PM

By managing our emotions, this is the most things  happened to those people who don't have enough knowledge about trading, gambling
and etc. So for us to control our emotions it needs self discipline and self control.
i think it is really such a difficult job to manage our emotions, i think most of the people cannot manage their emotions specially in gambling and that s the reason that most of the people lost money in gambling. those people who have good control over their emotions they can really make good profit.
Neoliberalism

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:58:54 PM

Managing emotions comes with practice. All of us like to think that we have complete control over our emotions but the truth is that most people are impulsive and driven by instincts which they later rationalize in some way and that gives them the illusion that they have tought things out.
You have to practice by being mindful. Having a good understanding of how our emotions work and impact our decisions.

Decisions cant be made wothout emotions on the other hand, pure logic is not enough.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: