Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:25:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pls describe ur actions honestly
I lose most of the time cuz I'm gambler, baby! - 32 (17.8%)
Occasionally I do end up with a low outcome - 90 (50%)
Mistakes? Haven't heard o'them. Got steel nerves and titanium balls. - 58 (32.2%)
Total Voters: 180

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you manage ur emotions?  (Read 55890 times)
BeastLee

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:06:06 PM

Some people learn best from mistakes, so sadly they need to lose money to learn and harden their emotions. I know because this is what has happened to me.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:29:43 PM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?

When my coins price are slowly melting down, What i do is just reading some good news about the coin i am holding today and there's some traders here that are also holding the same coin as you have and some of them may have good predictions about your coins on when it will rise up again, So my advice is just think positive and hold longer, Do not sell it till you get the right profit.
tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:17:28 PM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?

When my coins price are slowly melting down, What i do is just reading some good news about the coin i am holding today and there's some traders here that are also holding the same coin as you have and some of them may have good predictions about your coins on when it will rise up again, So my advice is just think positive and hold longer, Do not sell it till you get the right profit.

My altcoins too. All of them are in loss position right now. I'm very upset and I can't continue my emotions. I made a huge trade mistake yesterday, I lost $230 and this is because of this uncontrolled emotions.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:12:17 PM

Well it is very difficult to do that, but you are able to do it if you can control your emotions while you are trading in the markets, that is acquired once you have the right knowledge and you had losses in the past.
at the beggining i loss so much, but you learn from that losses and you know that you are always gonna get profit  from every trade.
that is how it must be done
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:07:20 AM

There are three things have learnt in order of importance that constitute you.
1. Will
2. Logic
3. Emotion

These are asset that can make you extremely rich or poor!
 When your emotion is in a mess your logic takes over and when your situation defile logic, your will to be make s you a success eventually
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:23:51 AM

Well it is very difficult to do that, but you are able to do it if you can control your emotions while you are trading in the markets, that is acquired once you have the right knowledge and you had losses in the past.
at the beggining i loss so much, but you learn from that losses and you know that you are always gonna get profit  from every trade.
Emotions are hard to control it is present at all times but you can use emotions in much better or good applying of it.
Having a good analysis and prediction will limit your emotion and you will have a better results along with it.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:14:51 AM

Emotions are hard to control it is present at all times but you can use emotions in much better or good applying of it.
Having a good analysis and prediction will limit your emotion and you will have a better results along with it.

Emotions is best use after you cash out your earnings Smiley
During your trade, gambing, or investing, you should not let emotions over power you and let facts, research, skills, and the like dictate what you are going to do with your investment strategy.
Pipmaker123

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:27:37 AM

Guys, I've got some really good books on trading psychology available if anyone's interested ? I've got Trading In The Zone By Mark Douglas and another book called The Psychology Of Trading by Brett Sternbarger (not sure if I've spelt that right). I would upload them here, but they cost quite a lot of money on Amazon (Trading In The Zone is like $31.00) so don't want to get into trouble for giving them away for free.

If you're interested PM me and I'll send them over to you.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:47:39 PM

Greetings!

When emotions attack in human everything for sure will be affected. That's why we need to have a self-control and self discipline too. Like what you said you must stick to your original plan whatever happens stay still.
Emworks

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:21:32 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 01:04:09 PM by Emworks

Excitement, frustration,panic and fear are the common emotion felt by seasonal trader like me and those emotion are need to address to avoid lossing everything.
Everybody says that you need to control or set aside your emotion everytime you do trade whether you are make trade on daily basis or not.but its easier said than done.specially when you are on the main situation.maybe this is simple to others but for many its not, including myself.
Im not an expert or any sort but this are my point of view; managing your emotion are part of trading skills,  that can only be obtain thru  reapeated process and experience., you can't learn it by reading the book or watching. youtube(trading courses) so if you think you can't handle your emotion you better to stay away and find another source were emotion are not on the line.but if you really want it, do it!  what ever it takes until such time you can handle your emotion wisely and free.
kuckong

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:29:51 PM

Greetings!

lust will give loss in our live.
when gambling, never put your emotion on it. be poker face

sasaki111

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:45:43 PM

Emotions are not easily to control. Emotions are a vital part of our everyday lives. Whether you’re having a good laugh over a text message or feeling frustrated in rush hour traffic, you know that the highs and lows you experience can significantly affect your well-being. Your ability to regulate those emotions, in turn, affects how you’re perceived by the people around you. If you’re laughing at that text during a serious meeting, you’re likely to get resentful looks from others in the room. On the other hand, if you react with rage at a driver who cuts you off in traffic, you can engender unwanted attention, and perhaps even risk your life.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:59:04 PM

Greetings!

We cannot avoid such thing like that and it's a normal emotion, but it's not fine because it can lead to some loss. I want to enter trading soon, but before that I will first practice myself on such thing so I can avoid panic, nervousness, and other mixing of emotions which really is a hard job because feelings cannot be controlled. But practice make better not perfect, so I can be better. Just always trust yourself and be confidence enough to deal with it.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:13:54 PM

I used to gamble way too much for my own good. Day in, day out. Constantly in the red, and continuously hoping for that one ticket up, just one huge jackpot win. Never got it.

I don't gamble anymore, but I've learned a couple of skills to handle emotions, especially when trading or making decisions.

1 - Before you make a decision, look at the reasons why. If any of them are emotionally-driven, they aren't valid.
2 - If you find yourself crying or upset, don't decide, or take the safe path. You dont think straight when you're affected emotionally.
3 - Bet what you can lose Nope. Don't bet at all. Only idiots leave the outcome to fate and chance. Take fights you will win.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:20:13 PM

Emotions are not easily to control. Emotions are a vital part of our everyday lives. Whether you’re having a good laugh over a text message or feeling frustrated in rush hour traffic, you know that the highs and lows you experience can significantly affect your well-being. Your ability to regulate those emotions, in turn, affects how you’re perceived by the people around you. If you’re laughing at that text during a serious meeting, you’re likely to get resentful looks from others in the room. On the other hand, if you react with rage at a driver who cuts you off in traffic, you can engender unwanted attention, and perhaps even risk your life.
Essentially every self-control must have good patience because then we can keep our emotions. whatever the circumstances try to keep calm because that's a good start to be able to control all the bad things happen. I suggest for those who have poor emotional control then they must learn to reward themselves with a sense of calmness compared to their ambitions.
thoham

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:51:48 PM

We all suffer from emotional overreactions. In the heat of the moment we say something to a person we love without stopping to consider the shockwaves. Or we blast off an email and wonder why we didn’t sleep on it before pressing ‘Send’. Our emotions spill over and, by the time they recede, the damage is done.
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:27:15 PM

Essentially every self-control must have good patience because then we can keep our emotions. whatever the circumstances try to keep calm because that's a good start to be able to control all the bad things happen. I suggest for those who have poor emotional control then they must learn to reward themselves with a sense of calmness compared to their ambitions.
When the price of coin you are trading reach to high price or your target but you do not have order in that time, to be honest your greedy will make you can not sell your coin.
Because you will see many reason make you can keep that coin, even some people agree with your idea when you ask them on speculation, it makes you feel you are right and after all, you will be loser Grin
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:23:55 PM

When the price of coin you are trading reach to high price or your target but you do not have order in that time, to be honest your greedy will make you can not sell your coin.
Because you will see many reason make you can keep that coin, even some people agree with your idea when you ask them on speculation, it makes you feel you are right and after all, you will be loser Grin

The way to combat this is to have a pre-planned trading. What it means is that, you already have a planned target price to buy and a target price to sell. Once you open your buy position, there is no guessing game already and you just follow your pre-planned trading without any emotions involved.
kidsuzudn

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:34:07 AM

The best way to manage your emotion is : Understand your emotional needs. In order to manage your emotions, you need to fully understand them. All of us have certain emotional needs that are just as important as our physical needs. Spend some time taking an inventory of the emotional needs that are most important to you.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:42:25 AM

Greetings!

When emotions attack in human everything for sure will be affected. That's why we need to have a self-control and self discipline too. Like what you said you must stick to your original plan whatever happens stay still.
Humans are different from computers because we have emotions which interfere in all of our decisions and no doubt, sometimes we make right decisions also due to these feelings.

The only solution to all the problems that are caused by abrupt decisions is patience. Train your mind to stay calm under all kind of situations. This is what we also call discipline and without it we cannot be successful in life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: